[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>born with fat gene >fell for the "calories in vs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9
File: 1435129618124.jpg (98 KB, 983x752) Image search: [Google]
1435129618124.jpg
98 KB, 983x752
>born with fat gene
>fell for the "calories in vs calories out" meme
>>
File: (WAKE ME UP).png (511 KB, 636x775) Image search: [Google]
(WAKE ME UP).png
511 KB, 636x775
tfw when u break the laws of thermodynamics
>>
>>29840765
same here dude, literally cant lose weight
the doctor said when i stop drinking coke i will die
>>
>>29840765
Pretty sure youre just fat
>>
Literally all you have to do is not eat. Try not eating for a whole day. Then have dinner. Keep doing that for a couple of weeks and you'll lose weight.
>>
But it literally is calories in, calories out. You can't break the laws of thermodynamics.
Obesity isn't genetic, you're just lazy.
>>
>>29840765
I don't fucking get why other neets are fat. I'm a skeleton because i'm so lazy to make my own meals or sometimes I just forget to eat.
>>
>fatty fatty fatfats believe this

It's fucking staggering that, as a group of people so opposed exercise, you do the most mental gymnastics of all.

I'm a fat piece of shit because i drink beer fucking constantly and don't move. Why can't the rest of you fucking lardasses just admit it too.
>>
>>29840765
>lose 30 pounds
>also have a psychotic episode
>doctors see "rapid weight loss" and put me on weight gain pills
>chubby again

REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29840986

Ppl have diffrent metabolusms
>>
Op, dont listen this fag >>29840955

>>29840962 It is not you are idiot, thinking metabolism is a simple equation

>>29840765
also there is no fat gene, you are just a gluttonous slob. put a treadmill front of your computer and then only eat simple raw food without seasoning.
>>
>>29840866
start fasting (1200 calories a day)
only drink water
you just lost weight guaranteed, the curse is broken hallelujah

it's literally that easy
>b-b-but I'm hungry
you're weak for obeying your hunger, following an autonomous reflex
>>
>>29840986
Eating way too much shitty food is literally the only thing in my life that brings pleasure. I fucking hate myself and I want to die, so I don't care about ruining my body in order to feel a few fleeting moments of pleasure. Yeah it's pathetic, I'm pathetic.
>>
>>29841003
rekt by normies. How does it feel
>>
>>29841041
You're wrong about everything except for there not being a fat gene, however
>and then only eat simple raw food without seasoning.
This is ridiculous. You can season the fuck out of your food, just ease up on oils, butters, cheeses, and heavy sauces.

Why eat plain broccoli and rice when you can make curried broccoli or salsa rice for almost the same calories?
>>
>>29841063
stop this nonsense, if he is overweight 1200 cal is starvation mod, he can't keep it and will eventually binge. all the weight will come back if he can lose any weight.
>>
>>29841091
because if it's bland you won't eat much. If it tastes delicious you will force yourself and won't be able to stop, capish? also if you add sauce that would be less satisfying but same calories.
>>
>>29840962
Calories out varies with your metabolism though. It can massively slow down while you fast.

But you WILL burn fat for energy eventually. Or die. But your body is pretty good at not dying. That's why it stored all that fat in the first place.
>>
File: 1419276482088.jpg (416 KB, 1350x900) Image search: [Google]
1419276482088.jpg
416 KB, 1350x900
>>29840765
>fat gene
>there are people who legitimately believe this exists
>>
>fell into a deep anxiety episode for a few months
>body rejected everything besides water
>lucky to get a single small meal in a day without puking it up
>lost 30 pounds in 2 months
>a lot of it was muscle due to low caloric intake
>i want to die
>>
>>29840765
There's no fucking reason to be sad about being fat. There are plenty of fat women that will fuck you. If you won't settle for a woman that isn't skinny, you're gonna have to lose some weight.
>>
wowik ty kurwo
>>
eat less and exercise, i lost around 30 pounds doing that.
>>
>>29841103
fasting is 1/4 of the calories you normally eat

I assumed he was taking in 4800 calories per day. was that too little?
>>
>>29841186
>be 225, bearmode
>quit lifting, lose 30 lbs, most was fat though so i actually looked attractive for once
>1 month goes by and i lose another 30 lbs, now i'm skinnyfat
Such is life
>>
>>29841207
well, common sense says he should decrease gradually and should never go below 1600
>>
>>29841143
>if it's bland you won't eat much
Do you really do this? If something is bland I just feel unsatisfied and want to eat something I enjoy later on.
>>
How come no one in Auschwitz had the "fat gene"?
>>
Is walking for 1 or 2 hours every day around town a good way to burn some calories? Not jogging because I'm too self-conscious and awkward for that.
Also I've been counting calories lately and holy shit, why is everything trying to make me fat?
>>
>>29841229
>should never go below 1600
If you're on r9k chances are you're a manlet and you don't get out much. Under 1600 for a sedentary person is pretty average.
>>
>>29841244
Because Jews were genetically perfect, which is partially why Hitler wanted to eradicate them so desperately. Jealousy is a bitch
>>
>>29841231
well, actually raw foods are never bland, just find what you like. but it's probably impossible to go overboard with them. everyone likes apples right? so for example try to eat only apples for lunch. can you eat more than 5? you will enjoy every bite if the apple is good but since it's not calorically dense you won't be able to stuff yourself much. but if you eat not enough you can get hungry really quick, you need to find the balance yourself and move towards whole plant foods gradually.

I currently don't eat much raw food as I used to eat, cuz meals take time to eat (but 0 cooking time at least) and it can be expensive. I eat mostly sweat potatoes currently (like two of my meals sweet potatoes mostly). It's really satisfying. for example if I were eating mcdonalds I could eat 3000 cal in one sitting but it's impossible to do that with potatoes. just find a starch or fruit staple you enjoy eating.

also everything counts. for example you can get brown rice instead of white. It's basically the same thing but brown rice has an outer shell. Since that shell has fiber you get satisfied easier also it's more nutritious.

So what I am trying to say is calories in calories out maybe correct in theory but human body does not work like that.
>>
File: 56iPVixh.jpg (25 KB, 475x350) Image search: [Google]
56iPVixh.jpg
25 KB, 475x350
>tfw food is the only thing that brings me any pleasure
>had 2 bowls of cinnamon toast crunch, some tendies and pizza for breakfast
>shit 3 times a day and constantly sick
>had a dream the other day where i was a happy normal skeleton and in that moment i knew it was better than anything that could ever happen then i woke up knowing it will never be a reality
>no self control, no reason to try, dead inside with nothing to fill the hole but food, the pleasure only lasts a few minutes a day and the pain lasts a lifetime, everyone hates you, but not as much as you hate yourself
>punish myself by eating MORE and just sabotaging every thing

i'm tempted to take a knife and cut my insides out

>asked my morbidly obese dad not to buy me any more food yesterday for the millionth time and to just let me starve for awhile, told him i wanted to change and i need his help
>i begged him to let me take control over the food i eat and that i'd write a list of healthy food and schedule it out
>he said ok
>he always does
>he never follows through
>last night he went out and bought 300 dollars worth of instant food, junk food and just overall the worst shit, entire freezer is full, fridge, cupboards
>feel so empty inside and defeated and helpless, wonder if he hates me or doesn't even care enough to remember

i somehow denied the temptation and lost 150 lbs in 8 months initially while working but for 3 months now i have no energy to even get out of bed and my food addiction is killing me, a friend offered to let me stay with them because of my dad and that they'd support me in losing weight but i'm too ashamed to leave the house

might just an hero
>>
https://medical.mit.edu/sites/default/files/set_point_theory.pdf
>>
>>29841399
>food is the only thing that gives me pleasure
THIS. I can't have sex, so what the fuck else am I supposed to get pleasure from? I like nice views from mountains and listening to music, but neither of those compare to life's greatest pleasures.
>>
File: hurrdurrclaoriesinnout.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hurrdurrclaoriesinnout.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
>hurr durr
>can't break the law of theruemedynamics
>>
>>29841399
How much was your initial weight and how much do you weigh now
>>
>>29841495
200 at 8
300 at 12
400 at 15
500 at 18
450 at 19
300 at 20

now i'm at 340, gained 20 lbs in the past week alone
>>
>>29841462
>muh condishun

drink water and eat 1600 calories a day for a month. Just try it.
>>
File: 1467950386969.jpg (15 KB, 210x158) Image search: [Google]
1467950386969.jpg
15 KB, 210x158
>>29841540
>eat 1000 calories per day
>exercise regularly
>still obese
>>
>>29841540
>>29841462
That girl literally eats 30,000 calories a day and still loses weight. Nobody better FUCKING DARE say the calories in and calories out meme myth again. Calories in and Calories out is just a theory, there is no single proof that this is what determines how someone loses weight.
>>
>>29841143
>eating bland food on purpose so you'll eat less
You're going it wrong lol. Healthy food can be delicious and you can eat more of it.
>>
>>29841566
What do you actually eat and what exercises you do?
>>
>>29841571
people also think that "eating fewer calories to lose weight" means that you'll just lose body fat from eating less food

that's not true at all. fat doesn't weight very much and it's not the only tissue that can be catabolized. honestly telling somebody to just eat less is probably going to make them crash and either get serious health problems or yo-yo to an even higher body fat percentage.
>>
>>29841441
This is exactly what I experiences although I know I already lowered my set point. But the plateau is fucking real. Of course when I told people on here how I ate and exercised when nothing happened they were too fucking stupid to really read what I wrote and said the same shit over and over again.
>cut le calroies anon Xd lel
Yeah, fuck you too, you were probably never able to run half a marathon in 2.5 hrs over steep hills. Well, I could and yet the last 10 kilos stayed with me for almost 3 years now. Just trying to gain a shitload of muscle to get rid of it instead of cardio.
>>
"calories in calories out" meme is half true

what really matters is MASS in MASS out AND the amount of mass your body puts out is variable and depends on genes, diet, and exercise

If you have the genes/epigenetic predisposition to be fat, when you stop eating as much, the body LOWERS the metabolism, and conserves as much mass as it can because it thinks you are in a famine or some shit and ironically this makes your body more desperate to build/hold on to fat. If you add cardio on to this and keep the diet low for an extended period of time, eventually the body will realize that it is more beneficial to lose the weight once you prove to it that you will get enough to eat without actually starving and have used up your fat storage.

If you have a skinny genetic/epigenetic predisposition, your body will RAISE the metabolism the more you eat and the more you exercise to try to unnecessarily burn off and get rid of as much mass as possible because it doesn't want you to have mass on you. If you continually force it to acknowledge it needs some muscle mass by regular exercise/strength training, it will start to lower metabolism enough to allow you to build muscle mass if you eat enough to counter out the already high base metabolism.

If you are a mesomorph, your body will raise or lower your metabolism to either burn fat and/or save mass and convert it to muscle in order to build/preserve muscle regardless of your diet as long as it is somewhat within normal calorie range, especially more so if you do strength training.
>>
>>29841733
Have you tried the keto diet? It looks pretty interesting and ive heard its great for losing weight. Essentially you cut out all carbs and eat a bunch of protein. If I were trying to lose weight id give it a try at least for a month or two.
>>
>>29841958
Yeah, I actually tried that. It's not inefficient, not at all. But I get gas from it and what's more I think my body odor changed. I liked the way I smelled to myself less, whoch sounds weird.
The biggest minus in my book was, though, that I wasn't hungry after eating a meal, but all the satisfaction from eating just goes away. I'd go for 80/20 or 70/30 protein only diets but 100 percent meat/protein are just not for me. I know I couldnt pull through for extended periods of time after having tried it for a week. It might be right for you though, seeing everybody's different.
>>
>>29842324
Interesting. I'm always satisfied after some good meat. I'll probably try it for mental clarity.
>>
>>29841571
>That girl literally eats 30,000 calories a day and still loses weight.

and every single fat person is exactly like that living meme woman.
>>
File: 1467398224882.jpg (63 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1467398224882.jpg
63 KB, 640x640
>>29842867
Funny. She is living evidence that Calories in Calories out is not a correct theory. In science this proves the theory false, but you choose to ignore it. Scientist still haven't been able to scientifically find out what actually relates to someone gaining or losing weight
>>
File: a light snack for a fine day.jpg (61 KB, 500x601) Image search: [Google]
a light snack for a fine day.jpg
61 KB, 500x601
>>29842975
she has a rare congenital disease.

You don't see many people with 0% body fat who look like badly-stretched photoshop images.

You can't go to walmart without seeing fat people pushing, or rather driving, a cart full of bread and hot dogs and ice cream
>>
File: skinnyfat.jpg (39 KB, 522x756) Image search: [Google]
skinnyfat.jpg
39 KB, 522x756
>>29840765
>be me
>skinny all my life
>eat instant oatmeal for breakfast
>eat instant noodles for lunch/supper
>eat a whole fucking thing of cheese before bed
>don't exercise because NEET
>become skinnyfat

what a mystery huh I wonder what led to me being a bloated sack of shit
>>
>>29842975
>>29841571
>>29841462

The calories aren't magically disappearing. Clearly the nutrition isn't being absorbed; the "calories out" are going out with her shit.

Fuck off with your bullshit.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.