[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>No one's gonna love you if you don't love yourself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: 1449845927097.jpg (36 KB, 600x483) Image search: [Google]
1449845927097.jpg
36 KB, 600x483
>No one's gonna love you if you don't love yourself first, anon! :^)

How the fuck am I supposed to think I'm worthy of love if no one has ever shown me positive attention in my life
>>
File: 5CC2HXf-K60.jpg (66 KB, 419x604) Image search: [Google]
5CC2HXf-K60.jpg
66 KB, 419x604
I think they mean accept yourself.

This does not mean you should overlook your flaws with acceptance, rather accept the flaws as flaws. when you recognize the flaws and any good aspects you have you become more grounded and confident, you know how to handle yourself, which route to take, which means going down a certain path and moving in your life.

Women don't like 'boring' men who sit still and sulk. Meekness is unattractive to both genders, I feel.

It's more of a 'get a grip' thing than anything else. you aren't actually meant to love yourself, just love existing and show it.
>>
Edit your memories so that you have a wealth of positive attention in the past, anon.

There, problem solved.
>>
>>25267504
>Meekness is unattractive to both genders, I feel.

Shitloads of men like shy girls, what are you talking about?
>>
>>25267542
hopefully it will come around the same time as cheap brain transplants
>>
>>25267403
>how am I supposed to experience a feeling of self worth without someone telling me that I'm worthy of love
That is what they call "inner wisdom", my friend. And it is attainable. But first, you must seek it.
>>
>>25267727
even if I did your mystical voodoo meditation there would still not be anything objectively worthy about me. I would just be tricking myself into thinking there is. but the fact of the matter is, other people decide if you are worthy of love, and they do this by actually loving you
>>
>>25267504
but I do accept myself, there are traits about me that I consider positive but I DON'T KNOW if other people also find them valuable.

the only way I can know for sure if I have good traits worth loving is if someone tells me so.

otherwise it may just be inflated ego detached from reality for all I know.
>>
File: let go jimmies.jpg (161 KB, 500x628) Image search: [Google]
let go jimmies.jpg
161 KB, 500x628
>>25267806
>other people decide if you are worthy of love
But this is where you are mistaken, friend. You are letting other people decide your fate, instead of deciding it for yourself.
>>
>>25267872
In the land of the blind, you will starve to death if you refuse to eat until someone calls you beautiful.
>otherwise it may just be inflated ego detached from reality for all I know.
It is the ego that seeks validation from others. Let go of your ego, and the absence of validation from others will have no hold of your mood.
>>
>>25267920
>>25267994
I have tried to detach myself from wanting validation but it's difficult. Humans are social animals and it's not easy to rewire yourself to stop seeking affection. And I admit I feel a little deprived considering the vast majority of human beings are not pushed to these lengths of giving up on affection

If I didn't want love, I wouldn't care about what kind of person I am

But I do want love, and I don't know if I can ever let go of that
>>
File: pepe bee.png (81 KB, 500x656) Image search: [Google]
pepe bee.png
81 KB, 500x656
JUST BEE YOURSELF

BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ
>>
>>25268158
>>25267994
Letting go of the ego is only half the battle. What remains is to create a positive anchor. This is where meditation comes in.
When you meditate, you will observe all the thoughts that float through your consciousness. Now, where did these thoughts originate from? You did not create them; they just were there, and by meditating you become aware of them. By observing them, you can distance yourself from them; reply "sure" and return your focus to breathing. Eventually, you can experiment with throwing in mantras as you refocus. "Love" is a common element in mantras. As you become aware that your attention has drifted away from your breathing, simply think "I am love" (or whatever mantra you prefer) as you refocus to breathing. This may sound silly. But if you try it for 15 minutes twice a day, morning and evening, for a week, you may experience great difference.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.