[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
counselor/therapist thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: Elsanna_kiss.gif (944 KB, 210x280) Image search: [Google]
Elsanna_kiss.gif
944 KB, 210x280
ITT: Share stories of visits to your therapist

>walk in going through a wave of depression
>counselor ive been seeing for over a year tries to make a bit of small talk as I sit down
>he asks if I saw the new star wars
>try to explain to him that I wanted to like the movie but I just can't enjoy things like that anymore as the audience and community that surrounds star wars is a thing that outcasts me.
>I sit through an awkard silence as I wait for him to say something
>he reads me a bible passage we can discuss as he is trying to find a way for me to enjoy life even through I have already told him multiple times I do not believe in superstitions of any kind even though I really want things like that to exist.
>end up asking him what exactly what his job duties are.
>he tells me his job duties include helping people find answers to their problems and healing them.
>realize he has failed at his job completly.
>End up just making Rust Cohle quotes from true detective and repeating some 4chan pasta I vaguely remember to waste the last 45 minutes trying to fuck with him and have fun while getting a bit of revenge as he has wasted countless hours during our appointments
>ask him what it feels like to have an intact penis as mine was mutilated at birth
>he's confused and asks what I mean
>tell him my foreskin was forcefully sliced off when I was a defenseless baby.
>he tells me that it's a very common and hygenic practice that even he received
>then tells me I should be thankful for my circumcision
>he tries asking me what my next appointment will be
>tell him there won't be one and that he failed at his job completly.
>>
kek

This means you are not actually depressed, OP. Maybe not, Idk. Maybe depression is just a meme. I tried the therapy thing for a while because I thought I was depressed, but it was always stupid bullshit like what you described. I've heard it works for some people but for me I think it fails because there is no problem to fix.

I am not mentally ill. I don't have a case of the sads. I have concluded through my own experiences and observations that life objectively is not worth living. You're not depressed OP, you're enlightened. Not even in a euphoric way, I think many nihilist robots will agree with me that it is a gift to think everything sucks and is pointless. You don't care as much. Embrace it OP
>>
File: 1445377818187.png (457 KB, 647x671) Image search: [Google]
1445377818187.png
457 KB, 647x671
>>25334903
>End up just making Rust Cohle quotes from true detective and repeating some 4chan pasta I vaguely remember
>>
>>25335432
>This means you are not actually depressed, OP. Maybe not, Idk.

sounds like schizophrenia prodrome desu. OP sounds a lot like me in my appointments my shrink wanted me to get into local video game "community" as it was my main hobby at the time, kept asking me about finding religion, and when I was asked something that I didn't personally know about, but had read an opinion of on 4chan (like movie or comic), I just regurgitate what i had read before
>>
I was told that I was depressed for a long time, and placed on three different anti-depressants for over 2 and a half years, during which time there was no improvement in mood. I had therapy for a long time as well and that also produced no effects on my perspective or mood. Having thought about why I feel the way I feel and how I see things, my philosophy, views etc. I'm sure that I'm not simply suffering from an imbalance of serotonin or dopamine or some other aspect of brain chemistry. It's just the way I see things. I recognise that I always sound like a complete arsehole when I say stuff like this but to me there is simply no other way of seeing it: I see things much more objectively than other people; more in tune with the most basic, baseline level of seeing things. There is no god, nothing has inherent meaning, everything is pointless, we are absurd, the universe is deterministic. Combined with the less metaphysical points of how useless, absurd, wasteful, meaningless, hypocritical, unfunny, uninteresting etc. the modern world is (everything like culture, pop-culture, politics, civilisation, entertainment, celebrity, world events, products, economics etc.) makes for a bleak view of the world. I look at people who 'love life' and are happy all the time and I have no idea how that happens. It seems to me that they're either ignorant (be it willfully or through no fault of their own) or lying to themselves.

I'm okay I suppose, but I'm not happy.
>>
File: 1402719902510.png (515 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1402719902510.png
515 KB, 500x500
>>25334903
Elsanna OTP.
>>
Only had 3 sessions... It helped me a bit to pinpoint causes, but i only care about consequences. It just made me angry towards my parents which isnt fair.
>>
>uuuuuuuuhh i cant enjoy star wars because i am really having a hard time enjoying stuff
just fucking end it already you beta faggot
>>
>>25334903
you sound like a bitch. ever heard the expression "you can lead a horse to water, but you cant make it drink"?
>>
>>25337614
What water?
>>
>>25338136
water in this case would be the light of our saviour jesus christ
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.