[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So excuse me for being fucking blind but I literally just found
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 225x225
So excuse me for being fucking blind but I literally just found out people actually had a problem with addiction to nicotine, To be perfectly honest I thought they were joking like being"addicted" to a favorite show. I picked up smoking in late grade school because of some older kids selling me cigarettes. If I was stressed or some shit id smoke and not touch the things for weeks on end its still like that today (20 years later) What the fuck are people so out of control of there own body that they cant stop themselves from buying a pack of smokes or is it because im poor and subconsciously save them because I buy a pack every 3 months and there pretty fucking expensive where I live?
>>
>>29441836
>Only smoke incidentally
>Wonder why you're not addicted
Addiction doesn't work like you think it does, senpai.
>>
>>29441836
I actually have the same usage habits with cigs too...never got the big deal, but they are nice during specific circumstances
>>
File: 1456422266966.jpg (8 KB, 250x223) Image search: [Google]
1456422266966.jpg
8 KB, 250x223
>>29441836
Nicotine addiction is only an issue when you have people with impulse control issues who smoke enough to reach steady state MAO-Bi effects as well as down regulated nACh and dopamine receptors

once it reaches that point, it becomes hard to kick
>>
>>29441836
I haven't had a cigarette in two days and I'm ready to die.

I don't even smoke a ridiculous amount.
A pack every 2 days, because I'm a poorfag and they're very expensive where I live.
>>
how bad is smoking for you if you do it very rarely? I smoked on a whim in high school but only about a pack over the course of a month. Then I didn't smoke for over a year until I got super depressed, smoking helped take the edge off. Now I only smoke 4-5 cigs every couple months. But even then I still get scared thinking I'll get lung cancer or some shit. I'm thinking its best to avoid it yeah?
>>
>>29443320
That's about a cig every hour, so you're smoking as often as you should hydrate. Think about that before you try to quit cold turkey. Even when you overcome the chemical addiction, you'll still have pressure from the habit of it.
>>
I smoke about half a pack on a night I'm out, but I only go out once a month and I don't smoke when I don't go out.

I never had any cravings after going out, mainly because smoking this much is ridiculously unpleasant after sobering up.
>>
>>29441836
Nicotine addiction != Smoking addiction

I can vape or sublingual Nicotine with zero compulsion to redose and my family is full of smokers. Nicotine is a fascinating drug. A study found it dropped performance in folks to baseline rather than crashing them like other stimulants tend to do (needs more research). It also acts at a sedative at high doses, making it a very adaptive drug. I think its problems arise from the fact that people are first introduced to it through smoking. Smoking seems to make the chemical more addictive than it normally is, likely through some kind of MAOI found in Tobacco.
>>
>>29441836
It's more of a habitual addiction, they're not addicted to smoking but the addiction is behaviour, it's like a fat kid who can't stop eating, the smoker can't stop smoking.
>>
File: 1451676219475.jpg (58 KB, 509x381) Image search: [Google]
1451676219475.jpg
58 KB, 509x381
>>29441836
Smoking is cool. If you smoke you are a normie.
>>
>>29441836
Nicotine addiction is bullshit. I vaped daily for over a year and then quit because I got bored of it and because I had so much tolerance I was only getting the sedative effects. Caffeine withdrawal is much worse than nicotine withdrawal.
>>
>>29444226
? smoking is seen as taboo nowadays and normies will stay clear of any smoker
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.