[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one get super good at deductive reasoning like L?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 6
File: giphy-facebook_s.gif (73 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
giphy-facebook_s.gif
73 KB, 480x270
How does one get super good at deductive reasoning like L?
>>
>>28780735
check wikihow
>>
Genetics. That's about it.
>>
>>28780735
by being mary-sue
>>
>>28780735
Same way any person becomes an expert in their field. They have to immerse themselves, allow themselves to be consumed by their interest. It has to rule every waking moment of their life. Every waking thought must be focused on the matter at hand.

Or be born with autism.
>>
File: 1461256800355.jpg (253 KB, 1200x1040) Image search: [Google]
1461256800355.jpg
253 KB, 1200x1040
>>28780735
1. have an IQ above 140.
2. ????
3. profit
>>
>>28780735
Study math at college
Original original post
>>
>>28780796
Basically this. It also helps to have a very strong memory, but genetics probably limit that greatly.
>>
>>28780770

probably this. L's iq is likely insane.
>>
>>28780838
IQ isn't genetic you self defeating cucks
>>
>>28780805
>144 IQ
>Can't do this for shit
>>
>>28780735
just a reminder that death note was actually a really good anime until L died
>>
>>28780857
>IQ isn't genetic
That's where you're wrong, kiddo.
>>
>>28780869
agreed. it went to complete shit after that with fucking Nier and Mellow Yellow or whatever there names were took over
>>
By having shitty anime writers give you super convenience powers
>>
>>28780869
>until L died
You mean until that stupid yandere showed up
>>
>be character in cartoon
>you're as smart as your writer wishes you to be
also deductive reasoning is a meme
>>
>>28780936
but she made the best line of the anime
>can you imagine a world without Light?
>it would be very dark
>>
>>28780857
Good luck raising an orangutan to have an IQ of 160.
>>
>>28780796
OK. In what ways could I do that? How do I train myself in deductive reasoning?
>>
>>28780869
No, it went to crap after that whole switcheroo scene, but even then it was still good.
>>
Be smart
Be focused
Take risks
Eat sweets
Don't wear socks
Have not one but two theme songs as well as remixes of those songs
>>
>>28780735
protip: anime isn't real
>>
>>28780869
I liked Mello. To bad he didn't get too much screen time.
>>
>>28780869
The manga ending was way better than the anime ending.
>>
>>28781399
Also the soundtrack is great
>>
>>28781345
This. I thought that L's death and Mello's/Nier's rivalry enhanced the experience.
>>
L had his great deductive reasoning because he is a fictional character who was used to keep the show going.
>>
>>28781542
Are you saying that a normal person wouldn't be able to make the deductions that L did? (Excluding the amazing foresight)
>>
>>28781201
read detective books, do detective activities, watch detective movies, get a detective job, have detective hobbies
>>
>>28781798
Anything specific? I'm legitimately interested in this kind of thing.
>>
Read a lot. Fiction and nonfiction. Identify patterns. Collect firsthand experiences and make it a point to keep your memories of certain events as pristine as possible so you can draw upon them later. Observe. Analyze. Predict. Fine tune your analysis until your predictions exceed random chance.
>>
File: psych.jpg (36 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
psych.jpg
36 KB, 640x427
>>28781890
I feel like I've heard this from somewhere.
>>
>>28781970
You got me. Tongue your dog's asshole instead.
>>
He uses primarily inductive reasoning
>>
>>28781838
You'll have to look up the specifics as you say you are keenly interested.
>>
>>28781399
What was different?
>>
>>28782354
Light begged for Ryuk not to right his name down, he still does and Light dies on the floor and his last words were "damn...". Then there's a time skip where the world is back to the way things were before Kira and life goes on, but there's a cult of Kira followers who climb up a mountain and light a candle for Kira. Also Misa killed herself on valentines day after Light's death. Then there was a one shot where a shinigami gives a human a death note and the Kira things starts again. Near makes a public announcement that he has no interest in the new Kira and the new Kira kills himself by writing his own name in the death note. And that ends with Ryuk laughing and says that humans are so interesting
>>
>>28781690
his foresight was basically clairvoyance

>light is about to exact a plan to kill L
>oh by the way guys if i die soon then light is kira
>>
>tfw random memory of preteen me sitting like L in the middle of class and getting laughed at for it

holy shit, I didn't need this memory
>>
Kira should've murdered overseas first. Course NOT spazzing out and killing the guy on TV would work too.
>>
>>28780735
By being an anime character
>>
>>28780735

If he just killed everyone investigating him, how could they have known it was him?

Why would he kill that qt jap chick?

Why wouldn't he fuck Misa?

Why did he let another guy fuck up and make a mistake writing that qt's name in it? You'd think he's give him specific instructions to do nothing.
>>
Well first you have to read the script
>>
>>28780867

Sucking your own dick has nothing to do with IQ. Just stretch a lot and don't be fat.
>>
>>28780735
L reasoning abilities are beyond rational logic. He's more of a seer or a prophet than a logician at this point. Its outright impossible to be as good as him. That, or he was very lucky.
>>
did you kikes even watch the anime you have to squat to deduce things
>>
>>28784074

If he never killed that fake L he would've never been found out
>>
>>28784653

If Light's dad wasn't a police officer he never would have been found out.
>>
>>28784752
No the fake L did it. Still think he should've done some overseas murders though.
>>
>>28782498

I don't know, that sounds pretty retarded. Also, how did Misa kill herself? Did she write her own name down because otherwise she should live up to be 100+ due to the life extending bullshit she got from her Shinigami sacrificing itself for her.
>>
play lots of ace attorney and drink hot chocolate
>>
>>28785060
Don't think there's exemptions for offing yourself.
>>
Deduction is useless.
Induction is where the power of reasoning lies.
>>
>>28785060
Idk about the manga but in the anime she jumps off a bridge
>>
>>28785668

you must explain. oregano.
>>
>>28780930
This, you fucking moron. Near was even fucking worse, though. He just fucking guessed everyone's plan from one tiny detail.
>>
>>28785764

i still hold that near guessing it was Mikami from that one scene where he's trying to figure it out fromanybody in the world was the most bullshit moment in all of anime history
>>
>>28785730
Deduction is association.
i.e. If A then b, c, d.
While this looks useful at first, the obvious problem with this method of reasoning is that any piece of information A has a near limitless array of implications b, c, d.

Wheras induction works from the other side.
You have an assumption a and you show using information A, B, C that this assumption is true. However this is not subject of confimation bias at all, since you can also show that all other assumptions made using the same set of information must be false.
>>
>>28785419
>>28785727

Right, do they ever mention suicide? I thought the only way to die was for your name to be written? Meaning that Misa only died if she wrote her name down on the DeathNote, otherwise she jumps off and lives 100+ years as a cripple.
>>
>>28784132
>If he just killed everyone investigating him, how could they have known it was him?
He didn't want to kill his dad

>Why would he kill that qt jap chick?
She was a meddling bitch

>Why wouldn't he fuck Misa?
He was gay for L first then Mikami.

>Why did he let another guy fuck up and make a mistake writing that qt's name in it?
I don't remember this shit.
>>
>>28785791
Yep, the show went to shit when they introduced Near and that edgy little faggot Mello. At least L's method of reasoning was somewhat clever and interesting and not too much further-fetched than Light's, but Near was just complete bullshit.
>>
>>28780735
Inteligent design you stupid fuck.
>>
>>28782049
Thank you. All of these fucking faggots that don't know the difference between inductive and deductive reasoning.
>>
>>28785730
Deductive is moving from theory to specific cases. Inductive is moving from specific cases to theory.
>>
>>28780735
Honestly it's all just common sense and deductive reasoning. Having extremely hyper sense in terms of empathy helps a lot too. Being empathetic helps you understand people to the point of being able to read them like a book. L was the ultimate good guy.
>>
>>28780735
>like L
by having an omnipotent being controlling your "life" that decided you should know everything
>>
>>28785833
>>Why did he let another guy fuck up and make a mistake writing that qt's name in it?

IIRC Near was able to figure out that there might be two notebooks because Mikami wrote her name in one of the books but her time of death was different or something. I don't really remember the details that much

>>28785838

How was Near and Melo bullshit but L wasn't? Didn't they both admit that they could never beat L individually but together figure out the case?
>>
>>28780735

Overall a overrated anime, but I really loved the scene in which he got that one detective to kill all his fellow detectives, that would dope.

I think Light didn't use the Deathnote to it's fullest potential. Since you can write what people do before their death, he could instaed of going on a rampage, given them "normal" dying ages, and wrote "after they discovered the cure for cancer in 2010" "after they created world peace through diplomacy", etc.

He could have shaped the world into a paradise if he just wanted, an realized.
>>
>>28785951
You can only delay death by 24 days and you can't do anything not possible for the people in question.
>>
>>28785984
Was that stated? Oh, ok if so, then I am sorry, is a long time ago that I had watched it.
>>
>>28785951

It had to be a realistic way they could die. If that was the case, I would have wrote my own name in the book of me dying from having 10 million orgasms with 40 million different women in the year 90976500.

But Light should have had people die with a lot more variety. Like, why would you have all your victims die of a heart attack so it's all traceable to you?
>>
you have to realize most fictional 'geniuses' benefit from basically cheating since the author needs them to be amazingly smart to move the plot along.

In real life that shit doesn't happen as consistently or as often, and it almost never comes from a single person. You can get good at stuff like that in a kind of mentalist way but even that isn't 100% correct all the time and is more of an art than a science.
>>
I have good deductive reasoning. Don't know how I compare to L because I was impressed with some of his conclusions but irl peopel tell me that I realize things they would have never even thought of. I basically try to imagine the situation from every persons perspective with every possible goal for each person and find our where whats happening lines up with which person doing what goal.

My iq was literally 140 (averaged over 3 in person tests by a licensed individual) so that definitely plays a part.
>>
>>28785824
I thought it was if you posessed the book. Giving it up doesn't make you invincible.

Come to think of it, I don't think invincibility ever came up.
>>
File: Crying-Laughing-Meme-01.png (6 KB, 390x470) Image search: [Google]
Crying-Laughing-Meme-01.png
6 KB, 390x470
>>28786066

>My iq was literally 140 (averaged over 3 in person tests by a licensed individual) so that definitely plays a part.

He thinks measured IQ means anything.
>>
>>28786118
It's like saying if you give niggers in the ghetto money they'll become "white" and not blow it all because dey niggarich.
>>
>>28786118
IQ is pretty much the #1 determinant for success.
>>
>>28780735

The ending to the anime was retarded. You're telling me that he would let a retarded mistake like that go through? Literally why would the guy go to the bank to pick up the real notebook to write that woman's name and why wouldn't Light give him specific instructions to never go to pick up that book until the meeting time?

It was such a cop out to get him to lose to Near. It's not even like he was out-maneuvered, they just cucked him. And then you're going to seriously imply Light has no backup plan to come out clean or at the very least ensure they all die?

Come on.
>>
>>28780735
Practice deductive reasoning.

Being a good learner helps.
>>
>>28786098

Your life force gets added on by the Shinigami who gave their life up for you, which is why she was easily able to half her life because she'd live unnaturally long anyways. Even after her life was halved, she'd still live pretty long, only to get even more years added by the other Shinigami.
>>
>>28786159

Wasn't he extremely obsessive and paranoid? He'd have eventually cracked just like he did. Kira never directly communicated with him, right? It was always through the girl and he would do anything to protect Kira. So it stands to reason that he would kill her in order to protect Kira and do "God's Will". It really isn't that far fetched from his character to do something so stupid.
>>
>>28786289

It is far fetched though because they were both meticulous before that and I have a very hard time believing that Light wouldn't directly tell him to never get that book until the meeting AND the guy being that retarded and careless that he's think that killing her was necessary.

And that's another thing. She posed no threat and had no reason to be killed immediately. They could have waited, let her get kidnapped, tell her not to talk, and then have her kill herself by hanging or by cutting herself or biting her own tongue or whatever.

There was zero reason for any of what happened to happen. The ending seemed rushed and forced to make Light lose.
>>
I feel the story lost its way somwehere though I cant point out exactly when.
At first the investigation makes sense. Light Imagay digged his grave in the moment he killes the fake L on tv. hat being, investigators knew he was japanese and living in a specific city. After that, Kira decides to check upon the details of the investigation and commit his second grand mistake. When he finds out the cops are suspecting that kira might be a student for the time schedule of the killings, he kills a person every hour in the next day. When police suspects if kira can control the victims action prior to the death, he makes them send messages to L. L realizes that, whoever he is, kira has access to the investigation informations. He set detectives to investigate families and relatives of all investigators involved. Kira makes up a bullshit excuse that his actions were purpuseful, so now that L will start investigating japan's detectives, they will be fucking mad and turn against L, exposing his identity. That never worked in favour of kira. When detectives left the investigation for being suspects, or for being offended or disagreeing with L's methods, what happended was a filtering of professionals. Only those few more dedicated to case and more safe of their inocence would stay in the investigation. his way L formed his little headquarter of 6 cops who he could trust and show his face to.
Regarding the detectives investigating members of japanese authorities, there was also a detective investigating light. Following him around. Ryuuk tells he this, breaking his "impartiality" rule to an extent. Light should have ignored the detective and everything would have turned out fine; but no, once more he decided to take action and signed his own death sentence. He managed a whole scene to find out the detective's identity. hen, he goes further to make the detective kill all the other dozens of foreign detectives investigating kira in japan.
>>
>>28780735
be male
>>
>>28786396

>oh no, i'm being investigated
>time to kill him!

i'll never understand this lapse in judgement
>>
File: 1453786501482.jpg (72 KB, 618x564) Image search: [Google]
1453786501482.jpg
72 KB, 618x564
>>28781324
REEEEE BLASPHEMY REEE 2-D WAIFUS REE I HAVE NO FRIENDS REEE ANIMU IS LIFE
>>
>>28786396
I think that was the point. If he left it alone, he would have "won" eventually because there's no way to track down Kira even with the info that he's Japanese and living in the Kanto region. He wanted to figure out who L was because his ego couldn't handle being outmaneuvered which is why he wanted to isolate L and kill him.

You are correct though if he just left it alone the show would have been over at ep 3. L finding out Kira is a Japanese student and not much else to narrow down the possibilities
>>
>>28786344

Meticulous as they may have been, Mikami was still a full blown coward and idiot. IIRC Light does call him an idiot and tells him that he specifically told him not to touch the book. Either way, Near had Mikami followed to the Bank and noticed that he would take pictures, send them to someone and then write a name down which seemed rather odd to anyone. Neither of them had a real plan as to what would happen if one of them were to be caught and tortured which is why they were caught off guard.

Mikami had no contact with Light but saw the lady on the news as being kidnapped, fearing the worse that she might leak any plans to the enemies, she had her kill herself by fire while taking out their enemy. In doing so, meticulous Mikami broke routine and confirmed Near's theory. None of that could have happened if it weren't for Mellow and his left field kidnap attempt. So it took both of them to surpass L.
>>
>>28786396
L then deduces kira is among those who were investigated by the murdered detective in the previous weeks. Light was in that short list. L grows interested in Light for being a prodigious kid. He becomes the center of the investigation with 3% of chance of being actually kira. From that point on the investigation starts to derail... Without any concrete evidence against Light, and confident that he will not provide any, L decides to show himself and start to test light on small details. From that point, for me, the series starts a downhill. I understood the premisse... L vs Kira. L know the truth but can't prove it. Kira knows L's face, but not his name. They both talk measuring each single word in a thrilling tour de force, only waiting for the moment one of them with fail and give himself away by saying some bullshit. It's a nice concept, like a duel with no arms. In the show, it simply did not work that fine because the investigation lost its aspects of... well, investigation. It started to look more like a personal dispute, filled with plot holes, deus ex machinas, loose ends and unconvincing turning points. Misa arrival, misa messages, misa's kidnapping, misa, sakura TV, Light arresting...
Needless to say that season 2 is a walking disaster... From that point, the investigation has no logic at all. It's not really an investigation, it's a soap opera.
>Oh look, that company is getting each time richier and their competitors are dying... they must have be the new kira!
When L dies... it get's even worse. What exactly are near plans and deductions? How does he reaches his conclusions that kira is Light Imagay? How does he get to mikami? Giovani managed to break into a bank twice, make a faithful copy of a death note in one night, a note with hundreds maybe thousands of names? Mikami would not test the note before the grand day?
If you started reading/watching it because of the "detective drama" atmosphere, you're off to a huge dissapointment.
>>
do you even get what deductive reasoning means?
it has nothing to do with knowing reality better than others. deductive reasoning has to do with agreeing upon terms and then putting it through a "logic test" of sorts.
get good at the process of reasoning, then just take a lot of data (observations about trends) and put that through your questions and you might be getting more accurate predictions than just doing that passively. that's still inductive though, not deductive.
>>
File: 1440971457675.jpg (33 KB, 400x343) Image search: [Google]
1440971457675.jpg
33 KB, 400x343
>you will never be super detective like Sherlock Holmes or L
>>
>>28780869
Death note was good until those two little autistic fags showed up.
>>
You do it a lot.
It's like how high functioning autists can be amazing socially in most situations despite being disadvantaged.
Just reason a lot. L is a fictional character though and the most extraordinary trait he has is his memory rather than his deductive reasoning. Given the information he had its fairly obvious to anyone. Perhaps not in the time you, the viewer, is given during the series but there's a lot of time given to him to reason.
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.