[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who /overprotective parents/ here? they didnt let me go outside
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 12
File: angry_pepe.jpg (65 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
angry_pepe.jpg
65 KB, 900x900
who /overprotective parents/ here?

they didnt let me go outside when i was a teenager

im 18 and they are angry with me because i have no friends or gf

pd: kissless virgin too

they will pay a psychiatrist this september
>>
File: removekebab.png (68 KB, 796x868) Image search: [Google]
removekebab.png
68 KB, 796x868
>>29659549
>they didnt let me go outside when i was a teenager

I never asked for this rage
>>
>>29659549
Can relate, anon.
>>
>>29659549
>>29659694
>>29659756

Lads a turbo ultra chad once told me it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission

I just wish I knew this when I was younger :(

I fell for all the normalfag lies
>>
I had fundie Christian parents who did their best to keep me sheltered and on lock down in all respects, but also put a computer in my room with no filter or firewall or anything because they didn't really get what the internet was.

Grew up getting mixed messages.
>>
>>29659774

When I was a teen, I noticed a pattern. If I asked my mom "Hey, can I go to a movie, party, sports event, etc with such-and-such friends?" she'd always say no and make up bullshit excuses. When I just fucking told her "Hey, I'm going to this place with these friends on this day" she bitches that I didn't even ask, but I still end up going. She sometimes complains that I don't treat her with respect, but she doesn't understand that she spent years literally training me not to.
>>
>>29659875

goddamnit anon, these feels are just too overpowering

how are we children supposed to know that what we're actually supposed to do in life is do the exact opposite of what the people who are supposed to unconditionally do what's right for us tell us to do?

why do normies receive these secret instructions but I don't? it's not fucking fair
>>
>>29659918

I figured it out by accident. One day, I got frustrated that she always said no so I decided I was going to go to something with friends no matter what she said, and I just told her I'm doing it. It worked, and I never asked for her permission again.
>>
File: T1.large_.jpg (76 KB, 600x829) Image search: [Google]
T1.large_.jpg
76 KB, 600x829
>>29659918

It's not like it matters how they raised you.

Parenting style has little to no measurable impact on life outcome. You wouldn't be any better off if they did teach you the normie secret handshakes.
>>
>>29659549
I feel you, I remember being 12 and I wasn't allowed to cross the main road at the end of my street, my sister was able to do it at 10 years old...
>>
>>29659993

did you have a single mother anon?
>>
>>29659549
It's the reason why I'm a broken robot.
It's to late now though. The damage has been done.
>>
I know your anger, too, my situation is pretty strange though.
I wasn't allowed friends to stay over when i was young, but my brother had basically no restrictions to what he did, and he was younger than me. Now he treats everyone except me like a pushover since he gets everything he wants and my parents criticize me for staying in all the time. It's funny because now that i'm the only one that says no to him, my parents expect me to do things that they should be doing to him like telling him off, it sounds so strange reading this as i type it but that's how it is, I'm moving out next year anyway, fuck these cunts.
>>
>>29660036

Nope, thank God. I have a based dad that taught me to surf and backed me up when she was being unreasonable, which happened frequently. I can imagine I would be fucked up beyond belief if my mother was raising me alone.
>>
>>29659549
The worst feel is when you overprotective parents who relax when you have a sibling so you end up being a sheltered fuck up while they're a Chad/Stacy.
>>
File: 1467396474981.png (201 KB, 396x595) Image search: [Google]
1467396474981.png
201 KB, 396x595
im 23 and my mom treats me like im 6
>>
>>29660256
my dad isnt much of a fathrer figure, he himsekf ws raised by a single mom so doesnt have a clear idea of what fathers do. emotionally wasnt there for me or my sisters or mom. Thank G-d i have better sense and know how to access information so i dont live a unhealthy lifestyle so i dont have to get heart surgery liie he is right now at the age of 65

i would be happy to see him die but i need his money. im so fucked, i hope the rabbis have mercy on me and find me a place to live and help me marry my 335 pound aspy frum gf
>>
>>29659788
Are you me?

But i never yearned for social contact, so i think it's more my fault.
>>
>doesn't let their kid go outside with his friends
>get upset and angry when he has no friends
>>
hello spain
>>
>>29659549
>tfw missed litterally everything in childhood/teenage hood becouse parents didnt allow me to see hang out with other kids, becouse i could do better than them
>tfw never played hide and seak which was pretty popular in my country, becouse the kids always played durning evening hours
>tfw never ever stayed for a night at someone outside from my family
>>
I was banned from reading Calvin and Hobbes until I was sixteen. And that was only after some counselors told my mother that "suicide drink" meant mixed soda.

She was a paranoid religious zealot. No halloween, no Harry Potter, banned about 99% of cartoons on TV including Spongebob, usually for dumb reasons such as "that character looks bizarre", acted like words such as "stupid", "dumb", and "butt" was profanity. Treated me like the most mindlessly impressionable kid on the planet.

Grew up in rural bumblefuck and wasn't allowed to hang out with the only other two kids my age.

Once called me an "unwilling soul" after I refused to study a Women Of Faith booklet with her. Also claimed that one day she commanded all demons in the house to "leave in the name of God" and heard a shrieking noise fly out the door. There's more nutty stuff my mom did.
>>
>>29659994
fuck, all this time i've been blaming my parents for everything fucked in my life.. but it's always been me who is scared shitless. hey got any more info on this parenting issue?
>>
>>29660434

John Calvin was a heretic and Thomas Hobbes was a freemasonic revolutionary so your mum was right on that one
>>
File: Hunched w Labcoat.jpg (41 KB, 585x700) Image search: [Google]
Hunched w Labcoat.jpg
41 KB, 585x700
>>29660450
>all this time i've been blaming my parents for everything fucked in my life.. but it's always been me who is scared shitless

At least you've actually admitted it instead of sticking your head in the sand like so many other robots.
>>
My dad was an abusive man who didn't allow me to go out the house or have friends. The police kicked him out when I was 23 after he beated the shit out of my mum. Four years later however, neither me or my mum know how to move freely around the world, and the few friends I have still wonder why I don't know how to travel too far from home.
>>
>>29660462
The ban was over the term "suicide drink"
>>
>>29659994
This isn't true for those of us with no one to talk to but our parents

I mean we've gotta learn somewhere, normies can learn from their friends if their parents suck but others like me cannot cause I had no friends, I had no one but my parents
>>
File: FB_IMG_1467083076069.jpg (38 KB, 720x479) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1467083076069.jpg
38 KB, 720x479
>parents used to tell me to step down from potential fights because they didn't want to get sued
>parents used to threaten violence when brother and I would get a little confrontational
>parents used to act violent when I'd get a little confrontational with them
>parents now wonder why I'm a beta who just goes with whatever I'm told instead of being confrontational

Welp, this is life. How are you liking it?
>>
>>29660580
that guy is really handsome
>>
wena jorge
>>
>>29660499
Well someone here doesn't know what sarcasm is.

>>29660673
That's probably how he made anime real. He Chaded it into existence.
>>
File: 1314952853495.jpg (21 KB, 500x427) Image search: [Google]
1314952853495.jpg
21 KB, 500x427
my parents let me have a barbecue with my buddies at -15celcius outside, I could go drinking vodka with them when I was 15yo, come back 24h later and they didn't even call or text me during this time, it didn't help me at all, there is no cure for ugliness
>>
>>29660819

>barbecue at -15

Why?

>Drinking vodka when I was 15
>Ugly

Oh, you're Russian so that was probably a nice day.
>>
>>29659549

>be 21

>finally get gf

>gf is in room, mom opens door and screams at me for having the door closed and asked "who is this whore!!?"

>gf dumps me later that night

thanks
>>
>>29660922
I like barbecues, it was only guys each time, we were too ugly for girls or going to clubs, and I'm Polish
>>
File: frogmeme.jpg (60 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
frogmeme.jpg
60 KB, 700x500
>>29660946
>gf is in room, mom opens door and screams at me for having the door closed

ready to die now
>>
File: pepe space feel.png (603 KB, 629x481) Image search: [Google]
pepe space feel.png
603 KB, 629x481
>never went anywhere far with any friends
>parents weren't exactly rich, so never did anything cool as a kid
I know they just wanted for me to be safe, but still...
>tfw parents would let me go outside and have fun running around and playing with whatever small amount of friends I had for 1 hour time limits
>even during the summer, when school was out
>1 fucking hour, then go home to sit and read books and then write a synopsis of the books I read
>got nothing out of it, maybe slightly better vocabulary, but aside from that, no increase in intelligence or knowledge
fug
>>
File: wojak inhaling.jpg (57 KB, 641x773) Image search: [Google]
wojak inhaling.jpg
57 KB, 641x773
>>29660310
>my dad isnt much of a fathrer figure, he himsekf ws raised by a single mom so doesnt have a clear idea of what fathers do. emotionally wasnt there for me or my sisters or mom
I know this feel, anon
>>
>>29660434
>tfw my mom was the late 80s/early 90s version of exactly this shit right here
>on top of that she went out of her way to cut the balls off of any remotely masculine activity i found enjoyable
>absolutely colossal narcissist
>to this day she talks to me like i'm five years old
>i'm 34
>for the past 15 years i have lived over a thousand miles away from her and never want to see her again
if i were actively trying to wreck a child's mind permanently i'd follow her playbook to the fucking letter
>>
>>29659993
I did this one day. It didn't work so well for me though.

>right after school one day with friends, including a few qts
>they all want to go the river
>don't want to look like a bitch calling my dad for permission, just go
>have fun with grills+friends for about an hour till we go to my buddy's house
>as soon as I get in cell range I get missed call after missed call
>at least 30
>center myself and call my dad
>get screamed at for about 5 minutes, he tells me to not fucking move
>friends are scared
>he shows up at my friends house to scream at me in front of everyone because I was out of contact for 1 (one) hour
>I look like a complete bitch in front of my then friends

Sometimes, you just can't win. Now he gets mad that I live on my own hundreds of miles away and I never call him.
>>
>>29659549
Do you have autism/asperger's or similar behavior?
>>
>>29661497

That's cause you didn't fucking tell him where you were going you nigger. Your dad was rightfully pissed. How fucking hard is it to tell your friends "Hold up, I gotta take a shit or something" then call your dad and be like "Hey, I'm going to the river with some friends after school?"
>>
>>29661732
>tell your dad where you're going
>he says no

Do you understand why you're retarded now?
>>
>>29659549

Pack your shit and leave without letting anyone know. Start a new life somewhere else and be free to live you life on your own terms.
>>
>>29661732
I was a straight-A student who never got into any kind of trouble. His response was totally disproportionate. I just want to know why his opinion was so low of me then that he thought I must be getting into some crazy shenanigans because he didn't know exactly where I was for 60 minutes.
>>
>>29661787

It's almost like parents start worrying about their children when they don't know where they are and can't contact them.
>>
>>29662166
This wasn't fear, this was anger. At no point did he express any kind of fear that I might've been hurt, only anger that I disobeyed him. What's your justification for him screaming at me in front of my friends, dad-lover?
>>
File: 1456019803931.gif (130 KB, 220x196) Image search: [Google]
1456019803931.gif
130 KB, 220x196
>>29661744
>want to do this
>the massive amount of effort needed just makes me even more depressed
>don't do anything
>continue to live in misery with people i couldn't possibly hate more
>>
kill yourself fucking scumbag
>>
>>29662202

He was angry that you didn't fucking tell him where you are and went out partying while he was at home calling every 2 minutes wondering what happened to you. Sometimes people do irrational things when their children suddenly disappear.
>>
CHE GALLEEEEEEEEE

Y TU HILO JHAJAJAJAKJAKAJAKJKAJA
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.