[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>live a lifestyle of internet, eat, sleep >get depressed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: why_do_i_live.jpg (25 KB, 533x340) Image search: [Google]
why_do_i_live.jpg
25 KB, 533x340
>live a lifestyle of internet, eat, sleep
>get depressed every now and then but it generally feels like i live in one of those greek god pictures with clouds
>turn 16 and father starts hounding me about getting a job
>want to get a gaming computer so fuck it
>search and search and search for a minimum wage job
>seriously how is it this hard to find an unskilled labor position?
>land a job as a cashier at a fast food place months later
>finally some moolah coming in
>start at 15 hours a week but they slowly start increasing my hours more and more until i'm working something like 45 hours a week (illegally)
>request less hours, more like 20
>get told by my supervisor that the owner might "not think it's worth it" to keep me employed for that amount of hours
>basically expected to be a slave for minimum wage eating up all my free time
>throwing up out of stress every day and drop like 10 pounds in two weeks

I eventually flaked like the NEET I am once I got my gaming computer. How the fuck do normies manage to put up with this shit? I thought getting something minimum wage would be the easiest and most effortless thing ever, but apparently not

>age appropriate now too fuck off
>>
>>29759791
>fuck no one is responding to my thread
>shit did i do something wrong?
>just want to escape the wagecuck life
>>
>>29759791
>How the fuck do normies manage to put up with this shit?
it's all mindset. if you are engaged and interested in your work it makes it a lot easier.
>>
>>29760007
It's like there's something in the water

I used to think /r9k/ was a cool inside joke or something with normies and wagecucks when I was NEET but shit you guys were right, I'm gonna fucking kill myself if this is what life is supposed to be.
>>
>>29760135
life isn't supposed to be anything, you have the ability to make choices. Very few people are going to love being a fast food cashier.
>>
>fast food place
>throwing up out of stress

Really bro? How bad can it be? You have some kind of anxiety disorder?
>>
>>29759877
nah mate, you just need to find a better job
>parents hounding me
>land job in convenience store
>manager is total bro, assistant manager is even better
>coworkers are chill
>regular customers are either friendly or quiet
>befriended old pakistani regular
>gets me hookups at his shisha cafe
>work is easy as fuck

sounds like your job sucks, if you have no rent/bills to pay just quit
once you have work experience, landing another job is easy
>>
>>29760160
I didn't expect to like it but I didn't expect myself to involuntarily hate every aspect of it and feel like it defiles every fibre of my being.

Getting a job was practically the biggest redpill of my life. I appreciate it, but I also hate it for ruining my perception of the world.

>>29760178
I do come from a long line of people with high anxiety problems, my mom suffering a heart attack from such a condition. However, never had anything like that checked out, so nothing is definitive.

The owner also constantly pushed me around, yelling at me if I stopped to lean on the counter to rest during a downtime for even five minutes after basically standing for five hours doing my job. The rule of the workplace was "if you've got nothing to do, clean. if everything is clean, clean again". I worked at a high-volume mall location so there wasn't much stuff to clean, and nowhere to fuck off to hide for a little. I eventually gained a little confidence, decided the mantra was bullshit and just decided to leave my shift one night and never come back.

If I was getting paid a living wage as someone who had a mortgage, I might follow the mantra. But not for minimum fucking wage as an otherwise NEET teenager.
>>
>>29760231
I've actually been eyeing up a convenience store near me that is always hiring. I've been a regular there for two years almost, so I'm at least somewhat friendly and known by the staff to not be a piece of shit, which puts me at an advantage.

>but you have to be 18 to work there because they sell alcohol
>(cough)

I landed yet another job as a retail associate at [blue store that is dying], but the upselling of credit cards is starting to wear thin on my confidence and self worth too. They cut hours if you don't upsell enough, and I'm working one three hour shift this week, so that should tell you just how excellent I am being a salesman.
>>
>>29760324
>underage b&

whatever, started lurking when I was 16
>tfw /fit/ unironically made me fittest in my last year of HS and I was getting laid left & right

thanks 4chins

also, 18 to sell alcohol? Canada?
>>
>>29760353
US, Florida.

Started lurking when I was 13, but I've been almost exclusively /b/ until this year.

Age to serve laws are retarded. I waited for 16 to try and escape NEETdom, but now it looks like I'm waiting another year to escape wagecuckery to Mr Wagey just to get anything half decent.

>tfw im fat with babyface and havent fucked anyone let alone held a relationship
>>
Sounds like you just got a shitty job m8, keep looking for something good.

I got a job at a pizza place and everyone there is really chill, it's good fun
>>
>>29760135
It's not a joke. Unless your parents have brainwashed you into having good work ethic, work is the shittiest thing in the world and it doesn't get better, ever.

You're selling your free time to some assholes who make way more money than they deserve. They're saving and planning for retirement while you're barely staying afloat.

Good thing you can always go to college and get a degree so you're qualified for a position that pays well. Once you've given your money to the jews, slave away for just four years, accruing debt the entire time.

If you don't drop out then congratulations. I hope you scored an internship. What do you mean you didn't network? All your classmates were putting themselves out there or have family members with connections. Well you have a year until you have to start repaying that student loan so maybe you'll find something.

The clock's ticking. It's already been six months and you still haven't gotten an internship and there's no way in hell you're qualified for anything else, despite your four years of education. The longer it takes, the bigger the gap in your employment history gets. Who's going to hire you when fresh grads are being pumped out nonstop?

Unless you know someone who can pull strings to get you hired, or you have great social skills, good luck with the rat race. If you're a robot it's not even worth trying to become a normie.

>tfw you fell for the STEM meme and wasted four years of your life
>tfw you had to beg a pastor to give you a recommendation just so you could get a job bagging groceries
>tfw you'd rather starve to death than work one more fucking day
>>
>>29760250
>Getting a job was practically the biggest redpill of my life. I appreciate it, but I also hate it for ruining my perception of the world.
What do you like doing? Is there a job where you could do that? You would probably like that job and enjoying and being proud of your work might improve your perception of the world.
>>
>>29759791
You need a job with union bro.

I worked McDonalds and they did shit like this to me. Always tried scheduling me hours I couldn't work. Worked every holiday and wasn't given time and a half (apparently that's legally required where I live). Was scheduled every weekend and I never saw any friends/family.

Happened to my sister and my girlfriend when they worked Toys R Us. Very little/no training, shit hours, shit treatment, overworked etc.

Then I got a job at a grocery store w/Union and I get paid correctly, offered direct deposit or check cashing. Paid extra on Sundays+holidays. Even offer benefits if you work long enough. Sick/vacation days, thorough training. Management works well with seasonal employees (like those of us with college classes) and they'll work with you to get a decent schedule.

Maybe it's not the union and maybe grocery stores just aren't as shitty as mcdonalds/toysrus but it's the only concrete difference I can find between them.
>>
>>29760428
Worst day you've ever had?

I'm trying to develop a metric, ANY metric just to see how to deal with my jobs. I feel like the one I had previously was bottom of the barrel, absolute worst possible. Current retail one is like medium-bad, versus medium/medium-good.

>>29760433
>tfw not gonna go to college, at least not immediately
>tfw my dad is nice enough to basically help me get hired at his company in any position possible (hedging my bets though)
>tfw seriously considering a year-long return to NEETdom until that happens and I can either panic and find something or get hired at my dad's place

Not saying I'm never going to achieve higher education, just when I'm able to afford it (ie already in a good paying job, no matter how hopeful that may sound)

>>29760434
Gonna sound autistic, but I'm extremely good with computer repair and tech support. Coworkers at my current job have even told me I should quit and work at a repair shop, but I don't really trust their opinion since I think one of them thinks I'm some sort of manchild.

It actually ties into my reply above, I'm working on certifications so I can get hired at my dad's company into an IT position. Nothing special, just a 30k a year support technician on the phone answering dumb calls, but it pays and looks like a prospect.

>>29760480
>mfw i made union comments at the shit job
>mfw i worked for a living Mr Wagey
>mfw it just clicked that thats why he probably treated me more like shit than anyone else there
>>
>>29760582
>he has family members who'll land him a job
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29760480
Publix right? I've heard good things about them, really good things.

Anyways your MickD's experience was basically word-for-word my own experience with added extras, but it wasn't even MickD's. It was some franchised sub shop (not the pedoway) that was basically a private business paying for the usage of a license, explaining my treatment.

>>29760604
Literally the only thing I've been told is that he can get me an interview with the person who hires for technical support in their company. My dad is an airline mechanic, but he has some rep in the company that can get me that. But it's just that, an interview. I'm alternating between "why wouldn't they hire me? i know a ton of shit" and "i don't know fucking anything they're not gonna hire me even if i do fuck".
>>
>>29760654
If you can get a real person to look at your resume, you're hired. For every job I've gotten through a friend of the family the resume was just a formality. Everything except shit-tier jobs hire from recruiters or recommendations.
>>
i can't imagine working for minimum wage. I make 10 an hour and I still don't feel like it's worth it. The scheduling is terrible, unless you like working shifts where you don't know if you'll be there for 6 hours or 8 hours, and don't mind working 6-7 days in a row consistently.
>>
>>29760752
Are you trying to say I basically have the job? I know it's callous to say that, but I kind of want to so I can stop taking this minimum wage job so seriously. I have other things to worry about, like completing my high school education in a timely manner (homeschooled, haven't done anything since 8th grade, but scored above average on a 10th grade test) and just enjoying life.

>>29760785
I don't even care about the scheduling (no offense anon). The bullshit they make you put up with for minimum wage isn't even worth $12 an hour, constantly throwing paperwork at you and half-assed training that doesn't make any sense (oh yeah you're supposed to train at a computer during downtime by watching YouTube vids as "Training"), plus cutting your hours if you don't upsell enough credit cards.

It's fucking ridiculous and I just want to tell them to shove it, but I don't want to be an idiot either.
>>
>>29760850
Yes, if you have someone who knows someone who does the hiring, you are guaranteed to be hired. The social pressure to hire you is too great for a normie to ignore.
>>
>>29760850
lol, i'd be okay with getting paid to watch training videos. at least you don't have to do anything during them
>>
>>29760916
No, I mean it's like required compliance training for your job, that you do at a computer five feet away from whatever register you're stationed at. You're supposed to train at it while there's no customers around, but cue cashier's curse and someone will always interrupt you two minutes into doing your training, so you'll never get anything done. I stopped caring after a certain point and waited until they hounded me about "gotta get ur training done anon!" and made them give me training hours where I could just sit in the back for three hours and do everything all at once.

>>29760914
Once again I overestimated the normies. I'm probably not the most qualified person for a phonecall + remote desktop job (I probably am though), I'm at least always open to learn and always strive to be the best at whatever I do, so I hope I fit in well.
>>
>>29760785
im at $14/hr and its not what i deserve. with tips, it turns out to about $19-21, but im still living almost paycheck to paycheck.

i do live by myself in los angeles, though, so that does explain it somewhat.

and i have guaranteed full time and no one bitches at me for o/t and my coworkers are chill. we drink quite often while on the clock and a good portion of our days are just dicking around.
>>
Thanks for the advice guys, heading out for the night
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.