[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think death is like?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
I've been thinking about death lately, and one idea that makes sense to me is that death is like sleep with no dreams, or waking up
Thoughts?

(Pic is unrelated)
>>
remember what it was like before you were born?

death is like that.
>>
>>25275505
Ever been so tired that you fell asleep so fast n' deep, so that when you woke up it only felt like blinking briefly? During this time you don't have any perception of time and whatever happened in between the moment you fell asleep and the moment you woke up is irrelevant.
I imagine death being like such a sleep. Just instead of it being a rather slow "blink" you stay in there though, in the nothingness, and you'll not open you eyes again and whatever happens doesn't matter since your perception of time and event doesn't exist.
I hope that explanation made any sense.
>>
You should listen to Alan Watts.
>>
File: 1445312949907.jpg (135 KB, 462x700) Image search: [Google]
1445312949907.jpg
135 KB, 462x700
Do not fret, never forget.
>>
>>25275505
Its just like before you were born
>>
Man need not fear death.
While he is, death cannot touch him
When death finally can, he is no longer
>>
>>25275505
This question is like 'what is it like to be a rock'.

It is nohow.

>>25275744
Alan Watts is pure, concentrated, heavy-handed, uninspired anti-intellectualism.
>>
>>25275505
I think it's probably terrifying

I read somewhere that before you die your brain releases DMT so you trip out

Most people won't die at home surrounded by loved ones
They'll probably die in some shitty overcrowded hospital
>>
>>25275505
When you die, the biowaves your brain emitted subsist for indetermined time on their own.

Then they get caught in the cosmic pulses.
Those are sudden massive surges soft gravity which pull every active form of energy towards the universe's core.

The journey is a long one, as you surf this pulses you might get the chance to sense other planets, or pass through star cores.

When you're in your wave form you have a memory configured by the frequency of your own emitters.

They're independent from strong gravity, radiation, or electro-magnetism so passing through high activity areas will mean nothing to you.

Once you are close enough to the core, you'll feel the soft gravity pulling you in a more consistent way.

There your waves WILL deform and get finally sucked into the core and origin of your universe (and the next).

You'll get to interact with tons of other wave-like entities until the next Big-Bang sends you forward to collapse againt the first life-form which gets on your way.

It's not unlikely you don't get any.
You'll just have to hang around until the cosmic pulses begin and the next Big-Bang awakens a new universe.
>>
>>25276277
I get this is as true as the bible but it's somewhat comforting
>>
File: Archangel michael.jpg (699 KB, 1558x2401) Image search: [Google]
Archangel michael.jpg
699 KB, 1558x2401
>>25275505
"Son, he said, ye cannot in your present state understand eternity... That is what mortals misunderstand. They say of some temporal suffering, "No future bliss can make up for it," not knowing that Heaven, once attained, will work backwards and turn even that agony into a glory. And of some sinful pleasure they say "Let me have but this and I'll take the consequences": little dreaming how damnation will spread back and back into their past and contaminate the pleasure of the sin. Both processes begin even before death. The good man's past begins to change so that his forgiven sins and remembered sorrows take on the quality of Heaven: the bad man's past already conforms to his badness and is filled only with dreariness. And that is why... the Blessed will say "We have never lived anywhere except in Heaven, : and the Lost, "We were always in Hell." And both will speak truly."
>>
>>25275505
This question would get better answers on /x/. You don't need to be religious to have beliefs beyond "there's nothing after death."
>>
>>25276277
>universes core
Haha
Shut up
>>
Nobody else has something interesting to add?
Really?
We're talking about death, spit your shit.
>>
>>25276765
u literally do.
without enegery the body cannot power the brain much less be self aware. to believe in the supernatural is to believe in religion
>>
I imagine it's like falling asleep. I'm not talking about dreaming but that moment where you fall asleep.
>>
>>25275505
its proabably very very scary
>>
Death is a nothingness beyond the comprehension of the mind. You can't imagine what absolute nothingness is because you can't remove your mind from the equation.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.