[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fast Food Depression
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 12
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 259x194
How can you wageslaves stand it? I've only worked at my burger job for 4 days and I already want to kill myself. I have to stand on my feet all day with one short break. I have to do the same task over and over until my soul goes numb. Until of course I get moved from the kitchen to the counter or drive thru halfway through the day, something I stress about during the whole kitchen part. Then I have to make myself vulnerable and try to talk to customers, stressing about it every second, nervousness increasing in anticipation for the next one, only to seem like a phony serial killer to them, or worse, the customer can't understand what I'm saying. And I recognize some of these people from muh high school days, and they probably recognize me, but are too embarrassed for me to say anything.

My boss says he might fire me if I can't improve my social skills. Frankly, I want to let him at this point, but I need this job that I hate so much.

Is this what life amounts to for us? How can I make it better? Please, I'm begging you robots, I need an answer here.
>>
File: timefodat.jpg (115 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
timefodat.jpg
115 KB, 400x400
Nigga, you need to learn how to get straight to the point, or you won't get any replies.
>>
>>29552091
>that dank meme! xD!

Back to >>>/b/
>>
Fuck fast food, grocery store retail is where it's at
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>29551962
It gets better after a while. The first few weeks are pure hell. Eventually, you get used to all the tasks and no longer have to think about it. You just sort of zone out and go into a long auto-pilot mode.

It's mind-numbing and boring and it's always stressful, but not as bad as it is the first few days.

Then after things get better, a few months pass and they get much, much, worse. You start to dread waking up. You'll be handing a customer change and realize how much you don't want to be here. Or you'll be in the back cooking and a wave of pure dread and misery hits you like a brick. You get home and feel too tired and mentally fatigued to do anything except sleep and maybe drink. Everything blurs into a slow dull grayness. On your days off you find it hard to work up motivation or energy to do anything. Your schedule separates you from normal society, which operates M-F 9-5. You feel like you're waiting for something but you're not sure what it is.
>>
>>29551962
Try to zone out while you're working. When I work I'll fantasize about things or stories to keep my brain occupied. Helps the day go by much faster.
>>
>>29552169
>>29552212
I can't just zone out. I naturally have a mumbly, 4 year old sounding autistic speaking voice, so I have to make a concentrated effort to sound like a decent person.
>>
>>29552299
>triple dubs!

But seriously, you really are autistic, huh? I thought the autism on this board was just a meme.
>>
>>29551962
This week I'm working in 100+ degree weather digging trenches, taking out lawns, and laying concrete. I have to work fast because I get paid by the hour. My foreman barely speaks English. I get called Mikey, which is short for Michael Meyers because my coworkers thought my shyness makes me a serial killer. Every day is hell and I lay awake at night stressed over how little sleep I'm getting.

I'm getting paid slightly above minimum wage.

It could be so much worse. It could be worse for me. Just consider yourself lucky for having a job that doesn't leave you too physically exhausted to masturbate and constantly sore. Every day requires me to put in 100 percent of my effort. If I use the restroom or take a break, the work is still waiting for me when I get back.
>>
>>29551962
Working fast food transformed me from a robot NEET to a complete Chad after a few months.

I went in a quiet, kissless hugless virgin with not a friend to my name and now I have girls asking for my number almost every day. And my coworkers won't stop flirting with me and grabbing at my crotch for even one second.

But alas, I am a homofag and this is just an abstract form of hell for me.
>>
>>29552169
Fucking this, every single type of job I've ever had goes like this. Sucks really bad at first, then get used to it and it becomes pretty routine and I don't really mind it, then I slowly hit the wall and dread every single second I'm there, get really tired of the co-workers and the customers, and the circle jerk work politics that go on. Basically just every little thing culminates and makes you extremely depressed to be there. And like you said, the dread of thinking about going in, especially when you are off work for the day and then you get home and realize you have to go back and do the same bullshit over again the next morning, then its like I can't even enjoy the time I have off of work because I'm just constantly dreading going in again.
>>
I never worked at fast food but I had a terrible job that made me want to an hero every waking moment of my life. Basically I was the guy who gets sent to fix printers to companies or schools or places like that. I fixed mostly Xerox machines but I also had to fix some HP sometimes. The company would also have me do OS upgrades for certain clients, so I would spend the entire day upgrading computers from XP to 7 in small insurance offices and other shitty places like that.

It was HELL. All day on the move on my shitty 20 years old car going from place to place and dealing with these devilish machines which just don't want to work, while angry normies complain that you're late, that their printer has been stuck for weeks, and that they think it makes weird noises after you replace the part so it will break again, or that print quality isn't perfect. Doing rollout work wasn't any better, because you'd be stuck with these richfags and their shitty computers and their shitty insurance software which always stops working after you upgrade their machines and you can't get the fuck out until they sign a paper that claims that it's all perfectly working.

After around 6 months I started waking up in the middle of the night thinking I had crashed my car and was blind, and having nightmares about being lost and with no fuel (yeah I am not good at finding my way on the road and I got legit lost a few times), and when I could actually sleep I would wake up in the morning already exhausted and screaming curses at my shitty life and everything else.

One day I called them and told them I got the flu, spent two weeks in my room playing vidya, then told them to fuck off and I wasn't going back to work since they were 3 months late with my paycheck. I only got back one month of paycheck and I gave up on getting the rest.

I actually considered killing myself on my car's fumes with a plastic tube I found.

Unemployed ever since, and considering suicide again.
>>
>>29552479
>>29552457
Damn dudes
>>29552431
Fuck off faggot
>>
>>29552665
Sounds like Melvin here is jealous of ol' Twinkle-Toes
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 245x205) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 245x205
Well it sucks OP, you're right. I actually found it worse than you described. But keep working there to learn how to deal with stress and improve your social skills.

Then after 3-4 months you quit.
>>
File: image.jpg (293 KB, 1388x858) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
293 KB, 1388x858
>>29551962
Idk but honestly idk how I stand life in general regardless of my circumstances cause it's always shit

I guess I'm just too much of a pussy to kill myself.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
>>29554405
We're all cucks to that survival instinct, anon. We're all cucks.
>>
>>29551962

I have 5 years total experience in customer service

>1 year working in a hotel
>2 years working in a restaurant
>2 years in retail

I just want a comfy office job

I mean physically comfortable, standing up all day sucks.

Customers fucking suck, all the retail memes are real.
>>
File: pizzapepe.png (247 KB, 459x599) Image search: [Google]
pizzapepe.png
247 KB, 459x599
>>29552169
Just started working at papa johns.
hate working register because I have to answer phone calls. If I didn't have to answer the fucking phone then I'd be fine with it.
>having to put in address phone number name ect.
>the computer system is more complicated than your average fastfood place
>have to remember all the shitty specials
>prank calls happen more often than you think
>have to stand the entire time
>mfw i'm bitching
>>
File: 1466980074943.jpg (58 KB, 718x705) Image search: [Google]
1466980074943.jpg
58 KB, 718x705
>work in food
>both managers are chill as hell
>listen to music and shit talk everybody
My job is really stressfull during rush hour but I just see it as a stepping stone job since I'm in college and it's normal for a shitty job at my age.

If you don't have a shitty job sub 25 years old you either are really lucky or it's due to nepotism no inbetween.
>>
You really get used to it.

Your brain stops fighting the pain after around a month.
>>
To everyone here who has a terrible job, does it feel bad that you had all those teachers telling you to work hard, go to a good college, so you could avoid at least the shittier of jobs?

My advice is either go to college, or learn a trade at trade school. Or pursue a passion you have yet to discover.

But don't think for a minute that working in an office at a corporation is good either, it sucks ass.

Some possible interesting jobs : air traffic controller, welder, plumber, teacher, electrician, bus driver, carpenter, mechanic, engineer, scientist, etc.
>>
>>29554800
Dubs

Also graphic design, artifical intelligence, robotics, sustainable development, animation, video game design, writing/editing, green energy systems, biomedical research.

Hell, you want a good paying guraunteed job, become a physician, there is a massive general practioner shortage coming, and already happening. Even nursing is a great career, or physician assistant, or nurse practioner.

Yolo guys, dont waste it doing bullshit all day.

I believe in all of you.
>>
>he fell for the job meme
Nigga, it's not that hard to get NEETbux. It'll pay for a studio apartment. A NEET doesn't really need any more space than that. Then you can spend all day working on your passion.

I myself practice piano for 8 hours a day.
>>
File: Banana..png (1 MB, 1674x943) Image search: [Google]
Banana..png
1 MB, 1674x943
>>29555490
>he fell for the "he fell for the x meme" meme

hahahahahahahah oh man what a fag!
>>
>>29551962
You learn to distract your mind with stuff.

First thing you needto know is that talking with customers isn't social interaction, it's a script. There are very few things you actually need to say. Write them down, practice them in the mirror, say them with a smile.

Try to show your worth in the kitchen, though. Learn to work and daydream at the same time. Having a waifu or an internal world makes it a lot easier. I've had a story running in my head to keep me calm and entertained since I was six.

Source: Extreme 'tism, been working in kitchens almost ten years.
>>
File: CdRDuL4UUAAtOSX.jpg orig.jpg (244 KB, 1270x1222) Image search: [Google]
CdRDuL4UUAAtOSX.jpg orig.jpg
244 KB, 1270x1222
Learn to daydream at work.

You'll get use to it eventually. Maybe buy some pot once you get payed and come into work stoned.
>>
>>29556405
This is horrible advice for you OP. You sound like a true autist who can either be 100 percent immersed in something or 0%.
>>
File: 1455493480735.png (814 KB, 830x720) Image search: [Google]
1455493480735.png
814 KB, 830x720
>>29557311
> horrible advice
5 years fast food experience begs to differ. Fast food is all about repetition, so when you get use to it you don't really need to think.
>>
Yeah you need to quit anon. Become a phone operator from home, surrounded by tendies and your waifu doll.

Pays about the same.
>>
File: 1457039848383.jpg (218 KB, 1557x1079) Image search: [Google]
1457039848383.jpg
218 KB, 1557x1079
>>29557470
Last month I got a job at a family restaurant, phone operator sounds a bit to social for my taste.
>>
>>29552992
Yeah iktf
>>29552992
I'm not jealous
>>
Wage fag here. I've been working at Walmart for two weeks. Not too bad. I'm cashier. I like being a cashier and working the machine. Fellow employees are nice to me. My boss is laid back and cool. As long as you do the job, you'll be fine with the boss. But the part that sucks big time is dealing with the SHITTY CUSTOMERS. Some of these Walmart customers are complete garbage. I want to curse out some of them but then I'd get fired.
>>
>>29556043
>he fell for the tell a meme is a meme meme.
Memeity meme memer
>>
Find a script that works for most customers and don't deviate from it. If they pull you off track with questions just answer them smiling then steer it back to the script. If you can't figure it out pay attention to how your more experienced coworkers do the convo and straight up copy them
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.