[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Late night dream thread? Let's talk about our dreams, /r9k/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 11
Late night dream thread? Let's talk about our dreams, /r9k/. What do you dream about?

Me, I've been having a lot of weird dreams lately. I've traditionally had pretty boring dreams but it seems like the past few months, I've been having more strange, out there dreams. Had one last night where it seemed like I was in a different country, maybe some kind of made up Eastern European country, and me and my brothers fought some revolutionists or something? I can hardly remember it, but it was something weird like that. I've never even been to Eastern Europe. I also think I had a half-brother or sister or something fighting on the opposite side, it was weird.

For longer than that though, I've been having recurring dreams where I'm still in high school, only unlike my actual high school experience, I'm much happier, people actually like me, I have friends, and I tend to get invited to parties and stuff. It's sad but it's true. This has been going on for years now, where every few weeks, I'll dream that I'm still in school, I'll see people I knew in high school, and I'm popular. Then I wake up embarrassed that my psyche is still in that time and sad that I never got to experience anything like that.
>>
I have really good hair. Its my only redeeming feature (read: the only thing I ever get compliments on). I had a dream yesterday that my hairline receded into a flat mohawk running straight down the middle of my head. It was devastating.
>>
File: 1435872002592.png (118 KB, 250x247) Image search: [Google]
1435872002592.png
118 KB, 250x247
I don't dream much anymore. The last dream I had I was jacking off a really big dick and I'm not even female.
Best dream I've had in ages.
Drug addiction is no joke anons.
>>
File: 1467080378234.jpg (324 KB, 620x877) Image search: [Google]
1467080378234.jpg
324 KB, 620x877
I have been losing my ability to recall lately, most of my dreams now are about shopping and being in clubs, festivals, and cons. Other than that its morbid nightmares of pigmen. The dreams I'm certain that the dreams I have about socializing is my brain telling me to get out more, as I have been getting more and more reclusive
>>
>>29627921
>I have been losing my ability to recall lately
Same. But it also seems to me that whenever I can recall my dreams, for whatever reason, they're very strange.

>tfw had a dream a little while ago that me and my mom or dad were abducted by aliens but it wasn't really creepy for some reason despite me having a fear of aliens
>>
I just woke up a few hours ago (weird sleep schedule). I remember one dream. I was levitating really high in the sky in a cross legged position meditating, and then I descended to just inches above the ground. Then the dream stopped.

I don't know what it means. I looked "meditate" up in a dream dictionary and it said, "Meditate: To dream that you are meditating represents self-acceptance and enlightenment. It also suggests that you need to be less judgmental on others and not be so hard on yourself."

It's complete bullshit.
>>
>>29627850
>The last dream I had I was jacking off a really big dick and I'm not even female

They have those. They're called shinjuji baka senpai sama ~~ *
>>
>>29628062
>It's complete bullshit.
Dreams are certainly a window to your psyche and they can certainly have meaning. There's some validity to dream interpretations and such.

Maybe that dream dictionary was just off.

Having recurring dreams about the same subjects over and over again certainly means something, for one thing.
>>
>>29628121
I used dreammoods.com

Arin Hanson recommended it in a Super Mario Galaxy episode of Game Grumps so it has to be good.
>>
Seeing as this all theory...
>Learn about the empty chair approach/technique.
>Do that
>BUT WITH YOUR DREAMS!
>Even objects, or people in your dreams.
>See what turns up.
????????????????
>>
>>29628157
Arin's full of shit. Dude sucks at 3D games and thinks OoT sucks.

That said, I just tend to google dream dictionaries and check out multiple of them whenever I'm confused about a dream I had. Some of them seem pretty spot on.
>>
File: 1354655915001.png (419 KB, 802x802) Image search: [Google]
1354655915001.png
419 KB, 802x802
>never dream any more
>nightmares, every night
>last night I was in some trailer park being chased by two young women with large knives, one was carrying a screaming baby
>knocked the knife out of one of their hands, slit her eyes open
>instead of blood or vitreous coming out, her eyes parted like paper and I could see piercing, bright blue eyes under the slits I made
>she screamed and stabbed me in the heart
>woke up with massive chest pain and couldn't breathe

>tfw this was the least disturbing nightmare I've had in years
>>
>>29628332
>>29628332
anon I"m so sorry, you should just drink a lot or something. Do anything that suppresses REM.
>>
>>29628332
are you taking melatonin by any chance? or any other medication that might have sleep related side effects?
>>
>>29627666
Most of my dreams are like my life, boring and monotonous. I do get nightmarish dreams every few nights but they're not monsterous, it's usually just me getting severely ruined. I used to get lucid dreams, but my brain constantly rejected me when I tried to have sex in them. Flying was cool though.
>>
I dreamed about white walkers from Game of Thrones.

I also had a jet pack and flew above the ground to avoid them, though I never saw them, I knew they were coming.

I was afraid that the fuel in the jet pack would run out.
>>
>>29627666
For some reason, I've been dreaming about my old apartment lately.
>>
>>29628370
I do drink a lot but it doesn't do much I'm afraid.

>>29628413
I take propranolol which can cause nightmares, but I'm on the lowest possible effective dose and had nightmares even before I started taking it.
>>
>Be in my bedroom
>Girl I used to like back when I was 15-16 is on top of me, half clothed.
>I somehow managed to age her up mentally, which is the weirdest part to me.
>She's begging me to impregnate her, something about how it's vital.
>Push her off, disgusted.
>Tell her that I don't respect women who offer themselves like that, and I don't care if the world ends as long as I'm the last man in it.
>She starts shouting at me, can't remember what she said.
>"I won't compromise my principles, even if it means letting go."
>That sentence stuck with me for some reason.
>Leave her alone in my bedroom.

I haven't thought about this girl in three years. I have no idea why I thought of any of that.
>>
I had a dream I poured a glass of oj with some stranger looking at me, then the stranger says, "you know that's the last orange juice in the world." I down the glass like it was nothing and say, "I love me some good oj. Oh no! that was the last oj" woke up like wtf
>>
I've been experimenting with dream incubation.

At first, I thought it was some new-agey bullshit (I'm hoping to use it to help induce lucid dreams), but I've actually gotten it to work for me. I don't have too much data yet, only a few days, but if I can keep on having success with it, I think it'll be really good.

I hope to use dreams to explore myself psychologically - to become lucid within a dream, and to have my dream-mind reveal to me information about myself
>>
Has anyone else died in a dream and immediately woke up with a strange pain somewhere on your body? It used to happen sometimes I think in my early teens. The pain would always be in my lower back around where your kidney is.

The only specific dream where I can remember this happening was one that recurred a few times and in it I was some kind of super human who had super jumping abilities, and I was jumping around this bright silver place made entirely of odd machinery, for instance there would be some kind of platform moving through the air on a conveyor belt like mechanism. The entire ground of the place was just a sea of silver matallic looking jagged spikes. I would just be jumping around, exploring this place, until eventually I would I guess make a wrong jump and fall the the spikes, which would cause me to wake up with that pain.
>>
All my dreams are either being back at school and I haven't done the homework/haven't studied for a test, or I am playing football. And I don't even like football.
>>
>its an anon gets bullied in school again dream
>>
>>29627666
just woke up from a creepy one

>standing in a parking lot with a crowd of people
>overall feeling is somber and nervous
>everyone looking around in anticipation
>some whispering among themselves
>"he's a drug addict"
>"he's out of control"
>wondering who it is
>this guy i graduated with is walking angrily away from the crowd
>he's wearing ragged clothing and has disheveled hair
>he's the one they were talking about
>he gets to his car, opens the door, pulls out an Uzi
>starts walking towards the crowd
>starts shooting at the crowd
>i dive behind an open car door
>eventually he's subdued
>the mob puts him on the hood of a car
>one guy points a shotgun at his face
>"if we're not here, then you're dead"
>wake up

the guy i graduated with had never been a drug addict. or even seemed like he did drugs. and i think the dream is related to all the coverage of football chad manziel i've been hearing.
>>
File: 1445144805639.gif (2 MB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
1445144805639.gif
2 MB, 260x260
I had a weird day few days ago
>be me
>delivering something to some guy
>turn around to walk away
>he puts his hands over my eyes while behind me
>moves my head around and starts hitting my head
>wake up in a home
>walk to another room where an acquaintance from my childhood is sitting in bed
>understand he needs his limbs amputated
>suddenly at the first place again
>in the pool infront of the place
>wake up

I was a weird dream and I really wonder if there is a deeper meaning to this.
>>
>>29629862
Not really but I had something a little similar once as a kid.

>running in a large home which is like a labyrinth
>a young woman is chasing me
>must not see her for some reason
>end up in a bedroom similar to mine
>dive in bed
>lay on back, looking at the door
>the woman runs in
>yells something
>hits me in the leg near the groin with a small wooden block

I woke up in the exact position I was in when she hit me and felt something, but not pain, where she hit me.
>>
File: IMG_98851.jpg (37 KB, 660x371) Image search: [Google]
IMG_98851.jpg
37 KB, 660x371
what a dream I had today when I sleep for 2 hours at the after non.

I had today alot of semi lucid dream, ussaly when I have lucid drems I just try to fuck the first woman I see.
but there was one dream that was different.
>dream start in my room(like a lot of lucid dreams that happen to me on the afternoon
>I go out of my window to the roof, trying to find a girl outside
>I see my garden, it's look diffrent, bigger trees and trees that are not exists on earth, also my house look bigger.
>ok I want to go to that direction that I usually go when I have this kind of dreams that start on my room
>the house is much taller then my irl house
>i jumped but for the first secend I can't fly, so I panic for a little bit but then manage to fly without using the technique of imagine rockets on your back
>on the spot that I have Fig Tre in the garden irl, there is diffrent, bigger tree. I touched his top when I passed above him, recovering from the fall from the start.
>I continue flying and then there is bigger trees with wired Branches, I no longer imagne "rockets" but using my hands and more wil power to fly.
>I passed this tree from above and then I notice I am pretty high because I it was a very tall tree(I never been this high in dreams when having lucid dream)
>I can see futerictic city from the distence
>there is some orange vibe to the atmosphere of this place
>so I try to get higher now because I feel like I can
>in one second I get high enough to see the land from above(I can see that it's not like any place on earth, there are alot of bigs island shape like marks of claws.)
>one second later I am above the clouds in the edge of the atmosphere, I can clealy see that this planet is not earth.
> and one more weird thing when I got high I couldn't get above the edge of the atmosphere and on my left there was a drone that I couldn't touch and whenever I tryed I saw black on the left side of my sight
part 1
>>
>>29632291
part 2
>I felt now that I am about to wake up, now I see only blackeness and a few moment later I wake up feeling a little tierd but amazing feeling.

I really feel like i was in different universe that have a different earth or was in different planet.

also sorry for my english
>>
I dreamt that Jeffrey Dahmer was snooping around and kidnapping kids, including girls (even though he was a homo), and then he got caught by a guard. But Dahmer was so likeable that the guard warmed up to him and even slept in the same bed.

Pretty weird, probably dreamt it because I was reading about him last week
>>
Jump potee
>>
File: 1445800163716.jpg (411 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1445800163716.jpg
411 KB, 1920x1080
Does any of you guys lucid dream on regular? I have been practising it for over 3 years now and I'm lucid on multiple occasions every week.
I can answer any questions regarding lucid dreaming or any dream related subject, help you achieve lucidity etc. so feel free to ask me anything.
>>
I get a lot of dreams usually involving people loathing/ being disgusted by me and involving some kind of story with me repeatedly encountering this person/ group
>>
Once i had a dream where my reflection from a mirror emerged and tried to strangle me and then i sucked my replicas penis.
I literally don't know what the fuck my mind was telling me.
>>
>>29633489
I have been lucid dreaming intentionally since I was a small child. I don't do it very often anymore because it makes me feel as if I hadn't slept the night I do it, but if anyone is curious about the subject I can also answer any questions.
>>
>>29633841
I wish I started earlier. It seems illogical to be tired from lucid dreaming. My sleep has improved greatly since I got into it. Your brain is in the exact same state as if you were dreaming normally, except for the fact that you are aware of the process.
Well, even if you were right, one ld is like ten minutes to half an hour of my sleep.
>>
File: 1467265199713.png (281 KB, 259x547) Image search: [Google]
1467265199713.png
281 KB, 259x547
I usually have extremely short dreams, lasting about a couple minutes, or seconds before I wake up. It's really odd, or maybe my dreams feel short.

Last night I think I had a dream, i'm not too sure. It was just a repeating image of what appeared to be some sort of shape that resembled a detailed heart, but not really. Also, the image's colors changed and it was really fuzzy, so that's all I remember.

Would that count as a dream? I seriously don't know.
>>
>>29634217
I don't understand it. I wish it helped, it would be a blessing. But every time I lucid dream it's as if I didn't really dream at all.
>>
>>29633489
>help you achieve lucidity etc
I've always wanted to try lucid dreaming, but i've never done it before. Have any websites or advice for beginners?
>>
File: 1458482738733.jpg (286 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1458482738733.jpg
286 KB, 1080x1080
Last night I had this weird dream that I was teleporting into the bedrooms of little girls and they were showing me their nipples and stuff, and all at the same time the cops or the FBI was trying to track me down and had no clue what to do because I was teleporting.

First time I had a sexual dream about little girls though. I like girls my age, below my age, and above my age (milfs) about equally.
>>
>>29634354
I'd recommend dreamviews .com. It's a lucid dreaming forum. I like that place because there is an active community. And it's also mostly free of bullshit as there are lot of false assumptions and controversy regarding lds on the internet.
>>
I had a nightmare just like that scene in jacob's ladder where he's running from the car then he sees a demon. I'm in that state after you stop smoking weed where your REM sleep gets back to normal and you have quite vivid dreams. Downside is that I wake up and keep going back to sleep because my dreams are so much more interesting than my life
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.