[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some of the stupidest interview questions you have gotten
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 17
File: PanelInterview.jpg (742 KB, 2560x1951) Image search: [Google]
PanelInterview.jpg
742 KB, 2560x1951
What are some of the stupidest interview questions you have gotten asked /r9k/ ?

Me?

Can you please give us 3 weaknesses that you have?

Why do you want this job?

Can you please sing us a song that you think describes you well.
>>
What makes you more qualified than the other applicants?

My answer: I'd have to know the other applicants before I can answer that.

I know there's a garbage fake answer I was supposed to give about how I know for a fact that I'm better than everyone else in the world. I'll never be normie enough to understand how to lie like a wagecuck to get a job.
>>
>list three fuckups that you solved with no repercussions

>You're a small/large company with a devoted/self-responsible team and I would fit right into that

>Working on the highway, blastin' through the bedrock, all day long I don't stop
>>
>>25275704
>Not using question 3 to karaoke Judas Priest

There I was completely wasting, out of work and down
all inside it's so frustrating as I drift from town to town
feel as though nobody cares if I live or die
so I might as well begin to put some action in my life

Breaking the law, breaking the law

So much for the golden future, I can't even start
I've had every promise broken, there's anger in my heart
you don't know what it's like, you don't have a clue
if you did you'd find yourselves doing the same thing too

You don't know what it's like!
>>
>being interviewed for well paying High School IT support job
>"Our main concern is that age wise you're closer to our senior students than you are the IT team, what do you think about that?"

Fuckers, why did you advertise that you wanted people in their late teens if you were worried they would try and get some HS cunny. I tried to let them know I was a sperg that wouldn't be getting invited to any parties or anything but they never called back.
>>
>can you please explain this 3 year gap of unemployment , I mean you are 28 years old, how did you not work?

REEEEEEEEE

Maybe I'm trying to get my damn life together right now. What a shit question you piece of shit.
>>
"What kind of animal do you think best represents you?"

"When was the last time you were honest?"

These were for a I.T job, the interviewer was a woman, obviously.
>>
>>25276119
That's my biggest fear, I know I fucked up and was a little whimp, but I'm trying to put my life back on track
>>
>>25275704

>Why do you want this job?

"Can I have yours instead, I'd love to get paid to ask people stupid questions all day long"
>>
>>25276119
>>25276753
Just say you had some debilitating disease like early onset colon cancer but it's gone now after a few years of intensive care.

DO NOT TELL THEM YOU ARE/WERR MENTALLY ILL
DO NOT TELL THEN ANYTHING THAT WASN'T PHYSICAL AND IS NOW GONE
THEY WILL NOT HIRE YOU IF YOU DO
>>
>>25276119

"Family issues"

Or otherwise, none of their business
>>
>>25275704
This is a legitimate question. If you can't answer it I'm not hiring you. There's an equally qualified candidate that actually wants to be here and do work with us.
>Can you please sing us a song that you think describes you well.
Fucking leave. These people are idiots.
>Can you please give us 3 weaknesses that you have?
A staple of most half assed interviews. 3 is a bit excessive though to be quite honest with you senpai.
>>
>>25276815
It's probably better to tell them that you were taking care of a sick family member that unfortunately passed away. It leaves no strings behind and makes you look caring and responsible.

Plus telling them you previously had cancer (even early) means you are more likely to get it again.
>>
>>25276849
>This is a legitimate question. If you can't answer it I'm not hiring you. There's an equally qualified candidate that actually wants to be here and do work with us.

"Because I want to get paid, same like everyone else"
>>
>>25275704
no
money
sure thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNIgDPtzHOU
>>
>>25276119
Say that you aspie that legitimate and sympathizable.
>>
I get to conduct job interviews. My favorite thing to ask people what their favorite animal is, and then ask them to make the noise that animal makes. If they won't do it I don't hire them. Those uptight fags can take their shitty personality elsewhere.
>>
>>25276849
>if you can't answer it I'm not hiring you because there is an equally qualified person that wants to be here
I guess this depends on the job you're interviewing for. No one wants to do wagecuck manual labor shit and if you don't hire people for saying that then you're just an awful normieshit.
If you're hiring for a real, possible career opinion (these almost exclusively have salaries instead of hourly pay), then I can understand why you'd want someone who wants to be there or at least pretends.

The people on this board will never get the second case, though.
>>
>almost 30
>never had a job
>never went to uni

Threads like this remind me why I'm never going to make it
>>
>>25276872
It's not really about the question or answer. It's more of how you respond that shows what type of person you are.

If you answer with that smartass answer, you portray yourself as someone who may be an ass to work with.

If you at least put up a front with a typical HR type answer, you show that you could be an employee who is able to deal with the bull shit that will be thrown his way on the job.

Obviously everyone knows the true answer is just for the paycheck.
>>
>>25277001

It's not about being a smartass as much as having my time wasted. There's more important things to be doing than pretending both people don't know what's really going on
>>
>>25276921
I will just say no and tell you that is a stupid interview question. I've done it to interviewers before who asked stupid questions and ended up making them look retarded. If I don't get hired for the job I write a nice long letter to their boss about how HR is horrible at their job and leave negative reviews about them online.
>>
>>25277001
>I want you to lie to me or I won't hire you
This is why normies need to stay the fuck away from this place.
You just don't make sense to us autistics.
>>
>>25275895
Wow you totally don't understand why they asked you that and then gave them a fear they were not thinking of
>>
>>25276962

Do you live with your parents?

Is there some sort of Skype group for fellow losers like this?
>>
>What's your greatest weakness/strength?
Have to answer with every canned ass response that everyone says the same shit.

>What's your MBTI type?
This was for a government science job, which frightens me greatly when they put enough credance in this to ask it for an actual interview question.

Then the experience questions where they ask you where you demonstrated leadership or what have you. These aren't stupid, but the whole process is how well you can bullshit or exaggerate the truth about things you've done in the past. Hate the whole process, as it's how well you can market yourself in a sea of other people doing the same. Becomes a sea of piss and lies. You can't really get away with not playing their game unless you are self employed or simply don't work.
>>
>tfw you failed your last interview on purpose because of how much you didn't want the job
>>
>>25277001
>Why do you want to work at shitty McJob $7.50 an hour flipping burgers in your late-20's

The fuck am I supposed to say? The interviewer and I both know if i cough up some bullshit about "valuing the franchise" and "wanting to be part of the team that makes the food great" would be a huge lie.
>>
>>25276921
I want to bludgeon you to death
>>
>>25277109
>What's your MBTI type?
Fuck, that's actually an interesting one.
>>
>>25277061
>>25277148
You are exactly the kind of people I'm trying to weed out :^)
>>
>>25277067
You deal with a lot of bull shit in the workplace, in both minimum wage positions and real positions. If you can't be bothered to take 10 seconds to think of a good answer for an interview question, why would I think you'd take the time to maintain a good relationship with our client when he changes his mind on a project for the 4th time?

Or even for McDonalds, why would I expect you to give a shit when our line is backed out the door if you can't even give a shit in the interview?

>>25277039
Potentially getting an income stream is not wasting your time. But you're right...I'm sure you could get another wank in to My Little Ponies in the few seconds it would have taken to think of a good answer.
>>
>>25276921
This is a very reddit question to ask. Please go back there.
>>
>>25277145
>The fuck am I supposed to say?
Just make something up that sounds nice. Like I said, no one interviewing is retarded. We all know what the answer is, but these questions are more to show the character of the candidate.

I don't know why you autists are making such a big deal out of it. Just say what the interviewer wants to hear and get the job. It's literally not that hard.
>>
>You deal with a lot of bull shit in the workplace, in both minimum wage positions and real positions. If you can't be bothered to take 10 seconds to think of a good answer for an interview question, why would I think you'd take the time to maintain a good relationship with our client when he changes his mind on a project for the 4th time?

Because that's the job you're getting paid for.

Versus answering inane questions where only the perfect answer suffices and if you don't have the perfect answer pre-memorized, you're not getting the job, which otherwise doesn't prove anything about your aptitude or skills to do the job

>Potentially getting an income stream is not wasting your time. But you're right...I'm sure you could get another wank in to My Little Ponies in the few seconds it would have taken to think of a good answer.

That's just it, the answer you're looking for is not a good answer, and many of the questions you ask aren't leading you to anything you actually need to know.

Someone just got hired at my sister's workplace who gave all the right and perfect answers and she's absolutely useless. The interview process failed
>>
>>25277283

As an example, "What animal do you think represents you?"

Nothing comes to mind, because I don't think of myself the same way a kindergartener thinks.
>>
>>25277192

Like I want to work for the joker who makes his employees bark and meow for money arrogant fucking slime
>>
>>25277417
>"What animal do you think represents you?"
Human, the apex predator of this world.
>>
>>25277215
Your answers to an interview do not necessarily indicate how one will perform at the job. Believing such a thing helps you perpetuate more lies in a flawed employment process where you aren't finding the "ideal" candidate.

If you believe you can see someone's true character from ridiculous questions, that is also not necessarily true and, again, an inaccurate way to measure such a thing.
>>
>>25277283
Except i'm terrible at lying. I give off the most autistic facial expressions in real life when i lie, and i dont think i could pass that question at all

how2lie2interviewer?
>>
>>25277350
>Versus answering inane questions
In your opinion. But what happens when the client or customer asks you want you think is an "inane question?" Are you going to give them a bull-shit answer back because you didn't like the question?

>N-No, I p-promise I'll be a good employee when that happens.
Hmm, if only there was a pre-employment process where I could test the candidates out with some "inane questions" and see how each one responds. Maybe we should...let's call it an interview!

Basically, if you can't give a fuck when you're trying to get the job, why should I trust you to give a fuck when you have the job?

>if you don't have the perfect answer pre-memorized, you're not getting the job
That's not true, you just need a better answer than "I don't care about the company, I just want the paycheck."

>otherwise doesn't prove anything about your aptitude or skills to do the job
Unless you're applying at McDonalds or something, you probably wouldn't get the interview in the first place without the right skillset.

But if I have five candidates with the right skillset, why would I hire the one with the shit attitude?
>>
Can you tell us a little about yourself?

I never know what to say to this question and 99% of the time this is always asked first. I always freeze up and start having a panic attack and my mind goes black. I usually stutter an answer out and that usually kills the interview.
>>
>>25277478
do you come into your interview with a white suit, matching fedora, and scarlet shirt?
>>
>>25277417
Owl.

I'm very patient and level headed like the owl. I like to think and plan ahead before taking action.

(please rate guys & don't steal)
>>
>>25277215
>why would I think you'd take the time to maintain a good relationship with our client when he changes his mind on a project for the 4th time?
In my case: I wouldn't be interviewing for a position that requires me to make deals/relationships with clients because I'm fucking autistic and can't actually read people and have to take an awkward (it has been pointed out to me many times) to process what I just heard. I will happily spend 10hrs day reviewing the code that was written by other people or doing calculations and creating figures/predictions or spend 10hrs in the lab 7 days a week or whatever else needs to be done. I have the math and science skills to do any of that.

I don't, and won't ever have the skills to "work with people" because people don't fucking like me because I'm bad with people!

So you wouldn't think I would be able to maintain a good relationship with the customer because he would dislike me.
>>
>>25277509
>In your opinion. But what happens when the client or customer asks you want you think is an "inane question?" Are you going to give them a bull-shit answer back because you didn't like the question?

I'll talk to them like a human being.

If a client asks you "So what animal do you think represents you?" There's not much riding on the line, so I'd probably answer with something like "I haven't really thought about it before? What do you think about yourself?" A conversation. Whereas an interviewee is looking for a correct answer, because an interview is basically a verbal test, which is not a human conversation.
>>
>>25277509
Have you considered that the employee is interviewing his potential employers as well, and that good employees often do not wish to work for bosses who ask them dumb shit. There are other bosses out there that don't ask their team dumb trap questions. It's symmetrical to the employer's situation. Either party is equally mobile.
>>
>>25277509
Why would I give a shit about you or your company before you've started paying me?
If you're paying me I have an incentive to tolerate stupid questions and annoying people/coworkers.
If you're not paying me yet, why the fuck would I care enough to answer your dumb questions when there are probably 40 other people vying for the same position?
>>
>>25277588
>I haven't really thought about it before? What do you think about yourself?"

nigga that response is autistic as fuck
>>
File: 1444646030812.gif (118 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1444646030812.gif
118 KB, 500x500
>>25276243
>"When was the last time you were honest?"
When I answered the last question you asked, you dumb bitch.
>>
>>25277588
A better answer is "I don't like animals"

Will get the dumbass to shut up.
>>
>>25277501
>If you believe you can see someone's true character from ridiculous questions, that is also not necessarily true and, again, an inaccurate way to measure such a thing.
That may be true, but you have one shot to convince someone that you're a pleasant human being that both the client/customer and your coworkers will like being around.

Let's say you have five candidates with an equal skillset. Four of them come in smiling and giving good answers and then you come in frowning (because only normies smile, amirite guis XD) and answering questions "I only want this because of the money." Why would you think I'd hire you over any of the four other candidates? I want someone who can fit in with the team and client/customer base as much as someone who can do the job.

So yeah, the interview isn't perfect. But since it's the only thing that I can base character off on, that's what I'm going to do.

>>25277559
Even if you don't face the external customers, you face the internal ones (i.e. your coworkers). I don't want to invite some rude, antisocial programmer to our meeting.
>>
>>25277678

>So yeah, the interview isn't perfect. But since it's the only thing that I can base character off on, that's what I'm going to do.

I'm actually more talking about getting super nervous and not being able to think up the right answer

Like, I'm the kind of person who says please and thank you to waiters/waitresses and help me out in retail stores, but I'm not quick on me feet if caught off guard when I'm expected to say the correct thing and I'll freeze up. Which is just a bad because literally anyone else will get hired over me
>>
>>25277678
>I don't want to invite some rude antisocial programmer to our meeting
Then simply don't. I'd happily write up a complete report on everything I'm doing so someone else could present it for me. I'd even make it understandable for normies.

There's no good reason to not hire these kinds of people besides your innate distaste for anyone who isn't a normie.
>>
>>25277588
>I'll talk to them like a human being.
Perfect, then why don't you do that in the interview, instead of acting like an edgy tryhard? I'm not really sure what point your trying to make here, besides "the interviewer is stupid and I can't fake it to make it for 15 minutes, look how edgy and kool I am XD."

>"I haven't really thought about it before? What do you think about yourself?" A conversation. Whereas an interviewee is looking for a correct answer, because an interview is basically a verbal test, which is not a human conversation.
That would actually be a decent answer. Despite your belief, there is no answer. We're just looking for someone who won't say autistic, edgy shit and can act human.

>>25277594
I never said otherwise. If you don't wish to work for the employer after the interview, you definitely shouldn't.

>>25277633
>Why would I give a shit about you or your company before you've started paying me?
Because there's 4 other candidates who do. You're the one trying to get the position from my company, not the other way around, kiddo.

>If you're paying me I have an incentive to tolerate stupid questions and annoying people/coworkers.
Think of the interview as a pre-test. The actual job is the test, where you'll be facing a lot of stupid shit. Why would I trust my business in the hands of someone who couldn't even put up with dumb questions in a 15 minute interview?
>>
>do interview
>at the end they give me a tour of the whole complex
>think I'm basically in
>never got hired

fuck you than , way to get my hopes up
>>
File: 140173911527.png (192 KB, 380x403) Image search: [Google]
140173911527.png
192 KB, 380x403
>>25277283
>Just say what the interviewer wants to hear and get the job
>>
>>25277779

>That would actually be a decent answer. Despite your belief, there is no answer. We're just looking for someone who won't say autistic, edgy shit and can act human.

But it's not the right answer because you don't end up answering it, and because you don't answer it, you come off as not-really-normie, which makes it even less likely you'll get hired :/

(Which, it's not like anybody would hire me anyways, but that's part of why)
>>
>>25277773
Sorry. Verbal communication is very important in the working world. I like to, you know, actually speak to my employees regarding the company.

Not sure why I'd hire a hermit over the countless other programmers who'd actually be able to verbally communicate issues to both me and his coworkers.
>>
>>25277779
>Because there's 4 other candidates who do. You're the one trying to get the position from my company, not the other way around, kiddo.
Not entirely. You obviously want my skill set or you wouldn't have called me in for an interview. If I
have job trouble I'll just go back to being a NEET. I don't give a shit; I just wanted some extra cash.
>Think of the interview as a pre-test. The actual job is the test, where you'll be facing a lot of stupid shit. Why would I trust my business in the hands of someone who couldn't even put up with dumb questions in a 15 minute interview?
Pretests are for children. If you're not paying me for the interview then I don't give a fuck about answering your dumb questions. Ask relevant questions and get relevant answers. Be an annoying cunt and you'll get annoying cunt answers.

If you're paying me, I have a reason to answer every question nicely.
>>
>>25276243
>"When was the last time you were honest?"
Is she implying you're a liar?
>>
>>25275704
hahahahahahahaha holy shit

2bh the only time I ever got this one, my answer was literally "I need money"

I got the job
>>
>>25277858
>verbal communication is very important
Not really. Not for the kinds of jobs I've mentioned. This is a myth perpetuated by normies in defense of not hiring "weirdos" when there wasn't really any good reason to. You don't need to be able to have a drawn out conversation with me to tell me what you want the section of the program I'm working on to do. You don't need to be able to have a drawn out conversation with me to tell me to do X, Y, and Z tests in the lab.

You just don't like autistic people so you discriminate against them.
>>
>>25276921
>My favorite thing to ask people what their favorite animal is, and then ask them to make the noise that animal makes.
I'd just say my favorite animals are humans and that I've been making the noise a human makes since the interview started. Get fukt nerdboi.
>>
>>25277678
In your example, why is it necessary for someone with the honest response to be frowning and having a shit attitude? Just because they respond honestly does not mean they have a bad attitude.

Perhaps their courage to answer that way may be seen positively. The point is, the attitude you assume they have may not exist and your questions are not actually finding their actual attitude. Perhaps they believe they can be honest around those they work with, but understand a more professional approach is required for clients.

It's just not black and white and perhaps interviews should either be more thorough or replaced with something much more accurate.
>>
>>25277893
>You obviously want my skill set or you wouldn't have called me in for an interview
That's right. You wouldn't have gotten an interview if you didn't have the right skillset.

But unless you're an engineer, accountant, medical doctor, programmer, fashion designer, teacher and priest all in one, there's probably a few other candidates I'm hiring with your same skillset. Don't mean to burst your bubble here, but your engineering bachelors isn't that special and unique.

>If I have job trouble I'll just go back to being a NEET. I don't give a shit; I just wanted some extra cash.
Fair enough. Never said you had to work for me (or had to work at all) and quite frankly I wouldn't give two shits. But if you came into an interview with me with that edgy af attitude, your resume would be trashed once you walked out the door.

> If you're not paying me for the interview then I don't give a fuck about answering your dumb questions.
Fair enough. I'll hire one of the other 4 who "do give a fuck."

>If you're paying me, I have a reason to answer every question nicely.
Well, you're answering questions to eventually get a job (and thus eventually get paid), but why let logic factor into our thoughts, huh?
>>
File: 1389125161119.jpg (186 KB, 1262x854) Image search: [Google]
1389125161119.jpg
186 KB, 1262x854
>tfw had an interview for a $50k per year web developer job before Christmas
>tfw we had a really nice chat and they didn't ask me any awful faggot interview questions
>tfw they treated me like a person
>tfw simply because of that I actually want to work there
>tfw planning out what my life would be like if I get the job
>tfw trying not to get hopes up
>>
>>25277779

To this anon

I'm

>>25276962

This anon

What do? How would I possibly handle an interview?
>>
>"Can you please go through step by step, the process of making spaghetti?"

I couldn't believe they asked me this . Was for a programming job. Didn't even get it.
>>
>>25276243
>"What kind of animal do you think best represents you?"
Well, my fursona is actually a pigeon becau-- wait where are you going

>>25276931
>No one wants to do wagecuck manual labor shit
That's when you say you want the money. Or if it's something like being an assistant at a woodworking shop or whatever, say it's because you like the machines and want in on the action or whatever. But usually, "I need money for school" will suffice.

Especially for sales jobs. They know you want money. Just say you want money. They want money. They want you to want other people's money so that you can get their money, give it to the company, and then the company will give you some of that money. Money money money!!
>>
>>25277994
>In your example, why is it necessary for someone with the honest response to be frowning and having a shit attitude?

>Because I think this company is a leader in its industry and has a lot of growth opportunities for its employees and I would love to contribute to its success.

>Honestly, I couldn't care less about the company, and the only reason I applied to it was because I need a paycheck.

Without seeing the two candidates and knowing anything else, which one would you think has the better attitude and which one would you think has the shittier attitude?
>>
>>25277417
Easy, a Honey Badger. Even in the face of adversity I do what needs to be done.
I just don't give a fuck. :^)
>>
>>25278076
>Without seeing the two candidates and knowing anything else, which one would you think has the better attitude and which one would you think has the shittier attitude?

Candidate A is full of shit and can't be trusted.

Candidate B is honest.
>>
Are you suppose to smile during interviews? I have never smiled for one, I'm just not the smiling type nor can I force fakeness like pretending to be happy. It's not like I frown, but I just basically have a straight face the whole time.
>>
>>25278076
Why do you insist on sticking with one example you set up deliberately to be knocked over easily in your favor?
>>
>>25278001
>your engineering bsc isn't special or unique
No, but my Master's probably is, and the publications with my name on them probably are too.

But go ahead and hire the guy who told you what his favorite animal is instead. I'm sure he will be much more competent :^)
>>
>>25277956
>I've never actually had a job, but let me tell you how it REALLY is!!
kekaroni, homie

>>25278076
not that guy obvs but I think it depends on the job. If you're there for a cold-call telephone sales position, and you start prattling on about "industry leaders" like you know anything about companies that do cold-call sales for other companies, I'm gonna think you're bullshitting and don't know when you're in too far over your head. But if you say that you've got a girlfriend and a tuition to pay for and you need the funds to keep up your lifestyle, I'm gonna think you're a go-getter who's got the right GET MONEY mindset for sales, and can move on to actually testing how well you can sell.

But for an IT position or working as a lab tech or whatever, yeah, it'd probably be better to not say "because money" and edge towards why you like the field or whatever.

I'd still think it's bullshit and the candidate is dishonest and bad if they go on about wanting to work for a "leader in its industry" and "growth opportunities" and shit like they at all know what's going on. If you're applying to Google or some shit, hell yeah, go for it, but a two-bit private bloodwork lab or minor computer repair shop isn't a leader of shit and will be off-put by such obvious pandering

>>25278115
there is no concrete answer to this, you just have to be not autistic

smile when appropriate, jeez
>>
File: 1412778236943.jpg (41 KB, 552x327) Image search: [Google]
1412778236943.jpg
41 KB, 552x327
>>25278167
>you just have to be not autistic

thats too bad then
>>
>>25278153
>my Master's
I'm fairly confident you don't have one

if you're this triggered by someone asking you what your favorite animal is, I doubt you could survive any environment outside your mom's house for more than five minutes, let alone long enough to get a degree
>>
>>25277145
Just say 'I've always been fascinated by meat products.'
>>
>>25278096
Nice usage of the "intentionally pick the wrong/edgy answer" meme.

>>25278116
Because that's the one that started this whole shitty debate.

But I can give you other examples as well:
>Tell me about yourself.
>Well, I'm a graduate from a masters program, was in the honors college, completed three internships and am looking to contribute to the firm.

>Tell me about yourself.
>Honestly, I completed my masters program piggybacked off my classmates, completed three internships and just want a high paying job now.

>Tell me about a time where you went out of your way to help a customer.
>Well, when I was working at Wendy's during college, I sat with one of our elderly customers and helped cut his food into smaller pieces so he could actually eat it.

>Tell me about a time where you went out of your way to help a customer.
>Honestly, I never have and only do the bear minimum not to be fired.
>>
>>25278085
>Fellow IDGAF

Mah nigga.
>>
>>25278257
>Nice usage of the "intentionally pick the wrong/edgy answer" meme.

It's not edginess, it's the truth.

Candidate A is blowing smoke. No one talks like that or thinks like that unless you're a trendy company like Apple, which if you are, the person is going to be excited as fuck and not using backwards corporate speak to describe their dream job.

Candidate B is telling you the truth. Unless you have an ownership stake or shares in the company, you're being paid to care about the company because that's how capital is exchanged for labour.
>>
>>25278257
>>Honestly, I never have and only do the bear minimum not to be fired.
>bear

I lol'ed
>>
>>25278214
And I'm confident you don't hire people for a living.

Because it's LE everyone on r8k is a failure meme.

I'm not triggered. I'm just not going to play some retard employer's game unless I'm getting paid to do it.
>>
>>25276815
For me, it's not crippling depression, it's "I had a medical issue, so I took some time off to work on my own projects while I recovered."
>>
>>25278257
>>Tell me about a time where you went out of your way to help a customer.
>>Well, when I was working at Wendy's during college, I sat with one of our elderly customers and helped cut his food into smaller pieces so he could actually eat it.

See, things like this are just not true. Very few people do things like that. Most people are just clocking in and clocking out.
>>
>>25278326
Nah. Contrary to your belief, companies usually like employees who will try at their position. There are in fact some employees like that.

>>25278348
Yeah, I made a typo. Whoops.
>>
>>25278326
>Candidate A is blowing smoke.
It's possible to not be an edgelord without "blowing smoke".

Even if you want to say "I'm just here for the money, duh", who sounds better about it:

>Why have you chosen to apply to this particular job?
>Well, I'm a student in [program] and I'm looking to move out of my home, and this job seems like an ideal way to get where I need to go in life. If things work out, it'd be nice to make a career here as well.

>Honestly, my man, I'm only doing this because if I don't, my mom will kick me out.
>>
File: 1416550399290s.jpg (7 KB, 236x202) Image search: [Google]
1416550399290s.jpg
7 KB, 236x202
>Thank you for your interest in becoming a cheeseburger artist at Mc Donalds ! This is a very exciting start at a future career! I'm just going to ask you a couple of questions for the interview.

>First off can you please explain this period of unemployment?

>It says here that you don't have a college degree. Can you please explain?

>Can you explain a time where you were filled with regret?

>You enter your post and you see your supervisor stealing french fries and bringing them home. How do you handle the situation?

>Oh it says here you know only one language. Hmm.. Why is that?

>Can you give me 2 of your greatest strengths and 2 of your greatest weaknessess? Explain how you are willing to rectify those weaknessess

>Ok for the last question I will give you 15 minutes for a closing statement to convince me why I should hire you for this position. Please use up the full 15 minutes.
>>
File: fuck outta here nigga.gif (966 KB, 500x293) Image search: [Google]
fuck outta here nigga.gif
966 KB, 500x293
>why do you want this job?
>>
>>25278407
>Nah. Contrary to your belief, companies usually like employees who will try at their position. There are in fact some employees like that.

Except there is nothing in either Candidate A or Candidate B's answer that precludes that from being true. Candidate B could be just as good of an employee or even better as Candidate A (and likely is, because Candidate A has to blow smoke)
>>
>>25278257
You're deliberately setting it up in your favor again. Try another example where you paint the candidates in opposite lights. You're just trying to affirm yourself in your beliefs with strawman examples.
>>
>>25278400
>Very few people do things like that.
He's using a pretty extreme example, but it really is easy to come up with something. For example, when I worked in service, if people had questions about stuff in the neighborhood, I'd gladly tell them what's where and who's who. I didn't have to, and I always had better things to do, but I felt it was worth it to tell a customer where to buy a good laptop or what's the cheapest pub around if they asked.

>>25278456
>>25278448
They're not really strawmen, nothing precludes the rude candidate from being otherwise qualified. He's just an asshole.

That you're assuming he's less qualified is just proof of his position. Can't you just refrain from being an asshole for a five minute interview?
>>
>>25278417

>Well, I'm a student in [program] and I'm looking to move out of my home, and this job seems like an ideal way to get where I need to go in life. If things work out, it'd be nice to make a career here as well.

>Honestly, my man, I'm only doing this because if I don't, my mom will kick me out.

How about "I want money and will do the things the job requires in order to get it."

If think you're trying to over-justify a job that otherwise shouldn't exist at this point
>>
>>25278400
Yea pretty much this.

So should I just completely lie and make up some bullshit? Will an interviewer ever question my answer or call me out on it? Might as well go all holy, huh.
>>
>>25275704

ONE
Something's got to give
>>
>>25278491
Apologies about the misuse of the term.

The issue is that the person with the honest response is always displayed as an asshoe in the examples. One can give such answers without being rude.
>>
Make me sign NDA. Immediately ask me to describe a typical day at current job (which would violate that job's NDA). Maybe it was a test.
>>
>>25278503
>How about "I want money and will do the things the job requires in order to get it."
How about you don't phrase it like an asshole, stop scowling for five minutes, and instead say something like:

>>Well, I'm a student in [program] and I'm looking to move out of my home, and this job seems like an ideal way to get where I need to go in life. If things work out, it'd be nice to make a career here as well.
instead of
>NIGGA IM BROkE. IM A BROKE NIGGA. HELP. HEEEEELP

When I was doing shitty telephone sales, that was basically my response to the "why do you want to work here" bit, I just said that I needed money for shit and they had a job open. The difference between you and me, though, is that I managed to put it politely instead of being an edgelord about it.
>>
>>25278491
>He's using a pretty extreme example, but it really is easy to come up with something. For example, when I worked in service, if people had questions about stuff in the neighborhood, I'd gladly tell them what's where and who's who. I didn't have to, and I always had better things to do, but I felt it was worth it to tell a customer where to buy a good laptop or what's the cheapest pub around if they asked.

I dunno about that one, that could also mean "You're sending them to the competition."

>They're not really strawmen, nothing precludes the rude candidate from being otherwise qualified. He's just an asshole.

>That you're assuming he's less qualified is just proof of his position. Can't you just refrain from being an asshole for a five minute interview?

But it's not being an asshole.

Candidate A is using corporate PR speak, which usually indicates that something is up.

Candidate B is not being an asshole by just nakedly saying the truth. Unless you give him an ownership stake or shares in your company, or your company is one of those prestigious ones, you're just being paid to care about it. "Give me money, I'll do the job you want at a high level."
>>
>>25278448
>Except there is nothing in either Candidate A or Candidate B's answer that precludes that from being true. Candidate B could be just as good of an employee or even better as Candidate A (and likely is, because Candidate A has to blow smoke)
For the millionth time, you have one opportunity to impress the interviewer.

Sure, candidate B may actually be the better candidate. But assuming equal skillsets, the interviewer is going to go with the candidate who did the better interview.

There is literally no logic or benefit in being edgy in an interview, unless you actually don't want the job and your mom made you go to it or something.

Again, I'm just not seeing the point in your argument. Why are you trying to be this much of an edgelord in the interview when you're the one trying to get the job and the interviewer probably has at least 2 or 3 other candidates for the position? Is this some kind of "fux dem normies, I'm so intellectually superior over their dumb questions" pride thing?

>>25278456
I'm not strawmanning. This whole debate is traditional answers vs edgier answers, which is exactly what I set up. That's what the reality of the situation looks like from the interviewer's perspective.
>>
>>25278558
>the honest response is always displayed as an asshoe
How are the polite answers necessarily dishonest?

What is the actual difference between
and
other than a bit of extra information in the first one? Because I gave that first one in an interview once, and I really did mean the second.
>>
>>25278573
>I dunno about that one, that could also mean "You're sending them to the competition."

>work at a breakfast place

>point them to where they can buy a laptop

>H-HES SENDING THEM TO THE COMPETITION!!!

u are dumb ass heck my man,

>But it's not being an asshole.
you are wrong
your an idiot
kill your selve
>>
>>25278568

It's because in your example, no one really talks like that. It's a pre-programmed response. I would never think to say something like that because it's not something I'd ever say naturally

And it's not even NIGGA I'M BROKE, it's "You need something done, I can do it, you pay me, we're good." A job is a thing you do so you can go do the things you want to do later on.

Like, you're inserting the edgelord into it yourself.
>>
>>25278598
Not that guy, but the business doesn't care that you need money. The business wants the candidate who will work the best/make the most money/jive well with the team.

Now considering that, which one sounds like he'd fit that bill:

or

>>
>>25278577
>why do you want this job?

Guy A
>blah blah PR embellishment exaggerations obvious bullshit 5 minute long answer blah blah
Guy B
>the starting salary for these kinds of jobs is supposed to be substantial and I need money

Now tell me again which is the asshole: the guy thinking he can fool you with his lies and half truths, or the guy who just said what the other guy wants to say without trying to trick you?
>>
>>25278577
>For the millionth time, you have one opportunity to impress the interviewer.

And for the millionth time, there is nothing impressive about a fake, pre-prepared answer that everyone gives.

It's not some "fux them normies" it's literally "You're being paid to ask someone useless questions because everyone is giving you the answer you want to hear."
>>
>>25278678
>the guy thinking he can fool you with his lies and half truths
That's how you see it. The way businesses (and most importantly HR, who gives the okay to hire) is that the candidate cared enough about the position/company to do some research on it.

Don't like it? Tough shit, that's how life works and if you want a job, you better conform to it.

>And for the millionth time, there is nothing impressive about a fake, pre-prepared answer that everyone gives.
Except that's how it works in reality. No one in the working world cares about whether you think it's "impressive" or not.
>>
>>25278640
>It's because in your example, no one really talks like that. It's a pre-programmed response.
I actually used a similar line in my job interviews in the past and I have gotten every job I interviewed for ever since I got my first job.

t. current accountant
>>
>>25278640
Welcome to social situations that aren't dinner with mommy. This is a potential boss, not your friend. When you've been working there for a bit, you can talk candidly like you've known the guy for a while, but for now, you're in a fucking interview and have to have your diplomatic face on

>>25278670
>Not that guy, but the business doesn't care that you need money.
The whole point of this is that anon thinks he can't say "I applied to the job because you put it up on craigslist asking for laborers you dingbat" in any way that sounds good. I gave him a way that sounds good. Of course you can say something else entirely and it'd probably be better, but depending on the context, the truth may be best (like in sales, as I said before, where they want money-grubbers)

>Now considering that, which one sounds like he'd fit that bill:
The top one. He wants to work and make money, and needs the money too so he can't even afford to phone it in even if he wants to (which he doesn't seem to want to). The second one doesn't give a shit and will probably phone it in constantly.

>>25278678
The second one sounds worse. It's dismissive. There's tons of candidates who can show a little respect; why would you want this snivveling little shit around the office? You talk big like you have options; take them somewhere else then and be disloyal to some other company you'll help run into the ground.

It's not about "impressing" them when you're just being polite, impressing them is done by your CV and in answering other questions. What they're asking with "Why did you choose this job" is whether or not you have any loyalty and if you'll be worth their time to employ, or if you'll stop returning their calls after two days of work and never show up again
>>
>>25278598
I was using the term honest to reference the type of answers we were discussing. Not necessarily an accurate category but it seemed to be easily understood.

The difference is obviously in how it is said. I would find that top answer perfectly acceptable and it fits into the kind of answer we were talking about. It's a way to be honest and polite without using vapid lingo that typically constitutes the "right" answer for an interview.

I wasnt trying to defend "edgy" responses. That may have been the misunderstanding in our discussion.
>>
>>25278766

>The second one sounds worse. It's dismissive. There's tons of candidates who can show a little respect; why would you want this snivveling little shit around the office? You talk big like you have options; take them somewhere else then and be disloyal to some other company you'll help run into the ground.

Entitled corporate culture at its best
>>
>>25278812
They hold the cards, man. Go start your own company if you think you're such hot shit.
>>
>>25278812
Great, then don't work there. Since you clearly are so great go to their competitors.
>>
>>25278839
>>25278885

Loyalty is a two-way street, most corporations are not loyal to their workers
>>
>>25278907
Okay, then don't apply to a shitty company.
>>
>>25278766
>it's dismissive
It's anything but dismissive you fucking idiot.

Jesus Christ you're incapable of forming arguments without strawman and you make up bullshit when presented with real ones.
>>
>>25275704
>3 weaknesses

Why the fuck would you tell them your weaknesses, you're trying to prove you're the best candidate
>>
>>25275704
"What size is your penis. We have to know in case the Ministry of Length and Girth decide to audit us this year,,"
>>
they ask you these questions so they know how "smooth" you are when dealing with questions you don't 100% know the answer to or don't want to answer with the complete truth because customers, co-workers, or other people will ask you similar questions all the time and you don't want to fuck up those interactions
>>
>>25278937

So, all of them?
>>
>"What would you do if you were the one survivor in a plane crash?"
>>
It's completely backwards.

Back when I started my working career with shit jobs at fast food or retail, it would be a full on interview with all the bullshit questions you could possibly ask for. Traits, hobbies, weaknesses, etc. Pure bullshit.

The higher and higher I've gone, the less and less formal and "interviewy" it becomes.

My current job was just me walking in, him introducing me everywhere, and telling me I start in two weeks and come prepared.

Why the entry level jobs have an interview to begin with is beyond me. It should be a simple background check, an introduction, and nothing more.
>>
File: 1440287125007.jpg (150 KB, 1020x901) Image search: [Google]
1440287125007.jpg
150 KB, 1020x901
>>25278999
And you wonder why you can't get a job? lel
>>
>>25278938
>Jesus Christ you're incapable of forming arguments without strawman and you make up bullshit when presented with real ones.
First of all, he's not the only one on that side of the argument, you fucking retard.

Second, you can m-muh s-s-strawman until the cows come home, but if anyone wants real advice on how to get a job in real life (and not in this NEET's fantasy world), don't give edgy answers in interviews. It almost never works out in your favor.
>>
>The Japanese government has decided to move Mount Fiji. How would you move mount Fiji to another location?
>>
>>25279042

The answers aren't edgy, you're just filling in the edgy tone because you're on 4chan
>>
>>25275704
>what do you think you are getting out of this?

>Do you believe you have what it takes?

>Do you understand the job? (of course I do fuckwit)
>>
File: 14453454353.jpg (7 KB, 231x200) Image search: [Google]
14453454353.jpg
7 KB, 231x200
>why don't you have a driver's license
>>
>>25276921
Congratulations on your douchebag status.
>>
>>25275704
i am too perfect and it causes losers to get jealous also i'm bad at math

are you retarded?

SOME NORMIE ONCE TOLD ME

and i got the job
>>
>>25279068
They really are, but feel free to use them. Let me know how that works out for you.

>In before a story about how you got a million dollar per year job by calling the interviewer a faggot.
>>
>>25278907
>>25278999

kek stop applying to spamlist places off craigslist and get a real job you homo

>>25278947
the trick is to immediately say how you solve or mitigate them, or to bring up stuff totally unrelated to the job. or just humblebrag. for example, for an office job, you can say that you're literally weak and can't lift a lot, or say that you're bad at giving speeches (unless it's for a job where you have to lift boxes and give talks ofc). stuff that won't affect your job and is more an idiosyncrasy than any kind of impediment to your work
>>
>If God is real, what would to like him to say to you when you die?
>>
>>25279072
>>Do you understand the job? (of course I do fuckwit)
You'd be surprised.

I **STILL** don't fully understand my job, but I still do it

>what do you think you are getting out of this?
this is an important one, it shows that you actually read whatever contract was slipped under your nose
>>
File: ayy lmao muthafucka.jpg (151 KB, 533x799) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao muthafucka.jpg
151 KB, 533x799
>>25279120
"Ayy Lmao"

>>25279111
I almost got to work for a major real-estate player in my town as a personal assistant through a houseboy gig
I scared him off by trying to fuck his dogs
>>
>>25279111
>They really are, but feel free to use them. Let me know how that works out for you.

It wouldn't matter either way, since I don't have the perfect answers and get kind of nervous with interviews, they're not going to hire me anyways
>>
>>25278006

I honestly wish you the best of luck, anon.
>>
>>25279005

You can't answer this without them telling you where you crashed. Crashing in the wilderness is not the same as crashing in the ocean is not the same as crashing near some city or rural limits.
>>
>>25279173
>hmm I get nervous in interviews because I am a shitty spastic autist

>I better be as big an asshole as I can be, just like Chad would be, surely that will get me the job!!

so not only are you an autistic asshole, but you probably can't even mouth off properly without shaking in your chair

l m b o
>>
>>25279120
>>If God is real, what would to like him to say to you when you die?

I'm going to put you back on earth with immortality, the ability to mind control people, and 100 billion dollars to start with.

>>25279043
>The Japanese government has decided to move Mount Fiji. How would you move mount Fiji to another location?

Just name another mountain Mount Fuji. All it is is just fucking rocks.
>>
>>25279230

No.

That's just it, I don't want to be an asshole. But I won't get hired if my answers aren't perfect because I'm an autismo or whatever you want to call it. And a lot of the answers I think are really dumb, which would make me feel really dumb answering them, which now I'm nervous and dumb and now I'm never going to get hired, thanks interviewer.
>>
File: 1394737123645.png (33 KB, 255x216) Image search: [Google]
1394737123645.png
33 KB, 255x216
>tfw you realize that interviews are just a shit-test and whether or not you are hired is decided well in advance
>>
>>25276921

>mfw fox is my favorite animal
>>
>>25279275
I want to FUCK that fox!!
>>
>>25278997
>>25278997
underrated post

this is not only a secret to getting a job, it's a secret to life

we ALL have things we don't know, or are embarrassed about, or insecure about. the thing is... how can you talk your way through it? not in a sense of lying, or even embellishing. but just being honest in a flattering way.

example: "anon, your resume shows a 3 year gap in employment. why is that?

- "Well, I got really depressed, so I just sat around at home and cried a lot. I attempted suicide at one point, and my mom threatened to kick me out. She told me if I didn't get a job, I had to leave."

- "Well, I faced some... personal... challenges. It was truly one of the "darker" times of my life. But I'm happy to say that I'm back on a positive path, and have been for a while now. I think this company would be a great next step for me."

in an objective sense... is one "better" than the other? no. but again... in business and in life... you have to learn to kinda sell yourself in situations where there's any sort of competition. and "competition" doesn't even mean "fierce competition." just means "can you somewhat demonstrate that you actually want this?"
>>
>>25279043
Obviously I'd invent all the necessary technology to create a spaceship with high powered lasers capable of cracking the crust of the earth and gravity tethers. Then I'd crack the foundation of the mountain and pull it into LEO with the gravity tethers and drop it wherever it was supposed to go.
>>
File: Walker-Texas-Range2r.jpg (24 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
Walker-Texas-Range2r.jpg
24 KB, 450x450
Ehm... After how many interviews you're supposed to know that YOU are the problem ?

I mean, I'm a robot but I can quite easily hide it and I had a dozen interviews for high paying jobs in the last 4 months, for a 100% fail rate.

I don't even act autistic and every time I leave with the feeling that I did good, I just don't get it.
>>
>>25279230
lmao what a retard (that guy you responded to).
>>
>>25279306
>example: "anon, your resume shows a 3 year gap in employment. why is that?
"I got sick"
>>
>>25279043
TWO BOMBS WEREN'T ENOUGH
>>
>>25276921
>My favorite thing to ask people what their favorite animal is, and then ask them to make the noise that animal makes.

>tfw I say pepe
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>25279306
>anon, your resume shows a 3 year gap in employment. why is that?

Ive traveled the world searching for crystal skulls.
>>
>>25279360
Wow, that must have been pretty exciting! Do you have any pictures you can show me?
>>
>>25277067

Channel your inner sociopath. Autists are actually very good at this lying thing. A big part is congruity of body and verbal language. I've actually gotten to where I lie just for the fun of it. I even managed to lie my way into a job where empathy and care was their top priority traits in prospective employees. I love taking charge of shit being the leader. Autists are the natural masters Plato wrote about.
>>
>>25279306
>example: "anon, your resume shows a 3 year gap in employment. why is that?
blame ISIS
>>
If you were a tree, what would you be?
>>
>>25279386
That information is above your pay grade.

>>25279419
I'd be LEAFing my loser girlfriend for a more POPLAR girl!! ha ha ha
>>
>>25279026

The job system really is fucked up.

>Graduate college without doing any internships
>Internships by big, reputable companies are only granted to people who are still students
>Can't do internships because not a student anymore
>Can't do "entry-level" positions because no internship experience

I lucked the fuck out and got a job at a local company that had less than ten employees, and it gave me stuff I could put down on my resume in addition to experience I could talk about in interviews (that my enhanced resume allowed me to get to), and now I'm working at a job that pays enough for me to live the rest of my life quite comfortably. Still, I only knew about that teensy tiny local company through a friend of a friend, and if I didn't have that lucky connection, my life would probably be significantly, significantly worse. It's all about luck, and that's bullshit.
>>
>>25279419
I would be a cedar tree :) , it's more prone to toppling over and losing branches so the higher the chance of me crushing normies beneath me :)
>>
>>25279441
>That information is above your pay grade.
Thank you for your time, Mr. Ymous.

Don't call us, we'll call you.
>>
>>25279419
Pine because I am a fast learner and pine trees grow quickly
>>
>>25279386
Joke aside, that is actually what I'm doing when asked why a have a 1 year hole in my resume

> Tell them I traveled for one year
> Show them the fake blog I made with hundreds of stolen pictures and articles
> Works everytime + they find me interesting
>>
>>25279508
You'll find no number on your records. My people will be in touch.
>>
>>25277542

You can't wear hats indoors unless you're jewish. I'm sure he wears a charcoal or blue suit, slim fit. Shirt is probably white, a pastel color, or white with thin stripes at most extravagant.
>>
>>25277145
>"I like cooking so I figure a job here should be fulfilling. I hear it's also very competitive, just from the sheer number of applicants."

BOOM. Shows you know what's up and have some reason to work there more than a day.
>>
> Who is your favorite comic character? And why?

> Name your top 3 vidya characters?
I have no idea why they asked me that during a interview for a company that have nothing to do with video games
>>
I rmember applying to Babel Media (they do translations and QA) and they sent me this Excel document full of weird puzzles.

Some of them were pretty clever, you had to go searching around the document for hidden elements and stuff. Pretty cool.

I actually got as far as an interview when I was much younger, but that was more plain. They did sit me in a room and make me watch videos of games bugging out and had me write practice reports for them, though. That was fun. Things like footage of Sonic 06 just being Sonic 06, but also some pretty stable AAA games of the time just being horrendously broken.

Naturally, they also asked what my favorite games were and some other "gamer cred" shit test stuff.
>>
>What did you want to be when you were 10 years old?

When I was 10 years old sir, I dreamed everyday of being an employee of Walmart. To be able to help the wonderful community and assist them in providing the best service I possibly can. I know how important it is being an employee of such a staple franchise such as Walmart and would love nothing more than to put on the blue vest and be a team player.
>>
>>25279757
>What did you want to be when you were 10 years old?
I wanted to sell weed and weed accessories. No lie. It's probably for the best that I'm here instead. The hood was rough, man.
>>
>>25279622

It's to make you sure you aren't a real nerd. The correct answer is some normie core shit like batman or spiderman and Mario and Luigi. Third vidya is the trictrick question. You shouldn't kmore than two. mor
>>
>Aight homie. can u flip dat work make that ppaper
>>
>You might see some sick shit here, like literal shit, or kiddie porn, or animal porn... Are you okay with that?

Apparently this was the one time "I'll do whatever as long as the checks clear" was not the correct response and I should have been more sensitive or something. I never got a call back.
>>
>>25279854
>You might see some sick shit here, like literal shit, or kiddie porn, or animal porn... Are you okay with that?

Sounds like this website desu

I hope they warn jannies about this when they sign up
>>
>>25279854

They don't want sensitive. They want thick skinned and able to ethically follow protocol. Client eating shit? Pretend you didn't see it. Cheese pizza? Report that shit. Beast? Refer to company policy because I don't think it's illegal in all states.
>>
I recently quit my job of 3 years, I remember the interview and it was a perfect foreshadowing, I had to come up with a jingle to sell a product and sing it. It was a forklift driving job...

Then the irony is you eventually have to have legal and diversity training where we are told everyone is equally entitled to work there but obviously those techniques are to weed out anyone with anxiety or maybe some principles.

Complete shit.
>>
>>25279310
ask them if you can record the interview, then watch over and see what you're like
kind of like c&c replays...
>>
>>25279964
I figured the "I'll do whatever just pay me nigga" option was a nice way to say "I'll do it and not complain" without going full "I'm here for the rare dolphin porn more than the money, honestly"

>>25279916
I remember once when it was an open position and it was mentioned somewhere. And anyone here long enough to be a janitor probably knows that it's one of the janitor's jobs, and one that doesn't always even get done
>>
>>25279352
Hi, r/4chan. Slow day? You fucking faggot.
>>
>>25280200

In an ideal world, you should be able to just admit that you will do anything because it's the money you care about afterall but most companies want the do anything attitude but disguised as a passion for the job.
>>
File: 12312312313123.jpg (25 KB, 355x351) Image search: [Google]
12312312313123.jpg
25 KB, 355x351
>>25280224
>Replying to a 40 minute old comment just to call him a faggot

Look at this guy, isn't he a legend? He's tearing away at the social fabric and dynamics of the internet and society as a whole with this one. You'd have to be a badass terminator motherfucker to do this kind of thing. I bet he feels all excited and rowdy because of this epic comment. His pulse is like 200 bpm right now, this is BIG for this guy, screencap this internet hercules right the fuck now.
>>
>what is your biggest weakness?

I usually answer this one honestly, and tell them that I tend to isolate myself, and keep to myself. This is not a guaranteed red flag, and it shows I am honest to them, which is a pretty good plus.
>>
>>25280386

Chill friend, like you said, it happened 40 minutes ago. No need for such anal devastation. I'll help you out. On 4chan when you are called out you strawman, move goalposts, or reply in kind. Put down the kleenex and call him a fag back if it means so much to you.
>>

1. I'm a perfectionist. It's both a blessing and a curse.

2. Sometimes I care too much.

3. I'm honest to a fault. I can't lie, even when it seems like it would be to my benefit.
>>
File: 1443297594992.jpg (26 KB, 400x287) Image search: [Google]
1443297594992.jpg
26 KB, 400x287
>interviewing for $73k/yr software dev position
>already been interning at the company for a year on a different team
>met the main interviewer when I was helping him conduct other interviews for new interns
>already had some insight into the team's thought process when interviewing
>already had some relationship with nearly all the people in the room
>interview is pretty much a normal conversation about experiences with technical stuff and some detailed descriptions of what the job entails
>no stupid questions, very relaxed, laughing and joking at multiple points
>a couple relatively easy technical questions near the end
>got the job

It's actually pretty easy guys, why don't you just do what I did?
>>
>>25276849
>There's an equally qualified candidate that actually wants to be here and do work with us.

No, just a candidate who's more willing to lie through their teeth and kiss ass.
>>
>>25280909

>doing it for free

K E FUCKING K
>>
>>25280962
Paid internship, fuccboi. I make more working 20 hours a week and studying than you do working your full time minimum wage job.
>>
>>25280988

If I make minimum wage then you make peanuts.
>>
>>25275704
Interviews do not exist to judge your aptitude for the job get that out of your head right now.

They exist solely to judge your social fitness and weed out robots and spergs. Because nobody wants to work with robots and spergs.

I'm very forgiving of robots and spaghetti spillers because I was one for years before working very hard to hide my powerlevel and every night I deal with the depression of not being myself and living a normie persona but as much as I want to neet it up I can't be a burden.

t. undercover robot
>>
Last interview i had to fill out a mbti test. Its all normie bullshit.
Next in person interview i'll drink gin beforehand.
>>
>>25278577
Do you know what edgy means?
Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.