[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think happens after you die? srs replies only pls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 18
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 440x291) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 440x291
What do you think happens after you die? srs replies only pls
>>
>>28900766
If you memed hard enough you will live eternally with lord Kek(Memes be upon him).
>>
>>28900766
nothing. you die. remember what there was before you lived? well that's the rest of eternity when you die.
>>
Forever sleep. That's it. You didn't exist before you were spermed into a vagina, you sure as hell won't exist anymore after death.
>>
>>28900766
A lot of things happen. Just not to you. For you, it is all over.
>>
>>28900766
It's like falling asleep and dreaming until your brain completely stops working. It's a period of rest for people who have gotten sick/old/mentally ill etc. until science and technology has advanced to the point that humans gain immortality and the ability to bring people back to life.
>>
>>28900802
Would you like to exist after death though?
>>
>>28900831
Exist where? Your chosen afterlife?
>>
>>28900766
What kind of question is this? A lot of things. Your every organ decomposes in a variety of manners and tempos. Your body is consumed. Companies and offices alter their records of you. Death certificates are issued. You're counted into the national death statistics, contributing to a LOT of databases. Your family grieves. You take a cementery lot or are cremated, affecting the atmosphere's composition.
>>
>>28900847
Yeah, I feel it's rather comforting to believe that there's something after you die.
>>
>>28900819
Even if humans in the far future could bring you back to life using one of your decomposed cells or something, they wouldn't be able to restore your brain state at time of death. It'd just be a clone of you, without your memories.
>>
>>28900766

As long as you don't exist as a being that can comprehend time, time will pass until you are

I'm not so sure about how it would work but this one makes the most sense to me

>tfw contemplating suicide so I can make amends for every thing I fucked up

>and it wont matter because I will exist again, but not to the people I made feel so bad
>>
>>28900812
This makes no sense. OP *is* his body. There is nothing beside the body, and the body can hardly be destroyed, it just decomposes.
>>
>>28900766
We lose consciousness.
We fade to black and thats it.
>>
everybody has their own theory as to what happens after we die. Which just means that nobody has a clue. Personally i think that nothing happens. We die our bodys rott etc
>>
>>28900887
It's possible a supercomputer can run a simulation of the universe up until the point of your death and do what you say can't be done. But it's impossible to predict exactly how it will happen.
>>
>>28900923
>our body

This myth seriously needs to die. You don't 'have' the body, you ARE it.
>>
>>28900802
Fuck man, Why can't Heaven and God exist? Death seems so frightening. I don't want to die.
>>
>>28900831
What if you exist but it's just blackness constantly? No movement, no senses...just aware of the darkness forever.
>>
>>28900859
>tfw dr shekelstein takes your organs
>>
>>28900946
One life and still a virgin.
>>
>>28900953
What if 'eternal blackness' is just your modern reimagination of a hot tar pit in hell?
>>
>>28900946
God created the universe, Heaven is the destructive and violent universe made perfect and peaceful through science and technology
>>
>>28900997
>Heaven is the destructive and violent universe made perfect and peaceful through science and technology

Enjoy your 'fedora' 'euphoria' replies, but this is actually very nicely put.
>>
>>28900997
>the destructive and violent universe made perfect and peaceful through science and technology

You and I will be dead long before this is achieved
>>
File: 1443691337303.jpg (327 KB, 1582x1335) Image search: [Google]
1443691337303.jpg
327 KB, 1582x1335
>>28900793
>>28900802
>>28900916
>>28900920
>>28900928
Source?

>>28900766
Your soul gets reconnected with the divine essence that created this universe if you're a good person. Aka God in heaven
>>
>>28901061
>Your soul gets reconnected with the divine essence that created this universe if you're a good person. Aka God in heaven

What if you weren't a good person?
>>
>>28901079
You can't go to heaven and spend eternity without God. Not sure what that means. Probably just death
>>
>>28900766
It's like before you were born.
>>
>>28900766
Hmm, I've "died" and been brought back to life, I have then dreamt about the experience.

What happens is simple. You feel a horrible amount of pain (in my case), then you... Just let go. You let go and you feel an incredible uplifting rush of love and comfort, a white light speeds by you and all around you. And then there's silence, and I don't remember much more.
>>
File: 1434511161250.gif (1 MB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1434511161250.gif
1 MB, 245x245
>>28901120
>Just let go. You let go
>>
>>28901061
plz convince me that there is a god, im so fucking scared of dying pl0x christian bro :(
>>
File: turtledown.jpg (60 KB, 512x640) Image search: [Google]
turtledown.jpg
60 KB, 512x640
Just more turtles out there man
>>
File: ltr.png (2 MB, 1084x1141) Image search: [Google]
ltr.png
2 MB, 1084x1141
>>28901158
First cause. Where else would the universe come from?
>>
>>28901193

Conventional causality ceases to apply at the quantum level.
>>
>>28901229
Sorry non-native speaker here. Please elaborate
>>
>>28901251
There is no cause->effect.
>>
>>28901251
I appealed to quantum physics as a generic appeal to ignorance we don't understand quantum->I'm right.
>>
>>28901259
That's about as informative and convincing as "god works in mysterious ways"
>>
>>28901259
What makes you think that?
inoriginal
>>
You decompose. The complex, delicate working parts of your brain that allow you to think, act, and feel rot away into a million pieces of nothing. The part of your brain that holds your memories, mannerisms, and personalities melts away forever. All of you is only you because of the precise organization of your brain cells and it's now gone. There's no way to put it back together. It's gone into a big rotting soup, picked apart and feasted on by trillions of bacteria and thousands of maggots. You're scattered into nothing forever.
>>
I want to believe.

I really do.

I`ve read his books. Sounds like made-up bullshit but I want to believe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lzwle9gjC2E&list=PLltRhdKhcfda5JzyglmbEqDM2cpBqawun
>>
>>28901251

Basically at really small scales the normal rules and laws of physics don't completely apply, at this tiny scale, sometimes a cause can happen after the thing it caused already happened.
Sometimes in this miniscule scale particles pop into existence from nowhere, and once they dissipate, the extra energy they had is gone again.

Now, assuming the rough idea of the big bang theory is correct, the whole universe was once that small, and could have just popped into existence.

If course, a good might have created this elaborate system, or some interdimensional space slug doing his middle school dimensionology experiment.
>>
>>28901279

Things that happen at a quantum scale might explain things people explain with a deity, and if the choice is between an explanation based on observation, and one based on faith and hallucinations, I'd rather believe the former.
>>
>>28901299
>sometimes a cause can happen after the thing it caused already happened

I've read enoguh for my bullshit detector to be able to tell that that's a gross oversimplification/abuse of an in reality pretty mundane finding.
>>
>>28901299
>at this tiny scale, sometimes a cause can happen after the thing it caused already happened
Source? That's physically impossible
>>
>>28901061
>Your soul gets reconnected with the divine essence that created this universe if you're a good person. Aka God in heaven

Source?
>>
>>28901329

I dropped out after a few years of University physics, so I don't claim omniscience. I'm just giving pointers for people to research themselves.

Also the guy who asked me to elaborate said he's a non native speaker so I kept it simple-ish.
>>
>>28901299
>>28901329
In other words, it's passably 'true', but for only some highly specific, microscale senses of 'thing', 'cause', 'effect', and 'after', which defined properly make this claim a whole lot less sensationalistic. You're just committing an equivocation.
>>
>>28900766
I have serious question to you:

Why would you want to know ?
>>
>>28901351
Christ's resurrection

>>28901361
But you claim enough expertise to dismiss the other side. Fix yourself some catholic apologists
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7HDZRMhQas
>>
>>28901350
http://m.phys.org/news/2012-10-quantum-causal.html

Pop science article one Google search away.
>>
>>28901384

I never dismissed anything afaik. Just pointing out that maybe "first cause" isn't as sound an argument for God as you might think.
>>
>>28901386
>if we believe that quantum mechanics governs all phenomena, it is natural to expect that the order of events could also be indefinite, similarly to the location of a particle or its velocity

So it's basically an assumption, 'uh that's how causality would work if we assumed that it works the same as location/whatever'?
>>
>>28901411
>Just pointing out that maybe "first cause" isn't as sound an argument for God as you might think.
Fair point desu. Never heard of this before. Will look into it.
>>
>>28900766
The same thing that was happening before you were born
>>
>>28901384
>Christ's resurrection

Source?
>>
>>28901492
{{cite bible|edition=...
>>
>>28901442

Yes. Physics often starts out with either looking at phenomena and then making an assumption, or looking at existing theories, combining them and calculating around, and then making an assumption about the new formula you created.
>>
>>28900766
Serious reply: I do believe there is an afterlife and that it is a state similar to dreaming. I don't necessarily think I will "meet" my friends there, but just as they can be present in dreams, they can be present there.

Further, I'm an agnostic theist and I believe in the Christian variant of the Abrahamic a God, namely that Jesus and God (and the Holy Spirit) are the gatekeepers of this afterlife. I don't believe in hell though, and it's quite clearly implied that as long as you regret your sins, God forgives you.
>>
>>28901503
>muh holy book said so!

Top fucking kek
>>
>>28901512
>looking at phenomena and then making an assumption, or looking at existing theories, combining them and calculating around, and then making an assumption about the new formula you created

Okay. So when you move to the point of actually, you know, proving it, get back to me.
>>
>>28901492
We have like 500 testimonies, plus the empty grave, plus prophecies from 800 years before his birth
>>
>>28901455

Good, don't believe any word some random anon says. If I'm lucky you'll end up having my opinion after doing you own research.
>>
>>28901289
This is the only post in the thread based on actual reasoning and not feelings or wishful thinking.
>>
idk science can't quite explain qualia or subjectivity and I don't know where it goes when turned off permanently
>>
>>28901532
Sorry there are too many people replying on other's points what is your opinion?
>>
>>28901527

Well... Same goes to theists then.
>>
>>28901529
Real christians wouldn't browse r9k or 4chan, fuck off you insufferable """"""""""christ"""""""""fag
>>
>>28901538
As the author of >>28900859 which both covers more outcomes than >>28901289 and lacks its pretentious, non-sequitur nihilisic connotations ('it's all so bleak waah'), I take significant offence to this.
>>
>>28901550

My opinion is that there isn't sufficient evidence for me to base my life around religion, especially not one particular religion.

Additionally I think it's weird that most miracles and answered prayers can't be proven to work, yet are still claimed to.
>>
>>28901567
Not to mention that >>28901289 is flat wrong about the impossibility to artificially reconstruct a brain analogous to yours in mine in the future.
>>
>>28901567
When did I say it's bleak? You're projecting, I don't think it's bleak whatsoever. It makes life all that more special and worth having. I'm sorry you project philosophical ideologies onto hard facts. Also, I didn't go into more because op's thread is >what happens to you when you die not >what happens to your friends, family, and the earth when you die.

>>28901574
When did I say that that was impossible? I was just saying what happens to your specific brain if you were to die right at this moment.
>>
>>28900766
>What do you think happens after you die?

You get reincarnated.

There is only one being on this planet, and it is you. We are all that same being. You must live the life of every person who has ever existed, jumping backwards and forwards in time. You will interacting with yourself, over and over again and again. Fighting, talking, fucking, smiling...with yourself.

We are all one.
>>
>>28901562
>lashing out when someone challenges your worldview
cute

>>28901573
>My opinion is that there isn't sufficient evidence for me to base my life around religion, especially not one particular religion.
How so? Which evidence would you like?

>Additionally I think it's weird that most miracles and answered prayers can't be proven to work, yet are still claimed to.
How so?
>>
>>28901650
It's true though, real christians simply would stay away from 4chan. It's a very sinful place and you know that is against christian doctrine to look and read the stuff posted on here, so all i have to do is conclude you're simply a hypocrite
>>
>>28901631
>When did I say it's bleak?

You literally said that the maggots (maggots!) are going to feast (fucking feast!), then you deny it was an edgy post?

Then you also deny that you said 'There's no way to put it back together.'.

My recommendation is that you leave the thread.
>>
>>28901664
No
orginal
>>
>>28901696
>false idol picture
>no argument

lel
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
>>28901671
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFJrow7yaec

That's actually what happens. That's one of the key parts of the cycle of death. There's nothing 'edgy' about what actually happens every day to virtually everyone who's ever lived.
>>
>>28901713
Catholic

>no argument
What argument? Why would it be forbidden to browse 4chan as a Christian? How delusional about religion are you?
>>
>>28901650

To be quite honest is like God to show himself to the world, or make his works more evident.

Concerning the miracles, I have seen no (trustable) report if something physically impossible happen and it being evident which of the billions of different religions is true.
All "miracles" I've heard about /seen /read about so far could be either just as well be explained with natural phenomena or were obviously faked, as in photoshopped or similar.

It's the similar with things like Bigfoot and ufos, how come all video footage showing them is shaky, grainy and overall shit quality, or just very obviously fake?
>>
>>28901726
>Catholic

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh wow, didn't your god man say that fags and atheists go to heaven to? You guys are more degenerate than muslim goat fuckers, kek
>>
I read that your brain is active for a few minutes after you die
Maybe you dream during that time
>>
>>28901720
'Face SWELLS, you ROT, your skin gets SLIMY and DISTENDED, you are INFESTED, you spread DISEASE, the ODOUR is OFFENSIVE, your once mobile face is now RIGID.'
>'All facts tho, not trying hard to impress you at all.'

Okay, kid. Maybe one day you'll get bored and move on to discussing about what happens after death than to try to impress strangers.
>>
>>28901760
>I read that your brain is active for a few minutes after you die

That's impossible by definition. If you brain is active, you're not dead.
>>
If you memed hard enough you go to meme heaven, otherwise nothing.
>>
File: 1459860728976.jpg (581 KB, 1948x3059) Image search: [Google]
1459860728976.jpg
581 KB, 1948x3059
>>28901739
>God to show himself to the world
But then people wouldn't worship God out of love but out of fear.

>or make his works more evident
Aren't they?

>if something physically impossible happen
Glad you raised that point. Vid related can explain it better than I ever could
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJu0oYvi-cY

>All "miracles" I've heard about /seen /read about so far could be either just as well be explained with natural phenomena or were obviously faked
See your first point about God revealing himself. What do you make out of miracle healings? Not as in evangelical vodoo guys on tv praying the cancer away but real recovery without physical explanation. There are proven records of that no?

>>28901751
Of course homosexuals can go to heaven if they don't indulge in homosexual acts. Atheists is a bit more difficult but there is hope
>>
>>28901631
>Also, I didn't go into more because op's thread is >what happens to you when you die not >what happens to your friends, family, and the earth when you die.

Also, that's not true. 'What happens after you die' just denotes the point at time, not whom it happens to.
>>
>>28901849
My Evangelical buddy said Catholics are heathens and idol worshippers who dont go to heaven, what say you?
>>
>>28901865
I disagree. And I think it is inconsistent to claim faith only saves but not grant that same saving through faith to catholics out of spite
>>
>>28901664
how is it a sin to browse 4chan?
its not even a sin to masturbate.
beeing alcoholic or drug addict isnt a sin.
>>
christians get a little consolation image of jesus fluttering across their consciousness for a moment before their brains shut off and they rot away forever.
>>
>>28901952
>its not even a sin to masturbate.

Yes, it is

>beeing alcoholic or drug addict isnt a sin.

They are
>>
>>28901849

Sorry can't watch videos rn, am on a road trip.

Also that thing about loving God... Why does he want us to live him? Wouldn't be be happy to see us be his people, regardless of if we believe in him?

Assuming miracle healings are indeed miracles and not just medical phenomena ws haven't explained yet, how is that evidence for God, and not Allah or Krishna?
>>
>>28902001
dude no they're not. neither is worshipping false idols.
>>
>>28902027
>dude

Opinion trashed :^)
>>
>>28902027

Ok now that even I have to disagree with, that's like one of the first commandments of the first set.
>>
File: a8yBAD8.jpg (186 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
a8yBAD8.jpg
186 KB, 1280x1024
>>28902020
>Assuming miracle healings are indeed miracles and not just medical phenomena ws haven't explained yet, how is that evidence for God, and not Allah or Krishna?
Because Allah is just the arabic word for God. It isn't. We were talking about miracles no?

>Wouldn't be be happy to see us be his people, regardless of if we believe in him?
Not sure what this means. Yes he loves you even if you're not christian

>>28902027
Wat?
>>
This will probably get ignored but from a young age i would fall into a trance and visit a part of heaven regurlarly, i even learnt names of some of the beings there.
>>
>>28901158
It's super fucking hard to get converted if you weren't raised that way as a child. Your best bet is to eithet go to prison or recover from a serious drug addiction, they put you the right sort of mind for it.
>>
>>28902087
>It's super fucking hard to get converted if you weren't raised that way as a child.

Gee i wonder why, top kek
>>
>>28902061

Ok so we're essentially saying all religions are one, yes?

Also it's good to know that you don't think God hates all that dont believe in him, since that makes your message more sincere.
>>
>>28900766
I want to believe that I'll simply reincarnate as another person in another place. Hopefully I'll get dealt better cards next time, too.
>>
>>28900766
I'm pretty sure I killed myself once and my consciousness got into this quantum reality. Some minor things even changed after the "failed attempt" (as it turned out in this world). So to answer your question: as you die in any quantum reality you merge with another you, and if you do this infinitely you might get into a quantum reality where you're immortal.
>>
>>28900766
i like to think all conscious life originate from something we haven't discovered, like a particle that stores all life.

once we die, we go back to that particle and come back out. basically reincarnation in a way, without all the silly religious stuff behind it.

its a cool concept but probably not real.
>>
File: MariaJosefJesus.jpg (64 KB, 250x345) Image search: [Google]
MariaJosefJesus.jpg
64 KB, 250x345
>>28902087
No I was raised an atheist

>>28902120
No. Miracles are just evidence for A deity not a specific religion but there are other points of disagreement on which only one can be true
>>
>>28902099
I'm an atheist by the way.
Used to be really scared about not knowing why we exist and all that, tried to beleive in religion but found it is pretty much impossible to convince yourself unless you were raised on it, at least for me it was.
Better now though, i've come to realise that not knowing is a big part of the human experience.
>>
>>28902235
Well then it's good you managed to convert, but not everyobe is the same and for certain people it's pretty much impossible.
>>
God laughs at homos, He doesn't get mad. it's funny to Him. it's like seeing dogs hump stuffed animals.
>>
>>28902253
Don't take that as an excuse.
>>
>>28901109
I can't remember my very early years of life, what if you did experience things before you where born but can't remember?
>>
>>28902331
As an excuse for what?
>>
File: 1440502100011.jpg (106 KB, 300x407) Image search: [Google]
1440502100011.jpg
106 KB, 300x407
Same thing as before you were born.
>>
is pretending to be religious just an ironic joke?

I'm not even atheist i'm agnostic
>>
>>28902444
Pro-tip, most people who call themselves atheists would probably fit your definition of an agnostic.
I call myself an atheist but the deffition i use is that anyone who beleives in a god is a theist and anyone who doesn't is an atheist.
>>
>>28900766
Your spirit will reunite with the creator. It may sound goofy or silly to a person who doesn't believe in things that cannot be seen with the mortal eye, but to me it only makes the most sense, seeing that something doesn't come from nothing.
>>
>>28902444

Agnostic is just a qualifier to atheist or theist.

Gnostic theist: I believe and know there's a god
Agnostic theist: I believe but do not know there's a god
Gnostic atheist: I don't believe there is a god and know there is none.
Agnostic atheist: I don't believe there is a god but I don't know.
>>
>>28900946
Cryonics isn't too expensive if you have a monthly payment and it gives you a decent chance to reach the singularity, which is somewhat like heaven.
>>
Even though I'm an atheist and I rationally know that were basically just going to sleep forever (minus the dreams) there is a part of me that would like to believe in reincarnation.
>>
>>28900766
I imagine it's like turning off a tube TV
Everything just goes black and gg
>>
>>28900946
God is a certified grade A nigger.
If that faggot exists i'm gonna kill him and rape his corpse
>>
>>28900946
Religion is created by man to prevent moral deterioration imo. It really is an opium for us humans
>>
File: 1461582767565.gif (54 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1461582767565.gif
54 KB, 240x240
>"What will it be like to go to sleep and never wake up?"

Well, what was it like to wake up after having never gone to sleep? That was when you were born.

After you're dead, it's not as if you're going to be trapped inside of a dark room forever. When you die, it can only be the same experience (or the same sort of experience) as when you were born.
>>
>>28904824
Wrong. Religion is a natural part of human need to understand and explain the universe. Empathy creates morality, which transcends it. Religion ties morality to understanding to justify and reinforce it.

Religion is the science of the past.
>>
>>28900896
This but I believe at some point in time the "you" or the perciever would have to exist.
Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.