[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/hungry/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 5
File: not even hungry.png (94 KB, 1032x727) Image search: [Google]
not even hungry.png
94 KB, 1032x727
Who else /hungry/ here?

I live off government handouts and I haven't eaten in 3 days.

Anyone got any advice on how to live like this?
I won't be getting any more money for another week as well so i'll need some advice on how to mentally survive a week without food.
>>
lay down
dont move a lot
sleep a lot
if you get extremely hungry "eat" air
that's about what I did
>>
>>29046306
A lot of sleeping and meditation
I really hope you aren't eating anything besides rice, lentils, beans, and/or potatoes
>>
>>29046306
I'm pretty sure that if you look presentable, you could just go to a residential neighbourhood and offer helping around the house for food.

Hell, most people are probably willing to give you food for free if you look honest.
>>
go to a soup kitchen breh
>>
>>29046350
>around the house

Meaning, around the yard.
>>
>>29046322
>>29046335
I do this anyway, crippling depression is a bitch
Big fan of robot staple foods, but i have to eat meat otherwise i cant stop myself from telling other people that i dont

>>29046350
>>29046354
I live in Australia, people here arent too keen on random kids showing up looking to clean up the house and shit. Theyd probobly think im after money for Ice or something
Also
>respectable neighbourhood
>city
>>
>>29046402
go into the outback and set fire to some brush, then prod around for an iguana nest and find some tasty lizards to eat
>>
>>29046306
It's pretty easy to shoplift little snacks and shit from grocery stores or small frozen food packaging that's what I did when I got hungry af living with poor parents find those boxes with like 2 hot pockets in them and just shove that shit in your underwear. Those bags of beef jerky will work too basically just steal little snacks and shit for food and to keep you busy it's kind of fun too cuz you get a good adrenaline rush. Also try this if you have a car
>go to a Pizza Hut
>go inside and ask for a pizza to go
>sit at a booth
>someone will bring you the box of pizza and expect you to pay at the front or pay after you're done eating
>walk out with pizza
It's worked for me multiple times man
>>
Steal food. The worst outcome is going to jail and getting free food. You literally can't lose.
>>
>>29046402
>but i have to eat meat otherwise i cant stop myself from telling other people that i dont
Is it at least super cheap chicken?

Your city probably has places that hand out food for free
I see people giving away food to hobos all the time and if you asked they would give it to everyone
>>
get a job. use money from job to buy food. profit.
>>
>>29046306
Kill yourself you ethopian nigger
>>
>>29046435
I got arrested for shoplifting, i was a minor so i didnt get into too much trouble
Pizza places, and in general anywhere that sells hot food here asks you to play upfront, atleast everywhere ive been has

>>29046442
>steal food
>go to jail
>get food
>its win-win bruh
Yeah nevermind about the relentless ass massacre

>>29046468
Chicken, and mince based pastas usually
Ive come across a charity giving out free food for blindness for some weird reason, but that was ages ago

>>29046470
Einstein over here
>>
>>29046306
>I won't be getting any more money for another week as well so i'll need some advice on how to mentally survive a week without food.
Shoplifting.
>>
>THERES LITERALLY NOTHING I CAN DO, THERE'S NO WAY TO GET FOOD IN A FIRST WORLD COUNTRY
t. note found on corpse of deceased idiot
>>
>>29046493
>Ive come across a charity giving out free food for blindness for some weird reason, but that was ages ago
What city do you live in?
>>
>>29046524
>dying of starvation from a week without food
This cunt

I know how to get food, i'd just rather not steal it.
>>
>>29046547
Canberra
but like, the super rural parts where the closest shop is like a 2 hours walk away
>>
do you have any shame?
>go to a restaurant / place serving food
>ask to wash dishes for a while / help around for some food
or
>go to a marketplace close to closing hours
>pick up some vegetables from the floor (there are always some which are not rotten etc.)
>>
>>29046493
Damn that's rough it's awkward dine and dashing but I was hungry man I don't take pride it in
My friend also got probation for three months for stealing a pack of gummy worms he was 17 at the time shit was hilarious but orobabtion jail or just general awkwardness is better than starving to death
>>
>>29046550
How do you feel about eating food out of grocery store dumpsters? A nice half rotten apple, some moldy bread? Stealing sounds pretty fucking good right about now huh bro
>>
So what's your situation? Live alone or with parents? No neighbours nearby that you could ask to feed you?
Also 2 hours walk to shop is better than a week without food
I'll wire you money if you want
>>
>>29046564
>>29046564
http://firstpoint.org.au/
Call these nerds and ask for help
They know more than I do
If you don't think you can contact them maybe ask your doctor for help
They will all be able to help you much more than me
>>
>>29046306
Yes.

a) Food donation centres (Food banks)
b) Soup kitchens.
c) Take sanitary goods from public places, e.g washrooms/wc's etc. This will save you cash.
d) Staple diet.
e) Home cooking. No takeaways, coffee shops, no fast food etc.
f) Use second hand and charity shops/stores for goods.
g) Give-aways on the the internet ('Free Stuff') on shopping/trade sites you can use or resell.
h) Try light exercise to stimulate your body to use calories more efficiently.
i) A doctor can prescribe nutrition supplements if he thinks you have malnutrition.
>>
>>29046550
I was really fucking nervous my first time shoplifting like overly nervous but once I did it couple times i realized how easy it fucking was most employees don't even care
>>
>>29046597
thats rough, but i should probs say that I wont get jail time for stealing food, maybe a fine, but thats rent money i cant afford to lose.

>>29046616
Live alone, rural-ish area so no neighbours nearby really
Thats pretty generous, more kindness than ive ever seen on r9k

>>29046625
Ill look into it

>>29046628
a) the fuck is that
b) american thing
c) basic survival tips anyone should know
d) + e) no shit
f) N/A
g) thats actually not a bad idea
h) elaborate pls
i) doctors wont do shit unless i give them money i could be spending on food
>>
shameless self-bump for survival
>>
>>29046306
mturk
survey sites
donate plasma
>>
>>29046822
what is mturk
survey sites take money from you
plasma isnt a bad idea though
>>
>>29046703
a) Food banks (UK) are similar to soup kitchens (USA). Basically they are charities who give you 2/3 days worth of shopping goods, to take home with you. Supermarkets take unused food from their shelves and donations from customers, and then make up parcels to give away.

h) People on here are telling you to sleep to conserve energy which is understandable. Believe it or not, light aerobics with stretching, will, after a few weeks, make your body use the energy from food more efficiently, which means less waste. Check it for yourself.

There is also a suggestion of trapping or growing your own food - fishing, animal snares, home grown veg and so. That takes a bit of patience. I just don't know how far you want to go on, or if you have a garden. Even on that case, tasty veg' can be relatively easily cultivated indoors.

Using some of the most basic of basic ingredients, e.g rice, onions, apples etc with yeast. It's straightforward enough and very, very cheap to brew 2 gallons of really nice homemade wine.
>>
>>29046961
Oh nice
Ok yeah these are viable suggestions
I was looking into growing tomatos or something basic like that
>>
>>29046601
There's actually a lot of perfectly good food in dumpsters. I'm a wagecuck and I save a lot of money dumpster diving. Just look at our society. You know how insanely wasteful it is.
>>
>>29047164
These niggas talking about trapping animals and shit. Just make it a regular thing to peek into dumpsters. Do some research. A lot of people dumpster-dive and find good stuff. But if you're that much of an ewww gross! normie then maybe you deserve to starve.
>>
>>29047199
its not that im all ew gross
but rather
The closest shop is more than an hours walk away and im not going to walk that everyday on the empty promise of edible food when i could just have food at home
>>
>>29047264
Well you have to go to town sometimes, right? Just check the dumpsters when you do. And you're saying every time you go into town you walk?
>>
>>29047164
Most of the food you find in dumpsters is contaminated in one way or another. That's why it's in there in the first place.

Normally, shops should dispose of their food waste correctly by doing "in-house", because it's contaminated, or suffered cross-contamination. Very dangerous. Not even going to mention consuming food thrown away by another person.

If you want to take the risk of eating rat piss, which can slowly kill you, amongst other delicacies, please do so. Enjoy a broad spectrum of parasites and food related diseases that are difficult to remove and/or treat.
>>
>>29047331
I cant drive because I have an eye condition, so yeah I have to walk everywhere
>>
Just ask somebody for food. If you specify that you don't even want money, just something edible, and that you're literally starving, I'm sure that somebody will be willing to help you out.

I've actually helped somebody in that situation before. Lady was going around my neighborhood saying she needed money to feed her family. I gave her a sackful of apples because I had no money, and she was happy as fuck about that.
Alternatively, dumpster dive. Some places will toss out perfectly good food at the close of the day. The store I used to work at made its bread products fresh daily, so we tossed a lot of donuts and baguettes. You could probably find yourself some slightly-stale bread or some fast food if you looked. Or shit, just walk into a store, explain your situation, and flat-out ask if you could have a loaf of recently-expired bread or something.

You need to put yourself out there and ask people for food specifically.

Or fuck, if you're feeling willing to put your address up online, just ask somebody to order you a pizza. I'm sure somebody would do it. Hell, I would if I didn't have a negative bank balance myself.

Or fuck, just walk around and find something edible. Eat some cherries or plums from a tree or some shit. Find some dandelions and cook them. Something. You're desperate.
>>
Do you live near Queanbeyan?

How old are you?

if you are 25 or younger I will give you $100 to suck my cock

I can drive to your house. (I am old)
>>
>>29047354
>>29046306

Or hell, just go for a walk and ask somebody if they would be willing to buy you lunch. I've done this for somebody. People who have more than 5 bucks on them really don't consider it that big a deal to grab you a Big Mac or some fries, especially if they're going to get food for themselves from the same place, anyway.

Put yourself out there. You're starving. Ask for help. Don't be ashamed. You need to eat.
>>
Why can't you get a job?

Eat a dick robot
>>
>>29047354
I was living off breadstuffs that I got from a friends family members bakery, i was fine with that, just recently ran out is all.
Thanks for the advice

>>29047366
I dont live near Queanbeyan
Im 19
And while that offer is somewhat grandiose as to what I spend on groceries, im not gonna whore myself out this early into the game.

>>29047383
Homelessness is a big issue here and not many people give cash to street dwellers, I would if i had money, but if i did i wouldnt be here.
Also, McDonalds is disgusting and i dont want food poisioning again

>>29047389
Hereditary eye condition that makes it hard to see even while wearing glasses + uni student so no time to work
>>
>>29047429
Don't ask for cash, then! I specifically said to ask for food! That immediately elevates you above the homeless bums who just want money for ice in people's eyes. The entire basis of people's misgivings is often that they think you want more than just food. Ask for food!

Hell, you could even throw in "I have no more food left in my house" to elevate yourself above the homeless in their eyes! Manipulative? Sure. Kinda classist? Sure. Capable of securing you some grub? Maybe.

And if you want maximum calories for the least money without food poisoning, secure a rice cooker or a crockpot and buy bulk dry beans and rice at the next available opportunity. Or get a gas station fruit pie and a bottle of coke. Calories out the ass.
>>
>>29047475
I meant asking for things in general, sorry if that sounded somewhat ambiguous
People here arent the giving type
>>
>>29047340
No anon. No. This is you believing that no one would ever throw away perfectly good food. This is you being naive, thinking it must be somehow contaminated or thrown away for some other perfectly good reason. This is you believing in our society to make good decisions. I regularly eat from dumpsters and have never been sick from it.

Maybe it's because none of you have ever worked in the food industry/grocery stores. That's where I first learned how much perfectly good shit gets thrown out.
>>
>>29047498
Then don't even try asking. If you're starving badly enough, you might reconsider.

Or again, just look around the internet for somebody willing to order you a pizza. Pretty sure there's a subreddit for that.
>>
>>29047526
Thanks for that tip anon
>>
>>29047521
I understand what your saying. I've done a good stint in the food and beverage industry. Got free booze, beer, chocolate, crisps and all the stuff that could go into a hamper, when it was actually being thrown out.

The problem is the food is being thrown out for a reason, and as soon as it's put into a bin/dumpster/garbage can/ mixed alongside other products which should be stored under different temperature conditions and so on, it is contaminated.

Not even mentioning recalled products...
>>
File: 1463624765226.jpg (105 KB, 736x720) Image search: [Google]
1463624765226.jpg
105 KB, 736x720
>>29046628
>>29046961
I second the food bank idea. Look up the closest churches to you, call their office and ask if /when their food bank is open. These places exist for people in situations like yours.

Also, this person created a pdf guide to eating on $4 a day, it's worth checking out.
https://41aac1a9acbe9b97bcebc10e0dd7cb61ef11502c.googledrive.com/host/0B9c5aT4eSlRfMzVpbC0xemtkSlE/good-and-cheap.pdf
>>
>>29047697
>food is being thrown out for a good reason

No. And if it is, analyzing it carefully is enough to be able to tell you if it's alright or not. Avoiding meat is a good idea, though sometimes I will eat meat too if it seems alright. And not everything gets "mixed in" with other stuff. You're thinking about this is in a very black and white way when it really isn't like that. This isn't limited to food-related businesses either. People throw away perfectly good things every single day. It's horrible, really. OP, just do research. Sure it's easier to get people off of reddit to buy you pizza, but this is a "modern survival" skill I don't know where I would be without.
>>
>>29046306
You need to research what the cheapest supermarkets around are and shop there. I found an italian grocer that sells veggies at dirt cheap prices. I can buy enough fruit and vegetables for two weeks for literally $20, and it's not all potatoes and onions either, I get capsicums and broccolli.

Buy your cereals in bulk, WeetBix is by far the cheapest/simplest breakfast cereal but other cereals like Rice and Pasta should always be bought in bulk and on special. Rice lasts forever.

Meats are expensive but I still make sure I get some cheap beef, chicken and cold pork into me each week. Again research the cheapest places, I don't get my meat at the same place I get my veggies for example.

Also, the best/scariest way to budget is to work out how much welfare money you get PER DAY. After rent I have just $16 a day left over. Phone is $1 a day, Internet is $1 a day, Fuel/Bus tickets end up being $3 a day. like.. it doesn't go far. You need to live off less than $5 of food a day pretty much.

Learning to live with starvation is not the fucking answer. You need to beg your friends for food right now.
>>
>>29047697
Fuck off man. Dumpster diving is awesome and you can get heaps of good food for nothing. Supermarkets throw out literal tons of perfectly good food every month.
>>
>>29046306
Bruh I'm still waiting on the ebt to be turned on
>>
A big beggy but would any of you guys be willing to buy me a pizza?
All the talk about it got me super hyped
>>
I'm a little hungry right now, but I could lose 25 lbs or so tbhee, so even an eating disorder would be "good" for me. Too bad I love food and cooking too much to ever have one not related to overeating.
>>
>>29047827
A lot of times yes, the stuff in there is not stuff you would want to eat, and sometimes yes, it is touching other perfectly good food making it unusable. But that's far from all that's in there. Do it regularly enough and you'll see.
>>
File: pringles_can_s.jpg (26 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
pringles_can_s.jpg
26 KB, 300x450
What is the most desperate thing you guys have ever done in relation to food?

I am mostly curious because I am obese and I do things that would be considered pathetic and I wonder if poorbros do similar things.

Probably my 'lowest moment' was one night when I was hungry as fuck but only had vegetables and rice in the house. I didn't want to eat them so I went through my neighbors garbage and found an empty pringles can. I went back to my apartment and taped the empty can to my nose so that my nose was inside the can and I could have the smell of pringles whilst I ate an entire bag of uncooked rice.

The worst part? I forgot to close the curtains and my neighbor saw me with the pringles can sticking out of my face. I tried to salvage my dignity by sticking my head out the window and shouting 'I-I-I-I-AM PRINGLES-NOCHIO, I LIED ABOUT HOW MUCH I ATE TODAY!'. she basically ran away. Hopefully she never noticed it was her pringles can.
>>
>>29048393
You could try creating a new thread on this topic.

The most utterly despicable thing I have ever done in relation to food is, desu, so despicable I shouldn't actually admit it to anybody except a high priest.

Even then, I know I will get shunned because of what I did. No hail mary's, or amount of praying will save my soul. One way ticket to hell, that's me.
>>
OP is a faggot.
There are so many ways you can get food.
Steal it.
Dumpster dive (google how to).
Soup kitchen.
OP doesn't want help he just wants attention; either that or he really is just too autistic to try any of these, in which case he deserves to starve for a week.
>>
>>29048393
I think I've eaten molded bread I cut off the mold first and the back half of a half eaten hot dog
>>
>>29048478
or you could read the thread
>>
>>29048513
Ever served it to a customer instead of eating it? (cough)
>>
>>29048539
I don't get your joke
>>
For now try dumpster diving or food banks, if worst comes to worst just beg someone you know or on reddit.

In the future try and reduce on meat (if you really have try and limit it to cheap fish), stock up on oats/rice and shit and bulk buy food so you can freeze it for later. Oats are great for value, keep you full for a while, also cheap and easy to prepare.
>>
>>29046306
I would lurk on college campus to freebie a meal
>>
>>29048514
Where the fuck are you in Canberra that's 2 hours away from a shop? Do you just mean 'in the ACT'?
Also, there are centrelink one off payments you can get in emergencies. There are soup kitchens. People WILL buy you food if you ask for food. I've bought plenty of homeless Canberrans food and I've seen other people do it also.
Another option is a church. They always have food banks that people donate to specifically to help people like you. There's basically no way you can starve here.
Also, you're probably being incredibly inefficient in how you're purchasing your food. If you buy smart and in bulk, you can save a huge amount of money.
>>
are you going to university? there should be a food bank there.

fuck, there was one at mine, and i studied at a small-ass college
>>
>>29048736
Stop yelling at OP. He needs help. And reddit pizza.
>>
>>29048736
Just in the ACT
And this is walking

Im only 18 i have no idea how to survive on my own
Explain this buy in bulk shit, everyone is saying it but nobody is offering explanations

>>29048768
Its more like vocational education, i just say uni as its easier, theres no food bank there
>>
>>29048825
Buying in bulk is just one way you can make each dollar go further for food. Just about everywhere, if you purchase an item in a larger quantity, the price per kg/litre will be cheaper. e.g. at the woolworths down the road, I can buy 500g of chicken schnitzels for $7 or 1kg for $10.
There are butchers who sell big packs of meat for VERY cheap per kg - especially if it's a cut they have too much stock of and need to get rid of it. To buy in REAL bulk and save a lot you need a large freezer, however. But you can buy in relative bulk and still save.
Try buying larger quantities at a place like ALDI and some things at costco are pretty cheap in bulk (a lot of stuff at costco is just a meme though and more expensive and worse than elsewhere).

There's plenty of other strategies for saving money on food. If you're interested and will actually apply yourself I'll go into more detail.
>>
>>29046306
Get a job and work, that's how everyone else eats
>>
>>29048976
OP do you have paypal?
>>
>>29048954
Oh yeah i always buy larger quantities than ill actually need, freeze that shit, usually lasts me a while
>>29048976
or you could read the thread and not be a knuckle dragging neanderthal

>>29049026
yeah the email i use is [email protected] (made it when i was young, its cringey deal with it, everyone has cringey emails)
>>
> Go to store
Take 2 candy bars to the bathroom
> Shove them up pooper
> If they search you they won't find anything
>>
>>29049048
Is that your contact email too?
>>
>>29046493
You won't be in jail long for petty thievery
>>
>>29049071
yeah it is

originali
>>
>>29049048
Just emailed you from Perth
>>
>>29049048
So you're on youth allowance? What's that per fortnight now? Do you have to pay rent?

If I make cheap pasta meals with mince, I can have 3 decent size meals a day for about $8.10. That's with ~200g of meat per meal. If you only eat meat once a day or less, you can get by and fulfill your macronutrional requirements on basically no money.

How are you running out of cash? What are you spending it on? A LOT of poor people just bleed money constantly on dumb shit they don't need or over-spending on essentials.

You have to think hard about where your money is going and come up with ways to cut your spending.
>>
>>29046306
Hey bro, when you go to the super market buy yourself a 10KG bag of Black and Gold white rice. You will be fed just off of that for at least a week probably two. Buy yourself shitty sausages if you need to eat meat.

I'm not sure about ACT but I live in Sydney and I have a wholesale meats place and I can get 5KG of schnitzel for like $40.

I can feed myself off probably $30 a week when you average it out, maybe even less if I take a week off from training. Use your money wisely matey
>>
>>29049097
Check ur email
>>
File: image.jpg (140 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140 KB, 1000x600
Gradecuck gradecuck can't you see
The Jew will never let you be free
>>
>>29049187
440 a fortnight
140 a week for rent
80 for internet (need it for study)
other bills etc.
I basically get 100 ish left over every month for food and stuff, but because utilities came this month i got really fucked over

I cant take an advance from centerlink either because they dont let you pay back a lump sum, instead they just take shiloads out of your payments, which isnt unreasonable unless every dollar counts like it does for me.

I didnt get any leftover money this month for food, but i usually eat 500g of meat a week and i buy that in big 1kg loads
>>
Thanks to the anon named Kris
Thanks so much
>>
>>29049384
Don't worry about it
Have a good week famalam
>>
File: 1465051031614.jpg (51 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
1465051031614.jpg
51 KB, 1000x600
>>29049306
I have crafted a superior version.
I have attached it to this post.
>>
>>29049312
Hmm, $440, they've increased it since I was on it years ago. Youth allowance is fucking pathetic though, so I feel your pain.

That's $80 a month for internet? You're renting a room and sharing utilities and internet with others, I assume?

Also, what are you studying?

You need to plan in advance for these kind of situations. Cut your meat intake a bit and get protein from a cheaper source for X% of your meals so you can save a bit each month. I'm certain if you eat really frugally you can do it on less than $100 a month in Canberra.
Maybe start regularly going to a church food bank etc to get some food to save a bit more.

Anyway I'm glad someone helped you out. Good luck, my dude.
>>
>>29049514
80 a month yea

im studying vidya game shit

i only eat 1 meal a day, i can go without some days, thats no issue. I usually spend anywhere between 30 and 60 on food a month
>>
>>29049655
Fuck that's sad man. You don't have parents or relatives who can help?
>>
Collect any kind of shit that you can go and sell for money. Scrap metal, though this one doesn't pay well at all, bottles if they collect them for recycling in your area in exchange for money, etc. It really depends on your area.

Also sell any stuff you don't need. Keep only the things absolutely necessary for survival.
>>
>>29049707
My mother has been helping, but shes at the point where she cant anymore
>>
>>29049787
Damn. Glad you got help anyway, go out and get yourself a meal
>>
>>29049984
Itll have to wait until tomorrow
its 1:30ish atm

But thanks anyway man
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.