[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>converted to Christianity 3 months ago >More physically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 22
File: christian-symbols-10a.jpg (73 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
christian-symbols-10a.jpg
73 KB, 1024x768
>converted to Christianity 3 months ago
>More physically and mentally healthy
>Met a nice qt girl at church
>Tfw I know if I die, I will go to heaven
Why haven't you converted yet?
>>
>>29051596
>>converted to Christianity 3 months ago
You realize you just lowered you're IQ right?
>>
I used to wonder why converts to Christianity are laughed at like literal children while converters to Buddhism are lauded as embracing the single most objective and scientific-minded system of thought ever devised, surpassing science itself in the breadth of its scope, unification, and specificity.
>>
Can't choose to believe something I think is untrue. Afterlife is only a meme to cheer us up.
>>
>>29051657
I thought afterlife etc were bullshit, but once you do research on the universe, DNA etc, you will realize atheism requires more faith than religion.
>>
Faith isnt easy
>>
>>29051632
Buddhists are retarded hippies, and thus the retards over on reddit love Buddhism and praise people for converting to it
Christianity us more conservative and today's society thinks that conservative = racist idiot
>>
>>29051687
>once you do research on the universe, DNA etc, you will realize atheism requires more faith than religion

This is like saying that a person with a physics degree assumes more than a teenage girl because he's aware of more things which 'might be false'.
>>
>>29051687
Then I wouldn't call myself atheist because my only conclusions are that I don't know and nobody knows. I'm not saying there's no God but I will say that there's no evidence and that Christianity is made up by mankind.
>>
>>29051596
i did and it just made me realize humanity is doomed
>>
>>29051721
What I'm trying to say is that stuff is way too complex to be made by chance.
Atheists literally beleive we came from rocks.
>>
>>29051755
>What I'm trying to say is that stuff is way too complex to be made by chance.

What you actually are is a coward who shies away from fleshing out the gaps.
>>
>>29051687
Explain what you mean. Just because we can't explain something or because something is truly mindblowing doesn't prove a god exists.
>>
>>29051596
Kill yourself

>>29051687

You're an imbecile

>>29051755

Nice strawman

Thanks for proving once again that Christians are braindead OP
>>
>>29051807
Atheists call Christians retarded, but atheists still practically beleive the same thing. Atheists beleive the universe came from nowhere, (atheists still don't have an explanation, but Christians do.) Atheists only have theories that are rapidly changing. As an atheist, how could you ever be sure about anything? Wow. Atheism is retarded!

>>29051832
*Tips*
>>
>>29051632
I don't think that meditating is the same as "converting" to Buddhism. I know lots of people who become more spiritual with Vipasana and other types of meditation, but noone who is a literal Buddhist.

People who convert to Christianity later in life are usually mentally retarded manchildren desperate to grasp at some semblance of meaning when in reality, they don't understand what they believe at all. Have you had a conversation with a born-again? Yeah good luck with that shit. They're all fucking retards.
>>
>people thinking religion and science are opposing concepts
Reminder that people like Newton and Maxwell were very religious while still being two of the greatest physicists ever. Anything that can be explained by science can also be explained as a function though which a God controls the universe.
I'm not even religious.
>>
>>29051894
>Atheists beleive the universe came from nowhere

No they don't, precause this presupposes some senses of 'come' and 'nowhere'. Cosmology is well-defined in terms of particles, forces, ages, and so on. What it says that is defined properly, I accept. But 'coming from' is not a cosmological term, so I reject it.

>Have you had a conversation with a born-again? Yeah good luck with that shit. They're all fucking retards.

Exactly my feelings from talking at Buddhists. 'No you're wrong you retard because consciousness is everything because killing the ego is the ultimate true awareness.'
>>
>>29051894
>no reply other than *dips bedora xD*

Every

Single

Time

You're a braindead piece of shit, kill yourself

Oh and that actor is a legit Christian as well soooo
>>
>>29051894
Christians have an explanation while atheists don't, sure, but the Christian explanation is literal garbage. I'm pretty sure I'm being baited here but whatever.

If you can't possibly not believe in a worldview because it doesn't provide all of the explanations, you're a retard and should actually kill yourself, tbqh senpai.
>>
>>29051965
Meant to quote >>29051927.

meanttoblox
>>
>born and raised in the church
>30 y.o. KHH everything-less V
>waiting to die alone

yeah it's great 2bh
>>
>>29051965
>precause
*because

Holy shit how did that come out.
>>
File: back_to_le_leddit.jpg (141 KB, 717x880) Image search: [Google]
back_to_le_leddit.jpg
141 KB, 717x880
>>29051972
Sjw get out
>>
>>29051980
Where the fuck do you live? I don't know of any fucking actual buddhists here in the first world.

I'm curious too, for you, what defines someone as being Buddhist?

For example, to be a Christian is someone who accepts the "good news" of Jesus Christ and believes in the resurrection and holy trinity.
>>
>>29052043
I mean he's not wrong. If the only replies you have are *tips fedora* and 'go back to le reddit xD' you should just kill yourself.
>>
>another shit fedora bait thread

fuck off to /pol/ or /b/
>>
>>29052062
>I don't know of any fucking actual buddhists here in the first world.

Ah, if you want to go down the 'no true Buddhist is not robed and asian' path, be my guest in another thread.

>what defines someone as being Buddhist

This is tricky, because Buddhism is much less coherent than (mono)theistic faiths. It generally refers to the personality who concedes shit like 'reality is an illusion', 'reality is in your mind', 'you should observe your mind', 'true reality is not physical', 'everything is impermanent', 'nothing is real', 'the mind is everything', 'true thought is freedom from thought'... the cluster.
>>
Because I don't believe in god. And pretending to believe in something so you get socially accepted is for chumps.
>>
>>29052139
>the personality who concedes shit like 'reality is an illusion', 'reality is in your mind', 'you should observe your mind', 'true reality is not physical', 'everything is impermanent', 'nothing is real', 'the mind is everything', 'true thought is freedom from thought'...

An interesting, very much confirmed point is that the more one cites those, to be found verbatim in Buddhist books (like, literally Buddhist, think 'Dharma Press' or whatever) the more vehemently one denies being a Buddhist.
>>
>>29052178
(...instead claiming to be an 'independent researcher of traditions everywhere' or suchshit.)
>>
File: image_13.jpg (176 KB, 664x1203) Image search: [Google]
image_13.jpg
176 KB, 664x1203
>>29051619
>>29051657
>>29051721
>>29051749
>>29051768
>>29051807
>>29051832
>>29051927
>>29051965
>>29051972
>>29051973
>>29052081
>>29052158

Some real autism itt. gb2 leddit.
>>
>>29051596
>I will go to heaven

So will have and so will muslims

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/mar/22/pope-benedict-xvi-heaven-non-catholics-church

get rekt fag
>>
File: 1391051075215.jpg (44 KB, 329x399) Image search: [Google]
1391051075215.jpg
44 KB, 329x399
>>29052220
>Catholics
>Christian
>>
>>29051894
I know this is bait but I'm bored so...

>Atheists beleive the universe came from nowhere
There is no unified view for all atheists on how the world was created. Most probably believe in the Big Bang theory, though, which doesn't say anything about everything being created from nothing. All it says is that data suggests that at one point, all mass in the universe was concentrated in one point. Just because we'll never know what happened before that doesn't mean the theory says our universe was created out of nothing.

>but Christians do
No, you don't. You have a theory, not an explanation. There is no proof to back up any religion.

>Atheists only have theories that are rapidly changing
That's how science work. We can't directly observe some things so we have to create theories and then, if possible, conduct experiments to verify or dismiss the theory. Sometimes misinterpreting previous data or newly gained knowledge requires us to update our theories.

>As an atheist, how could you ever be sure about anything?
There are a lot of things that have been proven (i.e. not just theories). You can, in fact, only shitpost on 4chan thanks to science.

>Wow. Atheism is retarded!
Religion is remaining ignorant and blindly believing a book written by humans thousands of years ago, science is wanting to understand the universe. If you think that is retarded, then feel free to do so.
>>
>>29052195

>>29052158 here

How is not believe in god autism? That would mean about 70% of my country is autistic. Since that's the percentage of people who don't believe in god.
>>
>>29052270
Not even him and actually atheist, but he clearly refers to speaking out in threads like this not just atheism.
>>
File: 1464831669052.gif (729 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
1464831669052.gif
729 KB, 267x200
>>29052195
>ALL ATHEISTS ARE REDDIT XDXDXDDD
This ia the strawman Christians came up with ? That only shows that you are the autistic one.
I'll be a fedora tipper over a bible thumper any day.
>>
>>29052270
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2039690/Atheism-autism-Controversial-new-study-points-link-two.html

Atheists are unable to grasp complicated concepts, such as Christianity
>>
File: islam.jpg (690 KB, 2937x1835) Image search: [Google]
islam.jpg
690 KB, 2937x1835
Because I converted to the one true religion, infidel. I hope you too one day will see the light. Allahu akbar!
>>
>>29052357
It says that atheism is common among autistic people, not the opposite, which you are claiming. Autistic people don't have any problem grasping complex concepts. They do however have difficulty comprehending things which does not have any logic to it (e.g. religion).
>>
>>29052357
>goddidit
>complicated
>>
>>29052357
Still, about 70% of population atheist(or undecided) that would mean a MAJOR spike in autism statistics, wouldn't it?

But nothing like that is happening. I'm talking about Czech Republic by the way in case you want to check it for yourself.
>>
File: 1418340267482.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1418340267482.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
> Americans still cling to religion and guns
> People there eat fast food on a daily basis
> Average American IQ is 20 points lower than European countries
> Mass shootings literally multiple times a year
>>
>>29052466
>> Average American IQ is 20 points lower than European countries

This is bullshit even considering blacks. This would be true for Africa.
>>
>>29051894
Acknowledging that you don't know something is a sign of maturity.

There's no need to come up with an explanation for something just to console yourself. The goal of science is to figure out the answers to questions like "where it all came from" using a logical method of inquiry. The fact that scientific hypotheses (not theories) are rapidly changing as we receive new information is a good thing. The relative stagnancy of Christian beliefs is a bad thing.
>>
File: Smug.jpg (144 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
Smug.jpg
144 KB, 450x600
>>29051596
>know

A completely original comment.
>>
>>29052482
There are some pretty fucking dumb people here though.

They's POWERFUL DUMB, George. Powerful dumb.
>>
>be born into a Christian family
>live a Christian life never hurt anyone and treated others as myself
>only reward is being miserable and alone
>not sociopathic and selfish enough to be accepted into social circles even so called Christian ones
>God is a silent God

I am so weary and would like nothing more than being wiped from existence
>>
>>29052509
Something cannot come from nothing. There must be an external first mover for reality. This scientific fact is something atheist deny every day.

St. Thomas Aquinas, etc.
>>
>>29051596
kill ones self
>>
>>29052366
As-salamu alaykum brother.
>>
>>29052581
Even *assuming* that that claim is meaningful (personally I'm highly unconvinced with validity of terms you used), and even *agreeing* on the definition of 'God' as such 'prime mover' for the sake of agreement, this makes exactly as much change in the bigger picture as calling such prime mover 'blllffp'. Nothing follows from it: not Christian tenets of salvation or whatever, not miracles, not the afterlife. Inferring those would be guilty of misequivocation.
>>
>>29052220
>antipope opinion

he's absolutely terrible for Catholics. what the world needs is a firm unchanging Catholic Church amidst all the watered down liberal norm of going with anything. not to mention he panders so hard to muslims when they're killing Christian brothers and sisters in the middle east.
>>
>>29052629
>pointless semantics

Unless an unfurnished empty room suddenly furnishes itself from nothingness. Atheists have to deal with an all-powerful Creator.
>>
>>29052482
Found the uneducated American.
>>
>>29052680
It was not pointless: it explained your equivocation whereby you say, 'let's define God as the cause of the universe whatever' x 'GOD EXISTS' x 'suddenly interventional God exists'.
>>
>>29052581
And why should existence of god matter to us?

To us inferior men who got fucked by genetic lottery.
>>
>>29052708
Last I checked, most intelligent countries were Japan & S. Korea, at 105 or so. USA and Europe were equally around 100, perhaps slanting to Western Europe. Second would like Mexico or Brazil or China might be ~95, though I don't remember. 80 and such are, again, black Africa. There of course exist regional distinctions too, e.g. capital cities vs rural areas.
>>
>>29052750
>Second would
*Second world
>>
>>29052750
You forgot Israel which is 115
>>
>>29051596
good for you OP, meet a girl and leave this place. fedora tippers are just mad that theyll die forever alone.
>>
>>29052711
>more disingenuous semantic nitpicking
Throwing in reddit words doesn't make you look less shallow. Science agrees something cannot come from nothing. Reality has an external Creator.

>>29052715
Up to you. I personally believe the way of life he outlines in the Bible is best for personal happiness and human civilization. It's no surprise that the top benevolent nation in history was built on his teachings culturally. Also the sharp decline of America the moment they turned their back on it.
>>
>>29052801
Sure it is, Shlomo
>>
>>29052813
>Up to you. I personally believe the way of life he outlines in the Bible is best for personal happiness and human civilization. It's no surprise that the top benevolent nation in history was built on
Happiness based on a some book with nothing to back it up is not real happiness.

Also why should I care about the civilization?
>>
>>29051755

>Atheists literally believe we came from rocks.

lol now you are trolling
>>
>>29052832
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashkenazi_Jewish_intelligence
27 citations
>>
>>29052801
Actually I don't remember Israel at all, so I'm going to look up if this is not bait. I mean, 115 is obviously out of question -- that would literally be heaven on earth, you underestimate the effect of increasing the average of a WHOLE POPULATION -- but 103 or so, possibly.

https://ethnicgenome.wordpress.com/2009/03/01/israeli-iq-not-94-at-all/

Apparently issue is confused by various ethnic groups, but it seems my rough estimate of 103 or so might fit.

>>29052813
>disingenuous semantic nitpicking

You are good at this.
>>
>>29052867
Well, not rock perhaps. More like liquid or further back, gas.
>>
>>29052864
>Up to you
>I personally

Read better instead of trying to start an internet argument.
>>
>>29052925
Except I was talking about your choices. You talk about happiness, but is it really happiness? If it's based on religion? You wouldn't have it without faith. How can you say you are happy?
>>
>>29052885
>115 is obviously out of question -- that would literally be heaven on earth

(Incidentally, I did *not* as I was writing this have in mind that Africa, at a corresponding 85, is literally hell on earth.)
>>
>>29051596
Because I think it is untrue
>>
>>29053000
Honesty rewarded with trips.
>>
>>29051596
>believing in abrahamic (jew) meme religions

Top fucking kek
>>
>>29052867
Atheists believe in Chemical evolution. Primordial gasses and space dust somehow became single celled organisms which then underwent the typical evolution theory you know to become mammals and etc.

>>29052947
>is it really happiness? If it's based on religion? You wouldn't have it without faith. How can you say you are happy?
Why not? I don't really understand this train of thought.

I'm too tired to go into it. In the most basic r9k terms it promotes a society where men aren't selfish sociopaths and women aren't obnoxious roasties. Basically the framework for a benevolent stable civilization.
>>
File: photo.jpg (68 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
68 KB, 900x900
>>29051619
>you're

As if being an atheist improves it.
>>
>>29053121
>Why not? I don't really understand this train of thought.
Your happiness is based on your thoughts alone. For example if you had a bad life or got dealt a bad hand while being born you just ignore it and feel happy. And that makes no sense to me. It's ignoring reality.

Also yes, the idea is nice. But I'm afraid women who aren't obnoxious roasties don't exist. The women I know which are religious are fucking cunts only now they don't even feel bad. Because only the god can judge them.
>>
>>29051632
reddit circlejerk
>>
>>29052466
As if Europe isn't clinging to religion. Enjoy your caliphate in 30 years.
>>
>It's a boogeyman of hell episode
I was into it once. I was young and naive.

Because God is noob and heaven sucks if it exists. Only boring losers up there.
>>
>>29051596
daily reminder that christian theology is built on a house of straw and that there is no extra-biblical proof for the trinity
>>
>>29053194
>Your happiness is based on your thoughts alone. For example if you had a bad life or got dealt a bad hand while being born you just ignore it and feel happy. And that makes no sense to me. It's ignoring reality.
What does this have to do with Christianity?

Christianity has been severely watered down by Jewish media and pandering to the least common denominator. i.e. sinner's forgiveness without sinner's repentance.
>>
>>29053321
Not with christianity per say. Any religion.
>>
Christianity: This shit is all true
Source: My christianity book (bible)

lol
>>
>>29051596
>>Tfw I know if I die, I will go to heaven
Wow you've so missed the point. That right there is a perfect example of Christian pride, and something no one in the history of Christianity has taught. Being a Christian guarantees you nothing. In some ideologies, being a Christian makes it harder to get into Heaven, because you're smart enough to know the rules, now you're supposed to follow them. Once you start thinking you'll be fine and will be allowed into Heaven, you've already fucked up. You can never stop being critical of oneself. There is always something else you can give up or improve. Or maybe that's just a Catholic mindset.
>>
File: Omar_Sharif_002.jpg (145 KB, 781x1000) Image search: [Google]
Omar_Sharif_002.jpg
145 KB, 781x1000
>>29051596
>mfw r9k complains about worldly women all the time
>mfw they completely overlook christian women
>>
>>29053336
What does it have to do with religion?
>>
File: image.png (282 KB, 796x712) Image search: [Google]
image.png
282 KB, 796x712
>>29051596
That's pretty cool OP, good luck on the path to improving your life.

I was born into a Catholic family, actively went to church, and even attended a sort of after-school class at the church until I was about 14. I lost hope in God eventually and I refused to continue going. Haven't gone since, but I did go with a high school friend to his Christian church and it seemed pretty nice. Christians are almost always decent people, I can't say the same about Catholics (no rape implied, they're just fake and indifferent toward each other).

Sorry for venting
>>
>>29051632
Were you raped by a Buddhist or something?
>>
>>29051596
>Throwing pearls to swine
>>
>>29053379
That it's trying to offer you stories so you don't feel bad and ignore the shitty reality of the world. Hoping for something bigger(afterlife, heaven, whatever).

It's ignoring the reality.
>>
>>29053393
Catholics = Christians

Also depends on which parish/church you attend. Some parishes/churches just have bad people.
>>
>>29051596
>Why haven't you converted yet?
because there is no rhyme or reason to the world
it is all mindless savagery
this universe is mindless
>>
>>29053465
You might be getting your view on Christianity mostly through predatory televangelists. It's not just Alleluia praise jebus we go to magic rewardland nao. It doesn't ignore reality or the pain in this world. Why do you think a lot of charities and associations to fight awful shit is Christian based.
>>
File: MTE1ODA0OTcxNzA3MjM3OTAx.jpg (155 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
MTE1ODA0OTcxNzA3MjM3OTAx.jpg
155 KB, 1200x1200
>>29053502
>Catholics = Christians
>>
>>29053651
But these charities don't really fight shit. They just accept it. Like cucks.
>>
>>29053673
Protestantism literally destroyed the church. I'm an agnostic and even I realize this.
>>
>>29053741
>funding just causes they believe in
>sending themselves, doctors and aid to possibly dangerous situations just because they'll be able to save lives
>actually change the world and make a difference

they have bigger balls than you anon
>>
>>29053673
fuck luther
>>
op this board is a bunch of bitter virgins who refuse to join any of the clubs or organizations they know would make efforts to accept them. let them be euphoric in peace.
>>
>>29053793
>balls
>not dicks

you fucked up
>>
>>29053834
fucked up what? your arbitrary word choice preference I don't really care about? this is getting tedious and it seems like you just want the attention of an argument.
>>
>>29053885
lmao stay frustrated stupid faggot
>>
>>29053900
you're boring. I'm doing something else now.
>>
>>29053924
>weh wah waaah!

bitch
>>
>>29053793
Why should I want to save lives? Seriously. It makes no sense to care for anyone but myself.

Saving some niggers makes no difference.
>>
I don't believe in it desu matey mate
>>
>>29052466
http://www.statisticbrain.com/countries-with-the-highest-lowest-average-iq/
Eurofags are such a riot. Having a bunch of degenerate bible thumpers is better than a bunch of alloha snackbars,Ahmed.
>>
>>29053502
Christians are a separate denomination of the Catholic Church. They're way less strict.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1446951830927.jpg (56 KB, 528x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1446951830927.jpg
56 KB, 528x960
But are you a member of the True, Apolstolic Othodox Church, founded on the day of Pentecost and the haven of the Saints?

>http://journeytoorthodoxy.com/orthodox-faith/
>>
>>29053787
>>29053814
You will not fool me, Jews.
>>
>>29051596
I kniow OP is bait but
>christians on r9k
Isn't that a sin? Like slothfulness or whatever.
Shouldn't you be doing something productive like working or volunteering instead of wasting god's precious gift of life?
>>
how did you do it? i had my fedora phase when i was like 13 but i'm a pretty chill agnostic now and jealous of people who have faith and i wish i could believe in some higher power stuff but i just can't until i get personally touched by god or see someone perform miracles

i// like the conservatism and modesty and stuff but i just can't bring myself to believe in God so i dwell in nihilism and loneliness

please help me anon
>>
>>29054006
Christians is a catch all term for all followers of Christ. Catholism, protestants, and Orthodoxy are all under the umbrella term.
>>
>>29051596
>>Tfw I know if I die, I will go to heaven

Proof?
>>
>>29051632
>meme religion
All those white women saying they follow Buddhism have degraded it to a meme
>>
>>29053948
Those who only care for themselves will never live a happy life. This is a fact and a law of the universe.
>>
File: 1464934552083.jpg (29 KB, 599x698) Image search: [Google]
1464934552083.jpg
29 KB, 599x698
>>29054069
Read this

>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_and_Punishment
>>
>implying there is only 1 god

Humans have always worshiped multiple gods monotheism is a relatively new meme
>>
File: 231.jpg (44 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
231.jpg
44 KB, 600x620
>>29051596
Did a few years ago but im struggling to improve myself and leave behind the bad habits that are destroying me and my mental health. How can you ever be at peace knowing you will never be perfect and might go to hell ? I sometimes even forget to sleep when these thoughts linger into my head regardless if i have to go to work or university or im high or drugged . Time just passes and these things haunt me because eternity is stronger than the present .
>>
>>29051632
Buddhist "converts" are fucking retarded though

They only do it for social points
>>
>>29054100
How so? I really want to know where this fact comes from.
>>
>>29054069
I started by adopting more conservative/Christian morals and just eased myself into it
>>
>>29054154
Because doing so goes against love, the highest and greatest experience possible. You can't love others until you learn to love yourself. Similarly, when you learn to love yourself, you automatically learn to love others. Therefore, one who doesn't love others also doesn't love himself, and as such he won't live a happy life.

You think it's a coincidence that all the robots here that hate the world hate themselves too?
>>
>>29054247
>You can't love others until you learn to love yourself.
This old platitude.

I hate myself and I have a damn good reason to hate myself. Not being a Chad. Not even joking.
>>
Because it doesn't really answer anything in the end. Most modern Christians will call Genisis allegory because it's now so evidently untrue for example, while Athiests aren't necessarily right on religion they certainly have better answers for the question of where Humanity came from, Christians specifically have to reject their own scripture now on more than just this.
>>
>>29051596
>Why haven't you converted yet?
Because I don't need a restrictive support group to assure me about what's going to happen when I die.
>inb4 fedora
I'm a gnostic theist. Checkmate theists!
>>
>>29054273
>This old platitude.
It's true. I used to be like you. As I learned to love myself more, I effortlessly started to love others more too. Love is something you experience by giving it, not asking for it.

>I have a damn good reason to hate myself. Not being a Chad.
Then like many, you've failed the test. You've hypnotised yourself enough to assume that the material world is more important than intuitive feelings. There's a reason you didn't think like this as a child. Children aren't perfect at knowing love, but they're a hell of a lot better than a sick individual who hones in on material aspects and allows them to soak into his ego's wounds like vinegar.
>>
>>29054471
Material world is more important than anything. What you're saying is feel-good bullshit. And we both know it.
>>
>>29054492
>Material world is more important than anything.
>youngling detected
Most of the old folk would disagree with you, regardless of their socio-economic status. And I'm not the religitard you replied to.
>>
>>29054568
I'm 24, so I guess you're right. But really just because I'm young doesn't mean I'm wrong. What matters more if not the material things?
>>
>>29054492
You're wrong. Everything you like in your life is your ego's personal expression of love. Love is an intuitive feeling. The only thing that can cut it off even more is by building up your ego. As you hate things more in the world, your ego also grows simultaneously. You may hate yourself, but your ego has grown bigger than you know. Hating yourself is directly formed from the ego.

Feelings such as love are the sole reason you still have any will to live. Since feelings are pure intuition and outside the realm of logic, they're an objective experience. Factual, no matter what is causing the feeling. Therefore, the meaning of your existence depends entirely upon your feelings, though you don't realise this, you think the feelings or "reflection" of the world come to you, but this is completely false.
>>
>>29054670
I'm not sure I'm following you. Not sure where you're going with this.
>>
>>29054650
The real question is why things matter in the first place. To most people human connection is what matters most. Money cannot convey that, whereas relationships you form with other people (especially your progeny) can.
>>
>>29054722
If you have money, it's easier to form relationships. Actually many things completely out of your control decide if you can form relationships. None of this love shit.
>>
File: 1406868789198.jpg (2 MB, 1821x3111) Image search: [Google]
1406868789198.jpg
2 MB, 1821x3111
>>29051596
I converted two years ago after being a fedora all through high school and early adulthood.

Roman Catholic reporting in.
>>
>>29054758
>If you have money, it's easier to form relationships.
Relationships, sure, but meaningful ones? Not really. The playing field simply changes.
You go from
>is anyone interested in me
to
>is anyone interested in me or is she looking for a meal ticket / an arm candy
>>
>>29054719
I'll try make it easier for you. Life is made worth living by the feeling of love, which is expressed in many varying frequencies. Any form of liking something is a form of love. You like 4chan? That's a form of love. You like video games? That's a form of love.

When you were a child you loved most things. Ran around, played, every day was a new adventure. Even if you had a fucked up childhood, this is true for almost everyone. Now you've "grown up" your ego has badly grown whereby you've hypnotised yourself into believing that these ego wounds are justified in stopping you from loving many things in your life, bit by bit.

Love is the meaning of life. Everyone loves love. Love isn't something to debate or have an opinion on, because it IS the construct of meaning, and it resides outside of any logic. The experience of love is good by DEFINITION. And you're throwing those good experiences away over petty shit, like most people do. Since love is a fact, you're tricking yourself into believing your views, your thoughts - which are always objective - are more important than love, which is impossible. You've simply deceived yourself.
>>
>>29054858
>your thoughts - which are always objective
I meant to say always subjective.
>>
>>29054850
Everyone is looking for a meat ticket. I'm simply not good enough to be anything else.

>>29054858
Thanks for breaking it down. Few things I don't get.

>Since love is a fact, you're tricking yourself into believing your views, your thoughts - which are always objective - are more important than love, which is impossible.
Why is this true? Facts represent reality. They are more important than anything.

>And you're throwing those good experiences away over petty shit, like most people do.
What's petty to you? For example I hate gypsies for being thieving incestuous smelly cunts. Is that petty?
>>
File: Projecting.jpg (29 KB, 490x333) Image search: [Google]
Projecting.jpg
29 KB, 490x333
>>29054938
>Everyone is looking for a meat ticket.
Do everyone a favor and kys.
>>
>>29054971
People are looking to use others. To use them for their own good. You can call it projecting, but do you really think it isn't so?
>>
>>29051619
>>29051657
>>29051721
>>29051749
>>29051768
>>29051807
>>29051832
>>29051927
>>29051965
>>29051972
>>29051973
>>29052081
>>29052158

I don't understand when atheists attack the intelligence of theists. I can easily compile a list of thousands of profound theists thinkers who have shaped the world around us, in every academic field. I often times see atheists appropriating people into their philosophies when the people are not atheist at all. I go to church with doctors, surgeons, dentists, engineers, teachers, accountants, firemen, store clerks, security guards, laborers, craftsmen, stay at home moms, call center workers, chronically unemployed guy, receptionists, nurses and truck drivers. All of these people have very different levels of education and intelligence, but we are brought together in our beliefs and form a community of greater social capital. Like any other group such a atheists or agnostics there will be varying levels of intelligence among the people who adhere to that philosophy, not every atheist is an overweight neck beard obsessed with fedoras and anime; while not all theists are "brain dead" sheeple.
>>
>>29054985
You don't know what a meal ticket is, do you?
>a person or thing that is exploited as a source of regular income

Seriously, stop posting.
>>
>>29055037
I thought you meant in general using someone to your own advantage. Not specifically a meal ticket.
>>
>>29054938
>Why is this true? Facts represent reality. They are more important than anything.
When I say love is a fact, I mean an undeniable, universal fact. Far beyond even "2+2=4". Your life is governed by feelings. Everything you do is because of your feelings. Love feels good universally. It's impossible to have an opinion on it. You can't say "love is okay" or that you don't like love, because love by it's very definition is the purest, greatest thing one can experience and nothing can be compared to it.

Any feeling you have towards your view of the world is just that: constructed directly through your feelings, in which your direct experience of them is moulded through your ego (your thoughts and beliefs of the world).

>What's petty to you? For example I hate gypsies for being thieving incestuous smelly cunts. Is that petty?
Technically all hate is petty. The level I'm at now, I feel that most hate is petty, and that there are others which are much more difficult obstacles to overcome, like someone directly being a cunt to you. Literally hating gypsies is a waste of happiness. Worrying about all this chad shit is an extremely petty waste of happiness. Outward appearances are extremely deceiving to those lacking wisdom, my friend.
>>
File: IMAGINE_NO_RELIGION.jpg (120 KB, 790x745) Image search: [Google]
IMAGINE_NO_RELIGION.jpg
120 KB, 790x745
>>29055034
Atheists are autistic. We have already went over this.
>>
>>29055116
To add, your ego is literally a filter of pure, non-stop love of everything which you allow to happen by being too absorbed by your physical surroundings and consequently, simultaneously being more detached love in a direct proportion. The ego stops the love from coming in.
>>
>>29055182
>simultaneously being more detached love
More detached from*
>>
>>29051596
>Tfw I know if I die, I will go to heaven
>I know if I die, I will go to heaven
>if I die, I will go to heaven
>I know
>I know
Oh. You KNOW this. Ok then, good luck with that
>>
>>29055116
>Any feeling you have towards your view of the world is just that: constructed directly through your feelings, in which your direct experience of them is moulded through your ego (your thoughts and beliefs of the world).
I still don't think I understand what you mean. Say I hate something because of some fact. Like myself. Why does that not make sense?

>Worrying about all this chad shit is an extremely petty waste of happiness.
But it's unfair. So I should just ignore it so I don't waste my happiness? That seems fucking cucked.
>>
>>29055238
>I still don't think I understand what you mean. Say I hate something because of some fact. Like myself. Why does that not make sense?
The hate you feel is real. It's like I was saying, all feelings are objective and the most real sense of reality you can possibly experience. However, what I'm telling you is that hate is essentially the opposite of love, and anything you hate is caused by your creation of your belief (e.g. you hate yourself because you're genetically inferior to chad). The "because" part is the ego. You only hate that part of you because you chose to by building up your ego. As I said, the ego is a filter of love. It grabs love and squeezes it so that you can't access it in a particular area of life anymore.

You need to stop thinking about what I'm saying purely with your mind. You won't understand what I'm saying unless you compare it with the feeling of love. Not the idea of love, not the thought of it. Actual love. This is why you're suffering. You've lost touch with this feeling and you've chosen to live in a realm of rationalism.
>>
>>29055376
>You've lost touch with this feeling and you've chosen to live in a realm of rationalism.
That's exactly true. And that's how it should be. If you abbandon rationalism, you might as well not even be living. Sorry for wasting your time by asking questions. There is nothing for us to talk about.
>>
>>29055238
>But it's unfair. So I should just ignore it so I don't waste my happiness? That seems fucking cucked.
I agree that it seems unfair on the surface when I think about it rationally. But ultimately, it dones't matter at all. However, the more you focus on this belief, the stronger it will grow. And as such, since we can only focus on one thing at a time, you will focus less on love/being happy.

Once again, it doesn't matter if you're entirely happy (feeling love). Your feelings construct your reality.
>>
>>29055416
>And that's how it should be. If you abbandon rationalism, you might as well not even be living
So tell me, why was your life a thousand times better when you were a child, before your "rational" ego developed strongly?
>>
File: 1319491447974.jpg (4 KB, 132x146) Image search: [Google]
1319491447974.jpg
4 KB, 132x146
>>29054765
>jehovah's witnesses are saved
>catholics are not

this is what protestants actually believe
>>
>>29055444
If I stop focusing on unfairness then I am accepting it. Like a cuck.

>>29055476
As a kid I couldn't comprehend things. But going back to the way I was when I was a kid is a step back. Even if it's a step towards happiness. It's like being blindfolded.
>>
>>29054765
True and Genuine,

CWC would use "True and Honest" on things that were lies or things that no longer were true.
You gave me a sensible chuckle.
>>
>>29055034
How many times do i need to say this, atheists arent the only ones who critique Christianity and the abrahamic faiths.

"Without accounting for Jesus's hatred of the family one, very simply, cannot understand Christianity. Jesus did not preach a superficial doctrine of "universal love" but, rather, a hatred of selfishness so total that it attacked the selfish love of father and mother, and sister and brother. The "universalism" of Christianity is built upon a refutation of the "universalism" of the values of the common, patriarchal family. Pure, literal individual egoism is, in its implications, the negation of subordination to kinship logic, and "altruism" against the egoism of the family was the supreme individual egoism of Jesus as the negation of subordination to familial altruism. Christianity is a distinctive source of the implicit Western modern valuation that kin selective altruism is ultimately evil. Hatred of kin selective altruism is the foundation of the distinctly Christian form of altruism that systematically negates those kinship roots. Jesus's love of the stranger is founded upon "Christian" hatred of the family. It is from this attack on family values that a distinctively Christian life follows. The traditional negation of Christianity's roots in Jewish sociobiology is only an extension of this interior logic. The demolition of the family is the deepest, most profound human foundation of Jesus's moral innovation. Without this thorough attack on the family, the purity of Jesus's vision of the end slips back into Judaism's honoring of father and mother on the path to the end. But with this overcoming of the family, Jesus's vision was consummated and Christianity was born." -Mitchell Heisman
>>
>>29055559
>If I stop focusing on unfairness then I am accepting it. Like a cuck.
That's exactly your problem, you need to accept it, or at the very least, stop focusing on it. Your feelings - specifically, being happy - are more important.

>As a kid I couldn't comprehend things. But going back to the way I was when I was a kid is a step back. Even if it's a step towards happiness. It's like being blindfolded.
Comprehension isn't nearly as important as you think it is. As a kid, you comprehended little, yet loved much. Love isn't a step back, it's a step forward. It is above everything, including any rationalisations of the ego.

You know for a fact your life fucking sucks living this way, but your ego rationalises it, tells you it's better this way because it makes sense. But nothing makes more sense than love because it is the ultimate experience. And so I ask you: how is it better this way?
>>
>>29055706
>That's exactly your problem, you need to accept it, or at the very least, stop focusing on it. Your feelings - specifically, being happy - are more important.
Fairness and justice are more important.

>Comprehension isn't nearly as important as you think it is. As a kid, you comprehended little, yet loved much. Love isn't a step back, it's a step forward. It is above everything, including any rationalisations of the ego.
You're suggesting going back to a child-like state. If that isn't a step back, I don't know what is.

>And so I ask you: how is it better this way?
I'm not lying to myself or ignoring the truth. How could I look at myself knowing I ignore facts to feel better.
>>
>>29055746
You're far more unevolved than I thought. You've got a long journey ahead I'm afraid. Good luck.
>>
>>29055800
Says the guy who lives his life thinking like a child.
>>
>>29055826
Children are free of the indoctrination that is our poisonous society. They live life how it is supposed to be lived. The ego was designed simply for survival purposes. Therefore children with little egos are the ultimate thing to aspire back to. You need to start to understand that society is very, very backwards. With time, you will.
>>
>>29055902
>Children are free of the indoctrination that is our poisonous society.

On the contrary, children are exactly what are being produced in the modern world. Little boys and girls who can engage in safe games and hobbies to which even these activities are becoming increasingly protected as to avoid any hurt feelings.

>They live life how it is supposed to be lived.
How? With a lack of responsibility?

>The ego was designed simply for survival purposes. Therefore children with little egos are the ultimate thing to aspire back to.

Yes, lets go back to the Garden of Eden, where all is stagnant, and there is no passion, no growth, and no life.

>You need to start to understand that society is very, very backwards. With time, you will.
Id say, modern society is very in line with your ideals right now.
>>
I'm not a Christian anymore because of the whole, if you can't prove something exists, it fucking doesn't; part of my first bio class. It made me rethink everything I believed in previously.

That being said, I miss being able to believe in God who was totes my super strong and awesome friend who loved me and always looked out for my safety and wellbeing. I also miss the feeling of singing with my church friends and the sense of community there. Singing my heart out during retreats was the closest to what I imagine is, is enlightenment or enlightenment due to altitude sickness and not bring able to keep food down.

I think a lot of robots would benefit from Christianity if they just thought of God as a tulpa gf/bf/daddy/mommy and the Bible as rules to be a better person (just disregard the obviously retarded rules) and connected with others for a sense of community that doesn't exist for them otherwise. I miss the church picnics, group volunteering, bible study, snacks, bowling and movie nights, and dumb but fun games we would play. There was also a hell of a lot of socialization.

I just deal with the shit and horror filled wasteland head on. life takes a certain amount of self delusion, but I can't bring myself to do it.
>>
>>29056500
You engage in that delusion whenever you use language in order to describe a a fluid reality which no static symbols can completely represent.

We conceptualize reality in absolute binary forms because it is more efficient and is what contributed to our survival. But our concepts can never truthfully describe reality because its always changing.

Religion is metaphorical and symbolic.
>>
>>29053673
Pleb with 7 years of catholic education here. Catholics are Christians. Not only are they Christians, they believe that they are the first Christians (and only/most legitimate) because they trace their popedom back to Peter that time Jesus said the stuff and protestants cannot. The popedom, which was handed down to Peter from jeebus himself then passed to others; is their source of authority which can literally not be wrong and if he says something wrong, its because hes also a human.

So basically, all Catholics are Christians. All protestants are Christians. Protestants are not catholics.
>>
>christianity
Islam is the only real religion, the rest are created by Satan to deceive humans.
>>
>>29056852
Go to bed Mohammed. It's ramadan tomorrow, don't want to be late for mosque do you?
>>
>>29051632

It's because buddhism is a rationalists religion. The closest thing they have to a "heaven" is a spiritual singularity where we all become one being, but that has no barrier to entry. Really the religion is about practical things, taking care of your body, relaxing the mind, not getting caught up on material things. It's actually quite enhancing to the lifestyle while not trying to peddle any ideas or actions for your acceptance like other religions will with the heaven/hell scenario. I've seen a good amount of buddhists believe in no after life, while still swearing by buddhist principles. To me that makes it the most rational religion out there, its realistic.
>>
>>29051619
Guess Einstein, Descartes, Pascal and a host of other ultra-intelligent people who happen to believe in the possibility of a God were too retarded for you huh?
>>
>>29051596
I don't believe in God but because I am so traditionalist I think I will have to do the same thing despite what I really think. You can meet a good partner there, much more likely than you would find one outside of the church.
>>
File: sysiphus_feels.jpg (50 KB, 636x781) Image search: [Google]
sysiphus_feels.jpg
50 KB, 636x781
>tfw was christian
>turned agnostic
>tfw can't commit myself to believing with 100% that god exists because my mind won't let me believe that that is all there is
>tfw wish I could go back to Christianity
>tfw at a point were all I want to know is the truth
>tfw can't turn back now
>>
>>29057592
Einstein believed in his own form of christianity, similar to deism. Later renounced his religious views. Don't know as much about the other two, but most other geniuses were not devout.
>>
>>29058699
Most geniuses don't believe in Christianity for sure, but they do believe in a God of some sort.
>>
>>29051596
I can't deal with the social aspect of church because of autism.
>>
>>29051755
>What I'm trying to say is that stuff is way too complex to be made by chance.

Only for retards. If you really take some time to learn, things are actually very simple and messy. Especially human beings.
>>
>>29051687
>Believing in chances requires more faith than believing in an all-powerful being that somehow created himself
Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.