[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there's over 4,000 religions in the world but ONLY mine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot_2016-06-06-10-17-17-1.png (373 KB, 1438x1734) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-06-10-17-17-1.png
373 KB, 1438x1734
>there's over 4,000 religions in the world but ONLY mine is right! The rest are destined to burn in hell forever

Does anyone just laugh at people who are religious, or just low IQ in general.
>>
>>29098259
There are even more adjectives but in the end they describe noun.
>>
>>29098259
I'm religious, and I'm not saying I'm right. I'm pretty sure the only reason I converted was because I couldn't handle the idea of nonexistance. My IQ is 128 by the way
>>
I see religion as a coping mechanism. The only people I laugh at are the people who insist their religion is the only correct one and everyone else is a retard.
>>
The human race can't think of things that aren't a result of stimulation from the environment.

All the movies, technology--everything--is influenced by what we see. We can't make it up unless somebody's mind has experienced it. You can't draw a tree unless you've seen a tree.

Here's where it gets weird: how the heck did somebody get the idea that there was something bigger out there? A god, other extraterrertrial beings, weird phenomina. Something had to happen in the history of humanity that introduced it to us.

We're just so far away from the last time any type of "divine" intervention happened that humanity has forgotten where we're from.

That's just my philosophy. No religion is right, because the human collective is so fucked up, we can't be perfect. Just look at society.

Believe or not. It's up to you.
>>
File: 2Spz3xI.gif (891 KB, 700x478) Image search: [Google]
2Spz3xI.gif
891 KB, 700x478
>>29098259
I was going to agree with you until I saw
>"MUH INTELLECT"
this is basically just a circle jerk thread, right?
>>
>>29098373
>realizes the truth
>gets butthurt because he's been cucked his whole life by everyone around him

Butt blast detected.
>>
Everyone does that
Be it religion, life philosophy,point of view about life
You have one and think that you are right. Simple as that
Everyone,even atheists or agnostics, pick a side in something at life
Im not religious,but dont underestimate the intelligence of people just because they dont agree with your views
>>
>>29098562
Religion is an idea written by a few jokers a couple thousand years back to control the masses and instill fear into them and make them follow the law, and its worked incredibly well, people are now killing themselves over it.
>>
>>29098259
There is no proof of what happens after you die.

>reincarnation (possibly based on karma)
>eternal void due to loss of self awareness
>after life in another dimension (possibly based on karma)
>your self awareness becomes objective and you become one with everything. Expierencing all forms of life at the same time
>>
>>29098611
Hahahaha
>religion was created to control the masses
Its been a time since ive seen this meme. Well, its really hard to argue such a thing. If you look at the oldest religions at earth, most of them were animistic,shamanistic,etc. Those kind of faiths dont really have an organized system of morals or something like the Vatican to control them. Most of them are either practiced by the people as an whole or by shamans. If you analyze the content of such creeds,you will see that they were an way to contact and understand the nature, not to control others. By believing in the action of gods and spirits in the creation of the world, the primitive humans tried to reason with them. So no,religion wasnt created to control others(Not saying it wasnt used to do such a thing in the course o history tho)
Also,they werent jokers,they were our primitive ancestors who didnt had such a wide understanding of the world as we have today. If you judge them as jokers,you are committing a huge anachronism
>>
>>29098259
"No, don't believe in something that you want to believe that effects me in no way, shape or form"
>145 iq
>Christian
>believe in evolution
look at how evolution happened, rougly. Then read Genesis, it's quite similar. I'm not saying that my religion is correct, I'm pretty much an agnostic theist, but you're pretty much saying all religious people are like "im right you're wrong". Most religious people don't even believe, they have an idea. An idea >a belief. I don't believe in the bible to the word, barely anyone does.
>>
There is only one true God. He is the many faced God. Valar murgsyccd
>>
atheism is almost as mindless as christianism. Agnosticism is the only rational belief
>>
>>29098696
So you've basically said the smaller religions are more believable then the bigger ones.

Christianity
>follow our ways or you'll burn in hell
Islam
>follow our ways or you'll burn in hell

Etc etc you get the point..

If you don't think that its slightly strange that there's multiple religions who all make that same claim then you are a sheep.
>>
>>29098259
>he doesn't believe in god
like the jury's out on religion but if you don't believe in god you're obviously a pleb
>>
>>29098259
I don't laugh, faith and religion do provide some benefits to people and society.

But you're right, the idea that one religion is right is laughable. It just so happens that pointing this out to people is socially unacceptable but what can you do.
>>
>>29098804
>smaller religions are more believable then the bigger ones
I havent said that. Stop putting words in my tongue
>uses the "you will burn in hell" argument
My friendo,all the religions that believe in hell are abrahamic. The abrahamic religions believe that in the after-life,you will be judged by your actions and go to hell,heaven,or,in the case of judaism, closer or farther to god
The problem is that the abrahamic religions are based on the words of prophets. These guys supposedly said that they have talked to god, and as so, have the power to say to others what he told them. Im not saying they did or didnt, but a lot of things these guys said are terrible if you want to control others(Ex:The prohibition of several stupid things like not being able to use clothes of different colours at the same time)
Different abrahamic religions say others will go to hell because they believe in a different number of prophets and prophecies. Thats it
Also,most religions dont even say that people that dont believe in their gods will go to hell
>>
>>29098874
>faith and religion provide benefits to people and society
be thankfull you don't live in 17th century spain mate or you'd be saying those same exact words tied to a rack
>>
>>29098931
>The abrahamic religions believe that in the after-life,you will be judged by your actions and go to hell

Don't you find it the least bit strange then that those coincidentally all have the biggest following, that just goes back to my control the masses point entirely, but every time I bring up a valid point all you do is call it off as a meme cause you know its a solid theory that has been around, also at this point you're just bashing Christianity Islam and Judaism which is alright with me, I can agree that those ones aren't real and man made by who knows 2000 years ago, I truly believe there is a god, religion is just a brainwashing scam though and God is gonna end this shit hole of a society we turned it into.
>>
>>29099032
>implying spanish inquisition wasnt a tool of the spanish state to persecute oppositors and public agitators,but actually something religious
Study a bit more about the inquisition tribunals The ones who were actually clerical had A LOT less condenations
>inb4 the english inquisition
It was the same crap as the spanish one
>>
>>29098371
>You can't draw a tree unless you've seen a tree.
Dragons confirmed.
Unicorns confirmed.
Zeus confirmed.
ANIME GIRLS CON FUCKING FIRMED.
>>
>>29098931
whats wrong with men claiming they talk to spirts?

most of the war generals in history claimed so and shamanism is one of the oldest religions if not the oldest on the planet
>>
thanks assholes now i am aware of sin and your religion i'm going to hell.
>>
>>29099102
Well,they do have the biggest follower numbers,but that doesnt mean that they were designed to control the masses. Its just their nature to have a big ammount of followers, as these are religions that support the expansion of the faith, rigid morals and an afterlife prize
Also, i know that your point that religion is used to control people is somewhat valid, i just dont agree that any religion was created with that purpose. Well,besides mormonism and some strange shit like this
Also,i dont think religion as a whole is brainwashing. Having a religion doesnt mean exactly being brainwashed,but having something to believe. But of course,brainwashing can happen
Also, religion actually has done a lot of good to our societies. Without them uniting people under a banner,i dont think that we would have developed societies so fast
>>
>>29099166
I didnt said it is wrong. Where have you read that?
>>
>>29099282
>The problem is that the abrahamic religions are based on the words of prophets.

I know a lot of people have probably lied or told people to do evil things but it is a very common theme for humans
>>
>>29099314
read the post as an whole and you will understand the context of this phrase
>>
>>29099239
>Its just their nature to have a big ammount of followers

Come on man, that's just lying to yourself at that point. If you seriously don't think taking a young child to a church and having a senior man dressed in special clothing tell them the fears of hell and what happens if you don't abide by Christianity isn't what influences them to be religious then you are playing some good mental gymnastics, its all about the fear of the afterlife, and since no one can prove anything about it, the abrahamic religions have done the greatest job in harnessing peoples fear in and telling them the consequences of not being a follower, that's not someone's nature to just follow that religion that's a strong influence of fear on that individual to make them a good boy.
>>
>>29099132
the church is still a means to control the masses and always has been. If they where still allowed to torture and persecute people they would. Hell just look at what they did during and after the civil war in spain
>>
>>29099430
>its all about the fear of the afterlife
Ive seen a lot of christians that dont even THINK about the afterlife daily
Resuming every possible reason that someone may have to follow the christianity to the "its just fearz n shit maine xDD" meme is ridiculous
Now, i agree that the early indoctrination may be a factor on following christianity,but that just proves my point,as this is something that is in the nature of the creed
"Proverbs 22:6New International Version (NIV)
6 Start children off on the way they should go,
and even when they are old they will not turn from it."
Also,have you read the points that i made about why the abrahamic religions have grown so much? Or did you just ignored them?
>>
>>29098301
> cannot handle nonexistence
> decides to believe in stories full of holes and fallacies
> claims to have high IQ

that's like saying you are doing drugs because you cant stand having a shitty life
>>
>>29099590
Of course the church controls the faith of the beliving masses. After all,the church was the one that brought the people their faith. Thats simple logic. That doesnt means that they control every aspect of their lives
Also,once again, it was the nationalist front that used the church, not the opposite. They needed the support of some conservative sectors of the society, and saw in the church a chance to gain that support
>>
>>29099614
Again just more mental gymnastics

>n-no h-hah that's not why we do it

You seem to be getting pretty butthurt at this point because I've figure out your shit ideology, also I can't see how sharing a reading about instilling the fear into the kids at a young age is going to help your argument, if anything that just helped me, but since you are going into butthurt mode ill take it easy on you.
>>
>>29098259
>iq
>something feminists use to prove and justify their reasons for rallying against men
>something you believe

pot meet kettle

so many intellectual littles in here tipping until their eyes roll back it's disgusting
>>
>>29099806
Holy shit
I see that you are ignoring a lot of my points,but anyway
Now you are going for the ad hominem strategy
Also,my shitty ideology? Havent i said it that i wasnt a christian in the first place?
Also, the quotation about teaching kids the ways of the faith helps my point because it gives a basis for my claim that the religion itself has an expantionist nature. Thats it
Let me ask you one thing:You claim that religion is stupid. What are your beliefs? Do you think that they are right?
>>
>>29099909
There is a god but religion isn't real, it is called deism. Calling assimilation expantionism is pretty funny to

>follow these rules or you'll suffer an eternity in hell fire with 10,000 scolding pitchforks up your ass
>>
>>29100086
Deism should be just as stupid as any other religion,in your point of view. Its something that you believe by yourself,but how can you prove that it isnt wrong like the other 4,200 faiths that we have around? Wake up "sheeple"
Also, it may be strange to think that assimilation expantionism is something strange to happen with doctrines that teach that afterlife there may be eternal suffering, but take a deep look at christianity, islamism and such and you will see that these doctrines have a lot of beauty and wisdom in them,as well as strong morals,wich tend to make people pay attention on their teachings. So does buddhism and other asian religions. Most people that converted didnt focused in that hell and heaven part,but mostly in the doctrines
Historical examples of such assimilation expantionism in the history of abrahamic religions are found in the conversion of yatreb or in the conversion of most germanic peoples
>>
>>29099690
> thinks having a high IQ means you can't behave irrationally
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.