[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Finally move out >Life instantly improves dramatically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10
File: why-00057.jpg (41 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
why-00057.jpg
41 KB, 1280x720
>Finally move out
>Life instantly improves dramatically
>>
>>29844172
>move out
>slowly start not caring about things like cleaning or washing clothes
>clothes strewn everywhere
>get out of bed (dont wash sheets) and get on computer
>fap into sock
>browse 4chinz
>go to sleep

i dunno man this is kinda bad
>>
File: 1461791597378.jpg (77 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1461791597378.jpg
77 KB, 800x800
>try heroin
>Life instantly improves dramatically
>>
>>29844172
did u get a nice job?
>>
>kill self
>life instantly imp--
>>
>>29844172
>tfw live in LA
it's too expensive for me to move out
>>
File: 1287014285633.jpg (49 KB, 387x563) Image search: [Google]
1287014285633.jpg
49 KB, 387x563
>>29844172
How does it feels knowing that life wasn't really so bad and most of your suffering is 100% your parent's fault?

I thought I was too edgy for hating them when I was a teen but when I moved out I realized they created the overwhelming majority of my troubles.
>>
>>29844172
>>29844918
Does it really improve? Im saving to move out in about a year. Good to hear it better without overbearing parents always around.
>>
>>29845091
It improves 100 fold lad
No one breathing down your throat or asking stupid questions or just trying to fill in silence, no one getting on at you for the most stupid fucking things. It's amazing
>>
>>29844918
What problems did you have with your parents
>>
I think my life would improve dramatically if I lived on my own. I'd be in control of my own life. I currently pay rent and in exchange they feed me and stuff and let me use their Internet but their Internet is shit and I don't like their cooking and I could buy my own food but then I'd be using their fridge and their shitty kitchen. I think it would feel more rewarding if I had my own place.

I'd clean up after myself and cook for myself and arrange the furniture myself and it would be fun! I could watch anime on a TV in the living room and stuff!
>>
No benefit to moving out currently. I live with my parents and I don't pay rent, they buy food, and I have a good relationship with them. I dated a girl and she didn't mind that I lived at home because I have money in the bank and obviously could afford to move out if I wanted.
>>
File: 1444186858154.jpg (355 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1444186858154.jpg
355 KB, 1000x750
>Get kicked out
>Still have no motivation to do anything
>Feel restless all day, dream of suicide
>Talk to myself constantly
>Get drunk and eat fuck loads of fast food every 3 days or so
>Self restraint is barely holding up, keep wanting to get hard drugs and spend the last of my money on a prostitute
>Exercise and my doggo are the only things keeping me from self harm and absolute self hatred
>Fully expect to be homeless by december

I'm an adult now.
>>
File: 1462377952000.jpg (10 KB, 250x233) Image search: [Google]
1462377952000.jpg
10 KB, 250x233
>>29844172
>>29844854
>>29844918
I am also moving out very soon. With my brother because we are going to start a business and rent is easier as 2. I have been NEET for 6 months straight since I dropped out of college.

Home is an unlivable hoarder's nest mess made by my parents. They stunt my growth by saying I have to work full time and give it all home. They say we are poor but dad actually makes six figures and we are sitting on over $150,000 of savings.

I have begged them to let me clean this hellhole up but they went out of their to not let me. My brother begs them to give us start up capital for our business but they won't.

We don't have a car and live in a shitty neighborhood so we can't go out. They wonder why we sit at home all day bored out of our minds depressed and doing nothing.

>tfw I worked 2 fulltime summers and didnt keep a cent
>tfw i worked part time while being a student and same thing
>>
>>29845643
>Nitpicked every decision I took which made me extremely insecure.
>Shamed me whenever I tried to improve myself (Like going to the gym or trying to learn a new language)
>Refused to do things that would have drastically improved quality of life out of laziness/stupidity.
>Made a huge drama out of simple problems that would take 5 minutes to solve.
>They were extremely afraid of people who made them feel inferior. (I couldn't have wealthier, smarter or healthier friends than us) so that left me to deal with the scum of society.

Basically a self fulfilling prophecy of stupidity and poverty. You know how fat families have fat pets and fat children? Like that.
>>
File: 1464186621053.jpg (137 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1464186621053.jpg
137 KB, 1024x683
>>29844918
>>29845556
>>29845868
all of this and saya no uta is great vn

Anon your posts hit the nail on the head and I am so happy I can relate to them
>>
>>29844918
>>29845091

>tfw finally got a job
>job security is extremely good and pay is above average

I'm ready to move out but I just feel obligated to help my parents pay off their debts. They have this whole plan to buy a house to pass down to me but they're fucking like 60 now, neck deep in debt, and we're living in a shithole. Basically I have two options now; stay with my parents and help them pay off their debts so all three of us can work towards a house or cut off my family ties so I can live on my own and experience life at its fullest.
>>
My life stayed pretty much exactly the same.

Then again I have money, my parents have money, and I pretty much take care of myself anyways. I moved back in with them for the year to get a down payment, moving out next month!
>>
File: 1441607745283.jpg (66 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
1441607745283.jpg
66 KB, 722x349
>Home is an unlivable hoarder's nest mess made by my parents.

Jesus, this so much. My parents have 12 dogs and 20 (yes, TWENTY) fucking cats in their house. The vet they go to is a longtime family friend, and every time some cunt drops an animal off at the vet because they don't realize it's not a shelter, they call my parents and they just cannot say no.

It's a reasonably big house and my mom quit her job in order to fully take care of all the animals, so there's not like piles of cat food and animal shit everywhere like you'd expect, but the house is literally designed AROUND the animals now.

Moving out was the best decision I ever made, as much as I love my parents, they are fucking insane and living there was unhealthy.
>>
>18 in my last year of high school (tecnic HS, 4 years)
>have never had a job and the next two semesters I will be doing social services and practices in order to graduate so I won't have time to work
>my dad doesn't have a stable income, my mom who has been the provider for the last year just lost her job
>we have no savings

wew
e
w
>>
>>29845956
Just remember that having good intentions doesn't make people guiltless when they commit mistakes.

If you fuck up, you can't expect others to save you. Even parents should understand this.
>>
>fucked up in highschool
>got good grades in English-based classes but horrific on math-based classes
>couldn't apply for any bachelors of science
>parents wanted me to go to Uni anyways
>got accepted for an arts degree
>already selected my courses just so my parents don't flip out and get anxiety over me not going to Uni this september
>anxious as fuck about my lack of job opportunities and the fact that I'm going to hate my time there

what the fuck do I do

my indecision and lack of organization fucked me in the ass this time and now I'm never going to have money ever
>>
>>29845956

You'll just have to pay for the house over again if they pass it down to you most likely from estate taxes

if they can even keep it through old age from medical expenses. Best thing you can do is to try and help them learn to finance. Probably hard in their old age.
>>
>>29845956
They want to buy a house for themselves lmao. They are stringing you along so that you'll help them do it out of guilt. The fact that you'll inherit it when they die is a distant murmur in the back of their minds.
>>
>>29845713
Lol. I tried various hard drugs and didn't even like any of them. There are no solutions anon.
>>
>>29845764
You're going to lose the money if you try to start a business you crazy person. It's almost impossible to make more than you would from a normal job unless you are either super extroverted or really into strange economic niches and like jewing people before they can jew you.
>>
>Tell my mom I'm moving out at the start of next year
>She tells me if I move out before I'm 30 I don't love her and she's never speaking to me ever again

Has anyone else dealt with this at all? How did it go?

Italian parents if it's not obvious.
>>
>>29847187
I am doing it 100% of out the money I save in current budget plan. The transition is also seamless from my current job to that business. If it is not going to work, it will be clear early on. What you are telling me in your post just sounds like discouragement.
>>
>>29847347
That is a bluff. Your mom is a female with fucking female feelings.

if your parents will be off financially better (however dont let them lie to you about this like mine) from you moving out, then you just have to grow the bigger balls in the game of "emotional chicken"

>move out
If she really loves you she will not let the familial relationship between you 2 die
>>
My mom is dead and I never knew my dad.
Honestly I think it's better this way, I've been alone since I was 12. I'm very independent now
>>
>>29844743
>a few months latter it all goes to shit
>people you though you were cool start fucking each other over
>realize I'm pretty much just around because I have a car
>literally no money and pawning off my shit
>>
i can't even comprehend how people afford to live alone.

I only make $1000 a month in backbreaking part time work, and I'm already mentally drained.

>go straight to sleep after work
>wake up late for work
I can't handle this, how do people do this for 50 years.
>>
I'm hoping to get some advice on my situation: I'd like to move out, and I've made friends with a chill dude who's keen to be room mates, but I don't want to move out until my dog dies. You see, my dog, like most dogs, loves walks. It's the highlight of his day. I'm the only one who takes him and I know that my parents wouldn't do it if I wasn't here. If I left, he would probably fall into some sort of canine depression and I'd feel guilty for abandoning him like that. So I've made a rule for myself that I won't move out until he passes away.

What are your thoughts on this?
>>
>>29848035
Take him with you or maybe just visit parents house every day to walk him? Tell them to give you keys. Not hard.
>>
File: 1454340043207.jpg (25 KB, 250x201) Image search: [Google]
1454340043207.jpg
25 KB, 250x201
>>29848035
>lowering the quality of your own life to olease a stinking useless animal whose only love for you is based on the fact that you give him food
>>
>tfw can't get a job to move out
>tfw forever stuck in misery
I'll probably get kicked out before the years up and end up freezing to death.
>>
>>29848104
I appreciate your advice, but I don't think it would work in my situation.

>Take him with you
He's a big dog and I'd be moving into a small apartment. I can't imagine pets being allowed.

>maybe just visit parents house every day
I'd be moving to the other side of the city (Sydney), and travelling back and forth would take several hours. I'm not really prepared to do that each day.
>>
File: neetfeel.jpg (69 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
neetfeel.jpg
69 KB, 1280x720
>move out
>place always feels cold and dark
>the "house" is pretty much my small room and the rest of the place is just for show
>dogs look depressed
>cobwebs everywhere
>dishes pile up because who gives a shit and the kitchen is a cold lonely place that makes me feel uncomfortable to silently wash dishes in
>diet reverts to nothing but cereal and frozen pizza
>suicidal thoughts that used to pop up at random during the day have now become a constant assault on my brain

S-So this is what independence is like
>>
>move out
>life improves, mostly because I feel accomplished that I bought a house
>feel very happy for quite a while
>the feels slowly start creeping back
>tfw I'm still ugly
>tfw I'm still a kissless virgin
>start drinking heavily every day because there is nobody there to tell me not to
>>
>>29844918
This to be quite honest. Bad with money, bad at planning, unhelpful and disloyal. Sad!

They're not even going in a home when they get old, they can go on the streets. Good riddance.
>>
>>29845956
>pay off their debts

Why? Just let them die with lots of debt, it can't chase you. You don't owe them anything.
>>
>>29847781
Rent here ranges from $350 in the bad part of town to $700 for most 2 bedroom apartments.
There's a bunch of $500-$600 range apartments as well, and a few $400.
>>
>>29844918
My parents really did nothing wrong though.
I only had a small amount of rules to abide by but for the most part I could do whatever I wanted.

My life was fucked up by my so called "best friend" at the time, when his parents divorced I guess that got to him when they moved apart which in turn made him take it out on me and he even managed to gather others that wanted to bully me, anyone I tried to be friends with he somehow turned against me.
>>
>>29847736
Are we related? Yo, my sister and her boyfriend might have major drug issues. They were on something once before; I think she went to rehab, but I don't care enough to find out.
>>
>>29845956
>>29849888
Actually it can. At least where I live you inherit EVERYTHING, the good and the bad. This includes the debts of your parents. It's so stupid.
>>
>>29844172
I'm glad your feeling good with your independence anon :)

What are you doing now differently? Tell me about what makes you happy.
>>
>>29846375
be ready to suck cock
>>
I've been living on my own for 7 years

It doesn't get better

You'll always be a robot or cyborg
>>
>>29850752
Nothing, but I don't have to hear screaming, yelling, constant arguments or deal with having easy access to tons of easy to make foods.
>>
>>29846554
what do you mean by "bachelors of science" and "an arts degree"
if you meant either a B.S. or a B.A. you don't understand how Uni degrees work. The important bit is your GPA and Major

Now if you are taking out money to go to Uni, I suggest getting a student job through the Uni. They are great because they are flexable, they understand you are a student. If you can't get that...try to look for a part time at a place that services the Uni..

they second thing is get to Career Services...keep going there...they have material to see what career paths might interest you...don't stop going there until you know the staff by first name and know what you want to major in and get a job in...then you'll switch over to always hanging around your Major's department...all while getting a 3.5GPA...you do all this you'll prob enjoy the rest of your life..good luck
>>
>>29850729
uh, you can refuse an inheritence, you know?
if you do, you won't inherit any of bad, but none of the good, either.
>>
>>29844777
wow hahahahahaha you are really funny man keep it up i really needed that in my day i tip my hat to you
>>
File: classic-grilled-cheese.jpg (196 KB, 504x352) Image search: [Google]
classic-grilled-cheese.jpg
196 KB, 504x352
I wouldn't even mind living with my parents if they weren't such fucking assholes about food.
They eat like fucking shit and refuse to let me prepare my own meals like I am some sort of fucking child. I work full time so should be able to move out soon but I can't bare this shit.

>Takeout food 3 nights a week
>If I say I don't want anything my dad will say 'oh? You aren't hungry? You can have a tin of soup later if you want' and then they will pretend I am sick even if I didn't mention feeling sick, so if I try to go into the kitchen and make something they will rush in and stop me 'to avoid me getting sicker' and will force me to have a tin of soup
>Fridge is a fucking gigantic 'american style' monstrosity, half freezer half fridge
>it is never full
>if I put anything in they get angry and make me move it
>Literally the top shelf of the fridge is just cans of beer
>the second shelf is just ham and american cheese
>the third shelf is for 'everyones lunchboxes' and the only thing that goes there is lunchboxes for work the next day
>the fourth shelf is for everything else
>the door of the fridge is just bottles of coke, ketchup, mayo and american mustard
>the vegetable tray is full of candy
>freezer is the same, full of frozen pizza and tendies and fries, nobody even eats them because we just eat takeouts
>if I ever open the freezer for more than 20 seconds my parents accuse me of 'defrosting the food' and make me pay for a takeout
>bought a mini-fridge to store food
>they banned me from using it, told me it is the Chinese Takeout leftovers fridge
>dad made a cardboard sign that says 'Ling Lings Leftovers' and stuck it on the fridge
>don't even get to make my own sandwiches for work
>one of them always does it when I am at work during the day
>sandwiches are always awful
>last week my sandwiches were
>Monday Ham and Mayo, Tuesday Ham and Mayo, Wednesday leftover chow mein and mayo, Thursday leftover chop suey and ketchup, friday Cheese and Ham

kill me
>>
>>29844200
This is me.

I just need a girlfriend then i'll give a fuck about myself.
>>
>>29845713
picture is a beautiful representation of my life

bleak, with something pure and innocent that gives me happiness, but it's not enough to keep me sane
>>
>>29852743
>morbidly obese male living with his parents still
>parents think the only key to losing weight is exercise
>fridge is full of shit like >>29852743 's
>worked hard this year and lost 50lbs so far
>have to constantly deny all the shit food they buy multiple times a week
>mom throws a fit when I try to cook sometime because "you make the house stink!"
>just ignore her and cook stuff anyway alone in the kitchen
>leave the room for a minute
>come back and there's like 5 different scented candles going all over the place
>makes my chicken smell like shit
>have to do my dishes before eating my meal or else I'll never hear the end of it
>nobody ever wants any of the healthy food I make

>30 min later mom asks me to go to the store to "get me something sweet"

Every fucking day my family eats dessert. EVERY DAY. Yeah... I can't imagine how I ever became morbidly obese in the first place...
>>
>>29844172
wait till the bills hit my dude
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.