[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what happens when robots/VR becomes commonplace?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 3
File: 1403273631760.jpg (107 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1403273631760.jpg
107 KB, 500x500
for every woman out there (unless she's a hideous beast) there's at least 2-3+ guys, be them beta or chads willing to fuck her, which leads to their entitlement and their attitude of always expecting to be the ones who get approached for everything and never needing to take initiative.

but what happens if sex/companion robots become a reality? think about it, for the same money you'd spend on presents every year, you can buy a partner that will fulfill all your sexual desires, never nag or ask anything of you, never feel the need to "settle down" and have kids, and who'll never leave you over some petty shit.

hell with some advances in AI tech your robot could even have actual conversation with you and simulate an actual living companion well enough for the difference to not matter.

what would women do then, when men have a better option available and they're reduced to walking ovaries to keep the species alive (until labs can do that on their own and women are downright useless)?
>>
nothing will change
10% of men will fuck 100% of women
and the others will be betas
>>
>>25266884
Women will be forced to develop a personality since they'll have competition for the first time in human history.

I'd like to think the world will be a better place since women actually will have to be nice to men if they want a part of his paycheck.
>>
>>25266913
except they won't get attention.

right now, those betas serve as orbiters or other such shit, so they keep giving women attention, which they crave.

we're looking at a scenario where 10% of men would still be the ones getting all the sex, but women wouldn't get the attention they love from all the less attractive men putting hem on a pedestal.

i guarantee you in less than a year women all around the globe would be trying to get the bots outlawed and would desperately try to get people to not buy them.
>>
It will be banned by feminists with the excuse that some white non-nu male pedophile might fuck a white 17yo and anyone caught with VR equipment will be killed on the spot.
>>
>>25266884
shit imagine the butthurt.

hundreds of thousands of females all over screaming how it's sexist and misogynistic and how it's rape.

kek feminists would go fucking apeshit.

imagine the endless laughter we would get.
>>
>>25267011
they will have less orbiters, yes, but they will still be fucking chad
>>
>>25267126
they all cannot have him

they can all only fuck him

companionship is different
>>
>>25267126
pretty much >>25267156
and add to it that as said before, there won't be enough chads for all the women out there, and the ones there are will only want the best-looking women.

so at least half the women out there will not only not get attention, they won't get sex either.

oh and just a quick reminder that lots of chads don't like becoming providers. so no beta providers either.

you think that's not too bad? remember that women have the whole biological clock thing and that as age starts catching up and the good looks start fading they get desperate to have kids and settle down with a family.
>>
There's gonna be a ton of shaming and anger. Maybe even a kind of bachelor or luxury tax put on that stuff

Won't make a difference though
>>
>>25267156
Robot can be programmed to love their owners.
>>
>>25267011
there are already women trying to ban sex dolls, which are the closest we get to bots
>>
>implying I wouldn't VR my husbando into existence

I have a good job making good money, I don't need some beta in my life. I hope VR happens soon too.
>>
>>25267529
>implying thousands of threads, blogs, discussions, posts, tweets maybe even protests worth of pure female frustration over losing their pedestal wouldn't be worth every second and penny

it would/will be glorious and i await eagerly for our nippon overlords to make it true
>>
>>25267610
a shame your VR husbando can't provide for you.
>>
>>25267647
>I have a good job making good money
What part of that don't you understand?

Besides IT'S ALMOST 2016, I can make my own wage. I'm not one to leech. My husbando will be perfect I can't wait.
>>
>>25267669
>IT'S ALMOST 2016, I can make my own wage
sure thing, here's your 72 cents
>>
>>25266884
You're talking about the Promised Golden Age eh?

>our suffering will finally be over as waifus will accepts us
>we will convert and baptise the sinful beta providers and orbiters and have them repent so they can accept and find love in waifus
>the evil succubi will no longer have their mana reserve i.e. attention and will begin Ragnarok
>our waifus will bless us with their grace and help us defeat the succubi menace
>eventually our missionary i.e. technology will convert even chad into waifuism
>the life source capable of producing offspring i.e. ovaries will be extracted from succubi's to artificially create offspring
>the genocide of succubi happens shortly there after
>finally we will all live in the eternal heaven
>>
>>25267722
You don't actually believe the wage gap shit right? I'm not a blue collar worker. I make pretty much the same as men.

I don't mind if they make slightly more anyways. The higher ups tend to give them the hardest work. It's only fair.
>>
>>25267774

i dont get this wage gap shit

women only want you, if you make more than her

so.. lets make it even harder for men to find wives because all the women are busy pretending to be important?

like you know how many bitches go through intense schooling, and still create nothing?

god its infuriating cuz the women know what they are doing, and the men just seem clueless, which is why you have beta orbiters
>>
>>25267774
ever having kids? you'll have to pause your career at a time when you should be making connections and getting promoted.
you're not having kids? society is set up to encourage you to do it. by choosing not to, you're actively undermining society instead of building it.
either way, you working means a poorer nation.
>>
>>25267774
maybe you are an exception but when you look at the professions women usually go to and how many actually stick to a career rather than abandon it to settle down and have kids, you'll see what i mean.

besides, who's going to make that VR husbando? there's tons of beta virgin sciencefags willing to make VR waifus and sexbots a reality, but i doubt there's half as many interested in male bots. you best hope would probably be gay men, and even then they usually don't have need for these.
>>
>>25267850
>busy pretending to be important
I don't get this sentiment. Of course everyone wants fair access to money. I don't want to have a spouse or a bf, does that mean I should be starving in the gutters? I'm contributing to society, every cog in the machine matters.

I think that it's shit that women don't date below. But your generalizing me hard senpai. I'm not interested in kids either.
>>
>>25267768
The fire will only rise now, brother.
>>
Sex bots will be useless to women because they need emotional validation and attention. They know a robot's attention/love has no value.

Most men will be satisfied just with the sexual aspect of them. And most of the remaining ones will make do with convincing themselves the love/feelings are real. This is why guys can fall in love with girls just through text chat online or while never even having spoken to them.

This will be the revolution my friends. The real beta uprising.
>>
>>25266884
>for every woman out there (unless she's a hideous beast) there's at least 2-3+ guys, be them beta or chads willing to fuck her

So what? Maybe people's lives don't revolve around having sex.
>>
>>25267943
This post is also directed at you guys I guess
>>25267884
>>25267861
Living as a housewife with no control over my own life would literally be hell. Shitting out children is not for me, but I understand if other women prefer it. I'd rather work 40-50 hours a week like I do now.
>>
>>25268052
>This is why guys can fall in love with girls just through text chat online or while never even having spoken to them.
It happens to girls too.
>>
>>25268059
have you considered getting a hysterectomy?
>>
>>25268085
There's no reason to. I'm a virgin and am not interested in sex. The only way I'd possibly get pregnant is through rape and I'd abort the bastard
>>
>>25267943

by "pretending to be important", i mean they fight me on being a man, and it seems the more masculine the trait, the more they seem to hate and despise it

I can understand fighting whoever is "oppressing" you, but most girls claim they are better than me, and don't even have cars, or jobs, which I DO have

if you are better than me, show it. i lift every other day, I go to work pretty much everyday, I got a car, and I'm in school

the women still want to pretend what they are doing, is superior to what I am doing, and all they are doing is enjoying themselves while ORDERING ME to stand down, "or else"

I am literally better than most girls, but because of one missing trait, you are dating down? Exactly what I mean. They dont even wana compromise ANYTHING while mainly bringing NOTHING, if sex IS EQUAL

could you image instead of having guys always open to be taken advantage by you cuz they are trying to "be nice" and get into your pants, the girls lead you on, only to embarrass you and waste your time?(not responding to texts, being general bitches. etc.)

thats why i say most women are pretending to be important, meanwhile in reality, they are simply a cumrag for chad, raising his kids on government money
>>
>>25268118
you will never be equal if you can make people.
please diaf
>>
>>25267768
What a glorious future.
>>
>>25267884
>there's tons of beta virgin sciencefags willing to make VR waifus and sexbots a reality, but i doubt there's half as many interested in male bots
Sweet lord never EVER make the mistake of underestimating fujoshits.
>>
>>25268150
Exactly, people able to produce people are superior.
>>
>>25268211
you can only create evil physical people.
men create people from the realm of information and force it on reality.
this is why women are beautiful and men are not. we created you.
>>
>>25268072
kek nice joke, got anything to back that up with?
>>
>>25268053
maybe, but knowing you're wanted, coveted is empowering and women like that. it also gives them benefits, why do you think white knights are a thing?
>>
>>25268128
I can recognize that most, if not all, inventors are men. Men are the ones doing all the dirty work in society and also leading companies and countries.

I'm not the most able person in the world but I think even though I'm a woman I deserve a chance to live my life as I see fit.

Yeah, your situation is shit but I can't really do much to help it. Sorry about that, I'm just one girl. I definitely don't buy into all this girl power shit though. Janice fiamengo is an idol of mine.

I'm just interested in equal rights where it's fair. Women being propped up in the name of diversity grinds my gears too.
>>
>>25267107
>hundreds of thousands of females all over screaming how it's sexist and misogynistic and how it's rape.
they're actually doing that already

it's some of most bizarre "logic" i've ever seen. it's like "it will objectify women and therefore encourage rape"
>>
>>25268277
>I'm a woman I deserve a chance to live my life as I see fit

while this is true, and you should..

this is why so many women have a kid, boots the man, or he leaves cuz chad doesnt do that raising shit, then think they can run a whole household in SINGLE MOM HELL.

they perceive themselves as strong in every aspect to men, and as if all but the top men are worthless, and not needed

say what you will about men, but we never made women feel like that. considering even the ugly ones get dick and marriage, while the ugly guys get their hand, sock or anything other than a real breathing girl to have sex with

its only in 2015 can you be buff, drive a sportscar/convertible, have your money, plan out your future, and the women still think you are irredeemable garbage that should "chase" them, because "you aren't social, rich, tall, extra handsome"

its not about taking care of oneself anymore, but merely impressing society
>>
>>25268306
imagine someone like Quinn going apeshit on a program rambling about how the sex bots are wrong and all that crap, with the host barely holding his laughter while he's getting his cock sucked by his bot under the table.
>>
>>25268425
Sorry but that's an incredible generalization. You have a huge women do wrong, men can't complex.

Men have made me feel worthless because I'm not attractive or lacking some other quality. There are billions of people on this planet. People are shit in general.

If you find women so repulsive then just don't date them. That's part in why I want a VR husbando. Maybe I'm just cold hearted but I don't feel lonely because I've never had a bf. If a man made me feel like shit the way you describe women I'd just leave it all behind. Like I do now.

People call me shit behind my back and my family is disappointed in me not having a family but I don't care.
>>
>>25268601
You sound like a tough cunt and I like you.
>>
>>25268601

I just notice what going on around me. I've had gfs unlike you with bfs, and this is what i found

generalization as it is, it is what it is. Thats something women will never understand.

Men do wrong all the time, but it almost always cuz the girl lets him, cuz he's chad

I'm not saying you should fulfill some role you dont want. I'm just saying women need to calm down, and realize they cant do everything. Men realized this, which is why you bitches have any breathing room for success now

Which in turn, makes more men undesirable to you, because you might earn more than them

say what you want about me, but I have no kids. Never cheated on my gfs. But they still went out their way to act like shit, which I have never done, but I guess thats why I'm not chad
>>
>>25268644
You sound pretty alright too. I'd be just as frustrated with society if I were in your position. Hopefully this entire movement stops gaining momentum. It feels really patronizing imo. "Girl Power!" Is pathetic.
>>
>>25268245
I can't provide you with my own personal experience and what I gathered from interacting with females, so go to any website about relationship advices, hell, go on /adv/, google etc
>>
>>25268743
Well, that was my first post, I'd just been following the thread.

Do you desire a bf? Casual sex? What qualities would you like? How old are you? Genuinely curious, not trying to play white knight or something. I don't think I've ever met a woman with your attitudes, or I have and they just keep it on the DL.
>>
>>25268700
It's not fair to men, I agree 100%. Something needs to change and those suicide rates don't lie desu.

But it's very irritating to hear things that all women are like all the time. Not just from you but also from the feminist group. Generalizing ticks me off.
>>
>>25268826
I'm 26 and have no desire for sex or a bf for even companionship. I've never had a crush or interest in either gender. I've been on the receiving end of bullying for a majority of my childhood and had an abusive dad.

It probably contributed to it but I've always been like this as far as I know. I don't even know if I'd be interested in a husbando but it sounds like a nice alternative. I've probably felt more emotion for cartoon characters.

I'm pretty messed up I guess. I only talk to my coworkers and family (who i can tell judges me harshly). Two of my sisters are married have one has a kid already. You can imagine why I post here.
>>
>>25268167
>implying none of those beta virgin sciencefags are gay
you'll just need a mod at most
>>
>>25268921
I feel for you. My experiences are similar, though more isolation than peer bullying. I have a strong libido, but I feel very alienated. If I had my way, I'd have a relationship with a woman something like Gene Hackman's girlfriend in "The Conversation".

How do you treat men who show interest in you?

I've met some women who seem to enjoy looking attractive just so they can smash men and mock them while hiding behind their femininity. I always wonder if they are actually very lonely.
>>
>>25269113
A man has never shown interest in me. Maybe I come off as a bitch or strange but I don't have any interest in other people. Either romantically or not. I prefer it this way, I can't imagine constant attention that sounds terrible.

I feel for you too. Hopefully you find someone who isn't batshit crazy or a bitch. Luckily isolation doesn't bother me, it's a preference.
>>
>>25269245
desu I never felt that any woman I've dated is a truly bad person, though I'm frustrated by how even good people play into gender stereotypes.

I recently broke up with a woman I'd lived with for two years because she would claim to have very firm plans and desires, and proved time and again that she was just playing house, and pretty much lived moment to moment. She expected me to make a lot of promises and provide a lot of security that she clearly couldn't reciprocate.

I imagine you do broadcast a bit of an attitude, or you don't see the cues of men's interest. Usually men move on very quickly if their interest isn't acknowledged. Do you dress to feminine norms, or just do the bare minimum to not look like a crazy person?

Many frustrated men assume that women can just splay their legs and have a great guy inside them, but it's usually a lifetime of training and peer reinforcement that makes things so "easy" for women to date.
>>
>>25269418
>Usually men move on very quickly if their interest isn't acknowledged.
Why peruse a person who doesn't mirror your interests?
>>
>>25269245
>I'm pretty messed up
>I've probably felt more emotion for cartoon characters
>isolation doesn't bother me, it's a preference
>overwhelming edginess

If you don't care I really don't see why you're on here venting about it or discussing it. But hey, it's your choice.
>>
>>25266884
Do you think that Chads who have no problems getting pussy or relationships will suddenly start fucking those robotic substitutes? If those robots become a norm, nothing will change. Normie women will still be with normie men, the only difference will be that anxious shy people will be able to use something better than fleshlights. Which is good for you.
>>
>>25269539
I've read scifi where "real sex" is considered a bit of a kink. Doesn't seem like a terribly unlikely way for things to go, even without decent AI.

>>25269504
You're right. I'm as bad as any chad about passing over girls who are intensely awkward or can't play the game a little, even though I was in their shoes until age 23 or so. I can barely manage my own emotional problems.
>>
>>25269418
You sound like a reasonable, level-headed guy. You'll probably find a girl that matches your goals and interests eventually. Either way, I hope it works out for the best.

I don't have a lot of conversations with men anymore so I'm not sure what constitutes flirting or polite chitchat honestly. I doubt men are actually throwing themselves at me but I hope I'm not leading anyone at work on. I dress pretty okay I'm not fat or disturbingly ugly. I'd probably rate myself a 5/10. It doesn't really matter, but I like to stay in shape.

>>25269528
I don't really talk about my feelings or experiences much. This is an anonymous message board so it's not a big deal.

I guess I do sound a little edgy. I'm living the /r9k/ meme life. I don't know how to describe myself without the edgyness honestly.
>>
>>25268601
>You have a huge women do wrong, men can't complex.
>Men have made me feel worthless because I'm not attractive or lacking some other quality.
Read more carefully please. No one said this doesn't exist. Of course chad can be mean to you and you don't have to like it.

The issue we have is that so many of the women looking down on men are shit themselves. Their level of looks/personality/both would make them insufferable betas if they were male. But since they're female, they can be 5/10 autists but still maintain an entitled attitude.
>>
>>25266884
This is already happening. There are woman and feminists petitioning to prevent the production of sexbots because it is "slavery." Japan has sex dolls and has been working on the sex slave automaton which has already started controversy and females knowing that their edge of having sex as power will be disappearing.
>>
>>25269728
>of course Chad can be mean to you
Haha. You know who was really mean during my school years? The average guys. Chads were even a bit nicer to me, still bad, but nicer. The 5-6/10 males are the ones who feel like they have to be cruel to prove they're better. They want to impress Chad and Stacey and they think picking on the 4-5/10 weird girls is the way to do it.

All I can do is talk from my experience, but shit. Middle school and highschool was absolute hell for me because of average males. It irritates me that people think nothing bad can happen to girls in this society.

That was ranty, but either way all women aren't the same. Find one that doesn't act that way.
>>
I think the shitfit that women will obviously throw will prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that even women know they're nothing more than holes to fuck.
>>
Because AI will be a tough but to crack.

I think in the coming decade, racting will become a real thing. As predicted in Neal Stephenson's The Diamond Age. (Basically: improv actors, working remotely for online interactive entertainment, contracted and often interchangeable, many cheap 3rd worlders.)

For prongames, the initial talent will come from webcam models. But there'll be many more newcomers, cause there's less often a need to visually appear on camera.
>>
>>25269787
It's the opposite of slavery, it's freedom. If convincing sex bots were avaliable I wouldn't talk to or even acknowledge the existence of women.

B4 a bunch of femanons chime in to bitch look at it this way, Im an inferior beta make getting out of your way so you can continue throwing yourself at Alphas who will become the norm in the future, so more mass produced studs to satiate your cougar whims.

Everyone wins.
>>
>>25269992
maybe if we get advancements in brain-mapping and replication tech, along with a bigger understanding of how it works in detail, we could use that to make some pretty good AI.

i wouldn't say something like robots developing actual feelings, but some with a complex enough AI and simulation capacities that the difference wouldn't be big enough to matter.
>>
>>25269721
I sound reasonable and play my part well, but I have some emotional problems that make me feel very alone. I thought building a family with someone might be healing but I don't know if I have the mental hardware. I'm extremely anhedonic, I basically don't have fun. Contentment with not being in pain, or satisfaction with a job well done is about as high as I get. My most noble impulse is to help people--I'm handy and knowledgeable, and it feels wonderful to fix someone's car or bring dinner to an elderly neighbor, but deep, intimate connections are nigh impossible. Dear friends have distanced themselves from me when I reveal too much of my inner life, and it's so devastating that I just don't bother anymore.

Sorry if I sound like some internet fag but I wish we could talk more outside of this thread.
>>
File: tipit.jpg (52 KB, 690x566) Image search: [Google]
tipit.jpg
52 KB, 690x566
>>25268601
>>25268644
>>25268743

heh heh. m'lady

:^)))
>>
>>25270557
This.

Fucking jabronis
>>
File: perfectwoman.jpg (66 KB, 831x614) Image search: [Google]
perfectwoman.jpg
66 KB, 831x614
It will be glorious. Both for us robots, and to everyone watching the female shitstorm.

I might become one of the people making them too. Gotta do my part in advancing the state of sexbots.

To the fembot wanting a husbando: do you want more of a dicking, or a hunk that cuddles you and listens to your shit?
>>
>>25268277
Women already have equal rights you disease infested whore.
>>
>>25268601
Wahhh Chad wants to fuck other girls instead of commiting his entire life to me. See, girls can be robots tooooooo!!
>>
>>25270712
No they have more rights now. People litterally go out of their way to hire women just because of how progressive it is.

Take a look at the recent laws in Europe (germany for example) where board members are already required to be 30% female. It's ridiculous and pretty sexist if you ask me.
>>
>>25269721
Literally shut your whore mouth and stop complaining about your shit.

This is like a fatty on a new diet complaining about hunger to holocaust victims.

Get your filthy smelly vagina the fuck back to Tumblr.
>>
>>25270557
>>25270590
>>25270758
>>25270816
Just a thought... why not direct that rage at the women who actually undermine men's rights and use their cunts to elevate themselves, instead of some asexual social retard? What would you really lose if, for example, you just spat in the face of the next cunt who whines about a wage gap or male privilege in your presence?
>>
>>25270918
Get the fuck out roastie
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.