[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would Kant think your actions are ethical /r9k/? Are you a moral
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: Kant_foto.jpg (2 MB, 940x1640) Image search: [Google]
Kant_foto.jpg
2 MB, 940x1640
Would Kant think your actions are ethical /r9k/?
Are you a moral person?
>>
>>25283745
No, but Bentham would.
>>
File: stirner.png (614 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
stirner.png
614 KB, 640x640
>>25283745
>moral person
Such concepts are mere spooks.
>>
>>25283745
Honestly I've let Kant down.

He is the true robot. He never left his hometown and died a virgin as an old man, but his ethical theory was fucking awesome. It basically says that in order to find out if an act is ethical, you picture a world where everyone does that act. If that act is inconceivable (lying) if everyone did it, then you have a perfect duty not to do that act. If the world is conceivable but not desirable (charity) then you have an imperfect duty to give to charity.

Basically all of Kant's arguments are fully rational and airtight. The only argument against Kant is basically an ad hominem that says his philosophy pedant work well with human nature. WELL MAYBE HUMAN NATURE IS SHITTY AND WE SHOULD ALL LISTEN TO KANT

but seriously Kant is the shit and I need to make him proud
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.