[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are normies incapable of eating alone? You can't even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 10
Why are normies incapable of eating alone? You can't even eat at a restaurant without getting weird looks anymore because normies can't fathom the idea of someone who doesn't mind eating alone.
>>
>>29150254
Because everything is "social" now that fagbook has bled into real life.
>>
>>29150254
Is it wrong that I view normals as incomplete people? They always need other people around them, validating them, entertaining them, comforting them. I think they feel empty without others constantly around them
>>
Normals are terrified of being alone lest they may have some independent thought
>>
But normies can spend time alone.

Just look how brave this Stacy is for spending FIVE WHOLE DAYS alone with cameraman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gugxibWkDA4
>>
It's just more fun to do things with other people. I don't understand why that's such a hard concept to grasp.
>>
>>29150380
That may be the case but they literally can't stand the thought of being alone
>>
>>29150380
It's not. All humans make disgusting noises while eating. It's impossible to enjoy food if other people are eating near you. Normalfags even expect you to talk while you eat, and you will choke if you try to talk and eat at the same time, so that's a very bad idea. You have to carefully alternate between the two, which further distracts from enjoying the food. This kind of mindless eating probably contributes to obesity.
>>
That's why I never eat out. I have the money and the time to do so, but I won't go alone. I've tried in the past and I see too many groups of normies being loud and looking over at me. At best I'll order a pizza to go, but dread having to pick it up. Same with chinese food.
>>
>>29150327
I agree. I heard a girl say to her friends (and me) once:

>I hate being alone, but it's not a problem, because I'm never alone!

Never alone, never self-reliant. It'd be sad if she hadn't been surrounded by friends agreeing with and enabling her.
>>
OK now listen very carefully to me:
There is this thing, I call it social value.
Basically since Humans are social beings, they care immensely about what other human beings think about them, their position, etc.

As an example the entire concept of "respect" is the idea of not pissing someone off since you can lose some of that social value you have.

Now let's talk about rites. Since we only care about what others think about us, we don't care about WHY they think those things about us. So if you were exposed to a reality where someone's social value is raised by exerciting some "rites" than you will probably try to mimic those rites to get social value.

As an example kids do not understand things like chevalry, manners and stuff cause they don't know yet that those things are done to raise your social value; once they learn, they will care about that.

Now, normies. Basically the difference between a normie and a robot is that a normie is able to understand very quickly what are those "rites" and to mimic them to get into someone's attitude and gain social value.

Robots on the other hand, do not. They do not understand those fucking rites (as an example, your question was like; why do they have to eat together if they have to fucking eat, just eat and meet after if you want to talk that much).

Basically everything is a rite for them. THERE IS NO REAL LOGICAL REASON why eating alone is considered low-social valued, but it does. Obv the association is not immediate but if they see other things they usually associate to low-social valued people they will consider them as such way more easily.
As an example, there was once this guy on my uni. He was fatty and eat alone. We met him and talked to him, and he was pretty cool, knew his shit and had confidence. After that talk, one of my (female) friends told me: "i never imagined him to be like.. like that, y'know?"

They are unconfident little shits.
>>
File: image.png (135 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
image.png
135 KB, 900x900
>Go to chickfila alone and sit at the corner table
>three office wagecucks dressed up nice on their lunchbreak come in line
>They point and laugh at me
>RRRREEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29150713
>rite
just call it normal behaviour you autist
>>
>>29150577
take your notebook with you. you'll just look like a busy businessman.
>>
>>29150863
yeah cause normal behaviour is to always talk and do shit.

Please.

It's normal behaviour because you always see people acting like that but i bet you can't even find a logical reason behind that "normal" behaviour.

It's only behaviour. If you learn it you will accepted and live a easy life. That's it.
>>
I'm a robot and I feel uncomfortable eating alone, I just feel like all the other normies are judging me
>>
>>29150913
>It's normal behaviour because you always see people acting like that
yes that is the definition of normal
>you can't even find a logical reason behind that "normal" behaviour
yeah it's logical to be normal you autist unless you're like the messiah or a genius
>It's only behaviour. If you learn it you will accepted and live a easy life. That's it.
that's not a small thing
>>
>>29151038
>yeah it's logical to be normal
that wasn't what he meant and you know it
>>
>>29150823
>things that absolutely never happened: the post
>>
>>29151134
i know that's why i'm saying it as a counterpoint
>>
>>29150254
when i see normies wear those sunglasses like in your pic, it irritates me
>>
>>29150327
I think because they have more interaction and life experience they have more avenues to seek companionship, validation and happiness.

Plus in the digital age there is so much connectivity that it enables people to seek out attention in all these new ways.

But if you are locked in your room daily and happy about it, the lack of any other real life interaction doesn't reallyft seem necessary
>>
>>29150254
Have normies actually made fun of you for eating alone, or could it be that you're just projecting your feelings of how they might be perceiving you onto them?

Honestly, I doubt normies are paying any attention to you when you're eating by yourself. They're too self-involved.
>>
>>29151171
a counterpoint to what?
>>
>>29151038
>>It's normal behaviour because you always see people acting like that
>yes that is the definition of normal
Ok. Let's call it that way, the concept is still identical.
>>you can't even find a logical reason behind that "normal" behaviour
>yeah it's logical to be normal you autist unless you're like the messiah or a genius
LOL nope, wtf man. If you think absolutes, like "it's right to do this, it's wrong to do that" then you are missing the point. Right and wrong have sense only when you have an objective; if the objective is to raise your social value then yes, it's right to act normal and it's wrong to act in other ways. It's "logical" only because to you it's logical to be concerned about raising your social value all the time.
>>It's only behaviour. If you learn it you will accepted and live a easy life. That's it.
>that's not a small thing
I know but i'm only saying that that's possible, not that that's easy.
>>
>>29151218
the idea that you can't even find a logical reason behind that "normal" behaviour
>>29151267
>It's "logical" only because to you it's logical to be concerned about raising your social value all the time
>raising your social value all the time
more maintaining your social value all the time
also idk why you put logical in quotes are you saying that there's no absolutes;
> If you think absolutes, like "it's right to do this, it's wrong to do that" then you are missing the point.
but there's an absolute logic or what
>>
>>29150254
For this reason, I haven't been to a restaurant in a year.
>>
>>29151207
Well i get that, but it's almost like they have no sense of self or just can't stand themselves
>>
Any time I see a big group of normies out to eat with each other they're all glued to their smartphones and aren't even interacting with each other. What's the point of this?
>>
>>29151214
>Last Friday
>go pickup Chinese
>dressed spergily, b-ball shorts, striped T, long socks, tism shoes
>walk through the door
>immediately hear "HA! Exactly like that!"
>Look up, see table of Stacy's and Chad's looking directly at me
>"OMG Stop laughing Stacy! (hahaha!)"
>"No, it's OK, it's in sympathy"
>tune out, I'm old and over it
>receive Chinky
>leave

What about these people makes you think they have anything to talk about besides their immediate surroundings? We're talking about mental children who can't fathom eating alone here.
>>
>>29151336
>the idea that you can't even find a logical reason behind that "normal" behaviour
but you can't
"normal" behavior just is, there is no inherent logic to it.
>>
>>29151336
>also idk why you put logical in quotes are you saying that there's no absolutes;
Didn't quite get what you're saying by that but probably it's because i'm not very good speaking that language.
Still i quoted your "logical" because it's really strange to me that you imply that something is logical with no premise and no end. Something is logical if it connects two things, there are no absolutes, so without any premise nothing is logical because there is nothing to be talking about. Obviously if you assume certain things to be universal (as to be concerned all the time to mantain your social value) then it makes sense.
Still i'm not sure if i answered you correctly so feel free to explain yourself further if you want to discuss again on this subject.
>but there's an absolute logic or what
As i said no there is not. Everything is about assumptions and premises. Robots are not retarded, they just don't have the same assumptions as you do (and because of that they never learned how to behave to get those things they seek, as respect and recognition)
>>
>>29150913

>>29150913

Social behaviors and emotions don't operate on logic.

That's why you autistic have such a hard time with people. The majority of social shit doesn't use logic.
>>
>>29151469
That's because normies live to defend their social construct, since that is what makes their social value "real". They HAVE to make fun of outcasts or they won't be defending their idea of a "just world" where someone that doesn't follow the rites (or the rules that makes someone social-valuable) is respected and recognised as they are. Think about Christians, they basically do the same shit but dumber so it's easier to see the pattern.
>>
>>29150374
She didn't even spend time alone.

She went outside and saw and talked to people.

Fucking normies.
>>
>>29151136
Kek it actually did happen. It didnt help that I was wearing all black
>>
>>29151596
>Social behaviors and emotions don't operate on logic.
I don't think so, everything is logical if you put the right premises.

And lol i don't have problems living with normies at all, no joke man, just had a hard time until i started realizing how to behave to be accepted.
>>
>>29151511
but there is an inherent logic to you choosing to behave normally
>>29151521
>Robots are not retarded, they just don't have the same assumptions as you do
most individuals have different assumptions from one another, this isn't original it's just a rewording of what most people already know
>>
>>29151618
[...] the rites (or the rules that makes someone social-valuable) SHOULDN'T BE respected and recognised [...]
>>
>>29151618
top quality post
they're trapped in the rat race and always will be.
>>
>>29151693
>but there is an inherent logic to you choosing to behave normally
never denied that
>>
>>29151730
what was your point then

i literally said that was what i was making a counterpoint against
>>
>>29151693
>most individuals have different assumptions from one another, this isn't original it's just a rewording of what most people already know
then why don't they apply it? Why don't everyone just learn how to behave to get anything from anyone?
I'm going to tell my idea of why is that: because they don't care. Normies don't fucking care and the only thing they are concerned about is how to defend their eternal omeostasis state from which they will never wake from. Midway-life crisis is the perfect example of that; it happens when a normie realises he never changed anything in his life and now he's approaching death; the idea behind that is "i wasted my fucking life". But they can't accept it and they drown that idea into buying a new car or a motorcycle or doing shit.
>>
>>29151754
my point was that "normal" behavior is basically just an arbitrarily established social meme (in the Dawkinsian sense of the word).
There is no logic in it, however following it can prove beneficial to the individual (making following the illogical construct logical).
I think we are in agreement about that aren't we?
>>
>>29151806
>then why don't they apply it? Why don't everyone just learn how to behave to get anything from anyone?
why don't you

>>29151861
> "normal" behavior is basically just an arbitrarily established social meme
i wouldn't say it's been arbitraily established
>>
Robots that are not trapped inside the illusion of "neet master race fuck everything" don't realize they have incredible luck. Since they never got to enter the world of normies they had the opportunity to watch it from the outside and to learn the patterns that everyone follows. Once you realize that and snap out the illusion that "everyone hates me because everyone hates me" you can litterally do anything.
You won't have their fears, you do not belong to their world, to you the world is rotten and you don't have to put a pair of glasses to see it all rainbows and flowers; BECAUSE YOU DON'T CARE. Once you accept the idea that only cause and effect matters and that crying yourself to your sleep isn't gonna help then you'll really be able to do fucking everything. Most success people are like this, there are ones in which this is litterally apparent (Bill Gates, Elon Musk, etc), because they can see and do what they want to see and do. I can't express myself very well but i hope the concept passed on.
>>
>>29152056
That's a whole lot of meaningless words, anon. Literally typical motivational drivel with zero substance. I think facebook is more your speed.
>>
>>29151928
>why don't you
Lol i do it everyday, i'm not a Nietzchean superman, just a random guy that happened to learn how to manipulate normies.

You're hating on me because you can't accept that someone is boasting their ability over the internet, but let me tell you something: I'm not doing it for fame, i don't care; this is an anonymous board and all those messages are going to be cancelled forever. All i want is to discuss something and to make my points clear, since i would really appreciate if someone shares my views. That's it.
>>
I have PDD NOS and often eat by myself but fuck you people are autistic as all hell
>>
>>29152095
It's not motivational and why are you hating on that. Is it because you have to believe that it's not possible that you can do it so you can return in your warm circle of thoughts where it's not your fault if you are in the position you are right now and you can't do anything to escape it? Please.

Continue freely to believe that everyone that says you can do shit is only a delusional stupid man but i don't see how this is gonna help you in any way.
>>
>>29150327
Leave 4chan completely for a month if you're such a unique snowflake, you underage faggot.
>>
>>29152128
i think you're overestimating how much control you have over people

like being able to do one thing and get a response isn't manipulation because the memes they have aren't arbitrary, they've been selected for utility by reality
>>
>>29152182
yeah i've posted a lot in this thread but i'm still cringing slightly
>>
>>29151618
>>29151469
I know you wouldn't know this since you don't have friends, but typically when you are hanging out with someone, especially a girl, you will act dumber than you actually are. It's no fun to act smart and serious all the time. I realize how obnoxious it can be. I'm not advocating for it.

Just understand that other people aren't as dumb as you seem to think they are. They're just trying to have fun.

Don't try to justify your autism by thinking you're smarter than other people. You're not.
>>
>>29152202
Wat? Why would i?
I think you think you're talking to someone that is so delusional that has to go somewhere boasting about their incredible capabilities when all he can do is simple tasks.
And that is fine, but if you think like that why are you replying to me? If you think about me like that just.. Why? Do you want to make fun of me proving my points wrong or delude me in some way? I legit can't understand.

If your question was a valid question i'll answer it tho: I always tried to apply my thoughts in the most objective way. If i want to get something from someone and my actions fail numerous time, probably my actions were not optimal, let's change those. If my actions success to do so numerous time then it's likely that they actually work. You have to be objective and eliminate the behaviours that don't work even if you're attached to them. This applies to everything from asking a girl out to get someone respect to get a praise from work to make someone your friend. It's not a superpower you just have to work on it.
>>
>>29152277
>I have no friends
>I act dumb when i am close to a girl
Wrong.
Just why do you think because you are like that then everyone should or acts like that?
>>
>robots are literally finding reasons why they're superior for having no friends
Just fuck my sides up
>>
File: 12412491484.jpg (5 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
12412491484.jpg
5 KB, 205x246
>>29150374
holy fuck this is cancer
>>
>>29150526
Autism

Original autism
>>
Are normies capable of doing anything alone?
>>
>>29152410
because you used the word manipulate

also everything you've said is just basic social interaction

when i said
>the memes they have aren't arbitrary, they've been selected for utility by reality
what i meant was that the memes that survive will not hurt whoever holds them

>>29152547
>>29152627
it's one autist but he's not even wrong antisocial people have an advantage over prosocial people
>>
>>29152056
Its called enlightenment.
Pursue it at your own risk.
>>
>>29152657
>antisocial people have an advantage over prosocial people
Is being this delusional part of your coping mechanism?
>>
File: 936565887.jpg (15 KB, 316x202) Image search: [Google]
936565887.jpg
15 KB, 316x202
>>29150374
>5 days of living her typical normie lifestyle without spending time with her friends
wow
such bravery
JUST
>>
>>29150374
I have an urge to kill after watching 2 minutes of this.
>>
>>29150254

if you go to a restaurant alone, sit at the bar.

Seriously, you're fucking up the servers section.
>>
>>29152703
yeah i'm the delusional one because i know history
>>
>>29152501
A lot of people I know or have met do this kind of thing. Like I said, I find it kind of obnoxious. I just understand it tends not to reflect on them as a person considering how many smart people I've known who act dumb around friends.

Not everyone acts like this. Not everyone should either.

You clearly never act this way and you can't even understand why someone would. This is why you
>have no friends
>>
>>29152188
Ironically, you're the one who sounds underage.
>>
>>29152703
I've literally spent the last two weeks exclusively in my appartement working on my online business.
What did normies do? Eat ice cream and talk about meaningless shit?
they sure are superior...
>>
>>29152657
>also everything you've said is just basic social interaction
Yes sure man, i only tried to optimise my behaviours and my actions to get what i want from others. I don't know if you find that intuitive and everything is obvious to you but it took a hell lot of work from me. I'm pretty sure that not everyone can do that tho, i have a lot of friends and only a very few are popular or successful with people.
>>
>>29152277
>but typically when you are hanging out with someone, especially a girl, you will act dumber than you actually are

If you're insecure enough to do that, you really are retarded; if you can't have a fun conversation in a public restaurant without referencing the strangers around you, then you're most definitely retarded; And if you white knight thinking that pussy will karmically drop into your lap, congratulations, you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>29152787
lel ok

originall comment
>>
File: 1449326649774.png (64 KB, 507x540) Image search: [Google]
1449326649774.png
64 KB, 507x540
>>29150374
>ywn be an attractive young hip cosmopolitan girl earning youtube money ignorant to true pain and suffering of the world
>>
>>29150254
I'm the opposite. I cannot stand eating around other people. Whenever I'm eating anything in a public place, which hasn't happened in a while, I find myself constantly wiping my mouth, worried that I have food on my face. It's just fucking gross eating around others.

The only time I'm comfortable eating around other people is with immediate family and some close extended family members. Even then it's not exactly an enjoyable experience.
>>
>>29152820
>insecure enough to act stupid
are you late for your clinic?
>>
>>29152932
LOL now acting like a faggot is an act of bravery

cope mechanism at his finest lil nigga
>>
>>29152932
>insecure enough to act stupid enough so that other people will accept you

KEK
U
C
K
>>
what does the normie version of "smart" mean if it doesn't mean acting smart

i'm curious
>>
>>29152975
>>29152993
If you were insecure, you'd try to act smarter than you actually are to prove yourself to others because you can't prove it to yourself.

If you're confident in your own intelligence, you would have no issue downplaying yourself because you don't need to prove yourself.

What I was talking about doesn't have anything to do with being accepted. It's about having fun with friends.

Is everyone on this board autistic?
>>
>>29152783
Please do elaborate and tell me exactly how I'm so superior for shitposting on 4chan all day instead of building relationships and connections.
>>
>>29150909
This is what I do, I just put on a nice suit and bring my laptop. People don't question these things when you're suited up looking like you're about to make a million $, then I go home and play skyrim reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>29153094
No, it's insecure to act one way towards people when you'd rather be the other way instead. You don't understand how that works, really?
>>
>>29153094
>If you were insecure, you'd try to act smarter than you actually are to prove yourself to others because you can't prove it to yourself.
This is an incredibly brave assumption man!
Lol if you think like that you have an incredible linear thought and a very simplistic mind

>If you're confident in your own intelligence, you would have no issue downplaying yourself because you don't need to prove yourself.
Yeah sure, but i don't uderstend WHY. Why should i act like that? To get people attention? Then you're not different than a circus monkey.

>What I was talking about doesn't have anything to do with being accepted. It's about having fun with friends.
...By acting dumb, and you have no other way to have fun without doing that. Ok, but let me tell ya that for a normie you sure are cringy dude.

To me it seems that if you think that is fine to be a moron in front of a girl just because why not, then you are so scared that you wouldn't get his attention in any other way that you are willing to sacrifice some of your dignity to act like that.

Grow a pair of balls, we may be autistic but you sure are an idiot
>>
>>29150254
Story time!
My freshman year of college, I felt terrified of eating alone, and I often skipped meals or ate instant ramen if I couldn't find someone to eat with me.
Then I found a group of people I enjoyed talking to, and ate lunch and dinner with them everyday.
Then after a week or so I was sick of them, but used them just to have a group to conform to.
Then a whole tear later I told them to go fuck theirselves, and went back to being a loner.
Best choice of my life. I now can just eat whenever, and that works with my schedule. I sometimes have meals with people, but I've liberated myself from a bunch of insecure normies that pretend to be social.
"Eating lunch with others is social" said the one bitch to me. "Not when it's with the same people everyday" I said to the bitch.
>>
>>29153259

This sort of thing happened to me with my gaming guild last week lol.

I'm just too much of a dick. I'm not interested in a steady stream of conversation. Oftentimes I find myself wishing they'd shut the fuck up.

I don't want to listen to you ramble autistically about path of exile or star citizen for a whole hour.

Yes, yes, I know I'm a bad person. But I can't help it, I don't actively dislike people.

I just want them to shut the fuck up for a second. Or a few minutes. Or change the goddamn topic.
>>
>>29153100
> instead of building relationships and connections
social capital is inherited and there's a limit to how much you can improve on it

in general environmental factors outside your control will determine your quality of life, antisocial people are better at exploiting these factors

also stop fucking strawmanning me you passive-aggressive little shit i never said superior i said had an advantage
>>
>>29150577
who cares what those normies think
>>
>>29153244
>implying it's not fun to do dumb things

>>29153252
talk about brave assumptions man!

>implying I can't have fun without acting dumb
>implying I can't talk to a girl without acting dumb

All I said in my original post was that this is a way that some people act and that it shouldn't reflect on them as a person because plenty of smart people act dumb in social situations. I even said I don't advocate for it.

Just so you can understand this a little better, I once went out with a girl who had a pretty big ego. She didn't show it much, but she really liked being able to think she was smarter than most people. I was one of the few people she actually recognized was smarter than her. So when I was around her, I'd make a lot of dumb jokes and would let her win arguments. I'm sure she knew what I was doing, but it still made her feel good, which made me feel good.

Acting "dumb" is about being approachable, sociable, fun, and relatable. All things you boys are not.
>>
>>29153557
Yeah, I really can't relate to being an orbiter who needs to be around the lowest possible tier of pussy.
>>
>>29153557
>Acting "dumb" is about being approachable, sociable, fun, and relatable. All things you boys are not.
Sorry my bad. Didn't get that you don't know what being dumb around a girl is like.
>>
>>29153557
> it shouldn't reflect on them as a person
why not

robots are allowed to be judgmental, it's just a way that some people act
>>
>>29150713
>As an example, there was once this guy on my uni. He was fatty and eat alone. We met him and talked to him, and he was pretty cool, knew his shit and had confidence. After that talk, one of my (female) friends told me: "i never imagined him to be like.. like that, y'know?"
>They are unconfident little shits.

so the fatty was just a normie who ate alone or what?
>>
>>29153721
Yes. But my friend thought that he was an outcast because he was fat and ate alone. Stupid but true, and believe me it happens a lot
>>
>>29153615
>implying
Should mention this was a high school girlfriend. Not something I do now. As I've said, I think three times now, this is not something I myself do or advocate for. I'm just trying to make a case for why someone would do this.

>>29153621
what's it like?

>>29153657
I just meant that just because someone acts dumb in a social situation doesn't mean they are a dumb person. Judge them all you want for it. It just isn't a good indicator of intelligence.
>>
>>29153807
>what's it like?
>>29150823
>>29151469

wtf original comment
>>
>>29152056
pretty much. i wouldn't want any robots to have to go through the learning process i went through myself to become aware of how works.

just dont think about it and continue what you do with some sort of self-awareness on your actions.

some people even in their late 20s act like they are still in highschool, and you cant do nothing about it so just be mindful.
>>
>>29153807
>I just meant that just because someone acts dumb in a social situation doesn't mean they are a dumb person. Judge them all you want for it. It just isn't a good indicator of intelligence.
i'm allowed to think of people as dumb if they act dumb
>>
>>29153849
clearly these people are liked by others. they sound like assholes to me, but it seems they're able to make friends with other people which proves my point.

It's just you that's weird anon
>>
I go out to eat alone at least once a week. The restaurant always has my seat reserved, and my favorite drink is already mixed. All the waiters, hostess, and cooks know my name. I get free drinks and appetizers, and a dessert with candles on my birthday. I bring them an occasional bottle of whiskey, and everything is great.
Going out to eat by yourself is great--you're on your own schedule, and no one to deal with.
A couple people judge me for it, but they're the ones missing out on a $150+ meal.
>>
File: concerned.jpg (134 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
concerned.jpg
134 KB, 333x500
>>29153807
>what's it like?
you say really stupid shit to see if you can make her laugh because if she's laughing at what you say it means that there has to be a chance and the more you make her laugh the more chances there are to mine that clunge

you just have to keep talking so you start saying dumb off the wall shit, then resort to making fun of people because women are absolutely vitrolic cunts with some sort of hatred for everyone not them that they get enjoyment out of making fun of other people and they have vaginas so of course you want them to be laughing
>>
>>29153942
by acting dumb I don't mean just spouting nonsense. You guys seem to think that by dumb I mean braindead.

To make an analogy, when you're talking with someone, you don't use perfect english. You don't talk like a fucking nigger either. You speak in the way that's most normal and functional, and not because you're trying to be accepted but because it's just how you deal with other people.
>>
>>29154101
so by dumb you mean the most normal and functional
>>
>>29154192
At least in my experience, the most normal and functional way to act is at least slightly dumber than you are
>>
>>29154274
so to be normal and functional is to be dumb
>>
>>29154402
Yeah. Kind of what I've been trying to say this whole time.
>>
>>29154424
so normies are dumb, given that they're normal and functional
>>
>>29150639
just wait till retirement age.
If we don't figure out immortality by then, some shit's about to go down..
>>
>>29154479
well no, the other half of my point was that apparent intelligence in social situations is not indicative of a person's actual intelligence.

not all normies are dumb. not all robots are smart.
>>
>>29154637
if a normie is defined as someone who is normal and functional, then all normies are dumb given that whoever is normal and functional is dumb
>>
>>29154637
ok i just read this

what does actual intelligence even mean and why should i care
>>
>>29154667
sorry I should have corrected you. to be normal and functional is to act dumb which is not always the same as being dumb.

A normie is someone who fits in order to be functional. The average person is not very smart. Therefore, to meet this norm a normie will either have to be dumb themselves or act dumb. In certain environments, like a college campus, it is more normal to be intelligent to a degree.

Like with the language analogy, there are circumstances where it is appropriate to use formal language.

>>29154772
by "actual" intelligence I just mean intelligence. Basically all I'm saying is don't judge a book by its cover
>>
>>29154840
> don't judge a book by its cover
why shouldn't i judge people by their actions
>>
>>29155036
as I've described, in social situations, smart people have motivation to act dumber than they are.

otherwise I agree with you
>>
File: 1465430064266.jpg (68 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1465430064266.jpg
68 KB, 900x900
>>29150254
Thanks for worsening my paranoia for visiting a macdonalds.
I hope you kill yourself.
>>
>>29155096
to me the value of someone is in how they act on me

if the act is dumb then the person is dumb regardless of how "smart" they are
>>
>>29155182
act dumb in social situations. If you knew the same person through work or school or something, then how they act on you would be more likely to reveal their actual potential.

However, I believe in relative truth so ultimately I agree with you.
>>
>>29155295
>actual potential
if they actled smartly in one place and dumbly in another then they would be smart in one place and dumb in another

neither one of those would be true or "actual" regardless of how "smart" they were
>>
>>29155421
by smart in a social situation do you mean aptitude or intelligence?

As I've said, it is to me a sign of social aptitude to not always try to seem as intelligent as you can. In a sense, you are "smart" in both places, it just doesn't manifest in the same way.
>>
>>29153385
Fine what's the fucking advantage then? Don't give this wishy washy crap.
>>
>>29150254
Thank god for smart phones.

I can literally talk to you guys/shit post and ignore all of them, if they do choose to stare at me.

Chances are, though, that they aren't. Normies are pretty vacuous and self centered, so as long as you aren't noticible, they won't even bother. They'll just continue parroting to each other about how "great" their lives are.
>>
>>29155518
what definition have you been using because i assumed it was the opposite of dumb
>>29155530
>social capital and environmental factors are wishy washy
no sense of guilt/ sense of obligation to follow social rules
>>
>>29155572
> >social capital and environmental factors are wishy washy
> no sense of guilt/ sense of obligation to followsocial rules
Oh look, more copping out. Either stop throwing random terms around and give a concrete, exact explanation as to how or a scenario, or shut the fuck up.
>>
>>29155572
never mind I think you're right
>>
>>29155646
>ameritime
>entitled fat retard time
can't make this shit up
>>
File: 1411280858656.jpg (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1411280858656.jpg
22 KB, 300x300
>>29150344
this sounds like edgy bullshit at first but believe me fellow robots it is 100% fucking accurate
>>
File: 1445448616232.jpg (149 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1445448616232.jpg
149 KB, 650x650
>>29155740
>hurr I can't explain how having low emotional intelligence is better for an individual
>u-um... ur dum!
>>
>>29156128
how about YOU think of a way in which having no sense of obligation to follow social rules might give you an advantage over someone who DOES have a sense of obligation to follow rules

like meet me halfway here

if i wanted to have a discussion with myself i wouldn't be posting you lazy shit
>>
>>29156182
>how about YOU think of a way in which having no sense of obligation to follow social rules might give you an advantage over someone who DOES have a sense of obligation to follow rules
I thought about it and have come to the conclusion that there's literally nothing good about being an autist. I'm not making your shitty argument for you just because you got nothing. Eat shit.
>>
>>29152188
30 days isnt that long of a time. Ive done this before. Deleted internet and just did drugs. Tbh this website is fun af senpai
>>
>>29155784
This is true for teenage girls only.
>>
>>29156369
you're the one who has contributed nothing to the discussion not me

my response has been adequate given the questions you lazy retard
>>
>>29151136
Nah me and my friends always laugh at neckbeards in public lol.
>>
>>29156444
Contribute to fucking what? You're the one making the retarded claim. You're the one who needs to prove it. Go pour gasoline over yourself.

>my response has been adequate
No. No it fucking hasn't. You fucking answered nothing. Just admit you're retarded holy shit.
>>
>go to some cheap Conveyor belt sushi place, foods shitty but i can eat my fill
>all the other tables are full of groups 2 or more people
>literally no one cares that im by myself, they dont even so much as glance at me
>still sperg out and leave a couple minutes later
Its a hard knock life
>>
>>29150254
>Dat pizza
>Roasted mushrooms and pepperoni, the crust is white meaning that it is that perfect level of doughiness that everyone loves but does not want to admit
Hnnnngggg that is a patrician pizza, do want
>>
>>29156444
You seriously need to fucking kill yourself. You basically said 2+2=5 and then asked everyone else to prove otherwise.
>>
>>29150254
>eating alone in 2016
is your life really that boring? holy shit. are you like 65?
>>
>>29153385
>antisocial people are better at exploiting these factors
No. No, they aren't. Fuck off with this bullshit. Antisocial people are a completely different group you imbecile.
>>
Meant for
>>29153385
>muh social capital and environmental factors
No fucking social/environmental factor benefits the emotionally challenged you retarded fuck.
>>
>order magic truffels on the internet
>eat a couple
>no effect yet, eat some more
>gettin kinda hungry, burger kings still open
>on my way to bk, trip THE FUCK OUT
>only see lights in the dark but somehow manage to get there
>there are some popular clubs around so the place is full
>me, a 300 pound retard in dirty closes, sweating up a river while waiting in line
Im sure it was a horrible experience for everyone present
>>
>>29156529
>>29156563
>>29156599
>>29156635
stop fucking sperging retard holy shit

i'm not going to play the U DLEUSIONAL ELABORATE game when you have offered NOTHING FOR ME TO REFUTE

i am not wasting effort on you when you are a) retarded as shown by these posts >>29156563 >>29156635 >>29156657
and you are b) expecting me to do all the work
>>
>>29156563
retarded analogy
>>29156635
REFER TO MY ORIGINAL POST THE ONE YOU ORIGINALLY RESPONDED TO >>29152657
>>29156657
i don't even know what this has to do with the post you replied to you fucking illiterate
>>
>>29153928
Youre life sounds like a french independent film
>>
File: THEONLYJUAN.jpg (7 KB, 300x150) Image search: [Google]
THEONLYJUAN.jpg
7 KB, 300x150
>>29151521
>that there's no absolutes;
IT'S OVER ANIKIN!
I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND
>>
>>29150254
I've never gotten weird looks eating alone, although when I do I'm on a lunch break or something and almost everyone else is too so its not that weird.
Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.