[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: 1453329630124.gif (65 KB, 623x224) Image search: [Google]
1453329630124.gif
65 KB, 623x224
For years now, i am a neet.

If you want, you could call me a monk, i just sit home all day, do not participate in wordly desires, do not fight for money or sex, i just sit here and think about everything, for about 5 years now.

Of course, most of the time, i watch streams, 4chan, game.

If one still holds tight on to his ego, you need some kind of 'work' even if it's to work in an game.

But after a time you begin to question, you begin research.

>after 5 years, a neet is disconnected to things that cause war in normies.

>money, greed, women, power, it's gone for the most of us, we don't need it anymore.

>Now slowly, you begin to question everything, why you are that way, and why the world is how it is

>at first you blame your parrents, genetics, autism, mental illness, you don't want to accept that you are the one causing your 'existential crisis' in this moment. You don't wan't to be responsible.

>but after that, you slowly begin to realise that all this anger towards your body, your parrents, your mind, is not to feel good, but to let your unreal Ego feel good.

>now you slowly begin to understand

>you research philosophy, religions, physics, everything that could explain the madness on this planet, because, the universe is harmony after all.
>>
>now you sit here, on one night. Thinking about the meaningless of everything, you just realise that everything is being, but that the humans aren't really being.

>suddenly you feel like time has frozen, you watch everything around you in a new view, it feel's beautiful, you get it, you get everything, everything that is build up by atoms, that has an essence, a cup, your mouse, your bottle of water.

>for seconds you see pure light and a never felt peace before, just when looking around the room.

>That is called a satori.

>after a few seconds, you begin to think again about things in your life, money problems, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satori

I had several of these in the last year, i think i am getting closer to the awakening. But before that i should probably leave this board.
>>
File: 197px-Jerry_Sussman.jpg (13 KB, 197x287) Image search: [Google]
197px-Jerry_Sussman.jpg
13 KB, 197x287
>>29620044
>read SICP
>experience satori
it was pretty """""dank""""" i must say
>>
>>29620051
We are universe, universe is us. We are universe experiencing it self. Deep down there is no self, just an observer. People think of them selves as individuals, not realizing it's all ego delusions.
>>
I have learned philosophy and spirituality are fucking gay
>>
A cross section of a tree's root system would lead you to believe that a tree is supported by numerous individual roots, but when you look at the system of roots in three dimensions, you eventually realize that even though there are myriad roots, they all belong to the singular entity of the tree.

We are the roots to life's tree.
>>
>>29620051
Yeah op twice, but mine was a sense that everything in the world is how its supposed to be. A profound feeling for sure
>>
>>29620044
>>29620051
In non-autispeak it's called an epiphany, but that's not what you had. You had a temporary disconnection with reality. Keep it up and you'll be one of those homeless guys babbling to themselves on the street. Oh they're so enlightened though, you're so much better than everyone else. You may have less distractions, but you're far from figuring things out.

How do I know? Who the hell am I? I'm in the same situation as you but several years in. I however drown out a portion of my thinking each day with hard manual labor (it will help you with what you seek, trust me). If a temporary"lights flickering" moment is what you call enlightenment youre as dumb as the kids popping LSD and thinking they're enlightened. It's a connection to the oneness, not a disconnect, and you'll sure as shit know it when it hits you. There's no simple way of understanding it, you have to study several complex things ranging from the physics of the universe as a whole to the psyche of living, conscious creatures. Understand the perspective relative to the nature of things, their origin, and what will become of them.

It's chaos, it's nothing but a machine. But as the saying goes there is "god within the machine"
>>
File: 12539437543214.jpg (12 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
12539437543214.jpg
12 KB, 260x194
>>29620044
>If you want, you could call me a monk
>Of course, most of the time, i watch streams, 4chan, game.

You're not a fucking monk, you're just another lazy NEET like everyone else on this board

Fuck outta here with your holier than thou attitude
>>
>>29623088

You are both fools if you think that you are actually part of something, anything such as a god exists, or that there is any purpose to your suffering.
>>
>>29623194
Indeed it's of little significance, but there is a driving force behind the universe. A god if you will, and you're just as much it as anything else.
>>
>>29623284

There is no foundation that supports this or any reason for you to believe in such a thing other than your own fear of Nihilism.
>>
>>29620044
The universe is not harmony. That's the fucking problem OP.

You can delude yourself as much as you want but the universe is actually misguided disharmony, or at least this planet is.
>>
Something like this >>29621345 although not very intense but felt bretty gud, peace and harmony is how I'd describe it. It helps having an interest in physics and science, trying to know how the mind works and what consciousness is.

>>29623088
But LSD can help no? The basic working of it from what ive read is it enhances all kind of connections in the brain, hence the feeling of oneness for some when theyre already feeling it before taking the acid or other fucked up shit when they arent.
>>
>>29620044
Yeah I guess so, ive taken a lot of psychedelics, id say they helped me out of some bad times in my life. But they've also brought about some serious crippling depression and suicidal thoughts. Also, I assume they have something to do with my un-diagonosed bi-polar disorder, and if i dont have bipolar, then im definitely paranoid that i do which is probably a direct result of my drug usage.
>>
>>29623386
The foundation requires knowledge of many facets to understand. You've not gone seeking the evidence yet you claim it's not there.

As I stated, it's not something conveniently simple. There's no sentence I could type to give you that quick "Ah-ha!" moment you desire. Nor do I care enough to take the few hours to explain to you the extent of my eclectic knowledge, nor do I have enough time left on my AOL internet trial account.
>>
>at first you blame your parrents, genetics, autism, mental illness, you don't want to accept that you are the one causing your 'existential crisis' in this moment. You don't wan't to be responsible.

No matter how much you meditate or how many amazing realizations you get, you will never have free will.

Our feelings and behaviors are caused by our genetics and our experiences/other environmental (internal and external) factors, full stop.

You can't just will yourself to have a "satori", and even if you could, that will would have a cause.
>>
These experiences are personal and for most people its hard to share its better to just keep it to yourself its a personal journey anon
>>
>>29623517

I've been there and done that, exactly same situation has you described. Doctor diagnosed me with depression, prescribed me benzos, but I put them in the trash and never told my parents what happened, they thought that I was bipolar and for a while I actually believed it, I'm living happily now and I can give you some tips on what happened if there's something you wish to know
>>
>>29620044
>If you want, you could call me a monk,
Nono I'm ok with just calling you a disgrace
>>
>>29623523

It's actually alot simpler, but whatever, keep using mental gymnastics to help yourself sleep @ night. We've been doing it since the first man looked up to the skyand saw the sun, religion after all wasn't made up for any other reason, other than escape the irrational that is existance.
>>
>>29620044
If I ever meet Satori on the road, I will kill him.
>>
>>29623472
>LSD

Fuck no. You'll fuck your neurons up so much you won't be able to fathom true knowledge, let alone process basic mathematics. All that drugs = enlightenment bullshit is lazily engineered by stoners who want other people to waste themselves away with them, or get it legalized so mom can't tell them not to do it anymore.

Again, what they're feeling is a disconnected, not connectivity. If you want that take a nap.

And no sleeping isn't travelling through another dimension or anything. It's your neurons firing off unconsciously. Because of the disorganized nature we can't understand the strange feelings or images it conveys sometimes. What's going on with your subconscious however ties into the bigger picture of what the universe is and our relationship to it, or I should say your subconscious itself. You can come to understand this through deep meditation and study of your mind, not drugs. Do you see a theme? It takes work to do, many try to deny this because many are lazy.
>>
>>29620044
Yes, when I was very depressed and lost and I was doing research, I realized there are millions of people of a certain religion trying to bring back children who died from cancer. They fully believe that if science advances enough, children who are long gone with decayed bodies will be brought back to life and they can fix everything that has ever gone wrong. These people fight and struggle every day because they believe in this so much.

>>29623441
This is true. Anyone who acts like a Buddhist monk and acts like enlightenment means not caring about anything and acting like everything is fine the way it is is wrong and misleading.

The universe is in a very chaotic state with suffering because people need to go through a learning process. Eventually, people will unite and work to advance science and technology to the point where they turn this universe into "Heaven" instead of hoping to go there when they die.
>>
>>29623693
this is some hardcore bullshit right here, and fairly obvious that this guy hasnt done any drugs ever.
>>
>>29623088
You are both wrong, I had an epiphany and all it took was for me to almost die
One can't achieve enlightenment through thought or meditation, to achieve it you need to abandon everything that is material in the world, you need to self destruct. People claim that by limiting the senses you come close to that but sight, touch taste, smell and hear are just some of the senses the human has.
>>
>>29623636
A simple mind wants a simple answer.

"The mind is god" "We are god" "We are the universe" are not very descriptive. Such explanations only lead to more questions do they not? It's an attempt at seeking a simple answer to a complex question, in fact one of the most complex ever asked. It's L-A-Z-Y, which doesn't surprise me considering the nature of people these days.
>>
>>29620044
>If you want, you could call me a monk
>do not participate in worldly desires
>watch streams, 4chan, game
not a contradiction at all... you're not a monk, actual monks in the west live a life of devotion and actual monks in the east live a life of furthering one's own understanding of the world. I've interacted with western and eastern monks in the past, and both of these types would not do anything of this nature. They would both look at the internet as a hindrance to one's own potential for the most part.
>>
>>29623776
Yeah?

Dude...

weed lmao
>>
>>29623733
We're never going to get to the technologic singularity with all these shitskins holding us back.

Prime example, NASA hasn't made as much efforts as it could to explore new planets, they're more concerned with hiring more minorities and making a black woman their president. They'll also never terraform a planet for human colonization, because "colonization r bad"
>>
>>29623922
>We're never going to get to the technologic singularity with all these shitskins holding us back.
Yeah... that's what's holding us back. Ignore the fact that there are literally white nationalists who are afraid of scientific developments that can make people smarter, and are just like dark age Christians who think everything scientific is against God.

Stop blaming nonwhites. The average person of any race has a deep fear of science, and if public opinion turned against them it would be bad.
>>
>>29624089
Dude totally. It's places like Brazil and Zimbabwe that are going to get to the point of colonizing the stars. Stupid hwite christian gay haters are ruining everything!
>>
>>29624464
>white people saying science is bad
>ignores that and blames zimbabweans and brazilians
>>>/pol/
>>
>>29623733
you have way too much faith in the human race if you think that is ever going to happen

the universe and nature worked perfectly fine for billions of years before humans came to exist and started questioning shit, we would be much better off respecting the natural order and living alongside it instead of trying to change it for our benefit
>>
>>29624785
>you have way too much faith in the human race if you think that is ever going to happen
Yeah I know. That's how I felt for a long time too, until I realized that most people are longing for similar things, and noticing how similar all people are.

>>29624785
>the universe and nature worked perfectly fine for billions of years before humans came to exist and started questioning shit
I guess, there wasn't anyone around to appreciate it though so it might as well have not existed at all.

>we would be much better off respecting the natural order and living alongside it instead of trying to change it for our benefit
That's an appeal to nature fallacy. The natural order without attempting to change it involves suffering, starvation, disease, and death.

Less people in developed nations are starving to death, we have real cures for diseases that don't rely on witchcraft, and we can even revive people who are technically dead with defibrillators.

It's easy to get discouraged seeing how people are selfish, use science and technology to kill each other, etc. but it doesn't have to be that way.
>>
>>29623922
Nothing can hold the singularity back. Its the natural conclusion to the universe
>>
>>29625016
Theres responsible use of technology and irresponsible use. Right now we use it very irresponsibly and it's destroying society and the world's ecosystem. You really have to be an optimist to think there's going to be some turning point. This is chaos, it's not a carefully scripted story with a happy ending. Many things that have befell humanity in the past have been utter tragedy, and our ultimate outcome could very well be the same.

I have hope too, but I feel like a fool sometimes. Look around you...
>>
>>29625220
Then you must inform people and direct them to the right path, don't sit back and watch them be confused and destroy each other

But you have to do it from a place of strength and love, not hate. Make them want to do what's right, you can't force them. Be someone they want to follow.
>>
>>29623873
Came on here to reply something to this effect.

>>29620044
How can you call yourself a monk when your life is based around endlessly consuming media? Or even consuming new ideas? I don't know if you trying to see yourself as some kind of Buddhist or not, but that is the antithesis of Buddhism at least.
>>
>>29623873
>They would both look at the internet as a hindrance to one's own potential for the most part.
>can talk to people on the other side of the earth almost instantly
>can read news from every corner of the earth every day
>can study topics on every culture, history, religion, etc.
Maybe if you just sit on facebook/youtube and talk about celebrities
>>
File: CAM00197.jpg (853 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
CAM00197.jpg
853 KB, 2448x3264
>>29625455
Because he's using monk as a catch-all term for a person who renounces mainstream society and the common desires associated with it.

I would say the term hermit is more applicable despite the negative connotation from a societal perspective.

That isn't to invalidate the points OP is trying to convey though. If you remove social status as something to compete for, you find it incredibly difficult to muster the motivation to do anything other than exist. This is where most people come full stop and give in to depression or anxiety.

The time we grew up in makes us constantly compare ourselves story everyone else, so when we cease to do so, we are at a loss.

The secret is to be content with what you have and to live in the moment rather than deliberate what could be done in that moment instead. So what if you are a NEET with no prospects and you spend everyday posting on a Chinese spice trading forum and playing video games? If you happen to enjoy video games, you should be stoked that you are able to sit there and play video games simply because you enjoy video games.

All life is is a random combination of microscopic parts smashed together to create a being. Not every being is the same, despite being told all our lives that "Success" should be the end-all goal.

"Success" doesn't always mean having a suit and tie job making 6 figures. To someone who wanted to start a family, sure, that seems to line up well for them, particularly in a postwar country when stabilization and repopulation are everyone's goal; a high paying job is conducive to that definition of success. We are still trying to fit into that definition when the definition is no longer applicable to our current state of affairs.

tl;dr everyone needs to stop trying to live up to a dead meme while simultaneously creating their own meme that leads to their subjective happiness.

Every corpse on Mt. Everest was once an incredibly motivated person.
>>
>>29625924
He's not just existing, he's chasing after ideas and feels and entertainment everyday. How is that any better on any fundamental level than some normie chasing after sex?
>>
>>29625993
Everyone at all times moves because of an idea or thought; that is something inherent in sentience. You're falling in the trap where you are comparing his mode of existence to that of the norman whose mode of existence revolves around sex and status.

Neither path is inherently better than the other, but one may be more subjectively "correct" relative to each individual.

For example, like OP a majority of my time is spent thinking or using the Internet to learn things I find interesting. To me, having almost the entirety of human knowledge accessible at almost any time in my pocket is the coolest fucking thing and I take joy in being able to take pieces of that and synthesize them in such a way that makes sense to me on a subjective level. I have no interest in chasing women or clubbing or anything of the sort.

Now, just because I don't engage in those behaviors personally, that doesn't mean that they are more or less "good" or correct than the man trying to fulfill his biological imperative in a way that society deems fit.

The man may be perfectly content chasing those things all his life as am I sitting in the background learning about things that I think are interesting.

What is normal is defined by the majority and anything that exists outside of that narrow definition is viewed with contempt or skepticism, even if there is no direct resultant force impeding the majority simply because it exists and it is different.

I'm different from the Norman and the Norman is different from me. That doesn't mean I am superior to the Norman and vice versa; just that we derive a similar emotional stimuli from different parts of life in the way that different animals thrive in different ecosystems.

It was never a question of who is right or good, but how good or right the situation is for the entity subjectively.
>>
>>29623088
was expecting this kind of reply. lol yeah science can answer everything.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.