[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The debate is over. This guy won.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 26
File: 1454805580471.png (556 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1454805580471.png
556 KB, 800x800
The debate is over. This guy won.
>>
Every single fucking action is selfish.

This post is selfish. Hell, you're selfish for making this thread OP.
>>
>>29866589
True. When I want to end it all, I'll be sure to do a suicide-by-cop through a rampant shooting of some kind. Blast up a women's shelter or something.
>>
>>29866589
>her
subtIe
>>
>>29866589
>her

wow, women are incapable of feeling real empathy without making a tragedy about themselves

what a surprise
>>
>This person was selfish enough to push their beliefs and accusations on the wildly massive amount of suicidal people

What a prick.
>>
>>29866589
>her
Fucking kek.
>>
File: 1466188843489.png (268 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1466188843489.png
268 KB, 800x800
Guilting a suicidal person to not off themselves because it would make you feel bad is selfish
>>
>You might give one of our poor, brave girls PTSD if they have to discover you!
>Just live out your life in misery and pain. Who knows, it may have been going on day after day for years now, but maybe it will stop tomorrow! :^)
>>
ironically, saying this is more selfish than suicide. it takes the feelings of those who commit suicide completely out of account.
>>
>>29866589
>implying a woman would go near my body
>>
>>29866589
No I am 33 years old and this shit started when I was 15. People always said it would get better and truthfully its only gotten worse. I have my gun and I don't intend to be around much longer.

If your depression is so shallow you only have to wait a day to get over it. then its clear you didn't have much a problem to begin with. Furthermore there is no one to "reach out" to other than maybe immediate family. Most normies have their own problems and honestly have no idea how to deal with someone who is mentally ill. The best they can do is say shit like "just be your self" "it will get better" etc.
>>
File: mfw.gif (2 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
mfw.gif
2 MB, 300x300
>mfw OP's post shows someone being selfish by caring about other people's well-being
whoa
>>
File: 1464113841955.jpg (69 KB, 998x766) Image search: [Google]
1464113841955.jpg
69 KB, 998x766
>IT'S SELFISH BRO
And?
>>
>>29866589
Travel to Juarez, shoot yourself in cartel territory. Nobody there is going to be traumatized by your dead body.
>>
>>29866589

Why do people think shaming people who already hate themselves is an effective strategy?
>>
>>29866702
This honestly. Killing yourself is bad but if you truly see there being no way of you enjoying life than you should be allowed to kill yourself.
>>
if they really want to get rid of suicide, they need to create a huge group of 10/10 Chads and Stacey's that do nothing but charity fuck suicidal people
>>
>the person who finds you will be traumatized for the rest of their life
>feelings are transitory

These are contradictory statements.
>>
File: maximum lewd.gif (1 MB, 211x203) Image search: [Google]
maximum lewd.gif
1 MB, 211x203
>>29866809
>a huge group of 10/10 Chads and Stacey's that do nothing but charity fuck suicidal people
Man, I kinda wanna shoot myself suddenly...
>>
>tfw tried to kill myself at 16 and failed
>everyone related to me has tried to make me as happy as possible since then
>still just want to fucking die
>feel guilty

Cucked by life
>>
>implying i cant find a place to die no one will find me
The bottom of the sea comes to mind
>her
>implying if i were found it would be by a woman
Women dont tend to go out into far off, secluded areas
>implying i care about being selfish after dying
Oh geez stacey, sorry my CORPSE scared you. How could i be so thoughless?
>implying there is anything more selfish than making someone carry out a miserable existence of lonely self loathing to protect your feelings
Normies disgust me
>>
Sorry, but suiciding when you have friends, close family or your parents are still alive is selfish.

There is no other way of looking at it.

Inflicting the pain of loss onto others, arguably the worst pain there is, because you are suffering is selfish. It is an action that holds the needs of the self higher than others.

This isn't about making people feel guilty. It isn't about aggravating feelings of worthlessness. It's just a simple objective statement of fact. I don't give a shit if this fact makes anyone sadder or more suicidal. What's the point of lying to protect someones feelings.

Now, a real suicidal person wouldn't be bothered by this. They would say, "Yep. I'm a selfish prick. I freely acknowledge this. But I'm going to die anyway, so whatever. Goodbye *BANG*".
Only attention seeking "suicidal" people would be bothered by this statement because it threatens their victim narrative.

Like, fuck off. Just accept that suicide is inconsiderate and then either do it or don't. Don't make these stupid arguments.
>>
if someone tried to commit suicide I feel like I would just say if you feel low enough to kill yourself, then the only place you have to go is up. if you still want to jump/whatever, go ahead. just know you may regret it.
>>
>>29866923
I told someone I was suicidal around that age. They still bring it up every fucking year.
>Have you had any more thoughts like that since then?
Just let me fucking forget about it, I'm not suicidal anymore. It's really rude of them to keep reminding someone about the worst time of their life, even if it's because they care.
>>
>>29866982

let me add on to this. I believe the government does not have a right to say if a person can kill themselves, just like how I believe the government has no right to stop a woman from getting an abortion.

if a sane person wants to die, then they should have the right to do so
>>
File: sad wojak.png (6 KB, 204x248) Image search: [Google]
sad wojak.png
6 KB, 204x248
>>29866997
>tfw just no winning
btw how did you get past the wanting to kill yourself, whats the secret?
>>
>most selfish
>hardest thing imaginable
>traumatized for the rest of her life
Why do they reach so often for superlatives? It cannot just be difficult, it has to be the HARDEST THING IMAGINABLE.

Then there's this charming contradiction:
>traumatized by it for the rest of her life
>feelings are transitory
>>
>>29867057
I had a rather specific situation, I wasn't suicidal due to pure depression. I got up in some deep shit and almost killed myself to avoid the consequences. I just ended up chickening out and facing them. I'm being vague because I really really hate talking about it. The few people who were even aware of the whole ordeal I get mad at when they bring it up. Sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't have chickened out.
>>
Statistically, you're very likely to regret your decision as soon as the point of no return happens - this is evidenced by the reported experience of a majority of failed attempts that almost worked.

One of the most horrifying fates to me is the idea that, right before death, you realise how much of a mistake suiciding was, and end up with your very last moments filled with regret.

That's enough of an argument for me.
>>
>>29866589
>Le "suicide is selfish" meme

Everyone is selfish, welcome to the real world retard
>>
>>29867016

>if a sane person wants to die, then they should have the right to do so

Yeah, only sane people should be allowed to kill themselves.
Yeah, but since suicide in inherently irrational, anyone that wants to kill themselves insane.

Therefore, no one can kill themselves.
Seems like the system we have now is fine.
>>
I can think of a way that wouldn't happen

>be a loner with no family, friends, or connections
>make your way far out into the deep open ocean
>tie a cinder block to your foot
>jump into the ocean

The odds of anyone finding your body would be effectively zero, and nobody would grieve since they never knew you existed.
>>
File: Yasuna.png (196 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Yasuna.png
196 KB, 512x512
>>29866856
>expecting consistency out of normies
>>
>>29867096
They drop the whole

>just get over it, man up you worthless selfish piece of shit

thing faster than you can say "hypocrite" as soon as it concerns their own feelings.
>>
File: 1468183971359.png (73 KB, 574x818) Image search: [Google]
1468183971359.png
73 KB, 574x818
No one is gonna find my corpse.
Absolutely no one, trust me.
>>
>>29867131
Damn well im glad shit got better robot
>>
>>29866997
I told my mother I was feeling that way, she was distraught. She's a total normie.

I probably will off myself sooner or later, I don't want to spend 50/60 more years on this planet, alone.
>>
>>29866589
>her
Nice try roastie cunt.
>>
>>29866589
Bad argument, but the STEMsperg argument isn't any better.
>>29866809
There are no 10/10 women, only girls.
>>
>>29866589
>live in hood early part of life
>watch people get shot every few days
>later watch best friend of 3 years get roasted alive by electricity

Nah it isn't traumatic once you get used to it. Stop being such a bitch.
>>
>>29866769
Tbh its kind of a waste to just do the vanilla shoot self suicide, you only get one chance to die. Try to assassinate some politician or something at least
>>
>>29866589
>selfish
>wrong

pick one
>>
>>29867288
>>later watch best friend of 3 years get roasted alive by electricity
You have to give us this story
>>
File: ifnZn.png (123 KB, 1198x282) Image search: [Google]
ifnZn.png
123 KB, 1198x282
>>29867299
>hurr durr I have no idea how suicidal people work
I bet you believe in pic related too huh
>>
File: 1409712042019.jpg (11 KB, 172x124) Image search: [Google]
1409712042019.jpg
11 KB, 172x124
>>29867344
>There are actually people who unironically believe that
>>
>>29866972
You are right, I should kill them first. Just so they don't suffer.
>>
>>29867271
>I don't want to spend 50/60 more years on this planet
lol, I'm not even suicidal but I'm definitely gonna kill myself before I'm 60. I'm only 20 and already feel like I've seen enough ridiculous shit for one life.
>>
File: ITBEGINS.jpg (108 KB, 895x895) Image search: [Google]
ITBEGINS.jpg
108 KB, 895x895
>Feelings are transitory

Is this REALLY what normalfags think? Can they not see beyond their own fucking nose?
>I was sad once but I was happy the next day that's pretty much depression right xD

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29867344
>>29867373
Shit, I mostly believe this. I believe that once you're suicidal, you've got nothing to lose, and therefore you should just enjoy suddenly having no constraints. That mindset is the reason I'm alive and somewhat happy right now. I don't believe in all that "the world is beautiful go outside" bullshit, but I stopped considering suicide the moment I realized I truly wanted to end it, and just woke up the next morning knowing that the only thing that could possibly make me regret my decision is if I suddenly got captured and tortured. I took the next year by storm and became a much better version of myself, because I took every remotely reasonable risk. When you don't care so much about your own safety, it really opens up a world of possibilities.
>>
File: Not_today.jpg (112 KB, 900x773) Image search: [Google]
Not_today.jpg
112 KB, 900x773
>>29867556

>Thinking depressed individuals have any reason to "go on adventures" and aren't marred by psychological illnesses, Crippling self-doubt, Anxiety, or Existential dread.
>>
>>29866972
forcing a friend or family member to go trough the truly worst possible pain there is which is living a life that is perceived as not worth living is the real egocentrism

in every other context its understandably seen as the most self-absorbed thing to hinder someone from pursueing their dream because its bothers you

you are the one who makes stupid arguments that have been BTFO over and over again

you just cant accept that its the most obvious moral right to decide over your own fucking life
>>
>>29867603
Why need a reason? Wouldn't you rather go do literally whatever you want in the world? If it goes badly, sure, kill yourself, that makes perfect sense, and in that case I would agree with you, but why not at least give it a try?
>>
>being selfish
>bad

i'm an egoist nihilist and i haven't killed myself because i like life, but if you are 30 and your life is still shit you should kill yourself
>>
>>29867603
Stop being a worthless atheist, then.
>>29867659
Why is being selfish bad?
>>29867680
You're a worthless atheist is all you are.
>>
>>29866972
i cannot really grasp how dumb you are but one could literally just parallel your argument by swapping the suicidal person and his friends/family
>>
File: 1447028469529.png (48 KB, 400x389) Image search: [Google]
1447028469529.png
48 KB, 400x389
>>29867669

>Why need a reason

So do you just drift through life acting completely on impulse? Because I'm pretty sure I need a fucking reason before I do anything

Jesus christ you're thick
>>
File: 1445212151295.jpg (32 KB, 735x541) Image search: [Google]
1445212151295.jpg
32 KB, 735x541
>>29866589
>someone ... be traumatized for the rest of their life
>feelings are transitory

Nice contradiction ya got there bud
>>
>>29867669
That would mean that suicidal people are thinking logically, which they arent.
>>
Wait wait
So it isn't selfish to force someone to live against their will?
It's for the greater good, right?
That guy is a fucking joke
>>
File: 1468063310878.jpg (327 KB, 1110x684) Image search: [Google]
1468063310878.jpg
327 KB, 1110x684
>>29867556
>just do things that make you happy!
>haha what do you mean doing fun things doesn't make you happy

Off yourself if you think people with suicidal depression just need a vacation.
Fucking normalshits
>>
>>29867699
you can say to me whatever you want, i will ignore your judgement because my existance is only mine, only i can judge it.
>>
>>29866589
ok then I'll just go out into the woods and fucking kill myself and let the animals eat my corpse.
happy now???
>>
>>29867774
becuz i sed so
>>
>>29867733
The idea is that you've got basically nothing to lose. If you'd rather kill yourself in that situation though, go ahead. I'm not trying to save anyone, just offering my advice. If you don't wanna live, kill yourself. That also makes sense to me.

>>29867766
Again, if you don't enjoy living life without constraints then go ahead, enjoy that bullet, if it's what you really wanna do.
>>
>if you fell tempted remember that feelings are transitory and give yourself room to fell differently tomorrw
>tomorrow

i know this is bait but this bastardization of a sentence just struck me

proposing that you might feel better better " tomorrow" is literally the grossest and dumbest underestimation of suicidality ive seen in a while

to think that such a crippling toxitity of thaughts that resulted from years of accumulated despair could be "better" literally over night is just normalfaggoted insanity

they just dont want to realise that people have justified and serious suicidal thaughts and write it off as a freakin mood
>>
everyone should be a little selfish
>>
I've started rigirously planning my suicide, and I have to admit. It actually feels fucking amazing to finally have a goal. Some motivation to do something, even if that something is ending my own life. It's gonna take a couple months, I'm gonna pay back all the debt I owe, leave enough to cover my funeral, and go out in a pretty fool-proof way, planning to take a bottle of aspirin, tie a plastic bag over my head, slice wrists and jump off a cliff. I mean c'mon, even if I survive the fall I'm fucked. Yeah I feel a bit guilty and it's gonna be really hard for my family for a while. But they'll manage. I'm sure they saw this coming a decade ago anyway.
>>
I'm at a difficult conundrum where I dread living but I believe in an afterlife and I can't convince myself that dying will end my consciousness.

It sucks.
>>
>>29867868
You have to look at it as the deluded shouting opinion of someone who just doesn't know better. They're children. You can't reason with someone who is not capable of experiencing the horror of existence because they live in a thoughtless bubble.
>>
>>29866589
>Rest of her life
>Her
Kek, maybe I will be able to loose my touch virginity after I die guys
>>
>>29868077
>horror of existence
why do atheists propagate this meme
>>
>>29867659

No one is forcing you to keep on living

By pointing out the obvious fact that suicide is selfish, no one is putting up a magic anti-suicide forcefield around you that stops you from killing yourself.

I don't give a shit if people kill themselves or not.

I'm going to keep saying the truth whether it upsets you or not.

I don't know why you feel the need to argue your point. It must be because you are one of those people who always talk about suicide and how suicidal you are, but never actually do it. You use it for sympathy points and when someone points out that suicide is a selfish act, oh no, you aren't a victim anymore.

Either do it or don't mate. But either way, accept that suicide is selfish and stop arguing it.
>>
>>29868111
>why do atheists propagate this meme

see >>29868077

I'm using that right now
>>
>>29868133
English please, I don't speak autism.
>>
>>29868113
>I'm right because I'm right! If you argue with me that just proves I'm right!
>>
>>29868113
>i dont see why you feel the need to argue your point

> i cannot comprehend that your opinion differs from mine and i dont even bother to try to adress your arguments

are you retarded ?

you literally just admitted defeat
>>
>>29868113
>No one is forcing you to keep on living
Are you shitting me you absolute fucking retard?
People do nothing but force you to stay alive, why do you think suicide is technically a crime? Why do you think that the suicide hotline sends cops to your house? Why do you think people constantly heap guilt onto suicidal people?
We have no choice but to continue to exist in this hell.
>>
>>29866589
suicide is selfish

wanting them to not kill themselves is also selfish

nobody has the higher moral ground you faggots
>>
>>29868113

>no one is forcing you to keep on living

except they literally do in every way possible

actual suicidal people are always forced to go into a mental institution you moron
>>
>>29868259
This. I tried to kill myself and lost all my autonomy when I failed. They put me through the gamut of meds and therapy to try to convince me "hurdurr life is worth living :^)"
Didn't fucking work. I still want to kill myself every day. As soon as they stop micromanaging me I'm going to do it the right way.
>>
>>29868204

>why do you think suicide is technically a crime?
What the fuck are they going to do? Charge you after death?
>Why do you think that the suicide hotline sends cops to your house?
If you were set on commiting suicide, why would you ring the fucking hotline? You know that they are going to stop you?
>Why do you think people constantly heap guilt onto suicidal people?
The guilt you feel is your own. No one can stop you. No one has that control over your life.

Killing yourself isn't that fucking hard at all.

Suicide is fucking selfish and you know that.
You know it is true in your heart of hearts.
You know how I know that you realize that?

Because I wouldn't be fucking talking to you right now otherwise.
If you really believed suicide wasn't selfish, you would have killed yourself long ago.
And yet here you are, on the internet abusing me for stating a fact that you already know to be true.
>>
>>29867288
>>later watch best friend of 3 years get roasted alive by electricity

Was he executed in prison or something?
>>
>>29868366
Nigger I JUST said I tried to kill myself in this post >>29868307
It failed and now my freedom to die is gone.
>>
>>29868373
He stuck a fork in the wall socket.
Rest in Peace Big Rob, I'll never forget you.
>>
Im fucking dead. What do I care if it was selfish.
>>
>>29868307
>>29868259

You are confusing real suicidal people for the "cry for help" type suicidal people.

Real suicidal people jump off bridges or shoot themselves or other things that guarentee death.

No one can put them in an institution, no one can control their lives, no one can do shit.

If you swallow a bunch of pills or slit your wrists in your parents house even though you know you would probably be caught, that's a cry for help.

I don't think cry for help suicides are selfish. If you need to express yourself, you gotta do what you gotta do. Even though it causes people pain, it doesn't cause as much pain as a real suicide.
>>
I doubt anyone ready to kill themselves cares about being selfish
>>
>>29868474
Fuck you I tried hanging myself in a private location so nobody would find me. I don't want to be found. I don't want to be saved. I just want to let go.
But you horrible horrible people won't. fucking. let. me.
>>
>>29868366
you are the most ignorant arseclown i ever encounterd

you didnt even bother to adress my arguments in >>29867659

and you just keep on repeating bullshit like " you know it in your heart of hearts "

you are just too dumb to seperate feelings from morality

of course we are bothered by the possible pain that our parents/friends would suffer but thats totally irrelevant while talking about the morals of suicide

youre a silly ignorant and dumb sack of shit
>>
>>29868499
lol no ones stopping you, you idiotic fuck

if you really want to die you'd have done it

jump off a building, walk into high speed traffic, suicide by cop etc etc...
>>
>>29868545
>lol no ones stopping you,
EXCEPT THEY COMPLETELY DID STOP ME
How are you not getting this??
>>
>>29868559
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

try again faggot
>>
File: Business_Frog.png (152 KB, 616x725) Image search: [Google]
Business_Frog.png
152 KB, 616x725
>Live in capitalist society
>Get a job that I like because I'm selfish
>Spend the money that I make on what I need/want because I'm selfish
>Marry a girl that I like because I'm selfish
>Buy a house that we like because we're selfish
>Lease a car that is practical because we're selfish
>Read what I want to read because I'm selfish
>Get my news from a certain news station because I'm selfish
>Play video games that I like because I'm selfish
>Can't kill myself because that "would be selfish"!
>Tfw my environment and nearly everyone else's is dictated by self-interest
>Tfw the penultimate selfish act is considered criminal, because it's selfish
>>
>>29868594
Jesus christ that's not even a response to my post at all.
>>
>>29866589
>traumatized for life
>feelings are transitory
ayy
>>
>>29868499

Yeah, sure m80.
Obviously you didn't go into the woods or anything like a person who was intent on killing themselves would.

It is really hard to fuck up killing yourself when you really mean it.

You're a lost cause. But you are still holding on because you realize that suicide is selfish.

It's sad to know that once you do finally convince yourself that everyone else is selfish and you are a special little victim and the whole world is against you and wah wah wha... you will actually try and kill yourself for reals.

I feel sorry for your family. Completely villified in your narcisstic world view. But hey, maybe you'll live through your edgy emo phase and you will look back on this time of your life with embarrassment
>>
>>29868366
>if you were set on commiting suicide why would you ring the fucking hotline

come on dont pretend the massive pressure and stigma that is upon on does not affect us
>>
>>29868647
>all these assumptions
>all this projecting
I'm wasting my time here
>>
>>29868606
Capitalism is bad for robots, but so is everyone system.
>>
>>29868520

>you are just too dumb to seperate feelings from morality

Nope. That is you.

What do you even get out of arguing against reality anyway?

Are you suicidal yourself, but you won't do it until you convince everyone in the world that actually, people are selfish for not wanting to kill themselves?

Will you neck yourself once I give you the blessing and say to you that you are a victim?

No. Fuck you. If you want to kill youself, then fine. I have no control over you.
But just accept the reality that you are selfish.
>>
File: happy_oj.jpg (33 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
happy_oj.jpg
33 KB, 600x400
>>29868647
You sound like a person who knows he's lost the argument but who's too upset to stop responding
>>
>>29868474
you act as if the massive social stigma of suicide would not affect us

of course we are trying to seek betterments but we are fucking pathologized if we are admitting suicidality

you act as if every word to another person about your suicidality would indicate faked attentionseeking suicidality

your oversimplified views may be convenient but theyre stupid
>>
>>29868771
That's cause he is. Honestly my man you need to leave the thread and take a breather, its obvious that youre getting mad.
>>
>>29868757
okay at this point this is clearly bait

youre just repeating your slogan over and over again without adressing counterarguments
>>
>>29868757
and btw i just want to defend fellow robots who chose the path of suicide
>>
>>29868771
>>29868813

Okay. I admit it. I lost the argument.
I was arguing from emotion, and your worldview is correct.

Suicide isn't selfish. Suicide is rational. You are the victim. People wanting to stop you are selfish.

Alright. So now I suppose you are going to log off your computer and kill yourself right now, right? We've accepted that suicide is the best course of action, so I guess this is goodbye. See you on the other side, friend.

Or maybe you're not going to kill yourself. Maybe you'll be back here tomorrow, and the day after that, and the day after that with your vitriol and abuse.
Maybe you'll keep on hanging on because at the back of your mind, you know I'm right. You know you are doing a shitty thing by killing yourself and suicide isn't rational.
You'll never convince yourself that suicide isn't selfish. You conscience and inherent sense of what is right will keep you here. Keep you around long enough until you grow out of your edgy suicide phase
>>
>>29868993
You sound panicked

Relaxxxxxx. Its okay to lose an argument
>>
File: 1455745906152.png (165 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1455745906152.png
165 KB, 512x512
>>29868993
Your argument fails to acknowledge that the people who you're arguing with dont have to be suicidal to argue that suicide isn't selfish, so the whole thing falls apart. Please take a breather anon.
>>
>>29869068

Oh, whatever m80-0

I doubt you would be making such emotional, irrational arguments if you weren't somewhat suicidal yourselves.

Why does it bother you so?
I though the argument was self evident.

Forcing people to go through the pain of loss because of a phase you are going through is an action that is focused on the needs of the self over others. ergo, selfish.

There's no way around it. Sorry.
>>
File: steve_o.jpg (24 KB, 453x453) Image search: [Google]
steve_o.jpg
24 KB, 453x453
>>29869140
The more lines it has, the less I'll read. You need to step away from the computer and calm down
>>
>>29869140
Using the fact that people are disagreeing with you doesn't mean its supporting your claim. Learn to take opposition you big baby.
>>
>>29869068
this

i dont want to end my life in the foreseeable future

>inherent sense of what is right

that is just literally admitting that youre arguing from emotion

of course every human has an instinct to live like every animal does

this has just nothing to do with morality

morality is not decided by freakin instincts
>>
>>29869140
were reaching levels of retardation that shouldnt even be possible

this anon keeps on shouting his arguments while ignoring every single shred of counterargument that is presented
>>
>"Reaching out for help"

People HATE suicidal people, anon.

They call them "emotional vampires", "manipulative", etc.

Then they'll turn around and say, "You can always tell me what's wrong", "I'm here for you", and "Don't hold back your feelings".

Normies are so full of shit.
>>
>>29869186
>>29869202
>>29869225

righto, friendos. Whatever you say.
I'd even hardly call this an argument. Right now, everyone is just denying the truth. I think you all need to step away from the computer and take you prescriptions.

Let the fluoxitine kick in and you are all going to start suddenly agreeing with me.
>>
>>29866627
Godspeed anon, be sure to get the high score.
>>
>>29866589
>her
Women are so detached from reality it's insane.
>>
File: happy_zone_plane_8.png (505 KB, 757x424) Image search: [Google]
happy_zone_plane_8.png
505 KB, 757x424
>>29869326
>no sober person would agree with me

thanks for admitting it
>>
>>29869326
i bet you couldnt even recall the counterarguments against you because you didnt even bother to listen
>>
>>29866589
>HER LIFE
>HER

Good. Fuck the stupid bitch who finds it. Why should I care, I'm dead. Fuck any normie that says otherwise. What thing do I have the most control over besides my life? Nothing. They think they can control everything, but I'm in control and I hope the stupid bitch who does find it, and it's going to be a woman apparently, gets traumatized and has nightmares of my gore. Serves that bitch right for being a woman. Why should I care. I don't. I'm dead.
>>
how's "project normalize" coming along? did any robots get flipped yet?
>>
>>29866589
Feelings are transitory.
They'll get over me eventually.
>>
>goto the looney bin drug peddlers place to get counseling
>get there and obviously get treated like your run-of-the-mill victim drug addict
>bombarded with questions about what drugs i did and what meds my insurance can cover
>"i just want an opinion......"
>people look at me like i'm fucking crazy
>the nurse is a bitch and tells me their drugs are going to be better than cannabis
>nurse says, "well, weed doesn't seem to be helping much?"
>tell her i was having problems before i even started smoking
>can hear nothing but crickets afterwards

lets face it. getting counseling from the state is probably less than ideal. i would rather have it privately if i could afford it.
sitting in the same room with crackheads and alcoholics who sabotaged their own lives doesn't make sense and then the state makes all their money off of the meds, their goal is to get you on meds at all costs.
>>
File: qLct2UFeycU.jpg (48 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
qLct2UFeycU.jpg
48 KB, 540x540
>>29866589

I think the most one could say about this line of argument is that it suggests suicide as a selfish act, not the most selfish act. It certainly provides an argument for why suicide is selfish, but not why it's more selfish than anything else, and I can easily think of things that would qualify as more selfish.

For instance, if I were a person who enjoyed scaring and damaging other people, I could kidnap someone, murder them, and then leave their body some place where I know they will be found by someone else; perhaps even someone that loves the person I murdered. This would absolutely be more selfish under the exact same logic, because I've created the body-finding scenario, and I didn't even use my own body to do it, I selfishly utilized someone else's.
>>
File: 537129723.jpg (360 KB, 752x1024) Image search: [Google]
537129723.jpg
360 KB, 752x1024
>>29868757
>People are selfish for not wanting to kill themselves?

I guess it could be argued as such. Let's say your existence provides nothing but a financial and emotional drain for the majority of those who've the displeasure of knowing you. Those circumstances acknowledged, isn't it selfish not to?

I don't see how being a victim is relevant either, being a victim is cause for offing yourself? A victim should seek redemption, no?

here is a picture of stalin
>>
>>29866589
>her
It was probably written by a woman to a drug junkie Chad. They don't give a fuck about robots. Robots have literally NOBODY that would give a shit. We could kill ourselves and our corpse would be out there for probably a month before someone would realize something's up.
>>
Alright, since people are having a bit of trouble facing facts, lets go through the arguments

>Stopping someone from committing suicide is selfish
You could argue that stopping a psychotic from jumping from a building because he thinks he can fly is selfish. Because "we shouldn't interfere with his personal". But that is stupid. Likewise, it's stupid to argue that restricting a person with another mental illness i.e. suicidality is selfish.

>by guilting someone, you are stopping them from carrying out their wishes, which is wrong, even if it is suicide
Any feelings of guilt you have concerning killing yourself are your own. If you feel like you are being guilted, it's because you know what you are doing is a shitty thing. And also, ultimately, if someone is making you feel guilty, it isn't stopping you or restraining you from anything. When someone says "suicide is selfish", you haven't been robbed of the ability to kill yourself. You have just been exposed to something that you know is true. So you made the choice to not kill yourself. It was your choice. No one is stopping you.

>I'm just defending people who make the choice to kill themselves
I'm not attacking anyone. I'm just stating a fact which is obvious. Suicide is selfish. If you have a problem with that, I am sorry.
>>
My dad killed himself a month ago and honestly I'm happy for him. Lucky bastard gets to be dead while I'm still hanging around worrying about rent and car payments. Maybe I'll join him.
>>
>>29866784
Because they don't care about the person; they only care about feeling good about themselves. If there's a heaven, they're surely in for a rude awakening.
>>
>>29869599
I thought you actually took people's advice and calmed down and left

Oh well
>>
>>29869714

yeah, well, suggesting I leave the thread isn't an argument, laddie.

It's just pathetic
>>
>>29866589

>black text on a green background
>no capitalization

So deep...really makes you think.
>>
>>29869599
The selfishness of the act is irrelevant. If being suicidal is akin to a mental illness, you'd know better than to guilt trip.

You are showing you lack empathy and compassion and don't actually take the matter seriously. All you are doing is feeding your own ego, which is worthless. You are selfish, therefore you should commit honorable suicide for the sake of humanity.
>>
>>29869846

I just want to stress the point:
It isn't about guilt tripping.
it isn't about attacking anyone.
It's just an emotionless, objective statement of fact. Suicide, looking at it from all angles, is a selfish act.

If that causes depressed people to feel bad, then I am truly sorry. But I can't change reality. this is how it is
>>
>>29869599
you just repeated the same shit over again

> you just know its true that suicide is selfish

are you listening to yourself ? of fucking course every animal posseses an inherent will to live but i has nothing to do with morality

>if someone is making you feel guilty it isnt stopping you or restraining you from anything

are you serious ? of course everyone is highly affected and restrained by that we arent all sociopaths

>no one is stopping you

thats just insane and repetitive the moment you admit your suicidality is the moment fucking everyone is trying to stop you

and its simply oversimplified to write everyone off as an attentionwhore who admits his suicidality as i argued here >>29868782
but you didnt bother to respond

>You could argue that stopping a psychotic from jumping from a building because he thinks he can fly is selfish. Because "we shouldn't interfere with his personal". But that is stupid. Likewise, it's stupid to argue that restricting a person with another mental illness i.e. suicidality is selfish.

youre denying that people can make a rational case for their suicidality depressed people stay rational and can make a clear and humane case for their suicide

and at last youre proving your dumbness by not even adressing the main arguments in >>29867659
>>
>>29869927
youre not impressing anybody by repeating your slogans, pleb
>>
>>29869927
It is true that most suicide is selfish. But it is not always selfish. Your trivialization of the matter is disgusting, so you can do the world a favor by committing selfless suicide.
>>
>>29869599
how on earth could you justify forcing a human being to continue to live ?

its irrelevant that they arent able to force you in every case

they are doing everything in their power to force you

how could you justify this force ?
>>
>>29869944

The only reason why I keep repeating myself is everyone seems to ignore everything I'm saying.

Anyway, my main point is that suicide is selfish. If you make that choice, you have to accept that fact.
And you do have that choice. You always have a choice. Nobody is stopping anyone but their own selves. And that's good. Because that tells me they still have a conscience and refuse to do that selfish act
>>
>>29870003

I'm not here to show compassion and I don't care if I'm trivializing anything.
Suicidal people already get enough compassion.

This isn't the suicide hotline. This is the reality hotline
"Hello and thank you for calling. Killing yourself is selfish and you are a prick for doing it. Goodbye"
>>
>>29870196
So you just want to jerk yourself off? At least have the courtesy to keep your habits to yourself instead of show it off to everyone, you selfish hypocrite.
>>
>>29870143
i have adressed everything you said in detail

youre just too vain and dumb to accept youre wrong
>>
>>29870196
youre probably a christfag anyway that is not even allowed to think otherwise
>>
File: 1453033838696s.jpg (3 KB, 125x107) Image search: [Google]
1453033838696s.jpg
3 KB, 125x107
>>29870143
>you have to accept my opinion as fact
>>
>>29870143
>If you make that choice, you have to accept that fact.
The problem is other people clearly can't accept their own selfishness. Keep pretending you're a good person. You can't even kill yourself to make the world a better place wew
>>
>>29866589

A family friend of ours put himself in a trash compactor, I guess someone eventually found his body but it was a garbage worker who had likely seen similar things before and was more well equip to handle it (my brother works at a landfill and he has seen some shit.)
>>
>>29867281
>the STEMsperg argument
What's that?
>>
>>29870196

>Suicidal people already get enough compassion.

Maybe they don't.
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 668x501) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 668x501
>>29866589
>finding a dead body
>scarred for life

It really depends on who it is and where you find it.

Eg. Finding a stranger's corpse in the woods is not necessarily perminently scarring. I'm sure it'd be a really disgusting, fucked-up experience, but if that's enough to derail your entire life, you'd have to be prety fragile to begin with.
>>
>>29866589
>live 40 years in pain to avoid making normies uncomfortable
I bet these guys think meat comes from the trees and kids don't die in cancer.
>>
>>29866589
>package and label all your stuff neatly, either to be sold or stored. Get rid of anything that is not not worth something to reduce cleanup
>leave enough money with a family lawyer or some other entity to pay for people to pick up and transport your shit, pay for a modest funeral, Google costs related to deaths in your country
>if you don't want a will, leave a short note with your wishes regarding your possessions and funeral, explain it's your choice and no one else's fault. It won't make things easier for the family but in some cases might help in the long term. In either case it's not your problem, you can't predict how people will react.
>(optional) if shooting self or some other messy method, try to limit damage and property by placing plastic sheets in the room to reduce splatter.
>call police, tell them your address and that you'll be dead when they arrive. Hang up, shoot self / some other QUICK method. Don't let then talk to you for long. The people who arrive will be professionals and there's a high chance they've dealt with similar situations before.
>if you don't have access to a fast and reliable method like a gun, you can delay the arrival of authorities by using traditional mail and use slower methods like hanging. In these cases it will be unclear how long the authorities will take to find you, so there's a slim chance you'll be discovered by someone else. However I would not recommend other fast yet more public methods like jumping or trains.

That's how I've thought it through anyway. There is no way to avoid affecting someone as long as you have family, but you can make it as easy as possible.
It's horrible to imply that a person shouldn't be allowed to end their life if it is their wish like the op image does. Control over our own life and death is the most fundamental right a human being can have.
>>
>>29867344
>>29867556
>feeling INCREDIBLY bad
>you just want to STOP feeling
>only way is to STOP existing

>LOL BRO THE WORLD IS YOUR OYSTER BRO LMAOOO 420 YOLO
>>
>>29866589
You will die one way or another. So whether you "traumatize" someone now or in 40 years, there's no difference.

This shouldn't be your reason to live.
>>
>>29869647
What if God plays by normie rules
>>
>>29866589
>her
Cheeky cunt

>reaching out for help
Lmao go fuck yourself
>>
>>29874047
Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven.
>>
>implying a cop finding my body hasn't seen plenty of bodies before
kek
>>
>>29866589
Suicidal people already feel like bad people, sometimes made to feel that way by the people around them. So they may feel they're doing everyone a favor by self-terminating.

Good job telling them they're bad people either way, it'll surely make them happy to be damned no matter what. At least your feelings weren't hurt, that's what matters most after all.
>>
>>29866589
The second and third paragraph contradict each other.
>>
>>29866627
How edgy of you. Loser
>>
>>29866665
How is it a tragedy that some homo kills himself?

Also empathy doesn't mean what robots think. It's not "retardedly agree with robots"
>>
>>29866589
wtf i hate suicide now
>>
>find a body
Unlikely if you plan it well
>traumatized for lyfe
Most people see dead bodies either at work or during normal activities at some point of their life. It doesnt even traumatize people,just shakes em up.

>her
Fucking hell,why is the gender important here.

Also theres nothing wrong with being selfish
>>
>>29874439
It doesn't mean "agree with normies" either (saying they're retarded is redundant). I hope she finds the body.
>>
>suicide is the most selfish act possible

No, not really. There are more selfish acts possible.
>>
if you are traumatised by finding a random persons dead body you should contemplate suicide.
>>
ill just put up a sign that says "dead body inside"
>>
>>29867669
>whatever you want in the world?

A lot of suicidal people don't WANT to do anything, that's kind of a problem.
>>
>>29869398
JUST take your hormone blocker yolo
>>
>>29866589
Are they fucking kidding me?

If I want to die, it's my choice. We all do what's best for ourselves. If a person feels that "muh trauma" after they've found someone that went against an organism's base desire to remain alive is more important, they should go and fuck themselves. What's more selfish than "this person decided to kill themselves because that to them was LITERALLY better than living but seeing a dead body upsets me and that's more important :(("?
>>
>>29867016
>just like i think the government doesnt mave the right to stop a woman from getting an abortion
stopped reading there
>>
>>29866665
That is true af
>>
>>29866730
>
I agree w that, sometimes I'm feeling really bad and w suicidal thoughts and everyone gets angry w me bc of my mood, but I cant handle it,its horrible desu.
>>
>>29876863
This desu
I feel horribly guilty for being suicidal but I don't know what else to do
>>
>>29867166
>Yeah, but since suicide in inherently irrational, anyone that wants to kill themselves insane

anything near to an argument is needed here not just a bold assertion
>>
>>29866589
>live another 50 years of suffering so that someone doesn't have to pretend to feel bad for about a week
the people who say "suicide is selfish" are actually the most selfish ones.
Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.