[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A Positive Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 5
File: my_hand.jpg (2 MB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
my_hand.jpg
2 MB, 1920x2560
who /life planning/ here?

I finally get the fuck out of NEET-dom hell in a couple of weeks when I fly off to university and will never have to deal with the shit-hole of a family and town I've dealt with for so fucking long, god dammit.

Here is where I am, currently.

>20 years old right now
>go off to university(not paying) for top major that will positively affect me not only monetarily but in the knowledge that I gain (elon musk-tier physics+econ double major or electrical engineering are the main considerations right now and I still have time to change my major/schedule to whatever I want)
>sell the last of all of my things to save space/weight and hoarding cash in my bank account as a personal emergency fund
>find internships and other recreational things to do during breaks (hiking sounds fun) so I just never have to go back to where I used to live for any reason
>hopefully graduate in 4-5 years with bachelors of science in STEM or business as a backup
>move out of the USA after hopefully getting at least 1 of 3 internships in Canada/Europe/Australia/outside of the USA
>meet qt3.14 slav/celtic motherly girl
>die happy knowing I did something that I thought was important

the end is where I obviously don't know and just put some silly things but the college and being free from this hell part is what I'm focusing on. The dream would be to either contribute to some extremely important/serious project in some STEM field and learn a lot OR have my own business where I sell my creations and grow my own company, but I really haven't looked into any of those possibilities yet being so early in the plan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1zDuOPkMSw
link related is what I think is a very good final lecture from a very smart guy on careers. I'm not sure why I felt like including this.
>>
File: 1353974744502.jpg (325 KB, 775x726) Image search: [Google]
1353974744502.jpg
325 KB, 775x726
You sound focused and willing to work. That's a big part of success.
>>
File: ireland2.jpg (44 KB, 599x411) Image search: [Google]
ireland2.jpg
44 KB, 599x411
bumping for the greater good of positive feels
>>
>>25344047
>getting my life together..
Don't know where to begin, I am basically homeless.. have no job and no car and im 22 years old. I started an apprenticeship and never finished and have been out of work for the past year and a half yet have been travelling and am currently living on the other side of the country *where i have been for the past year and a half* and met my online girlfriend whom I've been with this entire time, she keeps pushing me to better myself but I am just so damn lazy and such a pussy. I need some motivation.. I'm stuck in this depressing negative, existential crisis, nihilistic way of thinking. I really need some help here, I don't want my life to be this way anymore.
>>
File: jackie_chan.jpg (54 KB, 465x371) Image search: [Google]
jackie_chan.jpg
54 KB, 465x371
>>25344047

>21 and white
>going to go a decent uni to study IT (though might change to cs with a minor in business or finance)
>in the process of getting medicated for my mental illnesses
>am in the process of designing an app that will help people with mood disorders like me, and know a guy who has created and sold several tech business for millions
>am pretty smart and managed to get through two years of college as an A student while being unmedicated for my mental issues
>have a few good friends who i trust
>my parents are very supportive
>making a lot of progress with my therapy
>depression and ADHD keep me from reaching my potential but i do okay at making it through each day
>potential chad, been lifting for about six months and starting to move out of the dyel phase, i have wit and charisma and am very likeable, though the ADHD makes socializing very difficult
>training myself to run a 5k, making good progress (fuck shin splints though)

My mental and emotional state right now is shit, but I have to remind myself to be grateful for what I do have and that I can one day reach my potential.
>>
File: ireland1.jpg (149 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
ireland1.jpg
149 KB, 600x450
>>25345646
>bumping for the greater good of positive feels

v2
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.