[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do normies work two jobs? I need another one to stay afloat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1467938021701.jpg (50 KB, 413x449) Image search: [Google]
1467938021701.jpg
50 KB, 413x449
how do normies work two jobs?
I need another one to stay afloat but the thought of doing that makes me want to kill myself.
>>
I have two jobs, both part-time, still make below the poverty line.
>>
>>29830221
Holy shit. Fuck that.

I only work 8 hours and I'm already looking out for better paying part time jobs. Just under 6 hours so I don't have to take that required lunch break. That or fewer days.

>>29830221
>>29830280
How much are you guys making an hour and how are your monthly expenses?
>>
>>29830301
I still live at home, don't own a car, etc so monthly expenses aren't much.

I make $8.05 an hour at both jobs. One of my jobs is at Little Caesar's and they only schedule me two days a week for three hours. My last paycheck was $54 for two weeks of work.
>>
>>29830391
Where do you live that you can't find better work?
>>
>>29830301
poorfag reporting
> make 1100 a month
> bills are 1300 a month
I'm supplementing with mummy's savings
>>
>>29830486
Florida

Original
>>
>>29830512
Where in Florida?
There aren't cold storage, shipping, warehouse type jobs around?

>>29830503
I only made that little when I was working one part time job.
But of course I live in California; shit gets expensive.
>>
>>29830687
Right, that's why I need another one to supplement. it's either that or roommates, but my friends are fucking weirdos, I really don't trust them or their friends.
>>
>>29830221
I've worked two jobs a couple of times before. For a few hellish months I even worked three jobs at once.

The key is needing the money so badly you're willing to spend all of your time working to not be homeless or starve. The exhaustion and mental anguish can be beaten back with the knowledge that you're supporting yourself, but it doesn't last long and sooner or later you will want to fucking kill yourself every waking moment of the day. Avoid working two jobs at all costs.
>>
>>29830719
>>29830790

I'd just look for a single decent paying back breaking job than spending all my waking moments working at some min wage shithole.

I've never been so fucked in my finances that I needed two jobs,
but if I was I would seriously consider moving wherever well paying jobs and/or low cost of living were present.
>>
>>29830221
The U.S. is so shit I can work a grocery job here in Australia and be on good money and be lazy as fuck.
>>
>>29830869
My job takes out union fees which cucks my finances entirely.
>>
>>29831004
The U.S. is a big country.
You can do that in plenty of places throughout the country just not everywhere.
A lot posters sound like they live in shit places with high cost of living or employment wastelands, but one can try moving. Beaners do it all the time.

>>29831046
They at least benefit you in any way?
>>
>>29831089
Not really, I can still be fired at any time and I don't get paid leave anymore. This job is piss easy for the most part though which is why I won't quit.
>>
>>29830221
they just suck it up

it turbo sucks, but sometimes it's worth it

IMO it's better to reduce your cost of living and work less. fuck the wagie life.
>>
>>29831165
Should I just have my creepy friend be my roommate? I really need those shekels.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.