[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THE TRUTH
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckxLruRc0xA

Round earth believers absolutely undeniably blown out. Why do roundies get so butthurt when you refute their arguments?
>>
If the earth is a globe then why can nobody ever go to Antartica? Oh I know, because Antartica is the edge. They don't want us to find out.

Logic 1
Roundies 0
>>
>roundies being this scared of an argument
I fucking dare you all. I swear I will refute everything you say.
>>
>>29049241
>What is the effect of elevation above sea level and temperature?
>What are air currents and water currents?
Earth is not a uniform globe; we have elevated plateaus and mountains.

This also doesn't explain why the sun doesn't set during summer at the south pole...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc-WlTaG7WY
>>
Gonna bite this obvious bait, if the earth was flat, what the fuck is on the underside?
>>
>>29049495
>south pole
There is no south pole. Antarctica is the edge around the earth. You're not allowed to go to Antarctica so that video is probably the north pole where the sun always shines as it's in the middle and the sun works like a spotlight that hit the northpole 24/7 for that time of the year.

Try again.
>>
>>29049531
Nothing. The earth is the bottom. There is no end, just like you think there is no end to the universe. But the russians dug a hole over 12000m deep and that's the deepest we ever went.
>>
>>29049241
except it's tilted on an axis you dumb fuck
>>
Roundies being btfo as usual
>>
>>29049611
If you people are being serious I honestly hope you never leave the confines of mummy's basement
>>
>>29049624
Actually the earth is flat. There is no ''axis'.
>>
>>29049692
New way to collect (You)s on r9k I see
>>
>>29049685
It's funny how roundies always lose an argument like this. They always resort to the usual >hurr tinfoil hat! are u serious?!
Provide some actual arguments instead of just flaming and using ad hominem.
>>
>>29049241
>not even a minute into this video
>already fucked up at reasoning
god, how can a group of people be so stupid? Im not even going to argue, you are just way too retarded too even bother.
>>
How does gravity work then?
>>
>>29049748
And not a single argument was made that day.

>>29049760
There is a gravitational pull to the deep below.
>>
why is earth the only disc shaped celestial body when all the others are spherical?
>>
>>29049565
>I swear I will refute everything you say.
>Doesn't refute point about Antarctica and isle of Georgia being more elevated than regions in arctic circle and UK respectively.
Kek ok.

What about the fact that (if we look at the image here >>29049380) It doesn't take nearly as long to drive across one of Australia's lines of "lattitude" as it does to do so across one of Russia's?
How about the fact that I can't see the funny squiggly part on the "eastern" edge of Canada from the coast of Wales, but if I travel towards it, North America emerges over the horizon?
How about the fact that I actually see the sun go into the ground, rather than just rotate around the sky at all times of the year?
On that note, why do we see the sun rise almost directly from the east, and not from the north east at all times of the year? If it were moving in a circle, the sun would appear to rise from the North-East as it approached any area (pic related).

If that's not enough, you do realise you can actually visit Antarctica and the south pole, don't you? It's expensive, but not completely inaccessible, and certainly not illegal. You can even look out of the plane windows through the entire journey to Antarctica, just to make sure that you're going to the actual south pole in the location it would appear to be on an oblate spheroid earth model.
>>
>>29049838
Ugh, welcome to conspiracies 101. other ''celestial bodies'' except the sun are chemtrail.
>>
If the earth was actually flat, you would be able to see mount Everest from anywhere. However, the horizon disappears because it's a sphere.
>>
>>29049380
So, I get in a plane in Melbourne, and fly across to Tasmania, it doesn't matter where in Tasmania, anywhere, but that's the direction I am heading. Instead of stopping in Tasmania I just hold course and keep flying. Where do I end up?
>>
File: urwrong.png (497 KB, 594x596) Image search: [Google]
urwrong.png
497 KB, 594x596
>>29049934
To illustrate my point further, in red is the proposed flightpath, and in blue is an existing flight that you can take every day, from Darwin to Adelaide.
>>
Literally how does anyone travel from japan to the us. If the earth wasnt a large pear shaped ball, gravity wouldnt work the way it does. Please stop
>>
>>29049873
>What about the fact that (if we look at the image here >>29049380 (You)) It doesn't take nearly as long to drive across one of Australia's lines of "lattitude" as it does to do so across one of Russia's?
Because of different airflow.

>How about the fact that I can't see the funny squiggly part on the "eastern" edge of Canada from the coast of Wales, but if I travel towards it, North America emerges over the horizon?
Because of the air density. You can't see forever obviously. Also, miles and miles of waves add height.

>How about the fact that I actually see the sun go into the ground, rather than just rotate around the sky at all times of the year?
Because the earth is like an upside down plate. It gives off the illusion that the sun ''disappears''.

>On that note, why do we see the sun rise almost directly from the east, and not from the north east at all times of the year? If it were moving in a circle, the sun would appear to rise from the North-East as it approached any area (pic related).
The sun hasn't risen yet when it's north east. It's pretty much east just like you said. Also, the sun doesn't follow the exact same path every single day, otherwise there would only be one season.

>
If that's not enough, you do realise you can actually visit Antarctica and the south pole, don't you? It's expensive, but not completely inaccessible, and certainly not illegal. You can even look out of the plane windows through the entire journey to Antarctica, just to make sure that you're going to the actual south pole in the location it would appear to be on an oblate spheroid earth model.
They will only take you to the tip of it. But they will never take you to the edge, or as roundies call it, the south pole. There is only a north pole. That's why the compass always points north. There is no actual south, that's just something we made up like east and west.

>>29049894
You can't see forever. The air is very dense actually.
>>
>>29050081
"air is very dense"
Oh god please be bait
>>
>>29049791
that's because flat earth nonsense is too stupid to argue with.
>>
File: japantousa.png (440 KB, 766x600) Image search: [Google]
japantousa.png
440 KB, 766x600
>>29049934
You will never find anyone to fly you to the edge. It's all government funded. But there will be a see through wall at the end, videos of missiles bumping the wall have proven this for a fact.

>>29050061
It's not that hard, anon.
>>
>>29050134
hahahahaha, that is gold. My old man is pilot, perhaps I will ask him to take me on a ride over to the edge someday. Who is gonna stop us?
>>
>>29050112
What? It is very dense relative to the atmosphere outside of our model. Are you retarded?

>>29050114
And again, not a single argument. Fucking open up your mind for once instead of just denying everything you don't agree with. I was just like you once, but when you see what's actually going on it all makes sense.
>>
File: 1464969769284.jpg (43 KB, 360x403) Image search: [Google]
1464969769284.jpg
43 KB, 360x403
>>29049241
WHEN THE FUCK DID THIS SHIT BECOME A THING?
>>
>>29049380
If the Earth was flat then that means this picture shows the real size of each country and isn't just a problem with the projection like on globe maps

But that's obviously fucking retarded cause Australia is smaller than North America and people can easily test this themselves
>>
>>29050134
Feels good living in the UK and being a hublander
>>
>>29049791
>>29049241

>And not a single argument was made that day.

>Calculate moment of inertia of the earth modelled as a cylinder
>Calculate moment of inertia of the earth modelled as a sphere
>Measure moment of inertia of the earth
>Compare experiment to theory
>Find that sphere is closer to experiment than cylinder
>Conclude that earth is a sphere

It's that simple.
>>
>>29050134
still waiting for a valid response to >>29049977
proposed flight plans. It would be very easy for a private plane to make the flight in red.
>>
>>29049531
Mars, which is itself flat. Duh.
>>
>>29050255
I already answered your question >>29050134

>>29050213
Australia is bigger than you think, anon

>>29050220
Nice calculations tho. Can I get a source on that?

>>29050158
Prepare to crash.
>>
>>29050318
what am i crashing into?
>>
>>29050318
So you're just fucking with us, right? Nobody actually believes the earth is flat.

Regardless, here is a question. How do things disappear over the horizon if the earth is not a sphere?
>>
Anyone replying to this is even worse than the shitposter.

You are the cancer that is killing 4chan.
>>
>>29050361
>newfag isn't aware that 4chan has had cancer since long before he started lurking.
>>
>>29050361
Including yourself you dumb cunt
>>
>>29050318
>Australia is bigger than you think

What's stopping someone from driving from one side of Australia to the other logging their miles and then doing the same across Russia which according to that map is about the same size?

You know it's bullshit everyone knows it's bullshit the Earth is a globe, you're a troll
>>
>>29050399
>Calling others newfag
>When he can`t even understand that when the cancer started has nothing to do with people being the cancer
>>
>>29049241
if the earth is flat, how come the sun falls below the horizon?
>>
>>29049482
A flat circle is round too, airhead
>>
>>29049611
Are other planetary bodies of the same shape or spherical? If They are spherical, why is the earth the only one who is not, and if They are just flat cyrcles, how does this work out with the whole " having no unterscheiden" thing. Is the moon a flat circle as well?
>>
>>29050403
>What is sage
You aren't fooling anyone, reddit
>>
>>29050574
*having no underside. Sorry outocorrect
>>
>>29049241
But why does it matter? I'm just one of those "sheeple" that can do nothing about unholy secret clubs and Earth shapes. Seriously why does it matter if it's round or not
>>
>>29050650
because having a spooky goverment and underground cults, help give people an "antagonist" and someone tro blame for their shitty lives. It is better to beliver there is a conspiracy set against you, than to accept that bad luck and life may all be a random string of events, that all influence each other. It helps people sleep at night
>>
>>29049685
I've actually heard of the people outside of 4chan. Some are serious.
>>
>>29049241
Explain astronomy, another government plot?
>>
>>29050783
It's probably all up but the planet is spinning like a record. And so is the sky.
>>
Also, while you are at it, explain horizon lines
>>
File: kill_yourself.png (199 KB, 1920x975) Image search: [Google]
kill_yourself.png
199 KB, 1920x975
>>29050318
>Nice calculations tho. Can I get a source on that?

Sure, pic related.
>>
>>29051194
>appeal to authority
nice stockholm syndrome
>>
>>29051353
Where? You can calculate I_z (if you really really want to) by observing the precession of the equinoxes, it's just long and boring.
>>
>>29051353
>fallacy fallacy
Absolutely precious.
Refute the math or fuck off, boy.
>>
How would you explain earthquake shadow zones and plate tectonics on a flat earth?
>>
>>29051399
Reptilian holograms.
>>
>>29051443
everything comes together now. this is the last piece of the puzzle.
>>
>>29049241
if the earth is flat, why is it day in China when it's night in the US?
>>
>>29050458
CUZ TEH SUNZ REVOLV ARUND URTH DUMASS HAHAHAHA
>>
>>29049241
The Earth sphere is tilted on it's axis. If this youtuber is going to argue against the current science then he shouldn't have claimed the earths sphere get's equal sunlight on the poles due to a perfectly upright axis.

@ 0:17-0:20
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.