[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do Americans think it's cool or "bad ass"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 5
File: 1464807765897.jpg (50 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1464807765897.jpg
50 KB, 640x640
Why do Americans think it's cool or "bad ass" when I drink vodka straight? Why do they only drink vodka that has been diluted?
Even the black people over here start flipping out and acting like it's a big deal.
>>
cause Americans are all dumb faggots

t. American
>>
>>29140664

They're not, you look like a straight up alcoholic with mental issues drinking without a chaser. You is b that crazy white boy that might shoot up a school after a few straight shots
>>
>>29140664
I knew an American at university who lost his shit whenever I neck'd neat whisky. I thought it was just him.
>>
>>29140675
don't be self hating dude, I just wanna know why you all spaz out when I drink my smirnoff out of the bottle
>>29140684
Woah thats crazy! Supremely meemed
>>29140686
Even when I go to pubs here in florida and ask for a straight rum/vodka/bourbon they look at me as if I'm crazy. You'd think the bartenders would be a bit more understandable
>>
>>29140704
I wouldn't look at you crazy, I'd assume you just like it that way

then again I've never had an alcoholic drink in my life so I don't really know what it tastes like
>>
>>29140748
>then again I've never had an alcoholic drink in my life so I don't really know what it tastes like
cute
i wanna get you drunk for the first time
>>
>>29140762
well I'm in Florida, where you at?
>>
>>29140704
Drinking spirits straight isn't unusual, but neutral spirits like vodka is absolutely disgusting
>>
>>29140686
>Necking Whisky
Confirmed pleb.
>>
>>29140848
>Savouring pub whisky
Confirmed pretentious prick. Whisky in a pub is there to do one job and one job only.

>>29140704
>You'd think
You would think.
>>
>>29140979
I need to introduce you to some damn good whiskey, then.
>>
>>29140822
I love how nobody responds to posts like these, the guy isn't from florida and even if he was. he's on r9k, he's too pussy to meet people
>>
>tfw raised in US and regularly take shots of straight liquor, as do many other people I've met
you clearly have just been hanging out with pussies. that said, I don't really like vodka, I'm more of a rum and bourbon guy
>>
>>29140822
I am in florida, we can get drunk or smoke weed
>>
>>29140844

Maybe if the vodka is cheap shit
I always drink it straight. And good vodka barely has a taste
>>
>>29141088
>drinks shots
>calls others pussies

Only women take shots because they dont like the strong taste of alcohol.

You better be a woman.
>>
>be me
>live in eastern
>always drank straight vodka/whiskey/whatever
>when i was 15 i used to mix vodka with cola because muh throat but stopped doing it when i turned 16 because i got used to the burning in the throat
>20+ amerifags can't drink straight vodka without thinking it's disgusting/passing out after a few shots

Wew lads
>>
>>29141122
I used to just drink straight from the bottle, but found I get drunk faster with shots
>>
>>29141122
Shots is a good way of measuring how much you've had.
>>
>>29141133
*eastern yurop

Sorry lads till slightly drunk
>>
>>29141076
ay lad was having a wank what the fuck do you want from me
>>
>>29141088
>>29141135
samson you are a fucking viking with a british accent, a little vodka wouldn't do shit to you
>>
>>29141133
Is it really the throat burn that stop people? I always figured it was the taste, but then again, I've always been drinking the cheapest of the cheap stuff, so all the strong liquor I've tasted has tasted awful.

Also, OP, I always drink it straight as well because that's how I was raised. I never get the alcoholic suspicion look when I do though. People usually just make impressed remarks unless I order when I'm clearly already drunk.
>>
>>29141333
Kek, i always either drank the cheapest liquor available or drank my grandpa's home made rakya. Shit, that thing tasted terrible and burned your throat as if you were drinking acid but it could knock out the most experienced alcoholic after a few glasses.
Rip you old based motherfucker, your jokes, war stories and rakya are greatly missed at family gatherings
>>
>>29141119
>good vodka

How can you possibly make bad vodka? It's literally ethanol and water, there's not really much you can do to change that formula. No matter what you do it's still going to taste and smell like fucking ethanol, which is never a good taste.
>>
>>29142392

you don't triple distil it
>>
File: ayy.jpg (2 MB, 2938x2204) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
2 MB, 2938x2204
If you don't drink rye neat what's the point of even drinking?
>>
>>29142446
Mate, doesn't matter how much you distill it, it's still ethanol and water. The ethanol might be purer, but that won't stop the taste, as the taste generally doesn't come as a result of the impurities. Hence why it has a similar smell to other alkanols.
>>
>>29140664
>even black ppl

Not sure where ur from but black ppl cannot drink like whites can. Most will barely even drink liquor and they throw up way faster than whites.
>>
>>29142521
So it's actually true that there's lines at black parties to take pictures with their esteemed expensive liquor and not everybody has their own bottle?
>>
Probably because straight vodka tastes like shit.
>>
>>29142535
they might have their own bottle, but they definitely don't finish it it's a 5th of gallon or whatever
>>
>>29142541
This. No-one's going "what a badass, drinking straight vodka", they're looking at you because they all know it tastes like shit, and don't get why you'd drink it straight instead of with something. Any cunt can down a bunch of vodka to look cool.
>>
Seppos are soft cocks. While the rest of the world is getting shitfaced at 16 they're sober. By the time they get around to legal drinking age most everyone has had a good 5 years under their belt.
>>
>>29142596
You know that most Americans start drinking at 15-16 anyway, right?
>>
>>29142535
Why the fuck would you want your own bottle. People who run around with a bottle on a party are fucking retards and most likely black or american!
>>
>>29142613
>coors light
>'''shots''''
>wine cooler

ok
>>
>>29142613
I'm pretty sure that's not true.
>>
>>29140664
This seems to be a general trend in America, or at least that's my perception. In contrast to my home country coffee are rarely drunk black and bitter, beer is watery and light and spirits are usually drank diluted with soft some kind of soft drink to make them more easily drunk.

Honestly I feel like this goes for the food as well. Most Americans seems to stay away from things that are too spicy, in stark contrast to their southern neighbors whose food burns like hell.
>>
>>29140664
I never understood social drinking. My exgf and her friends would always do that shit and just sit and drink nonstop for like 15 hours straight not watching movies or anything just fucking sitting on couches not even talking. Like what in the fucking fuck. Then they mix it with all this gay shit.

Ive never understood any drug culture. I mean everyone always gave me shit about not doing drugs or whatever the fuck and I do them more than they do. Ive been high every day 24/7 for the last two years and the 5 years before that I was drunk 24/7. I seriously dont fucking get it.

What I also dont understand is why everyone freaks the fuck out like WOOOAAAAH DUDDE ALCOHOL AND WEEEEEEED AYYYY LMAO BRO I CANT REMEMBER ANYTHING!!

Fuck I hate that shit so much. Im completely here and present 100%. I might not be able to stand up or whatever but im 100% fucking concious and aware of everything around me and remember everything. It feels like some giant made up forced meme that everyone pretends is reality when it clearly fucking is not.
>>
>>29143032
Black out drunk is a term for a reason anon, you get too drunk and you eventually lose the ability to be able to fully form new memories. Same as any other drug that will knock you out, you get too intoxicated on it and eventually you lose that, and aren't fully there.

Also, most people don't get that drunk, they just lie about how drunk they were after having like three beers.
>>
>>29143234
Ive never been this drunk and I used to regularly drink like 10-15 shots at a session. I call bullshit.
>>
Why does everyone in this thread say that vodka tastes like shit? Only cheap vodkas taste like chemicals. Good vodkas taste neutral and subtle you fucking retard amerifats
>>
>>29143291
Well, sorry to say this, but medicine doesn't really care what you think. Here's a publication from the National Institute of Alcoholism explaining how alcohol effects memory creation and storage.

http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/arh27-2/186-196.htm

And here's a couple quotes from the paper to support it.

>Large amounts of alcohol, particularly if consumed rapidly, can produce partial (i.e., fragmentary) or complete (i.e., en bloc) blackouts, which are periods of memory loss for events that transpired while a person was drinking
>Blackouts are much more common among social drinkers,including college drinkers, than was previously assumed, and have been found to encompass events ranging from conversations to intercourse.
>>
>>29142679
True for every 16 year old I've met.
>>
>>29142764
You've obviously not had a good American beer. Don't believe the Budweiser commercials, people only drink that shit because it's cheap.
>>
This is only true for young people. Go to any hole in the wall bar and ask for a chaser other than beer, and be looked at like a fool. Ask for a cocktail and you might as well be wearing a rainbow flag. On the rocks is as far as most grown men(25+) go.
>>
>>29143032
>look at me guys i'm so superior for not drinking alcohol or doing drugs

It's funny how there are so many annoying kids who think like you, and yet you all think you're "unique" and "thinking outside the box".

The point of drinking is to have a laugh. You get a few beers or spirits down you, you loosen up, you lose your inhibitions, you get to do things you'd probably never do while sober. So long as you don't drink to the point of causing danger to your body, you're generally perfectly safe. The most risk that the average person faces is having an unpleasant vomit session if they go too far, and perhaps a hangover the next day. Both of which are reasonable prices to pay for a good night.

But, of course, your idea of fun is more sitting inside and playing Steam games for 6 hours right?
>>
>>29143291
It happens.

Once I closed my eyes for a second whilst dancing and next thing I knew I was half way across the city in a chair in a house full of sleeping people I didn't know. Without a wallet or phone.

I still don't know exactly what happened, but it was a good 5 hours.
>>
I grew up with my uncle sneaking me scotch mixed with a little water. He's a complete alcoholic, but probably the most chill person in my otherwise shitty family.

I still prefer whisky and water, or just whisky straight. I just pour out as many fingers as I want to drink for an hour or so, and that's it.
>>
File: 456s.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
456s.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>29143638
>look at me guys i'm so superior for not drinking alcohol or doing drugs

Are you retarded? I said I used to be a hardcore alcoholic drinking like a half a 5th/5th a day.

So basically youre saying though that alcohol makes you not a pussy? Im already not a pussy. I dont need to get high or drunk to do shit. I like to be drunk or high because I like to be drunk or high not as a crutch to disable my beta pussy cuck fears. Thats gay as fuck.

But yeah usually playing games with my friends is a lot more fucking fun than to sit on a couch and stare at a wall awkwardly shifting back and forth just to fucking fit in. Why the fuck would I ruin my fun time just so I can be seen somewhere occupying space. Thats faggy as fuck. The last time I was around people and drunk we all sat in this shed and watched this movie and talked shit about it nonstop and then went outside with the stars and told holocaust jokes while we watched this really obese balding white man attempt to take his pants off and fall over and over and over until pantsless he finally took a piss on a wooden fence. Then another guy slapped him with his dick across his face. But staring at a wall is interesting and fun I guess pretending im not on some white trash caricature of jersey shore.
>>
>>29140664
straight gin for me senpai, i can put that shit away
>>
>>29140664
Most polish people I know drink apple juice to their zubrowka
>>
>>29143638
>he most risk that the average person faces is having an unpleasant vomit session if they go too far, and perhaps a hangover the next day. Both of which are reasonable prices to pay for a good night.
Don't forget the various health-related issues. In my opinion alcohol makes you free from your everyday struggles and concerns very easily, but the price is also very serious.
>>
>>29142573
A good vodka is tasteless. Your shitty smirnoffs and bottom shelf rot gut vodkas taste like rubbing alcohol, but a well made vodka like Titos will be smooth and have no aftertaste, just the burn.
>>
File: 1448479050833.jpg (6 KB, 249x250) Image search: [Google]
1448479050833.jpg
6 KB, 249x250
>>29140664
>drinking the shitty slav juce
>>
>>29144545
k
bloxxerino
>>
>>29143631
You ask for something that isnt fruity like jack & coke, or ginger ale and jamesons. If you ask for a hurricane or an apple martini yeah they will look at you like you're an idiot, but a common mixed drink isn't a big deal. Hell, any bartender that is worth his trade can make you an old fashioned or russian mule, thats as ungay as they come
>>
>>29140748
Vodka tastes like gasoline but nice.

Alot of people hate the taste, but I actually like the taste better when the drink isn't super sugary and gross. I like the taste of ethanol, but in terms of effects I would rather do almost any other drug.

Ffs it just gives me a headache, makes me retarded, and then nauseous and angsty the next day.
>>
>>29140844
Idk man I like the taste of ethanol. I just don't like cns depressants that much, so I don't drink it very often.

I wish there was something that tasted like a nice vodka, but didn't get you drunk.
>>
>>29144650
There's absolutely no reason that a "good" vodka would taste different to any other. There's literally two ingredients, and the taste and smell as well as burn comes from the ethanol. There's nothing you can do to change that except just serving water, as even pure ethanol as may be used in a lab still contains these properties.
>>
>>29142392
Ethanol tastes good m8. Fucking rum or whatever with a bunch of sugar in it just ruins the taste of the drug and makes me want to gag.
>>
>>29142573
Just because you don't like the taste of ethanol doesn't mean nobody else does.

My dad is a high functioning alcoholic, so I guess it's just hard wired into my genes.
>>
>>29142764
The reason people don't drink coffee black is that people usually buy garbage coffee.

I used to add lots of milk til I started buying Deathwish Coffee. Holy shit it tastes like Jesus's fat cock in my mouth (assuming his loads contained 660 mg of caffeine lol).
>>
>>29144896
>>29144949
Wow guys, you sure are hard cunts, I'm sure everyone thinks you're very cool for drinking it straight, just like everyone here does. Make sure you bring your going out hat next time you're at the pub so you don't miss the chance to tip it at any admiring m'ladies!
>>
this dude is lying. i'm a girl and no one is impressed by my drinking liquor straight. when i go to the bar and order shots, with no chaser, nobody looks at my like i'm crazy.
>>
>>29141164
one shot doesn't, half a bottle like I normally drink does
>>
>>29144731
I agree, but then the drunks will look at you funny, because if you do order those, you might as well go rail instead of brand name. Once you throw soda in anything it cancels any taste benefits you gain by going name brand. I worked in a liquor store and seen a young guy get clowned because he brought a 1300 dollar bottle and a ginger ale. They talked about that guy for days.
>>
File: 1282882656479.jpg (14 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1282882656479.jpg
14 KB, 184x184
>>29140664
I'm a Eastern European living in Western Europe. I often go to bars by myself in the hopes of meeting someone, a friend or a potential gf, but it hasn't happened in three years.
Anyways, i try to go to different bars every evening and i order three shots of vodka and one strong brown beer. I down the shots, keep a somewhat straight face and every fucking time, the bartenders look at me funny. I then spend an hour or two drinking the beer as the law states that a customer can't get kicked out of an establishment if he still has something in his cup, unless the place is closing down.

Life is a meme.
>>
>>29144949
Enjoy your throat cancer then
>>
>>29143638
Lol. I don't even drink m8.

I got properly drunk like once and it was terrible. The only pleasant part was the burn/taste of the vodka.

Maybe instead of just assuming I drink straight vodka to look cool you should acknowledge that people have different tastes than you.
>>
>>29140822
MIAMI NIGGAS WHERE YOU AT!
>>
>>29145126
I don't drink. I tried it a couple times, but it's a shit tier drug compared to good LSD or some nice cannabis.
>>
>>29145201
gud 4 u cobber
>>
My American friend had a sip of my linie aquavit once. He though he was going to die. Acting like it was the worst thing to happen to him

A tiny sip of aquavit

I mean. Come on man
>>
>>29145201
>drugs other than nicotine or alcohol
How does it feel to be a fucking normie? I literally can't get my hands on any illegal drugs because i have no friends, and never did.
Alcohol is the most robot drug, because it's pretty much the only one you can get without any social interactions.
>>
A lot of people in this thread don't really understand "Americans" very well. The reason they say vodka tastes like shit is because they drink the cheap shit, and the reason they drink the cheap shit is because they can buy a lot of it for partying which none you people do so you didn't think of it. A handle of cheap vodka is like 10 bucks and that's a pretty good amount when you consider you are not having a vodka party.

Every part I go to has spiced rum, vodka, jagermeister, just from the host and then other people bring more.

also no one looks at anyone just drinking as goes "whoa what a bad ass" unless you are drinking while holding a baby and fighting a ninja with a ladder.
>>
what is your favorite spirit r9k?
I like Barbados rum and bottled in bond bourbon
>>
>>29145279
Even in mister robot the robot had a fucking friend who was a drug dealer. You can literally just get one friend who is a drug dealer and you are set. Lucky my cousin is a drug dealer so it's easier.
>>
>>29145279
because buying drugs off the internet is for normies, right?
>>
>>29143291
"Cancer doesn't exist because I have never had it."

You havent drank enough lad. You have to keep drinking after you're already fucked up beyond repair. Have your 10-15 drinks then add a few Bacardi 151 drinks, you will wake up the next day with no recollection of what happened after that last drink.

I once had nearly 30 drinks one night and I have no idea what happened past a certain point. Apparently I shit on the bathroom floor while puking, yelled terrible shit at my wife and tore a door off its frame for whatever reason. I have absolutely NO memory of any of this happening, but she took a video of me being belligerent. Even after watching it I couldn't recall anything.

I slowed my drinking down a ton after that, scared the hell out of me.
>>
>>29145445
sounds like a shitty convienent excuse for why youre a terrible human being
>>
>>29145571
Not him, but there's already been proof that alcohol can cause you to black out posted in the thread.
>>
>>29145125
Going to a bunch of different bars is your problem. Become a regular at 2 different bars, and get to know the keep. They can point you in the right direction on females and discount you drinks. Hang around enough in a specific bar and the lot lizards will come to you.
>>
>>29145571
You're a fucking moron, you know that right?
>>
>tfw never drank before and only come to these threads to try to learn the meme codes
>>
You should probably stop hanging out with high school kids. US drinking culture is petty big, we like to drink just like everyone else. Drinking vodka straight is pretty common although vodka isn't that big here. Mostly whiskey.
>>
>>29145571
That is an interesting issue, since i have never seen it set whether black-out drinking makes you aware of what you are doing or not. I know i could never push some boundaries when i was completely drunk- i could do some silly things like talking about embarrassing things to strangers-which happened when i was completely drunk, but i could have done if i had enough courage when sober - or peeing on a place i shouldn't have, which i completely admit is due to me being a horrible person, because i feel like i could have done many more things than that if i was brave enough, but still there are laws for women that tell they cant consent when they are drunk, which allows them to do really stupid things like, i don't know, cheat on your partner or have a gangbang. That is literally admitting women are underaged humans that can't make decisions for themselves.
speaking as a female, btw [/spoiler[]
>>
>>29144874
Its called impurities. If its distilled quickly or with shitty ingredients or not filtered, it will leave undesirable byproducts from fermentation. These are what lead to strong rubbing alcohol tastes (fusel alcohols) and excessive burning present in shit like butnetts or skol.

Go take a shot of skol, then take a shot of titos and tell me they are the exact same. I don't want to hear your "but teh same ingredients! There cant be difference!" shit. There is a difference from impurities.
>>
>>29145921
Yeah, I'll just go down to my obscure spirits collections and try it out now anon, thanks.

I never said impurities weren't a factor, I said that the majority of the taste comes from the ethanol, and that no matter how much it costs or how good it is, that ethanol will still always taste like fucking ethanol. The same way completely pure ethanol made in a lab does.

Whether it's $10 vodka or $500 vodka, it's still going to taste like vodka and you're being a moron if you're seriously trying to imply that distilling it more will somehow change that.
>>
>>29145921
Also, the burning is directly a result of the effect ethanol has on living tissue, not trace amounts of whatever the fuck left over from fermentation.
>>
>>29146088
Fusel alcohol, look it up.

>>29146058

Yes, ethanol is what the "taste" in a vodka is. It's always going to be present but it won't be as harsh in better quality vodkas. This isn't an argument, it's a fact. Some vodkas taste worse than others and burn more. I am not making this up off the top of my head.
>>
>>29146197
Do you know what an alcohol actually is? It's simply a term describing the "ol" part of the chemical. They're not just things you drink, and nearly all will hurt you if applied to vulnerable tissues.

Ethanol burns your throat, not the left behind parts from fermentation. If you pour ethanol on an open wound, it'll burn there too, even if it's medical grade and extremely pure.

I'm not arguing about whether better ones taste better, they very well may do so, but as vodka will always primarily taste like ethanol, as it is primarily made up of ethanol, it will always have that taste that nearly everyone thinks is complete shit.

This is the case no matter how much you pay.

Also, I'd be interested in seeing the studies that support what you're saying, something not obviously biased like "I just spent $500 on a bottle and it totally tastes better than the $20 one I had a couple weeks back". Because unless you can provide those studies, you are just making it up off the top of your head..
>>
>>29146311

According to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), vodka is an odorless, colorless, tasteless spirit, and among cocktail enthusiasts it has earned a reputation as the de facto drink of choice for those who don't like the taste of alcohol.

I didn't say expensive vodka was necessarily better than cheaper vodka. Tito's that I keep mentioning is like 25 dollars a fifth, excellent for the price, very, very smooth.

On the other hand, Grey Goose isn't much better than smirnoff when it comes down to it, it's just labeling.

I mean, I can't find a fucking research paper about the differences in vodka, but I have tasted different vodkas and know some taste worse and are more harsh than others. Like, I don't know what else you want me to say. You can keep denying it but it's true.
>>
>>29140664
I drink vodka on the rocks all the time. Are u taking pills straight from a 1.75? That's probably what makes people concerned
>>
>>29142463
to get fucked up/feel good mayn
>>
>>29140664
>cool
>badass
If you weren't autistic you'd realize these people are mocking you. Drinking plain vodka (especially right out the bottle) just makes you look like a tryhard who wants to impress people.
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.