[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shoplifting thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: JAIL.jpg (21 KB, 318x320) Image search: [Google]
JAIL.jpg
21 KB, 318x320
What are the highest priced, but smallest objects you can shoplift from a walmart/target/whatever?
>>
File: image.png (278 KB, 1000x741) Image search: [Google]
image.png
278 KB, 1000x741
In California people are walking out of walmarts with TVs because it's under $950 the cops barely do anything even if you get caught
>>
they will all be tagged. you planning on running out the door?
>>
>>28568829
i want to fuck that rabbit in an original manner
>>
>>28568913
Any more fun facts?
>>
>>28569039
you could take them out of the packaging right?
>>
i'm an experienced shoplifter and my advice would be NOT to take the small expensive items because those are monitored

take the less expensive stuff like a grocery item or snack, they'll let you have it freely

used to do this with beer when i was underage to avoid getting carded but even after i kept doing it free beer's great after all

discretion is key, everything's normal and you're just an anonymous face in the crowd
>>
>>28569566
If you are an illegal criminal alien say you have been here since before 2013, they will have a harder time deporting you
>>
>>28569764
but my plan was to sneak it into some sort of container or try that dogfood trick and smuggle it out safely.

And I actually want to make money doing it, I don't think it's worth the risk of getting caught stealing for a snack.
>>
>>28569841
unless you're a dumbass you'll never get caught with a snack. never. charging someone with larceny for taking a snack is a joke and any judge would let you off with few hours community service and case dismissed. as long as it's your first time in his court.

your intention to deliberately and maliciously steal from the store for your personal profit would be treated much more seriously. imagine the store is someone's house. take a drink from the fridge no problem, start stealing TVs and THEN we have a problem.
>>
Stole a hell of a lot of pokemon cards when I was younger
>>
>>28568829
A few years ago, my brother stole some Medal of Honor game. Kind of glad no one bought it instead since it was ass.
>>
>>28569971
Even if you don't get any jail time and only get a few hours of community service, having theft on your record pretty much fucks your shit if you care about ever being employed.

Is stealing $3 bag of chips worth that risk? That's up to you to decide.
>>
>>28570106
in the first place nobody will stop you. employees don't care about a $3 of chips. the manager don't care either if it's under $20. it's store loss, it's expected and accounted for some people to just be dicks and take stuff for free.

dismissed means it never happened btw no record not even a case file.
>>
>>28570106
>>28570241
No one really wants to deal with all that paperwork and shit over a .59 candy bar. The worst they'll usually do is ask for it back before you leave the before.
>>
>>28568829
>this thread
>obviously underage general
Just steal wathever they won't send you to jail
>>
>>28568829
I have seen a drunk barge into a grocery store screaming, grab some shit, yell at the cashiers for a good 6 minutes and then calling the manager a whore for getting involved and leaving with the stolen goods and nothing was done and police wasn't called
>>
>>28570508
From my perspective of a cashier at a gas station: Take whatever you want but please be discrete so I don't notice. It's not my stuff, I don't care. Don't wreck the store, don't make a scene or act like an asshole, don't make problems for me up at the counter. If you're just gonna come in and take something and I don't even have to see you that's great. Better than most customers.
>>
I might sound like a faggot for saying this but it's pretty easy to steal magic fatpacks
>>
I live in a place where cops arrest people for fun just because there are no real criminals. A bag of potato chips would end in AT LEAST 6 months in county jail.
>>
>>28570830
Good thing I live in shitty ass Tucson then.
>>
>>28570241

I'm a manager at Fred's. I prosecute all thefts I can. I don't care how young they are or how much the item is worth I fucking hate thieves and even if the nigger spends only a week in juv/jail it was worth the trouble.

At least drugs is a victimless crime and honest work. Stealing should carry the death penalty.
>>
>>28571795
Is it a lot of paperwork to fill pout for those cases?
>>
Having worked in retail, I can tell you two very important things right off.

>most people in retail make so little money that they do not care at all if you shoplift

>almost everyone in retail knows that they can lose their job if they confront a customer who is not blatantly walking out with something he has not paid for

Just remember those two things. Act confident above all. Act like you have done nothing wrong and people will act like you have done nothing wrong. Slip some small items without tags into your pocket when nobody is looking and then pay for your other shit and walk out like normal. Nobody will bat an eye.
>>
>>28569841
what is the dogfood trick
>>
>>28571958
>go in store
>get giant bag of dog food
>make small cut in bag on the side without the barcode
>stuff shit in the bag of food
>put a piece of clear tape on the cut if you want the extra safety
Like most heavy things they'll just go around to the cart to scan it for you, so you don't even have to lift it up again. Still requires you to buy dog food though, but if you have a dog then it's all good anyway.
>>
>>28568913
What is that picture? I want to know more about it.
>>
I stole some plastic cups the last time I went to walmart with some friends
no way I'm spending 5 buckets in the package if we only need like 7.
So we ripped the package off and shove them on my backpack
thug life
>>
I heard from a guy who works at K-Mart that they won't even call the cops on shoplifters unless it's something really expensive, it scares customers off and creates too much hassle.

I'm too much of a moralfag to shoplift, though. I once stole a few books and felt so bad that I snuck them back onto the shelves the next day. I'm just worried some poor wagecuck is going to get fired for not being able to catch me.
>>
>>28572287
>I once stole a few books and felt so bad that I snuck them back onto the shelves the next day.
jesus
>>
>>28568829
>Target

Target has some of the best loss prevention in the world. They'll let you get away with shit then once you hit felony numbers they'll prosecute you with a huge file of shit you stole from every target anywhere.
>>
>>28572571

This guy knows what's up. Target is well known for their loss prevention in the retail industry.
>>
>>28572729
Classy supermarkets too sometimes. And walmart in the bad part of town.
>>
File: 476543543543.jpg (43 KB, 170x158) Image search: [Google]
476543543543.jpg
43 KB, 170x158
>>28570021
There's some kid that kept stealing pokemon cards from the store I work at so I put spiderwraps on every package we had.

>>28571907
>Slip some small items without tags into your pocket when nobody is looking and then pay for your other shit and walk out like normal. Nobody will bat an eye.
Someone tried doing this to me with a box of candy they slipped in their coat, so I told them to take it out at the register when they went to cash out. They started mouthing off about me calling them a thief so I didn't tell them their laundry detergent was leaking and threw everything into the same bag.

The bigwigs of the place I work at started getting serious about customer appreciation so now it's harder for us to call out people for this kind of stuff. One of the cashiers used to follow people out of the store and take the items right out of their backpacks/clothe and I remember when I first started working the pharmacist caught a girl and dragged her up to the front of the store to get the manager.
>>
>>28572729
Is walmart the easiest place to steal from? I know Target will fuck your shit up but I used to know this guy who would steal from walmart all the time and never got caught.
>>
>>28572571
>a huge file of shit you stole from every target anywhere.
Serious question, how do they do that unless you're enough of an idiot to pay with a credit card when you're trying to smuggle out something else in your pocket?
>>
>>28573116
Depends on the manager's inventory and accounting if they notice theft. Or if employees see. They can check old tapes to see who you / what you look like and then monitor after that. Don't frequent the same stores, keep it to like once a week.
>>
>>28573077
probably easier for its employees because some stores have been doing trial runs for receipt checking at their entryways
http://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/after-hiatus-wal-mart-welcomes-back-its-greeters-n568761

>>28573116
Target is like Macy's and Home Depo/Lowes where they have in-store loss prevention employees. There are also a lot of ways to track people like their license plate, any prescription infro or even looking them up on facebook.
>>
>>28568829
Fancy pens probably
>>
File: 729.gif (134 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
729.gif
134 KB, 340x340
>>28572839
>I remember when a non-asset protection associate put his hands on a customer and didn't get fired
yeah okay bud
>>
>>28573235
>in-store loss prevention employees
Thought every major store had that. I've never been confronted by one despite a fair amount of pocketing, aside from the daily-quota thing where the door attendant at Walmart picks random customers and checks their receipt to make sure they paid for everything in their cart.
>>
Don't bother. it's not worth it. If you're stealing for money, breaking into homes is way more profitable. Houses around wooded areas are ideal because you can go in the woods on one side and come out in someone's backyard. Scope the area out a little and figure out when people are home. Most people work so right in the middle of the afternoon like 11-1 is the best time.
>>
>>28573498
I live in nyc so the whole home invasion thing or car shopping doesn't really work too well unlike a small town or whatever where people don't lock their doors.
>>
>>28573295
I work in a store that's located in a flyover ghetto country town and our store has no cameras or security besides a door buzzer, so a lot of shit happens.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.