[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 26 years old and I think I've finally had my fill
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1435513338529.png (20 KB, 638x547) Image search: [Google]
1435513338529.png
20 KB, 638x547
I'm 26 years old and I think I've finally had my fill with video games. I've been addicted to them my whole life but I don't get any satisfaction playing anything anymore, and I get this persisting feeling that I ought to be moving on with my life at this age.

Anyone else a former vidya addict?
>>
>26
>playing video games

Degenerate.
>>
>>25280891

you should have had this feeling 6 years ago
>>
>>25280891
Yes.

Just like you, they finally stopped being as entertaining.

It started when I was in college and couldn't play them as much.

It got worse when I lived in a shitty apartment and my neighbors' antics caused me to lose focus occasionally. The only thing I could enjoy at my shitty apartment was getting drunk and watching broadcast TV.

I earned my degree, couldn't find a job, and moved back home. My room is a mess (my parents trashed my room while I was gone, and I have an apartment's worth of shit in here too) so I don't have anything set up yet.

Now I wish I was a stupid kid addicted to video games again. Im hoping I can get back into it. I have a part time job, so Im going to buy a new PC when I get the cash.
>>
>>25280891
Have you considered playing video games. ... On weed?
>>
Video games only exist to fill a void in ourselves.
>>
>>25280891
have you tried playing competitive? It's helping me enjoy vidya once again.
>>
Yes, I suddenly hit the wall at about 28, I just stopped playing them completely. I was never really addicted to them, sometimes I'd get lost in an RPG or sports title online, but it was never an everyday thing for me.

I hate it because it's just another hobby that's passed me by at the cost of wageslavery.
>>
I had that feeling a while ago too, I think I was 14 or 15. Genuinely not trying to tease you, I would be playing videogames all day if I still felt the same way. Since then almost everything has felt very empty to me. Like I had the most massive amount of pleasure in simple stuff like LEGO Star Wars, and now it feels like nothing.
>>
>>25280891
Been there, then I got a job, used the money to buy everdrives for my retro systems and gaming became fun again.

It turned out to be just a mix of too much free time to play and not liking the direction the gaming industry is going to.

Then I got fired a month later and went back to the ride.
>>
>>25281067
Actually I think that's my problem, I always get pissed off and just don't have the competitiveness to do that shit like I did when I was 17.

Single player or co op games are more enjoyable, but all the same they still bore me pretty quick.
>>
File: Spoiler Coin.gif (5 KB, 100x117) Image search: [Google]
Spoiler Coin.gif
5 KB, 100x117
>>25280891
You can't eat chicken for every meal, bro.

Put them down for a bit and come back to them in a few months.
>>
Yep. Hit the wall in my mid 20's. Noticed that vidya was just making me angry and stressed out. I would get mad at games for not being as good as I thought they should be. Eventually realised games are how they have always been, more or less, and I just didn't like them anymore. The new generation of genre blending and focus on mass market appeal hasn't helped. The near death of the dedicated single player game now was also a factor.

I still enjoy watching speedrunners on Twitch but have no interest in playing vidya myself. Might try VR when it gets established and cheap. Maybe.
>>
File: FUTURE.jpg (82 KB, 1400x785) Image search: [Google]
FUTURE.jpg
82 KB, 1400x785
S N A P C H A T
cowsuicide, supraventricula, frostwipe, codypalko, almostdianaross
>>
>>25281205
>I would get mad at games for not being as good as I thought they should be.
Games used to be better. Microtransactions/Pay to win gaming completely ruined it. Genuine gamers priced themselves out of the market, 12 year olds and women make more money for Candy Crush than a legitimate game would.
>>
>>25281205
I don't understand this whole "direction of vidya" thing. There is a huge library before 2010's so pick up anything, forget the graphics, enjoy your game.
I am 25 with a job and I still play video games
>>
>>25280891
26 here as well. I still enjoy them...just not as much. Having a job, and a gf doesn't give me much time for them either.
>>
>>25281432
Get the fuck out normalfag. Nobody wants to hear your bragging
>>
>>25281475
>bragging
Nah if I was doing that I'd mention the threesome I had a while ago.
>>
>>25280891
23 have the same feels. What's happening to me senpai?
>>
>>25280891
Yeah, kind of having the same feeling. Like I've been NEET for so long that I've started to weirdly consider video games productive and will beat myself up over not playing any games that day, because if I didn't play video games it probably meant I just slept all day so at least playing games is something but it's hard to get into any games when you're broke and have no one to play with. It especially kind of sucks because I used to do a little bit of streaming and I have a small but pretty dedicated community so I feel bad if I don't stream at least every so often but I hardly feel like playing anything.
>>
>>25281205
I know this feel; 23 here. I know casuals are changing gaming for worst/good? But shit like hearthstone and LoL is all I have time for now.
>>
>>25280891
1 year into being a shut-in I lost all enjoyment from video games. Couldn't stand to sit through a fucking cutscene in any game. I got bored and had to change games every 30 minutes

I played them every day since I was 12. I don't think of myself as an addict though
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.