[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/uni feel/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: 1342382515867.jpg (9 KB, 207x200) Image search: [Google]
1342382515867.jpg
9 KB, 207x200
hey fellas
when's everyone heading back? classes begin monday for me
how was last term? fail anything? is this term going to be better or worse? how many terms do you have left?
>>
I go back on the 18th. I'm so fucking bored. Just been smoking weed and playing halo 5 all day and I'm sick of not having anything to do. I got a two b's an a and a D that got raised to a C plus after I begged the teacher shameless to have mercy on me.
>>
>>25339258
I know that feel

>hate school when I'm there
>hate home when I'm here
>realize I am happy nowhere except on the move
>>
Classes beginonday for me too, have a recit of calculus on wednesday and learning for it right now. Have to pass this class. Failed 3/5 classes last term, will do recits for them as soon as possible. Will go to a different uni next year after summer vacation to do a different study from which i do now. Hate everyday i'm there following the classes and learning for exams. Have to finish this uear of my parents otherwise they won't help or support me next year when i will move out to go to the different uni. Fucking sucks but i go along with it with the hope of me being happy next year when i choose the right study.
>>
>>25339174
only normies fall for the uni meme.

back to reddit kid.
>>
>>25339174
Classes begin on the eleventh for me.
Last semester went great. My philosophy course was a bit more than I expected at first but I came out on top and I'm glad I did it. Finished the semester with all A's and made it on the Dean's List for the third consecutive semester. This next semester is going to be a bit tougher. I might drop a class, but hopefully not.
>>
Im back on the 11th, and then have a week of exams straight away. im scared, robots
>>
>>25341323
what kind of program ? why do you have exams at the start of a semester?
>>
>>25341410
Doing a CS course at a russell group uni. We have coursework during the semester, then exams at the beginning of the next one. I think thats just how it works in the UK
>>
Back on monday. Last term was great and somehow I managed getting all As (not a 4.0 due to an A- but i don't mind it that much).
Hopefully I can get past this term, Systems programming and CalcIII might kick my ass, but I've been reading SICP over the break so my mind isn't too dusty.
>>
>>25341452
Hey russell CS friend.

I too have exams in a few weeks.

Good luck.
>>
You think a robot would have a better chance of getting a gf at a 60% female uni? I'm going to transfer next year and all the other colleges I've applied to are majority male.
>>
>>25341507
Thanks, you too. Which uni, if i may ask?
>>
Dorms open the 8th.

I just want to go back so I can do better so I can get my parents off my back
>>
>>25341618
Manchester, yourself?
>>
>>25341636
Nottingham. Im only a first year student though
>>
>>25339174
I go back to my college town tomorrow for the second quarter of my last year. Class starts on the 4th.

I have to do a project that needs to be finished in order to graduate so it looks like I'll have even less free time.
>>
>>25341663
ah, I'm second year.

I hope first year is as easy there as it was here.
I also hope you have lecturers that can actually speak english.
T-that'd be nice.
>>
>>25341575
No. If anything 60% female means they will all be more bitchy to each other and you.
>>
>>25341694
Im new to the subject, so its pretty intense for me. We've got to learn assembly, C, as well as some hardware development languages, and a maths module. Lecturers do speak good english though, at least for the first semester modules.

We have this huge range of shit to learn, and i ask my friend who went to Kent what he's doing, and he says "just java really"
>>
>>25341768
>We've got to learn assembly
ooh, what kind? We had to do ARM asm in the first year

>and a maths module
I hated this
>>
last year, writing my thesis as we speak. I'd love to have that out of the way already.
>>
>>25341787
Yeah, ARM. I don't find it that enjoyable, especially as our courseworks are basically recreating C programs in ARM, so it just feels like the work we're doing is pointless.

I really like the maths. I think I want to get into the more theoretical side of computer science, but im not sure how to make that happen yet.
>>
>>25341870

Give this a read. See if you're in to this kind of stuff.
http://www.inf.fu-berlin.de/lehre/WS03/alpi/lambda.pdf
>>
>>25341934
Beautiful - Thanks very much, i've been really interested in learning about this. Cheers.
>>
>>25339174
Winter Quarter starts on Monday for me. This will be my second quarter but I am a junior (Community College transfer).

I got a 3.7 last quarter because I failed the first midterm in two of my classes due to nerves (I had mastered the material but made arithmetic or reading mistakes and fucked my shit up). I recovered really well and managed to get the highest score on the final in one of those classes, but I ended up with an A- in that class.

Next quarter is supposed to be the hardest for my major (Chem E) but I'm feeling confident. I'm also going to email professors to find a research position for the rest of the year which is exciting. I'm not sure what I'm interested in researching though so I'm hesitant.
>>
>>25339174
Back on the 11th. Exam on the 13th. Fuck my shit up desu.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.