[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anybody here know how to work a walmart or any cash register?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 17374728182.png (751 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
17374728182.png
751 KB, 1920x1280
anybody here know how to work a walmart or any cash register? i dont know how they work and im nervous about my new job as a casheir.
>>
I'm a manager for CVS. Don't sweat it, everything you do wrong at the register can easily be reversed by someone above you with little issues. That's what I tell all trainees. You'll do fine, OP. And you should have someone training you for about an hour there anyway.
>>
>>29592262
don't they teach you or something?
>>
>>29592297
i applied for it, havent got there yet.
>>
Seriously, you'll be trained before they let you on your own. Just don't come up short at the end of the day and you'll be fine.
>>
>>29592262
>scan barcode of products, input codes for produce (typically in a binder)
>computer does all the math for you
>tell customer total.
>they either swipe their card + sign of give you cash.
>If cash type in cash given, give back appropriate change
congrats you are now expert at cashiering forever. Be prepared for bad jokes and akward small talk until you:
a) get a better job/position
b) lose will to live
c) go full NEET
>>
>>29592262
They will train you
>>
>>29592262
Is this your first job nigger? They fucking train you.
>>
When I worked at a store, they didn't train me on anything. I showed up and they told me to start doing the register and start stocking and I had to figure it all out. Later on I saw my manager had a "training checklist" and checked that she trained me on everything, even forged my initials and signature on it.

Then I get new people who actually have retail experience and they're like "waaah I don't know what to do, nobody trained me" just fucking do it. Figure it out. They never try anything. Something goes wrong and they start calling for manager, for God's sake just figure it out.
>>
>>29592623
sounds like that store was under poor management.
>>
>>29592262
What is happening in this pepe?
>>
>>29592821
he's dealing with a difficult hard to understand concept
>>
>>29592857
Truly an abstract pepe.
>>
>>29592623

sort of the same situation here. I was required to pass CBLs and was trained by a member of management but when we get a new associate, they completely bypass any CBLs or formal training at all and have current associates train them during normal working hours

OP surely they're letting you do the CBL first. it explains everything you need to know
>>
File: 20160628_162335.jpg (544 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160628_162335.jpg
544 KB, 2048x1152
Its piss easy pham
>>
a literal monkey/child could do this. you will be fine
>>
File: 1466105192200.png (414 KB, 800x720) Image search: [Google]
1466105192200.png
414 KB, 800x720
OP this level of stupidity is unbecoming of humanity. Have you never had a job before? do you not know what training is? They dont slap you on the spot and not tell you what to do or how to do it man.
>>
>>29592322
They'll teach you, you fucking retard holy christ.
>>
File: nervous.jpg (33 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
nervous.jpg
33 KB, 480x454
>got my first job at a theme park
>the only training i got was a powerpoint presentation
>managers dropped me alone in front of a register I had no idea how to use
>had limited coworkers since the season just started
>had to manage the cash register, restock products and make ice cream at the same time
>the ice cream machine was difficult to use and had to be restarted often
>had no idea what i was doing
>the line was piling up and everyone was yelling at me

jesus christ that was a nightmare. i got used to it after a couple days but i was on the verge of tears.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.