[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When you were born, your traits were rolled for you. Some people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: asuna yuuki.png (726 KB, 721x1109) Image search: [Google]
asuna yuuki.png
726 KB, 721x1109
When you were born, your traits were rolled for you. Some people rolled traits like [Genius], [Artistic Talent], [Tall], or [Handsome]. This was seemingly at random, just luck of the draw. Some were born to rich families, some were meth babies. Again, luck of the draw. About half were female and about half were male.

But from there the nature of the game changed radically, because by level thirteen everyone had figured out a simple fact: to make it in life the girl characters could min-max their beauty stat and use it to overcome most obstacles. Hard class? A low cut shirt should make the teacher more free with his assistance. Need a job? Wear your best outfit to the interview and smile a lot. Need your homework done for you? Let one of the guy friends who raised his knowledge skill a lot do it for you. Females could always opt to roll their looks instead of their other stats in many situations and subsequently get by if they had an at least average beauty stat and could use cosmetics to push that score up.

Stacy is more or less a min-maxed character. Girl characters up until the age of 30-35 don't need many stats except for their appearance, and there are entire industries built around helping Stacy max out her beauty stat. Then she takes the marriage perk before her max beauty starts to drop and lives on her husband's money and status class perks, which she can partially retain even if she opts to use her divorce ability.

cont'd
>>
Chad? Chad is just a type of male character who drew some combination of [Rich Parents], [Handsome], and [Athletic]. Chad isn't even a fucking game breaker, he just has some decent Class options early on, but most people can cross class into them while also qualifying for more advanced choices since they typically have a more advanced skillset and required the [Intelligent] or [Very Intelligent] trait to get to cross-class into one of Chad's starter classes, which are typically skill based. In fact male characters get a buff to low attractiveness in proportion to their wealth and status perks, and their attractiveness tends to go up over time instead of fading. Chad becomes irrelevant after level 30. Stacy is on her way out by 35 because she didn't bother to raise her stats in grade school, college, or the military which all more or less exist for the purpose of level grinding and stat boosts.

What kind of build are you guys running? Planning to cross-class?
>>
Hoping to cross class to pharmaceutical Corporate Exec after a few years grinding as an Engineer.
>>
I rolled luck

I can't stop the luck train it just keeps going
>>
>>25314447

Nice. Remember to level up your administrative skills.

>>25314463

What are you doing with luck?
>>
>pray to DM for Intelligent, Wealthy or Handsome
>roll Tall
>fucking roll Tall

of all the tier 3 stats I ONLY ROLLED TALL
>>
>>25314997

Don't panic. Take public debate classes and enough {Classical Education} in college and you can get a high tier [Polished] and [Cultivated] which causes you to appear much smarter and wealthier than you actually are to people who don't have [Intelligent].
>>
>>25314802
Nothing

I don't want the luck. I'd rather have artistic talent or something

Luck is nice but when you realize you're lucky and shit just falls in your lap life begins to feel dull and boring.

I recently got my hands on a lot of expensive product that would have been thrown away and now I'm basically set for months.
>>
>>25315292

Unfortunately we aren't playing discard and draw.
>>
I rolled high AGI, INT, and CHA, but didn't take the Lady Killer perk, and my WIS and STR are lacking, and Luck is nonexistent.

I had a pretty good Journalist build going, but that class got left behind by the meta and I'm trying to cross-class to PR shill.

I'd have a good rogue or ranger build, too bad neither of those classes are relevant to the real world.
>>
>>25315781

>I'd have a good rogue or ranger build, too bad neither of those classes are relevant to the real world.

Well, the CIA and Military are options. The CIA pays really well for talented rogues, and the Military pays well for either rangers or other specialized martial classes. They even pay to train you up a few levels and let you legally level grind. Then you get into the private sector when you're done with that.
>>
>>25315835
I'm actually thinking about going into the military as an officer, but I'm too old to make it into any kind of SF unit at this point.

CIA would be cool, but my build is such that I'd almost certainly get stuck behind a desk at Langley instead of out in the field.
>>
>>25315871

SOF cutoff is 28.

CIA lets you into the field, you'd be doing white collar stuff as a Core Collector. No James Bond shit, just talking people into selling secrets.
>>
I had a low starting looks, but fortunately I had a good stat gain on it

I do wish I had taken the clear skin perk when I was a lower level though

I ended up with the scarred shoulders and back debuff, which really messes up my confidence rolls
>>
>>25315923

Turn the scars into the badboy buff,which raises attractiveness.
>>
Perks:
[Manlet] - you have been born with a height significantly below the average. This makes you less intimidating and less attractive (CHA -2), decreases your physical stamina (CON -1), but with smaller size you are more lithe (AGI +1) and more difficult to hit (one size category smaller than an average human).
[Overweight] - you are a fucking sloth too lazy to lift. Being a fat fuck makes you slow (AGI -1) and totally unattractive (CHA -2).
[Depression] - apathy and exhaustion cloud your consciousness. Thinking becomes extremely hard (INT -2), you stop caring about yourself and engage in risky behaviors (WIS -2). You also become utterly unappealing to anyone (CHA -2). Since you are a weak-willed shitlord, subtract 5 from all will rolls.

Basically:
Charisma: 1 (-5): Barely conscious, probably acts heavily autistic

Taken from some D&D guide.
>>
Is there some invisible dump stat?
Someone apparently made a joke on my char sheet by dumping most of my points on it and I have no idea what to do now.
>>
>>25317017

Have you been grinding in school?
>>
>Stacy is just min-maxed as fuck

Never thought of it this way.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.