[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Falling for the X meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8
File: pepe memes.png (92 KB, 403x195) Image search: [Google]
pepe memes.png
92 KB, 403x195
What are the worst memes you could potentially fall for?

>the marriage meme
You're pretty much fucked from the start if you married a hypergamous Western whore, prepare to lose half of your assets and having to pay child support for over a decade whenever she gets sick of you. Divorce rates are high for a reason and most are started by women.

>the NEET meme
If you don't have a solid income or social life by the time you start this lifestyle, prepare to gradually start feeling depressed once a year has passed.

>the college meme
Depends on where you live and which major you're pursuing. Anything not demanded by the current job market means that you've essentially wasted at least 4 years and money into something that can easily not even land you a job. Either study something worthwhile or don't.

>the "u just have to be confident bro" meme
This one is a no brainer but retards still far for it. If you're less than a 5/10, being confident gets you absolutely fucking nothing.

Any more?
>>
File: 1455350699057.jpg (28 KB, 680x583) Image search: [Google]
1455350699057.jpg
28 KB, 680x583
GIVE ME MEMES YOU FUCKING NORMIES REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29412949

Why is an unmarried but uneducated loner work bachelor the ideal?
>>
>>29412949
Men don't lose half their assets in divorce. That's just some myth people who are too gross to attract a mate spread. And with most families being dual income, men lose less than ever now.

Why do you think child support is a punishment? If she has custody of the child you helped make, spending a few bucks a month on it is still way better than having to spend money on it AND spend all your time on it.
>>
>Mfw I'm going to school to learn programming and arithmetic to become an indie game dev

a-am I fucked,fampai?
>>
>>29413168
Yes you're fucked
>>
File: 1427296652020.jpg (23 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1427296652020.jpg
23 KB, 320x320
>>29413168
Even if you dont get there - the fall-back isnt horrible.
>>
>>29413168
indie game dev here

only proceed if your desire to suffer horribly for a cause you tell yourself is worth it is greater than your desire to live a cozy life as a regular dev
>>
>>29412949
>The friendship meme
There are no true friends that will always have your back and aren't just w8ing for something or someone better like in the fictional realms of television and novels. Everyone doesn't care even if they can fool themselves into thinking they do when the occasion comes along to test such a facet's truth its always proven to be absent.
>>
>>29413535
Tell me their names, anon-kun
>>
>>29412949
I'm a guy and i want to suck a dick at least once in my life
>>
>>29413228
I can attest that the life of a regular non game dev is pretty good. Gaming is a ghetto of sorts. The pay is lower, hours are longer, and once you're in, you'll never escape
>>
>>29413535
Most ppl are normie trash, you have to be very critical of people to discern true friendship.

It isn't a meme. Internet is a blessing to find good friends. I made some good lifelong friends on the various mmorpgs I played.
>>
>>29413549
John. Had that kind of friendship that only existed in books I thought, my only true bro I felt, we were gonna go out and rule the world kind of thing. Eventually in high school we discovered weed and he got really into it and I didn't, eventually found some other w33d m4ng friends and one day after we'd continued to disagree on these cancerous fucks that kept milking him for cash they'd told him to stop talking to me or they wouldn't hang out with him anymore and he had no hesitation in his face when he agreed.

>>29413607
Maybe. I'm playing the Marvel Heroes one so hopefully I'll make some m8s.
>>
>>29413748
Jesus anon, thats rough shit. I cant really say anything besides you having my empathy.
>>
>The 'everyone is retarded but me' meme

You haven't learned more than others by depriving yourself of experiences. You aren't deeper because you were left out. You don't really know somebody until youve spent months around them constantly.
>>
>>29413811
If it takes months to realize "yes, this person giving off big red flags is in fact a person I should not associate myself with", you might have brain issues
>>
>the buying is better than renting a house meme
house prices have quintupled since the 70 and the average income hasnt changed at all. A house in a good neighborhoof will set you back AT LEAST half a million dollars. People talk about wage slavery a lot, but buying a house locks you into a neighborhood and a job for at least 40 years. This is if property taxes dont increase, which they certainly will. Buying a house is probably worse than getting a masters in African studies.

>you should save for retirement meme
Just because saving for retirement worked for the boomers doesnt mean it'll work for us. Similar to college degrees becoming worthless, whatever financial assets you manage to scrape together wont mean shit if inflation continues, social security runs dry, and the markets crash again. You really think you'll be living comfortably at 70? You'll still be trying to pay off your million dollar two bedroom home in Detroit when you're 70.
>>
>>29413994
Normies are very retarded with money. Buying a house is dumb but im sure if you dont set your standards as high as normies retiring could be pretty viable.
>>
>The "living" meme

We all need to just die
>>
>>29413197
>>29413228

the thing is I've taught myself 3d modeling and am now learning animation, so I am willing to bleed and die for this cause.
>>
>the travel meme
You'd have to be an imbecile to spend all your saved cash to go to some place where ultimately all you're doing is probably splashing in some water, seeing some shit you could've seen on the Internet, and talking to some people you don't give a fuck about. If they seem like "authentic natives" and you're on a tourist course, there's a good chances they're paid for it.
>>
>>29413811
lol I'm so good at reading people I've predicted bad business partners within 10 minutes of meeting them

maybe that's why people instinctually dislike me. I can tell how shit they are and why they are shit even if they have dozens of social morons propping them up.
>>
File: grin.png (95 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
grin.png
95 KB, 255x255
>>29414112
>tfw everyone in the family but me traveled for vacation
>mfw them coming back telling me how miserable it was
>>
>the "I won't fall for dumb memes" meme
>>
Been NEET a year and still a lot less depressed than when I worked 40 hours a week. Some of the jobs I had were good too, easy, good coworkers, good pay. Still worth it to be NEET right now.
>>
>>29414180
Do you do any activities and exercise? I feel like NEETs dont do that enough and then wonder why they are depressed.
>>
the confidance meme rings true but its not a swithc that you can just turn on like normies act like it is unless you take unhealthy drugs for you like cocaine, x or speed and after the high wares off your back to your old autistic self and prob more depressed then ever also you may become dependent which is a expensive habit to keep up, normies sware by there alcohol and weed tho they calm me i'm still quite socially awkward on em, xanax is ok but makes me sleepy
>>
>>29413535
This meme.

Friends are worth absolutely nothing if you can't trust them unconditionally.
>>
Exercise is an absolute must for a Neet
Also they shouldn't spend too long on their couch or computer chair, alternating between sitting and laying down is actually better than sitting for hours on end.
Neets should also keep their place clean and themselves atleast every two-three days. It's still refreshing to spend some time getting ready enough to go out in public even though you are just going to spend the time inside.
If you don't plan to go anywhere, still go outside for a moment, like the backyard or the front porch, or a quick walk around the street during the day even if it only takes 15 minutes, it will help your circadian rhythm and the biological need to be in an outside open space.
>>
>>29414460
This is why I try to not invest too much into friends, emotionally or otherwise.
Emphasize on try ;-;
>>
>>29412949
>Marrige Meme
Get a prenup. Sorted

>NEET Meme
I've skipped this one, I've never been a NEET, always in school or work

>Collage meme
I also skipped this one, got an apprenticeship which was paid by the government and got a job as a software developer, I'm debt free and saved myself 3 years of hard work for a degree I don't even need.

>Confidence meme
I want to fall for this meme, I'm a 5/10 or 6/10 so it'll work for me
>>
>>29414495
Friends are worth it when you find someone compatable, but the standards should still be very high.

I have 3 friends I can trust unconditionally and about 15 aquintances who probably belive that I'm their friend, but don't realize that they are never there for me when I need them the most. I'm worried that these people don't even have a grasp on true friendships, because the way they react to me revealing my true interest or personal stuff. They act surprised and basically shame me for liking some things I like. These kind of people are only good for meeting other people and nothing else.
>>
>>29414529
You do realize prenups mean nothing right? All she has to say was that she was pressured into signing it and that shits gone like dust
>>
>>29414622
I feel you. I have 2 long term good friends (one I know only through the internet) and the rest being nerds that I play vidya with and don't see them as anything more.
>>
>>29414628
wait what? Have you got literally any examples that backs up what you're saying? A prenup is a legal document, it doesn't disappear simply because she claimed she was forced to sign it, if anything people would just laugh at her.
>>
>>29414685
Here's an example
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/11/elizabeth-petrakis-prenup_n_2853146.html

Here's some reasons why a prenup can be thrown out
http://family.findlaw.com/marriage/top-10-reasons-a-premarital-agreement-may-be-invalid.html
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jefflanders/2013/04/02/five-reasons-your-prenup-might-be-invalid/#1db669eb2e3d

Notice how easily these ways can be used to invalidated the prenup, especially claiming it was under duress.
>>
File: life is sour.jpg (90 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
life is sour.jpg
90 KB, 1280x720
the prostate stimulation meme

it's all lies
>>
>>29413994
>house prices have quintupled since the 70
You kill your whole argument with your first sentence. How is this not a sound investment. Sounds like you're just afraid of commitment and/ or responsibility. You go ahead and rent all your life with nothing to show for it, in the name of freedom. I'm 2 years away from paying off this mortgage, on a house that is worth almost double what I paid. I'm retiring at 35, by trading in this house for something smaller and in the sticks, and keeping the profit. My rental property, almost paid for itself, as I charge more for rent than I pay in mortgage for it. Hey at least my renters are free to go when their lease is up, if they don't like the rent increase, that the next rentfag will pay.
>>
>>29414685
> A prenup is a legal document, it doesn't disappear simply because she claimed she was forced to sign it

Actually that is the opposite of how it works. The very concept of a legal contract is based on the idea that the signature represents consent. Every contract, not just prenups, can be rendered void if you can convince a court you were forced to sign it.
>>
>>29414736
So it's simple, just get their to sign the prenub months/year before the wedding with witnesses. Not 4 days before the wedding after making a promise you're not going to keep. (Also who marries a woman who refuses to sign a prenup unless you promised to remove the prenup later? You're just begging for your assets to be stolen)
>>
>>29412949
Here are the worst memes to fall for
>The Redpill meme
Less than 40% of *first* marriages fail and divorce rates are *falling*. If the wife was a virgin on her wedding night less than 10% of first marriages fail. Modern divorce laws are much less woman-centric with a lot of things like time-limited alimony, no alimony if she worked during the marriage, etc.

>"People telling me to change are saying 'just be yourself'"
need no explanation
>>
>>29414908
>Promise to remove the prenup
Then whats the point?
>>
>>29414921
>>"People telling me to change are saying 'just be yourself'"
At least admit that a very good majority of advice given to robots is useless, and that advice in general is useless over 4chin because we lack knowledge of peoples situations and their ideals.
>>
>>29414925
You don't see the point? The girl lies and says "oh, he promised to remove the prenup!" and the prenup gets thrown out in court, thus the women gets to steal a shitton of money from the husband.
>>
>>29414951
Oh, you were saying its stupid. Didnt read you right there.
>>
>>29414960
I didn't make the original post, but just wanted to chime in about the whole "he agreed to remove the prenup after a year" thing because the woman was lying about it. Also, that cuck in this thread who's trying to say "oh, alimony is very little in this day and age, plus you can get a prenup that's hard for a judge to toss in the trash on a whim!" is missing the point entirely.

There is no benefit for a male to be married. None. And even if there was (like if you want to go with the whole "oh, marriage makes the woman happy" bullshit) it's certainly not worth paying hundreds of dollars in alimony each month. Marriage is a scam, there is no benefit for a male to get married. I cannot emphasize this enough, it's a blatant fucking scam.
>>
>>29414950
But people tend to belive their own memes and assumptions they have from people. Also, the useless advice cannot be given by anyone else than low IQ people who think they are the smartest in the world because things worked out for them.

It's a rookie mistake to fall for the
>it worked for me, therefore it is simply how the world works
meme
>>
>>29414921
If a woman was a virgin on her wedding night, it most likely means she believes in a God and thinks sex before Marrige is gods wish, she'll also believe that divorce is against gods wish, no matter how bad the Marrige or her life is.
>>
>>29415010
I mean if we're really going to talk about it, then no, there is literally no reason to get married.

But good luck trying to convince a life long partner that Marrige is pointless. Almost every girl has been dreaming about their Marrige since they were 5 years old.
>>
>the manlet meme
Too many losers here who blame everything on their height instead of the real reasons

>the everything was better in the old days meme
People had sex and were degenerates in the old days just as much as now.

>the robots are smart normies are dumb meme
Robots aren't any more intelligent than average people.
>>
>>29413155
10% male custody in the UK
>>
>>29415166
Yeah, manlets don't know it's all about face
>>
>>29414794
>if they don't like the rent increase, that the next rentfag will pay.

that's not how economy works, fuckhead.
you either raise the wages or lower the prices, when you refuse to do both you get a bubble and you eventually see the market completely freeze because people won't have buying power.
>>
Going to uni for criminology

Wanted to join army in my country but eyesight wasn't good enough need surgery, too young at the moment so my parents told me to get a degree

I get a LOT of grant bux for being extremely low income + will work + be Jewish with my money to graduate with no loans.

Is this a bad idea? Afted graduation I can eithier go military or army. Am i wasting my time?
>>
>>29415128
>That's true
FTFY
>>
>>29412949
Falling for the meme meme
>>
>the join a club meme
>>
File: 1463990766875.png (150 KB, 340x375) Image search: [Google]
1463990766875.png
150 KB, 340x375
>>29413994
>westernfags have to pay half million dollars for a stupid house
>here in eastern europe you can buy a nice house or apartment in a 100% white no crime neighborhood at the price of a new sedan
>i am a single child and my parents let me keep the 2 houses of my passed away grandparents
>i use one of the houses for myself and the other i rent to some britfag teacher
>charge him 400 euros per month for the house
>that rent is absurdly high by bulgarian standarts but the faggot is probably used to paying 1000 pounds per month for rent back in the uk so he went along with it
>mfw i make more money than the average full time wage earner here by renting out to some britfag
>don't have to work: 400 euros per month are way more than enough to support my lifestyle of gaming, shitposting and masturbating
>live in a shithole so 400 euros are actually a lot of money
>get free food delivered to my house every day and 50 euros per month from the state because i haven't registered the apartment i'm renting as an income so in the eyes of the state i'm a no income poorfag NEET who will starve without them

Life in post communist bulgaria is extremely comfy desu
>>
>>29415472
And when one day they find out you were lying about your income?
>>
>>29415542
Bulgarian bureaucracy is shit. They'd rather drink their own piss than bother with some idiot abusing the tax and welfare system. Even if they miraculously find out they'd just slap me with a 500 euro fine at best
>>
>>29415542
Will they though?
Not him but the government in incompetent as fuck in a first world country like America.
Super easy to scam and millions of blacks and white trash do it.

I'd imagine in a bulgarian shithole it's even worse
>>
>>29415472
Enjoy your 400eur a month in your shithole. Meanwhile I get my 4000eur a month in a developed country.
>>
>>29415287
Just what the fuck are talking about? What does anything of what you said have anything to do with what I said? I own property that I rent out. Common practice is that when a renters lease is up is time for rent increase. They then have the freedom to leave and find another place or stay and pay the increase. This is exactly how it works outside of rent controlled shit holes. Your so focused on econ 101, that you're missing the basics that anyone who has ever signed a lease knows.
>>
File: 1391602718540.gif (5 KB, 516x406) Image search: [Google]
1391602718540.gif
5 KB, 516x406
>>29412949
The whole relationship meme which of course includes marriage.
>>
>falling for 16gb meme

lmao
>>
>fell for the occult meme
>>
>>29413155

>don't lose half their assets in divorce

LOL
>>
>>29413535
>tfw it's true
Why do you do this to me anon?
>>
>>29413994

buying is better assuming you do it right but you sound very naive considering you don't want to save for retirement

learn yourself some finance
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.