[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Robot weebs what anime should I watch I haven't seen any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 615x409
Robot weebs what anime should I watch I haven't seen any and I feel out of the loop:/
>>
>>30014020
Alway start with Death Note.
>>
File: 1467405403324.jpg (47 KB, 846x592) Image search: [Google]
1467405403324.jpg
47 KB, 846x592
>>30014052
after that?
>>
>>30015084
Depend on what you enjoyed the most about the show.
Enjoy thrill that keeps you clicking next episode, my recommendation is Kaiji: an underrated classic.
You should really watch some Studio Ghibli movies as well...they are mostly better than anime tv series.
You just have to discover your taste and keep watching, really.
>>
File: 1467412296297.jpg (47 KB, 483x504) Image search: [Google]
1467412296297.jpg
47 KB, 483x504
>>30015186
where do you go to watch anime, I've watched the ones on netflix, I don't know where you guys watch it
>>
If you are a robot, you should watch Welcome to the NHK, which is THE ultimate neet anime.
If you liked that you should see Tatami Galaxy.
A slightly more avant garde anime is Kuuchuu Buranko, if you are interested in stories about mental health and psychology.
I insist that you watch with subtitles rather than dubs, it gives you the real anime experience with superior acting, at least for most shows.
>>
>>30015239
Online. Here's my fav website:http://gogoanime.io/
>>
Remember
Subtitles> dubbing....almost always.
>>
What is the Trainspotting of anime?
>>
File: 1466550311922.gif (997 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
1466550311922.gif
997 KB, 500x278
>>30015355
thanks lad
>>30015334
will do
>>
>>30015355
I used to use kissanime for muh 1080p but recently the service has been shit and they still require you to remove adblock. This is the superior choice OP.
>>
>>30015392
Rarely any drug abuse in anime...there are dark comedies though. Welcome to the NHK, Zetsubou Sensei are the well known ones.
The trippiest anime I've seen is Mind Game. Warch paranoia agent, if you like the trippy psychological crime drama...but no drug abuse.
>>
>>30015084
FMA Original version I would say, it's my pick for best of all time.

Mirai Nikki has a pretty robot main character, but he almost turns normie in an instant. Also the main characters are basically kids.

If you have loads of time then you should watch Hunter x Hunter. It starts out like a kids-show, pokemon style and then takes some serious turns and touches on somewhat serious subjects. It's a very maturely written show, not that kinda Fairy Tail, SAO big tits fanservice, sexual joke filled, horny teenage boy catering, shallow humor anime. It's good.

Ajin is pretty decent too, nihilistic robot becomes hunted by the state because he's immortal and can be used as a test subject for torture and weaponry usage. It sounds like it's pretty boring if he's immortal, but shit does get real. It's short, but a second season is in production.

Owari no Serpah aka Seraph of the End is set in a post apocalyptic world, and civilization has been rekt for unapparent reasons, and there are vampires with superpowers who seem to be the dominant race now. Then main character gets to fight back using some haunted weaponry and shit get's cool and shit. It's not all action and asskicking though, it has likable characters, a deep plot, and even after two seasons you still don't know who the bad guys are, and what the endgame of all sides is.
>>
File: 1461366050981.png (82 KB, 263x253) Image search: [Google]
1461366050981.png
82 KB, 263x253
>>30014020
Welcome to NHK is a robot classic. Even if you don't like anime, it's a must for any robot.
>>
>>30015449
If you hate ads and want to use services that check for adblockers, check out uMatrix Origin. It allows you to selectively permit/forbid Scripts, Images, Cross-Site Requests, etc from INDIVIDUAL sources within the page.

That way you allow the site that checks for adblockers, while blocking the actual ad sites.

It's more hassle to cherrypick things per website, but gives you MUCH more control over what you're blocking.
>>
There is one overlooked somewhat robot-ish anime called "Aoi Bungaku: No Longer Human".
This deals with alienation and lack of self esteem and general mental degradation.
>>
>>30014020
"Welcome to the NHK"
"My teen romantic comedy is wrong as expected."
These are two classic robot anime
>>
>>30015780
It's basically the story of your life.
>>
File: 1459134360386.png (644 KB, 801x520) Image search: [Google]
1459134360386.png
644 KB, 801x520
You'll have to tell us more OP. What are you looking for? Just everything in general or something specific?
Fighting, mecha, slice of life, drama, sad, comfy, etc.
You also shouldn't totally write off reading some good manga too or maybe even a visual novel if you have a long attention span and want to experience a relationship you will never have.

Off the top of my head I'm thinking you'd like Kaiji, Kino's Journey, Cromartie high school (dubbed is better in this case), NHK, Angel beats, Eve no jikan, Jojo's bizarre adventure (manga is better. If you want to watch it go through part 1 and 2 and then switch to manga at part 3)
>>
>>30014020
I seriously don't know how can anybody over the age of 14 enjoy anime.
That shit is fucking cancer.
>>
>>30015992
watch good anime then you faggot
>>
>>30015980
Op here I just wanna see some qts bein cute with a good story
>>
>>30016907

Try HighSchool of The Dead.

Girls with big boobs in a zombie apocalypse.
>>
>>30015355
Don't be a pleb anon, use horrible subs for top quality subs(under NO circumstances watch dubbed anime)

http://horriblesubs.info/
>>
>>30016907
K-on, it's the flagship of cute anime imo
>>
>>30014020
what kind of movies do you like to watch?
can you list some of your favorites?
>>
>>30014020
Watch Clannad senpai
>>
>>30017162
Trainspotting, Resevoir Dogs, One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest, A Clockwork Orange, and It's Such a Beautiful Day just to name a few
>>
>>30014020
I have to give my vote to Welcome to the NHK. It actually had quite an effect on me.
>>
File: interesting not really.jpg (20 KB, 517x458) Image search: [Google]
interesting not really.jpg
20 KB, 517x458
>tfw all my anime-watching friends have nothing interesting to say about anime
"It was pretty good" is not enough.
>>
>>30014020
Steins;Gate I think was absolutely fucking amazing, best anime I've ever watched
>>
>>30014020

Try:

>The Tatami Galaxy (my favorite)
>Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru
>Samurai Champloo
>Welcome to the NHK
>Watamote
>FLCL
>Darker than Black
>Cromartie Highschool
>the monogatari series
>the world god only knows
>oreimo
>sayonara zetsubou sensei
>death note (provided you haven't already seen it)

I think this list gives you a moderate amount of variety while also giving you context to some of the anime girls/memes posted around 4chan
>>
>>30015239

moetube
kissanime
anilinkz.tv
>>
>>30015239
>>30017507
Kiss anime is fucking awful and is really slow, use the other ones
>>
>>30014020

I posted this before, but here's a list of my favorites:

Neon Genesis Evangelion
Steins;gate
Lain
Ergo Proxy
Bakemonogatari

I'm watching Ping Pong right now, and it's breddy gud as well. But I thought all of these were worth the time investment.
>>
File: 1421883139474.gif (211 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1421883139474.gif
211 KB, 1280x720
Could someone recommend some anime with "the suicide touch"? Containing suicides or a bit triggering?

Here's what I've seen so far
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/JisatsuKudasai
>>
I've been watching NHK for a while (episode 21 now) and I don't think it reflects the hikkikomori life. These guys actually get along with some people, know how to talk and express themselves, and got some girls after them, for Christ's sake.
Except for the brother of that girl, he was truly a Hikkikomori.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.