[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did How I Met Your Mother ruin our generation? Never have pop-culture
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
Did How I Met Your Mother ruin our generation?
Never have pop-culture been so toxic to the public as when TV-shows are pushing the "sex is everything" meme on us.
>>
>>28960308
I enjoy the show, but sex and relationships is literally all the show's about and it's fucking annoying. Barney is the only reason the show's good, though ironically he's the personification of that shit.
>>
>>28960308
>he thinks How I Met Your Mother started pushing the "sex is everything" meme

You're going to have to go back to the 1960s at least to find the real culprit. Hell, I'd argue that it started in the 1890s.
>>
Media in general has ruined our generation
Tinder
Movies
Others apps ect

It's funny. These people know the empty shallow sex sucks. They know they rather be in relationships. Yet they still indulge in this self destructive manner only to be more jaded as they get older.
>>
>>28960308
what? how can you say that, how i met your mother was great.
>>
Try losing weight and practicing talking to girls instead of blaming your unhappiness on a fucking teevee show.
>>
>>28960308

But that actor has never even had sex with a woman.
>>
Absolutely not.

Sex and the City started the whole "I want to be a whore" fad.
>>
>>28960391
It basically displays all males and females very bad stereotypes.
Guys are trying to get laid and the more girls they have sex with the cooler they are, and girls are only trying to have sex with the alpha male and the more betas the deny the cooler they are.
The dating culture that it's showing is also bad, guys are paying for the girls drink and food, girls throws drinks at the guy's face etc.
The show is shaping the mindset of young people, and it's only for the worse.
>>
>>28960391
I enjoyed it a lot, but imo Barney, Marshall, and at times Robin, made the show good. Ted and Lily were the worst characters. Barneys character development was good, especially with all the dad stuff etc, Marshall was just the best, and Robin had some good arcs too
>>
don't be stupid. Haven't you watched friends? it's basically the same thing and it came out in the 90s
>>
>>28960640
Ye it was just an example, all of that sex obsessed crap is the reason we have Chads and Stacys today.
>>
>>28960308
If anything it's a manifestation of the "sex is everything" meme, and probably a perpetuation of it. It's definitely not what started it, though.
>>
>>28960688
dude the only reason your complaining about other people having sex is because you can't get any yourself. Get a grip will ya
>>
>>28960308
Everything american since the 90s has been pure brainwashing sitcom shit, orchestrated by jews who want to instill degenerate mindset into the goyim so they stay bluepilled and fucking stupid so they won't even have to hide anymore
>>
>>28960579
lily was the best
>>
>>28960824
What about Seinfeld?
>>
>>28960308
Sex has been a meme since civilization began, you might even say it's the most viral meme ever.

All the obviously sexual pop culture of the last century is just humanity becoming slightly more open about it, but sex has always been our obsession. Nothing has changed.
>>
>>28961529
same thing. it's depraved as fuck, i dropped it after one of the first episodes where they kept making fun of killing cats, psychopath grooming
>>
>>28961479
can you explain how? she was a total bitch and didn't have any important storylines of her own, did she?
>>
>>28960391
Are you fucking kidding? The ending was shit and the show totally devolved sometime between season 3 and season 5.

>>28960308
Nah. I would say Tinder and other such apps affected society more than HIMYM.
>>
How the fuck are you guys forgetting Friends?
>>
>>28960752
He's complaining because nobody seems to want a relationship anymore. It's all about fucking and chucking.
>>
>>28960308
>it's a Ted dresses like shit episode
>>
>thinking that a single TV show has destroyed "this" generation
Keep trying famalamadingdong
>>
>>28962266
hey its the guy from the new top gear
>>
With that guy in it should have been called " How I Met Your Father"
>>
I have never seen an episode of How I Met Your Mother and I am extremely disappointed that sex is not a part of my life.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.