[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you could, would choose to be immortal? You would be able
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8
File: 517353.jpg (15 KB, 373x359) Image search: [Google]
517353.jpg
15 KB, 373x359
If you could, would choose to be immortal? You would be able to press a button and kill yourself, but only after 10,000 years of living.
>>
>>29221303
yep

I'd slowly acquire infinite knowledge and conquer the world.
>>
>>29221303
Yeah I'll take it
>>
File: smug_skrill.jpg (39 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
smug_skrill.jpg
39 KB, 600x600
If I was immortal it probably completely would turn my life around.
I would not give a fuck. Consequences wouldn't matter anymore.
I can literally do anything I want and wanted without consequences.

Because of that my answer is no
>>
Definitely not, the thought of living another 30 years before I can die without being terribly young is bad enough
>>
File: 1449447465280s.jpg (3 KB, 125x112) Image search: [Google]
1449447465280s.jpg
3 KB, 125x112
Yes. It would be interested to see how things would change. Life right now is like seeing one scene of a movie. You can't accurately see how the movie is, what it is about, what happened before and afterwards. Obviously we have history to get an idea of what happened first, but you will never know all the ins and outs. Knowledge of our secret shitposting club will die with us. Future generations will never know the glory of our memes. You will never live in ancient Rome, or see the beautiful, unconquered, unpolluted world of the past. In the same way we will not see what happens after we die. We will never know what our society evolves into, or experience the technology of 2200's and beyond. We will never gain the knowledge to become enlightened, there is just too little time. Life now is a rat race. Each human life is just a microscopic tile in a grand mosaic. We contribute a little to the shared experience and accomplishments of our people and then we die. It would be cool if I could start being immortal earlier, perhaps a couple of thousand years B.C, just so I could see the world before the actual games begin. Thinking about all that is and ever was makes me just sad that I'll never experience it.
>>
File: 1464814488983.png (517 KB, 425x1280) Image search: [Google]
1464814488983.png
517 KB, 425x1280
Yes, I want to exist for all time. Fuck your gay button, that isn't immortality.
>>
>>29221303
You would go insane if you lived that long.
>>
File: christianbale.jpg (35 KB, 496x638) Image search: [Google]
christianbale.jpg
35 KB, 496x638
>>29222222
YOU WOULD GO INSANE

IF YOU GOT THOSE HEXES
>>
>>29222233
It begins.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: 01453.jpg (64 KB, 600x631) Image search: [Google]
01453.jpg
64 KB, 600x631
>>29222222
Damn anon, nice.

And to answer OP's question,
>wanting to spend 10,000 years suffering
I'll pass.
>>
File: 1442813048059.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1442813048059.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>29222222
IT IS A SIGN FROM GOD
>>
>>29222222
FUCK

HEX SPEAKS TRUTH

In all honesty though,

>immortal
>not eternal youth

Sucker. There's a rant about immortality in Gulliver's Travels, the part with the Struldburgs.
>>
File: AEskQvZ.gif (956 KB, 500x490) Image search: [Google]
AEskQvZ.gif
956 KB, 500x490
>>29222222
>>29222233
I think I'm already going insane from these integers.
>>
>>29222222
>hexes
Honestly depends if i could feel pain or not. Like what if your head gets chopped off do you feel that shit. If i was immortal and i was like fucking Hercules then me
>>
>>29221303
Do I live as of now as a immortal or can I chose a time to go back?
>>
>>29221303
Yes. Definitely. Who wouldn't want to walk around on Mars and build your own society from the ground up with your bare hands. It'd be amazing.
>>
>>29221303
Depends on whether you age
If I didn't age, fuck yes I'd take it
If I did age, but eventually became a skeleton powered by magic I probably would still take it
If I'm going to end up like Tithonus hell no
>>
YES, pushes button.
>>
Maybe, but I feel the risk is too high.

For example you could get imprisoned for an extraordinarily long amount of time. Or you could be tortured non-stop and your body couldn't give out and let you die. Seems like too high of a risk for me.

If I had some sort of way completely avoid that as a possibility it would help saying yes.

Also there are some other details that would impact it, I'm assuming if you're immortal you are immune to any sort of illness, even if it isn't lethal? If you got something with no (current) cure or never is curable you would have it forever. Also do you stay the same age as you are now, or able to manipulate it? If you're able to manipulate aging process and have regenerative traits of an immortal, are there other things that go along with that, such as physical form or ability to change certain attributes?

Too simple of a question for my autism my man
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9uxN6JK3t4

>you finally get a gf
>you outlive her
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.