[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Define Robot for me, Robots.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: 1288354918202.png (8 KB, 570x533) Image search: [Google]
1288354918202.png
8 KB, 570x533
What exactly separates a "robot" from a "normie"? Can you define, precisely, a 'normalfag'? What makes a person a 'robot' instead of a 'normie'?

To be quite flippin' honest, self identifying as being 'not normal' sounds an awful lot like chuuni syndrome.
>>
I'm going to drop some truth on you.

"Robot" originally meant a term of endearment among board posters. It was the r9k version of /sp/artan, /v/irgin, fa/tg/uy, /mu/tant etc... If you posted on r9k and weren't being an obnoxious /b/tard you were by virtue of being part of the r9k community a robot. It was only after the board was deleted and re-created that this imaginary "Robot" identity was invented. It was born out of the noxious swamp of 'feels posting' where a renegade group of losers wanted to hijack the entire board as their personal clubhouse where anything smacking of social or personal success was anathema.

Newfags would come to the board around this time as r9k was becoming more popular every year and take the imaginary "robot" identity seriously. They took the cajoling about "REAL ROBOTS" seriously. They had never browsed r9k before so they didn't know there was a time when "Robot" wasn't a byword for social misfit. In this manner the bitter losers and the impressionable newfags perpetuated a meme for so long it started to be taken seriously.
>>
>>25322117
10/10 post
roblox
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.