[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have OCD and General Anxiety Disorder. When I was a teenager,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3
File: aAOaZi8.jpg (69 KB, 717x576) Image search: [Google]
aAOaZi8.jpg
69 KB, 717x576
I have OCD and General Anxiety Disorder.

When I was a teenager, everything was fine. Yea I would have days where I would get panic attacks, and yea sometimes I'd be constantly worrying, but for the most part, it didnt affect me too much. I started smoking pot, and drinking with friends. Maybe I was self medication, I had never been on medication before.

Then I started to age into my 20's. My symptoms started to get way worse. Around 23 I was diagnosed with OCD as well. And now, Im almost 26, and everyday is a struggle.

I know you guys will probably say that GAD and OCD are bullshit disorders, or they arent real, but this shit hinders me every day.

I sometimes wonder if Im going to end up having to kill myself in the future, be cause Ive been come so fucking useless because of my disorders.
>>
They're not bullshit disorders, but you're a bullshit person for removing agency from your day-to-day and placing the blame squarely on these disorders.
Grow up and manage your life instead of stumbling day to day and letting your illnesses get the better of you.
>>
>>25171383
Thanks for sharing.
now,
>symptoms
for example? Could you greentext your struggles on one typical day? That would help some of us understand what its really like
>>
File: 0.jpg (27 KB, 594x595) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
27 KB, 594x595
>>25171899

Sure

Anxiety:
>Panic attacks, the main one. When these happen, there is nothing I can do. I have to try my hardest to calm myself down and focus on not losing my mind. I become a wall, its incredibly difficult for me function. I cant speak to anyone, not by choice but because my brain and body is only focused on one thing. These last usually about 10 minutes, but they arent fun.
>Memory and concentration problems, I have the memory of this gold fish. Its really bad, but I counter act it by keeping notes of everything, writing everything down, and using my smartphone to schedule appointments and events, and have it remind me 2 hours before the event and 24 hours before the event.
>Chronic Dyspnea. Literally at almost all times of the day. Makes it practically impossible for me work in fast paced environments. I become exhausted within 10 minutes.
>Chronic fatigue. Because my body is always anxious and in a high stress mode, Im always tired. I never feel full of energy or clear headed and rested. It wreaks havoc on my daily cognition, which is where the memory and concentration problems stem from.

Coninuted in next post.
>>
File: e5lWaD2.jpg (684 KB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
e5lWaD2.jpg
684 KB, 1520x2688
>>25172296

OCD:
>Constant checking. On average, whenever I leave my house to go out, I return about 2 - 3 times within 10 minutes. I go back and say "Oh, did I leave my door unlocked?", "Did I leave the stove/tap on?", "Did I leave my computer plugged in? What if a fire starts when Im not home because I left these electronics on/plugged in?". Even if I turn everything off and check 10 times that Ive turned things off before I leave (Which I do), my mind will still make me turn back and go and check.
>Intrusive thoughts. This is just another example, but If I leave my house, and I DONT go back, then my day is fucked. My mind will ruminate on these things, and I slowly become more and more panicked about the things I may have left on or havent checked when I left. I will eventually become a nervous wreck and lose my mind, until I eventually go home and check.

These are just a couple examples, but you have to remember, its not just limited to those things. It affects me in basically all aspects of my life.

And these are disorders that are much more commonly seen in women than men.
Unfortunately, I dont think most people take me seriously when I tell them about these issues, because Im a man, so I dont really bother anymore.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.