[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw the year draws to an end >tfw you are in the exact
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8
>tfw the year draws to an end
>tfw you are in the exact same shitty situation as 12 months ago
>tfw you realise you have wasted another whole year of your life
>tfw you feel chronic depression looming once again
>tfw 2016 could be the year that you finally face reality and kill yourself
>>
File: d7wdwfwSh9E.jpg (194 KB, 764x1000) Image search: [Google]
d7wdwfwSh9E.jpg
194 KB, 764x1000
A year ago I was in my own apartment, nice motorbike, buying drugs with every paycheck and being a shutin when not working.

Now I'm a NEET alcoholic who lives with his parents.

2016 is the year I either find meaning in my life or kill myself.

Not gonna wait too long, will kill myself within the first three months.
>>
File: vast wojak.png (740 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
vast wojak.png
740 KB, 633x758
>getting more and more disconnected from the world
>don't read the newspapers
>don't watch the news
>don't watch television period
>don't browse any other site but 4chan
>have a hard time figuring out what's actually happening in the world
>that thing one anon was joking about could be deadly serious to normies
>that thing one anon was serious about could be completely nonsensical to normies
>the rare times I converse with family I have to tread carefully in case they mention current events
>even worse with strangers because my family is at least vaguely aware that there's something "off" about me
>>
>>25314368

What happened broseph?
>>
File: 1439608999378.png (401 KB, 600x696) Image search: [Google]
1439608999378.png
401 KB, 600x696
>>25314326
>and then
>there's a change
>>
File: r267RTFa2EE.jpg (123 KB, 591x807) Image search: [Google]
r267RTFa2EE.jpg
123 KB, 591x807
>>25314529
Online gf became a college tier slut, I realized being a wagecuck was stupid and that I'm never going to be fit mentally.

Said fuck it and now am going downhill as fast as I can.
>>
>>25314326
What did you do to try to change your situation?
>>
>>25314742

Nothing. I did go travelling for a while but it was really tough and I've forgotten all about it now. Travelling is for good looking extroverts, not socially anxious losers like me
>>
Correction: I am now in the same shitty place with 2 additional game systems and a decent laptop I got this year.

Maybe the other NEETs have gotten to me.
>>
I traded wagecuck for collegecuck

Everything else is pretty much the same, except I have less money and more free time.
>>
Not a chance - I'm making a huge positive change right now. Quitting my job and moving to a new town for a fresh start.
>>
>>25314326
>depressed since my only GF i've ever had broke up with me back in february
>still feel like ass almost every waking minute of my existence
You know, at the very least, the pain was better back when I was optimistic that I'd actually feel better. I didn't think these feelings would last for any longer than a couple months or so.
I'd been sad for long periods of time before, but I could always help myself with the right mindset. Like, telling me to do that now would be like telling someone to cure their own fever with sheer willpower. It doesn't work and I want to D I E
>>
File: 1432193063088.jpg (110 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
1432193063088.jpg
110 KB, 950x534
>>25314326
its been a bad couple of years and i often feel hopeless, but iv also started experimenting with otc drugs with good results
>>
This is the /r9k/ i know.
>>
>>25314390
Why don't you start watching TV? Yes, i know mass media is brainwash, but you'll learn almost everything every other normie knows. Quicker than you think.
>>
>>25316635

It has been 2 years for me since the same thing happened. I know how tough it is, mental torture at times for sure. I was suicidal at the start of this year but somehow pulled though it. You go through every emotion possible it seems. And I still think of her daily even now. Just today I found myself absent mindedly talking to her in my head as if she were still around. Knowing she is now in love with someone else only makes it harder. But you get through. Gradually, the intense feelings of pain begin to fade.

You may never forget her or "get over her". But you will begin to feel better, I guarantee that. I'm currently reading Mans Search For Meaning by Viktor Frankl and its really helped me to put things in perspective and look for renewed purpose in my life. I felt for a long time like my ex was the only thing worth living for. But if you take time to think about it, you will see that there is much more to life than the affections of another, however much you may have loved them
>>
File: tfwyouarepepe.jpg (14 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
tfwyouarepepe.jpg
14 KB, 228x221
>tfw decade long shut in NEET diagnosed autist
>>
>>25318351
sometimes i feel like an idiot because we were only officially together for a month, but it was the most meaningful interaction i've ever had with another human being, and it made me feel like i had a purpose.
thank you for the book recommendation.
>>
>>25318550

I understand man. I was with my ex for 3 years but I'm pretty old by 4chan standards believe me. And shes the only one I've ever had too.

You can learn from it.
>>
I really just need to learn to be more social. It sounds so simple but social anxiety is a hell of a barrier.
>>
>>25318848

>muh social anxiety

>things that dont exist

i knew a fucking guy (my sisters husbands brother) who was put on DISABILITY PENSION for his social fucking anxiety.

WTF?
>>
>>25318933
I assume you're american, so of course your tiny mind doesn't think personality disorders are real.
>>
>>25314390
>don't browse any other site but 4chan
Same here. I used to browse a couple of other sites or check the news a couple of years ago, but now I do none of that, I just look at 2-3 boards on 4chan.

Checking out other sites seems like a huge amount of effort for some reason.
>>
>>25318261
What is there worth knowing by watching TV? Do you mean you will have some stuff you can talk with normies about?
>>
>>25319702
I'm talking about the news and talk shows.
>>
>>25314611
Not the same guy but take it easy, find yourself some purpose. If you want be a scientist, rich, fit.

Anyway find something and be pure in your heart with your purpose.
>>
>>25319543
you sure countryballed him, friend
>>
>>25318261
I really hate how you have to immerse yourself in consumer culture to be able to talk to normies. I want to be normal but I don't want to have to have a facebook account and watch the new Star Wars movie to do it.
>>
File: fFgXWMlGNyo.jpg (124 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
fFgXWMlGNyo.jpg
124 KB, 768x1024
>>25319783
Nah, I'm okay with the death thing. I gave life a good shot. Thanks.
>>
>>25319830
Yeah, I don't really feel I have anything to talk about when I meet most people. I spend all my time on the computer so that's probably why
>>
>>25319543
Anxiety is curable
But it's more comfy to have it than not
>>
>>25319543

>tiny mind

>140 IQ

cute lol

but really though, social anxiety is one of those made up personality disorders.
>>
>>25319830
>I really hate how you have to immerse yourself in consumer culture to be able to talk to normies.

Is it really any worse than having to immerse yourself in dank memes to be able to talk to 4chan users without "FUCKING NEWFAG REEEEEEEEEE"?
>>
>>25320380

i enjoy the dank memes though
>>
>>25320380
Well that's a good point I think. I don't like it here either, but I'm an addict who can't seem to leave
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.