[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I rather die of starvation than become a wageslave. Expend 10
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 11
I rather die of starvation than become a wageslave.
Expend 10 hours, (9 hours of works/1 hour (unpaid) for launch I believe).
10, fucking, hours, a day, locked in some shithole attending people or doing some shit while being ordered around by some asshole. I can't bear the frustration of working 4 hours in a row and knowing there 6 more hours to go and the next day awaits the same thing over and over.
Not counting 1 (unpaid) hour of travel and some more time for preparation.
In the end all you get is like 3 hours of free time while completely energy-drained.
To waste your life for a worthless 8$ hour, 320$ a week(40 hour), 1280$ a month.
Kill me.
>>
File: fuckyounigga.gif (435 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
fuckyounigga.gif
435 KB, 500x281
It's honestly just fucking absurd.

Have no idea how people can stand it.

I'm almost 26, and I've managed to avoid full-time work my entire life, but that's going to come to a close soon.

I'm too much of a pussy to kill myself, so I'll just hope for death.
>>
>>25344068
I dunno if you are wagecuck posting or not. Full time work in the US is now 34 hours. Most work weeks are 40, 8 hours 5 days a week. Lunch breaks are always paid time unless your employer likes breaking the law.

A week is 168 hours long. A standard work week is less than a quarter of that entire time. Let's say you also spend half of that asleep for whatever reason. You'd STILL have more free time than time spent working.
>>
>>25344068
And to think wagecucks have the gall to call us lazy wastes of space that leech off the government when all their job does is allow them to barely survive while making soulless corporations massive profits that do nothing but sit in offshore tax shelters so Shekelsteinburg can brag about it to other Shekelsteinburgs and then leave it all to his kids to continue the process.

It is slavery, only this time it's the bottom 90% of people and you get a choice at what shiny distractions occupy your limited miserable free time.

No wonder so many people turn to crime and drugs, anything is better than this
>>
>>25344262
9 to 5 is still 8 hours of work, still 9 hours non counting lunch. Most companies don't pay your lunch time, some companies even give only half an hour for lunch.
>>
>>25344098
How have you managed to support yourself with no source of income for so long?
>>
>>25344068
it does sound like shit but thats why you get a degree in a good field. and also the reason NEETs love to rub in the wagies faces

>>25344908
I'd love to know that too>>25344098
>>25344262
>be me
>use to work
>employer would force us to put in our lunch times
>would deduct pay
>just found out he was breaking law
>sheeeiittt.jpg
>>
File: 1451437889677.jpg (177 KB, 1600x1036) Image search: [Google]
1451437889677.jpg
177 KB, 1600x1036
>>25344068
I worked in a factory for years, hard manual labor. Payed decent but I couldn't advance because I'm an autist, despite my supervisor and foremen telling me I was the best worker they had, repeatedly. Came to feel like my destiny was just to be used for my work ethic, and never rewarded. I guess you could say I'm entitled, and I guess you would be right, but I don't want to be a slave, I don't want to work hard and get payed the same as the lady who answers who sits in the back office and answers the phone every now and then.
>>
File: NEETMutant.jpg (216 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
NEETMutant.jpg
216 KB, 1000x1000
>mfw Wageslaves think they can climb the ladder and become rich
>mfw wageslave's collective delusion allows the corporate system exists

Imagine a million slaves who all work because there is a chance one of them might be the master
>>
>>25344989
I used to have an hour paid lunch, but my new boss has me clock out when I go eat.
She's never there, and I just come back with whatever I got to eat and clock back in, so it's only like 10 minutes. Still annoying
>>
>>25345100
my employer made us clock out for said amount of time I believe it was 30 minutes but hey add that up per day and the time i worked there which was a year and 40 hours a week. that adds up

that cheeky fucker.
>>
Rather die of starvation? Yea, I don't think so. You'd miss a few meals and be begging to work 60 hour weeks. Just being honest.
>>
File: 1449479150489.jpg (57 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1449479150489.jpg
57 KB, 720x720
You neet welfare niggers can't even afford to smoke a brisket and buy a nice bottle of wine. Pitiful.
>>
File: 1445615833984.png (267 KB, 807x797) Image search: [Google]
1445615833984.png
267 KB, 807x797
>>25344068
I'm in the process of trying to become a wageslave. I have no way of earning neetbux, and I'm sick of having zero disposable income.

Just sent out some resumes, fight me nigger.
>>
>>25344068
That's why I went into academia.

I do some mental masturbation in my office and teach some kids and suddenly I'm making 60k annually. Since I'm autistic and have no gf or kids that's all money going towards my hobbies and passions though I give away about 5k annually to charity because I don't have expensive hobbies.
>>
>>25347948
Join the dark side we have no life but money can solve everything!
>>
>roommate's wife up and left
>she was a major source of income
>make around $240
>$200 goes to paying the $1200 dollar rent every month
>left with $40 every two weeks
>can't really do anything with it since my roommate is opposed to my heavy drinking to cope

Might very well kill myself soon. I was depressed because I had no money, but now I'm depressed that I'm working and have no money.
>>
>>25344098

It's really not that bad, you'll probably be less suicidal when you start working

>>25344068

You don't have to work for $8 an hour and you can also do something you enjoy. I'm a business owner at 23, I usually end up making around $25 an hour.

I work 6 days a week and usually do a lot of extra time shopping for my store besides running it. I honestly don't see what could hold your attention at home for all your waking hours 7 days days a week, 365 days a year.

I enjoy making my own money and meeting new people at work. I get really bored on my days off and I don't see how I did it when I was NEET. I used to have an aversion to work the same as you but you get used to it once you do it for a few months and especially if it's interesting or fun to you.

Your parents can't support you forever and no while I personally have nothing against NEETs it's objectively pathetic and embarrassing, unless you have absolutely no shame or and non dress delusional.

You could look into into a solid college major and start small by taking a class or two online for a local community college. I'm probably going to do this myself in Spring to study CS because I have other aspirations and it's a solid fallback plan. I've heard accounting, engineering and math are good majors too.

Good luck.
>>
File: 3123421.jpg (65 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
3123421.jpg
65 KB, 240x320
>>25348224
Elaborate on the whole "I'm a business owner at 23" thing.

What is your business? You say you spend time "shopping for my store", does this mean you own some kind of shop? What do you sell?
>>
>>25348433

I sell clothes, I get them used and sell them for a sizeable profit. I have a shop with very low rent so that helps too. My parents do the same thing so I grew up around clothes and I would help with their shop and shopping so it was really easy to open my own store.
>>
>>25348433

And I graduated when I was 18, so in the 5 years since then I spent time NEETing, I worked as a security guard which was honestly the most boring thing I've ever done and helped my parents with their business since I was living at home. I saved money though enough to buy starter clothes and 4 months at rent but luckily my store was at success.
>>
>>25348041
I'd probably meet more people and have more of a life as a wagecuck
>>
File: 1448252022242.png (229 KB, 1200x807) Image search: [Google]
1448252022242.png
229 KB, 1200x807
>>25348224
>25 year old college grad (useless degree)
>making $9 an hour

JUST
>>
>>25348483
>assuming op has parents who own their own business
>assuming that because you were able to start your own business so easily that op could do something similar
>assuming the hand you were dealt is to be considered average
>>
>>25348635

Sorry dude... what major?
>>
>>25348647

If you're a NEET then there's no reason to not go to college.
>>
>>25348483
Neat. That's pretty fucking godly for a 23 year old.
>>
>>25344068
Start starving then, nigger, you'll change your tune pretty quick.
>>
>>25348635
i am in the exact same situation. i was going to go after a computer science degree but came to the realization that i hate math. ended up going with an associates degree in cyber security at a community college.

is the place you work at hiring?
>>
File: 1406091879355.jpg (58 KB, 294x361) Image search: [Google]
1406091879355.jpg
58 KB, 294x361
>>25347613
>Implying you wagecucks can afford that
>>
File: 1451366451608.png (438 KB, 646x720) Image search: [Google]
1451366451608.png
438 KB, 646x720
>>25348635
>try to be clever
>Study STEM career
>Hard as fuck
>Failed several subjects over and over
>Started uni in 2009
>supposed to finish uni in 2012
>It's 2016
>Have a MASSIVE loan debt
>Have a previous debt
Why can't I die already, Why can't I get a sudden heart attack or something, is too much to ask for?
>>
>>25349263
stem sciencist, dude, just learn mandarin and you're going to be fucking rich rich rich.
>>
Joining the Navy is a good alternative to a dead-end minimum wage job desu.

It doesn't feel like a job to me, I was a NEET for a year out of HS then joined. Its like a lifestyle, and after 6 years I should be making like 30k as an E4 if I'm not higher.
>>
>>25350047
Ayyy whats your rating sailorbro?

I'm STG E-3 right now
>>
For me its part-time or die. I can't be a NEET, and I'm not going to work all fucking day, and if I do I'm going to have more days off to compensate.

I work four days a week, they schedule me 25 hours or less. Any more than that I contemplate suicide. I'm living with my parents atm, but if I had to move out I would get roommates.

Seriously fuck full-time.
>>
>>25344098
What the fuck else dp you do with your time? At least go make some money.
>>
>>25348006
>tfw doing phd but still really don't want to work
i've thought of killing myself just to avoid work
>>
>>25344068

>1280 a month

try like 1000. Taxes fuck you in the ass.
>>
I have a job where I only work 5 hours a day.
2 hours in the morning and 3 in the evening with a lot of free time in between.

I'm off every weekend and get lots of breaks.

I don't make a lot but don't need much since I live with my parents.

The thought of working a full time jobs with very little time off scares me.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.