[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tired of NEEThood want a job
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8
File: vangoghs_at_eternity's_gate.jpg (212 KB, 1256x1611) Image search: [Google]
vangoghs_at_eternity's_gate.jpg
212 KB, 1256x1611
>tfw can't find job

I think I give up. I apply all the time, and just... nothing. I only apply for those positions that I'm qualified for anyways (I have some 8 months of work experience, in an office setting; I also have a degree, and some good letters of rec from an old prof and someinternship people).

It's all I do: send job applications. But nothing. Most of the time, I never hear back. Rarely, I'll get an e-mail from a place I already forgot about saying "We went ahead with other candidates, good luck, blah blah blah"

I think I'm going to give up soon. I don't know what the bastards want, but I'm tired. I get the feeling that no matter how many applications I put in, I'm not going to go anywhere.

I already stopped applying that much: last week, I was spending all day sending apps. Today, I only sent two: such was my discouragement and level of caring. I just don't care. Nothing's going to change, even if I applied for all the jobs in the world. Nobody's going to hire me, so why even bother applying anymore?
>>
>>29291184
Before you give up, try this:

Many companies do an automated background check on all candidates before interviewing them. It's possible that someone was working with a fake SSN (yours) and got fired for doing drugs on the job, or something similar.

You can see what an automated background check will turn up here: http://theworknumber.com/Employees/DataReport/
>>
>>29291595
That link isn't working for me. Keeps saying 'Problem Loading Page'. Secondly, even if I did find that somebody had been using my SSN, what am I supposed to do?
>>
>>29291720

Strange; it works for me, but takes a while to load.

Here's a link to a PDF form you can mail in:
https://www.theworknumber.com/Employees/DataReport/report_request.pdf

If you find errors, you can contact them to have them corrected. They'll also send out updates to anyone who requested info letting them know about the correction.
>>
>surviving as a NEET
>actually wants a job
Why? Some of us would cut off an arm to be able to NEET it up. Work is never the antidote to boredom, do some reading or take up a new hobby if you're bored.
t. wageslave of many years
>>
File: annoyed_peep.jpg (33 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
annoyed_peep.jpg
33 KB, 251x242
>>29291759
Odd, the link still doesn't work. But I'll take a look at the PDF, thanks.

>>29291890
>Why?

Because I want to move out of my parents' and be independent? Because it's impossible to attract partners if you're the loser who's still living off his parent's money? Because - perhaps - some of actually have professional goals and desire to work and

I've been a NEETdom, and I can honestly say: fuck NEETdom. Hobbies? I have hobbies! I read literature, I read history, I cook, I go for walks! But guess what - it still gets boring as fuck. How can I make friends if I don't at least have a job and go out to interact with co-workers? I want to talk about these things. How am I supposed to support my hobbies if I have no money because no job? "Mom, can you give me money to buy the ingredients to this recipe I want to make?" "Dad, can I have some money to order this book from Amazon?"

Fuck NEETdom.
>>
>>29291184
tfw gave up a month ago, i filled my room with garbage i have been eating at an amazing pace, got everything dirty in the kitchen and left it to rot and the fridge is full with month old chicken.
I lost any semblance of normalcy, i sleep when tired which may mean 12 hours or 4 hours, dats blend in together and i see no way out
>>
>>29291975
your hobbys are shit tho, walking by itself is no hobby, reading is one hobby and cooking is part of being alive like showering
>>
>>29292043
>i filled my room with garbage ... got everything dirty in the kitchen and left it to rot
Not OP, but I've been living like this for the past year. Pretty sure the kitchen sink is a biohazard at this point, I'm probably only going to clean shit when I'm notified about a rental inspection. Maybe I'll get lucky and die in my sleep so I never have to clean it.
>>
>>29292162
im lucky its only been a month, i do need some intervention but there in no one in my life i can trust, i cant even go to therapy anymore
>>
File: 310.jpg (12 KB, 233x251) Image search: [Google]
310.jpg
12 KB, 233x251
>>29292162
I'm the OP, and I can relate somewhat. I just want to die every day. I wish I could go to sleep and just never wake up.

I just don't like being alive. I keep waiting for my life to 'start', but nothing ever happens.
>>
I have literally applied to 200+ entry level jobs (aka mcdonalds) and have never heard back or gotten a job, even when pestering them in person/by phone/in person

I'm 21 and I'm seriously considering giving up
>>
>>29292275
Kek all is lost. The world got so bad that it's no longer the well paid top of the chain jobs that get blocked behind a nepotism wall, nowadays to get any job you need to know someone
>>
I was able to get my first job at 20 because I somehow, through a miracle, charmed the interviewer. I actually made her believe I cared about making sandwiches. It can happen, anon. Believe in urself.
>>
>>29292353
Knowing someone doesn't matter. It;s all decided by automated systems that decide which applications a human actually sees.
>>
>>29292275
Its because they automatically reject you cause you'll leave in 6 months. Only desperate mongoloid retards would choose to stay in those jobs.

Dont fucking shotgun resumes faggot. Write cover letters and applying to jobs that apply to you.
>>
File: Tumblr_m7ul5lqxhx1qla11zo1_1280.jpg (252 KB, 1088x1600) Image search: [Google]
Tumblr_m7ul5lqxhx1qla11zo1_1280.jpg
252 KB, 1088x1600
>>29291890
>Implying r9k's glorification of NEETdom isn't mostly faceceous

Being a NEET is only fun if you are living on your own and then for only a short while. If you are living with your parents, which most people on this board are young enough to be, it is pure hell. Unless you are blissfully retarded and autistic beyond knowing any better, NEETdom is not living, but a slow death without purpose.

It is not this magical "early retirement" that everyone dreams of, it is giving up on your future goals so that you will momentarily feel some shallow comfort in meaningless things. If you still have any self worth at all, you feel like shit, knowing "you could have achieved so much". NEETs brag about how much time they have to focus on their "hobbies" but none of them bring an end to the all encompassing ennui.
You can live stuck in the same semi dull moment for months and not gain any satisfaction from doing so.
You can teach yourself skills, but whats the point if you never put them to use?
What are you accomplishing with your time, really?
Anything to avoid being bored with being bored. Its an addiction.

As awful being a wage slave is, it is heaven compared to being mom and dad's adult child and failure as a human to everyone you ever known:

>Oh hi anon! How are, you, are your parents home? We wanted to invite them to our superbowl party (that you aren't invited to)

>Hi Anon, boy you sound just like your dad! If you aren't busy can you watch our dog next weekend? I'll give you a little extra, you can watch our big screen TV, I know how much you like TV from your dad!

>Hey big bro! Hows the job search going? I just got promoted and my GF and I are engaged. Umm...K later bro

>Hey man, remember me from college? Hows life treating you?

>Anon, your mother isn't happy about you sleeping in all day. Now I know how it is looking for a job and youre still young, but you need to start helping out around here.

It fucking sucks.
>>
>>29292473
It doesn't. The biggest factor when getting a job is who you know, maybe 1 out of 40 job openings they actually look at the application because they legit have nobody to employ
>>
>tfw this reality is compounded by severe depression that makes it feel like one job application is akin to climbing a mountain

I just do my best to forget about it. If the world doesn't want me, so be it.
>>
>tfw 18
>have been working ay first job for a couple of months now
>tfw doing job is like going to school
>tfw know what to expect but some days are different than others
>tfw you make money and can spend it how you like.
>tfw independant.

Its pretty nice and sucks at the same time. Kinda like school
>>
>>29292501
Not him, but I'm 23 and I did both shotgunning, and what you said.

It is literally, completely impossible to find a job without knowing someone if you're 20+ and have no work experience.

Enjoy your job market, wagecucks.
>>
>>29292521
>having a normie family

I live with my single mother and brother who are equally as autistic as me. I can't remember the last time we had a visitor over. The reason I'm like this is because I come from such a dysfunctional family. I stayed at my Dad's house once for a while and his gf kept nagging me why I don't have a job and I just told her to fuck off.
>>
>>29292415
Same here. I didn't even have a part time job until I was 22.

I walked into a seasonal position and got hired almost immediately.

They let me go after the season ended, but I got another seasonal job a week later. Then, they decided to keep me on as regular staff.

OP, go look for seasonal positions. They will hire just about anyone. Retail stores around Black Friday/Christmas are always looking for extra help.
>>
>>29292532
Who you know doesn't matter. That could lead to "bias" which could lead to lawsuits. Better to let the automated systems decide everything.HR has outsourced all their duties, yet still keep getting paid.
>>
>>29291184
>Tfw working 40 hour weeks and considering suicide every single day

Trust me op, you don't , or at the very least part time

Shit is soul destroying. I get like one two hours to myself max
>>
File: 1436189871631.jpg (155 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1436189871631.jpg
155 KB, 800x600
>have applied to literally over 500 jobs and failed every interview, even in shit tier places like Burger King because I have no job experience
>started applying to jobs in the neighboring city, because I ran out of jobs to apply to in this city

HOW
THE
FUCK
DO YOU GET A JOB
>>
>>29292521
You are projecting. The truth is that neet life can be great, can be awful and can be ok depending on what stage of your life you are in. Of course you are going to feel good doing it right after highschool and then you are going to feel bad because everyone your age is out there pursuing something but then it sorth of becomes ok.
There is nothing exciting about a job, you get interaction but not necessarily the pleasant kind, you get paid and you spend some time outside that's it.
Having experienced both neetdom and wageslavery both in great and awful ways I can tell tell you I'm ok with any life I get, lots of successful people are either stick in highschool of college forever anyways
>>
To the robots who claim they're unhireable, most consumer goods companies & spirits distributors hire merchandisers to merchandise their products. There's a almost always postings online. Go to Indeed, check it out
>>
>>29292674
>Shit is soul destroying. I get like one two hours to myself max
You're full of shit unless you have a 2 hour commute each way.
>>
File: 19252351.jpg (58 KB, 688x310) Image search: [Google]
19252351.jpg
58 KB, 688x310
>got fired from last job for "assaulting" a co-worker
>by assaulting I mean pushed him away from me because he yelled and got in my face

How the fuck am I going to get another job with this in my history?
That job was so fucking easy too. I spent most of the day listening to music and podcasts and I blew it because I made a bonehead move right as the manager walked in.
>>
>>29292775
>3 years of experience needed
Wow epic
>>
>>29292800
You dont touch someone physically because they're yelling at you. Get your chimpo autism under control. You deserved this.
>>
>>29292640
Boy you are retarded aren't you? How is hiring someone you know ilegal? How can they trace that shit?
It works like this, when a job opens up the head person get either a family member or the kid of a friend there, when that's not possible it falls down the chain asking everyone who do they know that can take it and isn't a complete retard its called in group preference, people who worked retail will work retail again. Hell they even complain because they can't leave the. Why do you figure they can get 20 different jobs in eight years with the most awful work hiwtory while everyone else struggles to land something
>>
>>29292818
I doubt you've ever worked a blue collar job before. People get in fist fights and it's no big deal as long as the suits don't know about it.
>>
>>29292850
Nigger, Ive worked retail, in a steel mill, at an airport, and in kitchens. You're just a dumbass. Ive never had to physically put my hands on anyone, eve when I worked a campus security jobs. Use your words like a big boy.
>>
>>29292775
Nice, I used to work retail and that job seemed pretty legit. They work their asses off, finish the job then leave and enter full time hours because you aren't being 'watched' by a boss 24/7.

Kinda sucked watching these dues make more then me doing essentially the same job.

I just applied to a bunch of positions on there, hope I get one.

Thanks bruh

>>29292811
Work any retail position or bullshit a fake history.
>>
>>29292881
>canada
Well that explains it. We have men here in Australia. Fighting is an everyday thing.
>>
>>29292811
You know how I know you're lying? I work for Pepsi. Pepsi, Coke, dr. Pepper, your local brewery, liquor distributors, most their merchs are young guys with little to no work experience
>>
>>29292886
>fake history
Former recruiter here.

DO NOT DO THIS
>>
>>29292909
>We have men here in Australia. Fighting is an everyday thing.
You dont have men, you have fucking mongs who glass eachother. Worst bar fight ive ever seen was in Melbourne when a guy was talking to some other guys woman and a 25 person brawl broke out.

You're all a bunch of low IQ retards. Neanderthals arent real men. We brave the cold, you cucks wear singlets and drink pisswater beer.
>>
>>29292554
when i got my first job right after highschool i was getting paid minimun wage but since i lived expense free with my parents and didnt have a car i felt fucking rich. I regularly treated my friends to weekends of junk food binging, new videogames, going to the cinema, you name it
>>
>>29292911
how attractive are they anon? how young?
>>
>had job interview last week for nice well paying entry level admin job
>went really well everyone there seemed to like me
>cute girl told me she'll train me up
>felt amazing the rest of the day because it felt like my life was going to change
>regected again and the neet cycle repeats

no matter how much I try I always end up back in this void
>>
>>29293005
I'd say early 20s. Most either save up their money & move on to less stressful jobs, move up to sales or delivery, or become lifers(don't be that guy)
>>
>>29291184
i wonder why nobody is profiting of the current job scarcity other than job agencys. You could charge people for fake work history and recomendations from your company
>>
>>29292753
Ive also been a wageslave, a student and a NEET.

NEETdom fresh out of HS?
>Not bad, some people are slow starters and need to figure out what they want to do.
>Socially acceptable age to be reckless and experiment with drugs and alcohol for fun
>Parents are willing to sacrifice a little more to take care of you
>Hobbies are still fun and exciting

NEETdom past 25?
>Most people are well along with their careers and you don't even have a foot in the door and no one wants to hire a loser
>You come to grips with depression and now just take drugs and drink to numb the pain
>Parents are getting older and need more help and cannot support you anymore (health insurance for instance)
>Hobbies are filling the void but no longer bring excitement

Whether you love or hate NEETdom depends on your lifestyle and personality.
Either you hate working and wish you had more free time, or you hate doing nothing and wish you had something to do
>>
>looking at all the entry level jobs
>every single one requires a driver's license
Just fucking kill me. I've had a fear of driving ever since I nearly died in a car crash and saw my cousin die in front of my, at 7 years old
>>
>>29293065
how atractive do i have to be tho? last time i checked women get hired for this, busty women. I have a hard enough time getting people to stop and talk back instead of speeding away as it is
>>
>>29293078
What are you even on about? I've applied to 2 jobs in my 33 years of life that required a DL.
>>
>>29293084

Are we talking about the same job? Merchandisers are basically blue collar workers.
>>
>>29293072
>most people are well along their careers at 25
how is life treating you gramps? do you still pick a fight with the newsboy every time he accidentally hits the bushes instead of the door with the paper?
thats not real life, real life means you are going to get some jobs and fail them and spend a while unemployed until you settle for some kind of real thing that can last you a good five years and then you start looking for a job with possibility of growth so you can start earning above average after you turn 40
>>
File: 1460145650167.png (245 KB, 390x411) Image search: [Google]
1460145650167.png
245 KB, 390x411
>got my first full-time job today
>only got the job because I pretended to be really smart and capable during the interview even though I'm actually a total retard
>kind of want to move out, but would rather save lots of money and take care of my student loan debt than live on my own even though I'm 26

It took forever to find a job (3 years after college), and I know it's going to suck actually working all week, but I was getting too old to sustain a pseudoNEET existence.

I also wanted another job that I'm pretty confident I was gonna be hired for, though it would've eaten up a bunch of the income because I'd have to move away for it
>>
>>29293109
90% of marketing people are women, same with retrail workers, its not a men field at all
>>
>>29293192
what's the job and how did you fill in 3 years of NEET on your resume?
>>
>>29293192
what kind of job is it anon? i dont feel i should congratulate you on it off the bat witout knowing
>>
>>29293204
Not even close, they may be the majority but not 90%
>>
>>29293293
of course its not 90%, its not lower than 70% tho
>>
>>29291184
All of you are 'robots' because we are living in the largest labor surplus the world has seen. Of course as income get concentrated so do the young women. Coincidence?
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.