[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I honestly think abstaining from 4chan is a good step to improving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: that-feel-pc.jpg (51 KB, 648x595) Image search: [Google]
that-feel-pc.jpg
51 KB, 648x595
I honestly think abstaining from 4chan is a good step to improving your life.

You don't really learn anything from this site. In fact juging from a lot of posts here I'm sure most of you just feel terrible from reading shitposts all day.

I think not using 4chan will create more time for hobbies and educational activities like reading or playing a musical instrument. Also, not dealing with this site's negativity would improve your outlook on the world and make you happier.

I suggest that we have a no 4chan challenge. We'd make regular threads and discuss ways to avoid 4chan, talk about our records and try to beat them, and encourage ourselves to stick to a non4chan lifestyle.
>>
I'm on board
>>
This is the only place I don't feel completely alone, I'm not leaving.
>>
I agree one the premise, but making regular threads on 4chan will not do it. Just leave, if you can.
>>
i just got back from not using this shit hole for 2 months and my life increased in quality 100%
>>
I've learned a FUCKLOAD from this website. Many things that my life would be incomplete without. However eventually you reach a point where you can't really learn any more and should just leave unless you're in the rare mood for actual discussion of some kind, or there is some kind of OC-producing event to take part in (but even that is a waste of time in reality)
>>
I have a 4chan addiction.
>>
>>28723500
Same. It gives unique, obscure views a point and challenging the way you think. You cannot find that in the normie world.

>>28723498
Why exactly? And what were you doing on 4chan?
>>
>>28723266
I think that those who are easily influenced, led by the nose, and do nothing with themselves could do without 4chan. It's an anonymous image board, not a drug.
>>
>>28723530
i stopped because i started studying for exams and do other stuff on the internet and i used to just browse r9k and pol for 15 hours a day
>>
>>28723530
>You cannot find that in the normie world.

Probably not, but it's not like there's only 4channers and normies and that's it.

Once I got into exploring the outside world (not necessarliy through actually "going out", but through reading books and watching films), I realized many of the ideas and attitudes Anons pride themselves on discussing aren't native to 4chan at all. Also, others are way more intelligent and can describe and explore these things with much more beauty and intellectual rigour than a few shitposts can do.
>>
>Anonymous Anonymous

Hi, my name is Anon.
>>
>>28723707

Hello Anon how long have you been posting on 4chan for?
>>
>>28723266
Nice try normie
>>
>>28723266
If you filter the shitposts boards with focus can be a good place for gathering information.
>>
Yeah, this website is terrible and I have acquired so much negative learned behavior from it.

But if I didn't spend most of my time browsing this shithole I would probably suicide because I would be so bored. I don't have interest or energy enough to focus on any hobbies or any thing of the sort. Half the time I won't even masturbate because I think of how much energy it would take to do so and get soft.

I'm sure many posters here are in my same position. This shitty website is the only minor enjoyment you get out of life anymore.
>>
What am I supposed to do when I'm not browsing 4chan though? Like seriously my job is anti social my hobbies are worse >__>
>>
>>28723266

this is good advice.
I will not follow this advice.
>>
4chan makes me much more bitter and negative when i actively use it. not good for me at all but i don't have much else to do right now.
>>
i started going on /pol/ years ago since i thought it was for serious political discussions, but now i just hate black people
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.