[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
a girl on okcupid (rudely desu) pointed out that I talk about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: animegirl.jpg (67 KB, 617x449) Image search: [Google]
animegirl.jpg
67 KB, 617x449
a girl on okcupid (rudely desu) pointed out that I talk about myself too much.

And I realized she was right. I literally hijack every conversation and instinctively find a reason to talk about myself rather than the person I'm talking to.

Anyone else have this issue?
>>
Yes, because other people are uninteresting. It's one of the reasons I gots no friends.
>>
>>28697017
how do you talk about you're self?
im so insecure what people think about me since i literally do nothing, hate myself and haven't accomplished anything
>>
>try to talk about things I'm interested in
>nobody cares
>try to talk about me
>nobody cares
I've tried nothing and I'll out of ideas
>>
>>28698651
Find people who are interested in the same things as you?

Or ask people about their interests and try to find a way of genuinely engaging with them (this option is no good if you just stand there looking bored, but tricky because some things are genuinely fucking boring).
>>
Normies like talking about themselves. If you want the other person to feel comfortable with you and enjoy your conversation just keep asking him questions about himself so he can keep babbling.
I'm a shut in autist so I hate talking about myself but I find it extremely easy to hold a conversation with normies because that's the only thing they want
>>
>getting a girl to respond to you

Wow, look at this normie

just kidding pham okcupid is really depressing for people like us
>>
>>28697017
I never talk about myself unless asked. I don't find my life interesting. My parents can't get me to talk about my day cause it's so uninteresting to me.
>>
How are you supposed to talk to women anyway? Online dating feels like a scam if you're NEET

>girl: So what do you do anon?
>uhh...nothing much..

Then she doesn't respond ever.

Or it's like

>high match %
>have lots of interests in common
>personalities match up
>she looks at your profile
>never responds

This is my second attempt at trying OKC and it's just a big a failure as the first time. I actually tried *really* hard to write down my positives and not be self-deprecating at all so I've improved on that front but women still don't want to talk to me ever.
>>
you're doing it again op
>>
Messaging a girl for like 4 days and then send this message

"I'd much prefer a horror comedy like Cabin in the woods or Tucker and Dale vs evil.

So what is a beautiful girl like you still doing on a site like this?"

She literally deletes her account or blocks me lel.
>>
>>28699328

It's funny, you can literally always tell when they block you.

>send a message
>check back in the next day
>their profile has 'vanished'
>but you can still see the little green dot in the message window
>which means they're still online
>>
>>28699248
This is probably pretty accurate, desu.

I've not used a dating site before, but I did I'd probably skip NEETs by default. Whereas a bit over a year ago I totally did try to date a NEET I knew in real life (although that whole fiasco sucked for me, because he started dating me and this other girl at the same time, but she couldn't hack having an open relationship and then he chose her over me).
>>
>>28699366

That's because you're a shallow woman. Pls go.
>>
>>28699354

Pretty fucked up of her to block me, rather just have her tell me she's not into me. Blocking me makes me feel like a stalker, never sent more than 2 messages a day and only after a reply.
>>
>>28697017
yes. an easy way to stay conscious of it is to watch out for use of I, I'm, I'd etc too often
>>
I've found most women online dating have no clue how to carry a conversation. They only care about themselves.

Most of my conversations feel like interviews where I'm just asking questions, they give a brief answer, I crack a joke or add input to their answer, they respond with "haha yeah exactly!!! " And then I am forced to come up with a new question since they only care about themselves.

I'd say if you can keep her attention taking about yourself then you're probably doing well. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just be more aware and make sure to ask about them too.
>>
>>28699395
That's online dating, friend. It's a sea of men with like 10 women so the women always have multiple convos going on at any given time. They are quick to block or ignore. Don't take it personally they spot one thing they don't like and move on to the next fast.

You just have to put in the numbers and eventually you will find someone that jives with u
>>
>>28697017
>thread about talking about themselves
>no tripfags
hmm
>>
>>28698737
>find somebody with same interest as you
>their level of interest of yours is either very low or extremely high and you still can't carry a conversation
lol
>>
>>28697017
same here
I'm super self aware about how much I talk about myself but I literally can't think of any other conversation topics

even now, I'm talking about me.
>>
>>28697017

You shouldn't feel bad OP. Most people on the internet tend to react negatively if you ask about them or talk about yourself. It's a lose lose situation. Talking with people in real life tends to be easier.
>>
>>28697017
Literally everyone loves talking about themselves she was just angry she couldn't talk about herself.
Just get used to it anon that's how people are including you
>>
>>28697017
source me on that anime, OP, she looks like a waifu material
>>
>>28699248
>high match %
>have lots of interests in common
>personalities match up
>she looks at your profile
>never responds

I know this feel well. On the bright side at least we're attractive enough to be acknowledged right?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.