[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /mature/ here? >Be 23 >In med school >Engaged >Already
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 10
File: 1467339000112.jpg (54 KB, 500x521) Image search: [Google]
1467339000112.jpg
54 KB, 500x521
Who /mature/ here?

>Be 23
>In med school
>Engaged
>Already talking about having children

Feels weird as fuck, man. Am I going through life too quickly? Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy and thankful for everything, but I feel like most kids my age are in a totally different mindset. Maybe I was born a century too late.

Inb4 ree
>>
>>29645000
wish this was me, my father wouldnt let me work in high school and said he wouldn't help with collage tuition.

3 years later I'm still at a dead end job, got kicked out after my older brother moved back in.

really thinking about killing myself, insulin over dose sounds pretty nice.
>>
before getting married weigh both pros and cons

good luck
>>
>>29645079
Do it.
And leave a note saying "Thanks dad"
I would pay to see the look on his face when he reads that, I can tell you all about it in hell
>>
>>29645000

You should definitely wait until you're out of residency and making decent money before you have children. You are quite young to be engaged, but at least since she wants you now you know she probably isn't just a gold digger. You don't want some whore who hears "doctor" and drops her STD-riddled panties.
>>
>>29645000
M3 here.

Being engaged in med school is a recipe for disaster. You should be having serious doubts. You're going to go through many different stages of your life, most of which will make it very unsuitable for a relationship, for the next few years. More than half of the classmates I knew who came into school with serious commitments ended up breaking up by now, and by residency i'd say the retention rate is sub 25%. "talking about having kids" before you're married is really unimpressive, by the way.

Also sage because this thread is a fucking circlejerk.
>>
File: 1461778098199.png (22 KB, 804x743) Image search: [Google]
1461778098199.png
22 KB, 804x743
>>29645000
>>29645079
>>29645107
>>29645136
What the fuck, this place has become absolute fucking trash.
>>
>>29645000
Stay with her for 3 years. Personality changes.

Do not rush having kids. You're increasing your odds of getting fucked over, and this is something you do not want to mess up.
>>
>>29645000
It's hilarious how you think you're /mature/ but then go on to say that you're engaged at 23 and already talking about having kids. You fool, don't you realise that your brain doesn't even finish developing until your late twenties, and both you and your girl are going to change so much in the next 10 years?
>>
Was in same boat as you except doing y master's degree in accounting. Girl turned out to be batshit insane.
Cut it off with her. She went half insane because of it. Called me literally hundreds of times a day sobbing to get back together. At first I just felt bad for her but then she started to fuck with my family to get to me (my cousin and her were good friends at the time) and I got pissed off. I couldn't even explode at her because I was afraid she'd really go off the deep end and kill herself if I did (yes, she was that mentally unstable). It's been a little over a year since the breakup and the last harassing phone call occurred in January.

Never even thought about marriage since then. Fuck that shit. But good luck to you buddy.
>>
Why are you normies here?
>>
>>29645194
Actually, your brain is fully developed by age 14. You don't become more intelligent, you accumulate knowledge.

In computer terms, your CPU (brain) never upgrades, but your hard drive (memories, experiences) fills up.
>>
>>29645179

OP here.

We have been together for three years. I feel like I know this girl pretty well. We lost our virginities to one another btw, so we have a special bond. I'm not a purityfag or anything, but research does show that women with only one sexual partner tend to have stronger, lasting marriages. We're in love.

We're not planning on having kids anytime soon. Even the actual marriage/wedding will be in 2-4 years (we decided a long engagement is better in terms of timing for medical school)...as for kids, we are planning on having them when I'm in residency, age 28 or so.

>that feel when getting old and boring
>>
> hurr durr I'm a big boi
> not even married yet and talking about having kids hurr durr
> guys luk at me im "mature" not even married yet and talking about having kids
> omg guys I feel so old, should've been born in another generation srsly guys

Embarrassing
>>
>>29645000
>having kids while still in med school
Have fun watching your grades drop and your wife leaving you
>>
>>29645163
>>29645163
You mean it wasn't trash when unemployed basement dwelling rejects solely dominated the board?

Do yourself a favor, shut your fucking mouth and listen to yourself. You complain about normies being happy, and then complain when normies try to help you become a normie, when really you envy their position and happiness otherwise you wouldnt be here bitching about your unhappiness. In some fucked up logic, you mentally circle jerk yourself back around to terminal roboticism.
>>
File: 1445879583523.jpg (71 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1445879583523.jpg
71 KB, 396x385
>>29645319
I respect you, but only because what you're doing is completely retarded and I would never wish it on my worst enemy.

You are signing up to be devoured as food for the next generation. You are sacrificing yourself for the species.

Like the male mantis, you are being devoured.
>>
>>29645362
>supporting recklessness in a delicate situation
Kill yourself tripnigger.
>>
>>29645000
Shut the fuck up. I hope your wife divorces you after having your child.
>>
>>29645332
Not as embarrassing as being a NEET subsisting off chicken tenders and mountain dew in your mother's basement.
>>
I'm 24 and married my first girlfriend as soon as we turned 18. We were each other's first everything and lost our virginities to each other at 14, we were already madly in love even though it had only been a couple of months. Have a four year old son and a daughter on the way!

>>29645232
Nowhere close to a normie, and my wife's even more socially retarded than I am. Neither of us have any social media accounts or could hold a conversation with a stranger in public. I at least am forced to communicate with people at work, we decided it would be best for my wife to stay at home with the kids, she literally doesn't talk to anyone asides from me and her family, I'm basically the only man in her life.

To be honest, I like it better this way. Fuck normies.
>>
>25
>been a minimum wager all my life
>get raped
>son gets born
>seeing him has instilled me with a burning desire to achieve
>started university again
>doing the best I can to become a functioning adult so I can take full custody and get him away from the psycho that is my ex

I wanna save him lads, I really do. I've got 3.5yrs before I graduate. Hope it's enough time before she starts messing with his head.
>>
>>29645368
Youre just L O N L E Y lmao
>>
>>29645537
Congratulations, man. You are basically living the ultimate robot dream. You are the quintessential robot success story. You "made it" so to speak. I'm glad there are people like you on this board.
>>
>>29645521
I have both a bachelors and master's degree in accounting. I already have a job.

Nice try though.
>>
Idk if I really feel mature, but Im always wondering how the next few years will work out with gf .
>19
>Going into sophomore year of Uni
>dating for about a year now
>things are great
>Approved for research grant this next year
>looking for my first apartment atm

Im hoping things only get better. But she wants to be a teacher and Im planning on becoming a Forest Ranger right out of Uni.
>>
>>29645743
So just live by a school near a forest. Problem solved. Congrats on grabbing life by the balls btw.
>>
>>29645537
>think this will turn into Stacy crushing a robots heart story
>4 year old son and daughter on the way!
Oh shit. That honestly sounds fucking amazing, congrats anon.
>>
>>>/facebook/
Also breeders: kill yourselves.
>>
>>29645770
Shit thats pretty simple.
I jusr hope shes okay with a rural lifestyle like I want.
>>
>>29645362
>You mean it wasn't trash when unemployed basement dwelling rejects solely dominated the board?

that was the whole point of this board you fucking retard. if you want to talk about this shit go to reddit
>>
What the fuck m8, you have completely, utterly fucked up. You chose to waste your youth and you KNOW that what you have now will not last. Just DONT get children and do NOT get married. Trust me senpai. Do NOT do those things.
>>
>>29646398

The true way forward is many babies young and to create a strong, united family under you. People who put off creating a household are hedonist degenerates afraid of real responsibility.
>>
i'm 24, unemployed but in an extremely serious relationship with an older woman who wants to have my children and have me be a stay at home parent and work on getting an MFA while she makes big money. It's a very surreal feeling.
>>
>>29646524

Why can't I just go full Genghis Khan and fuck bitches all across the world without supporting them?
>>
>>29646517

There will always be people who will say "YOU COULD BE OUT DRINKING AND GETTING MORE PUSSY MAAAAN", but I think being young, healthy, and able to play with/take care of your kid is more important. Plus, most of the people who make the "you're wasting the best years of your life" argument are pathetic losers who can't deal with aging and act the same at 39 as they did at 21.

You're winning, OP. Don't listen to the degenerates. Produce many offspring and pass on the work ethic and values that led to your success.
>>
>>29646398

....what

this seems really suspect
>>
>>29645000
>he thinks thar being in school and gettig hitched early in life makes him "mature"

All of my fucking kek.
>>
>>29645162
Most people I know from medical school ended up staying with their significant others. It's definitely over 50%, especially for those in serious relationships.

>>29645349
Better medical school than residency
>>
>>29646398
I'm not buying this
>>
>>29647108
>29647108

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE CHAD GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29647108
Lmao I went to the American school in Delhi. The city is a total shithole. Also why do you feel you have to prove yourself to random strangers on r9k nonetheless. If people don't believe what you have to say, man up and ignore them. Jesus.
>>
>>29647213

M8, if people do or don't believe isn't a big deal. As it stands, it's 1:41am - I don't have much better to do than this, aside from probably sleep.
>>
>>29647227
Instead of trying so hard to convince us you could be been planning your next "trip"...

M8
>>
>>29647286

My next trip is to bed, if I can pry myself away from the computer.

Mexico in August, though. Trying to decide on Brazil or Tanzania in December.
>>
If a girl wanted to marry me and have children with me then I could see myself as being just like you.

But I'm literally a world away from that. I've never had a girlfriend let alone anyone who's wanted to spend more than a few weeks with me.

What shocks me is the social disparity that exists between someone like you and someone like me.

How could one person have so much, this young, while all of those things have basically skipped me and I'm here at age 27 thinking that I'll be in my mid-thirties or later by the time I have a willing partner to have kids.

Why is there such huge inequality in this world?
>>
File: what is i have no idea.jpg (125 KB, 715x957) Image search: [Google]
what is i have no idea.jpg
125 KB, 715x957
>29
>2 kids
>third on the way
>put myself through college while working a soulcrushing assembly plant job
>ran away at 17 with my wife because she was going to run either way and I loved her even then
>got married within a month of my 18th birthday
>haven't had contact with my family since, mostly out of fear
I guess it counts. I always figured I'd be sitting in a shitty apartment drinking and playing Viewtiful Joe for the 50th time at 30.
>>
>>29645280
[citation needed]

fucking oregano comment niggerbot
>>
>>29645362

Not understanding the qualities that make people robots preclude them from ever becoming a normie in any real way. Trying to "help them" is essentially just rubbing your naturally born advantageous attributes in their faces, because they can't change.

You have brilliantly exposed the egocentrist normie mindset that cloaks itself in a false sense of charity and altruism. Normies can't empathize with those they deem below them, only feel pity or disgust toward. Just look at your reply for a perfect example

So please kindly go fuck yourself normie and return to putting up an empassioned paragraph on facebook about whatever cause of the week you've bandwagoned on and fucking your gf or whatever.
>>
>>29645000
Ree. Oregano comments.
>>
File: 1467068096216.jpg (53 KB, 652x822) Image search: [Google]
1467068096216.jpg
53 KB, 652x822
>>29645000
um r u religious

I mad jelly, rabbis said I'm too autisti to get married right now

>tfw its erev Shabbos
>>
>>29645319
You think you're gonna be all grown up in 4 years? I'm 25 now, and from this age, I'd guess people should wait until 30s to marry. Though I won't marry ever
>>
>>29645537
>Nowhere close to a normie, and my wife's
>not a normie
>my wife
This fucking post lmao
You normalshits and your desire to be special snowflakes is downright painful
>>
>>29645537
Hahahah, your family is going to go down in flames.
Same with all the """"""mature"""""" young parents/parents to be. Enjoy fucking your kids lives up.
>>
>>29645594
lel kys
>>
>>29645162
I am in NP school, I see M3/4s plus interns getting engaged and divorced all the time. It's inevitable.
>>
File: 1448989460865.png (192 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1448989460865.png
192 KB, 300x300
>>29646532
Holy shit that sounds so sweet. How did you meet her and how did it get to this stage?
>>
>going through life quickly = mature
Lel
>>
>>29645319
Good on ya, OP. Marriage is the best stronghold against degeneracy.
>tfw getting married at 21 to qt 19yo virgin gf
>>
>>29645000
This was on /pol/ yesterday hahahah wtf nice try.
>>
File: 1456561439684.png (254 KB, 381x403) Image search: [Google]
1456561439684.png
254 KB, 381x403
>>29645000

>having children at the age 23
>"""""""""""""""""mature"""""""""""""""""""""

>being this retarded

Come on now this isn't even bait
>>
>>29645362
I thought that you bring up some valid points until I saw the unironic use of a tripcode.
>>
i have no problem with married men but just so you know if shit hits the fan you are gonna lose everything including your kids

i hope you have some sort of plan
>>
File: checked.jpg (106 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
checked.jpg
106 KB, 900x1200
>>29645000
>Am I going through life too quickly?
Yes, if you are wondering about it. Our grandparents bot married younger than us and didn't give it a second thought but the world is different now. We are all more trapped in existential crises.
>>
>>29648652
>I unironically believe I have to power to change

This is why robots are unhappy
>>
>>29653540
The cost of living makes it hard to start a family so early. But since OP is so competent he doesn't need to worry about that I guess.
>>
>>29645000
more like "
>who here "normie"

fuck off and leave you scum
>>
>>29645537
>wife
>I"m nowhere near a normie

FUCK OFF
>>
>>29645000
fuck off, normie

betcha this is original
>>
File: 1460241160274.jpg (10 KB, 307x307) Image search: [Google]
1460241160274.jpg
10 KB, 307x307
>>29645000
>HUR DUR I AM MATURE FOR PUTTING MY PEE PEE IN A WOMYN
>I R SMART CUZ IM IN SKOOL FOR MEDISENES
fucking normies, man
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.