[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Let me attempt suicide in public so people will try and stop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 14
File: attention seeking normie.jpg (86 KB, 863x659) Image search: [Google]
attention seeking normie.jpg
86 KB, 863x659
>Let me attempt suicide in public so people will try and stop me xdd I'm not attention seeking! xddddd

Why won't roasties fuck off? Women with depression is just a fucking meme
>>
>>28475065
does there exist a single person on /r9k/ with a capacity for empathy
>>
>>28475095
Hopefully not. At least some place has to stay logical.
>>
File: 1432493754291.gif (171 KB, 267x199) Image search: [Google]
1432493754291.gif
171 KB, 267x199
She should apologize to all the people that put up with her shit enough to stanch the bleeding. Fucking cuntnugget
>>
>women like to be attention whores
What's new?
>>
>>28475065
It's a cry for help. Actual suicide attempt or not, she must have been in a lot of pain.

Most robots' depression are memes, it's as simple as tfw no benis in bagina.
>>
>>28475095
pretty much everyone here empathizes with her
it's just that what she went through isn't that big of a deal.
dumb cunt has problems in life, tries to kill self, utterly fails because she most likely didn't want to die but gain attention/sympathy.
she is an utterly gross human being, using suicide as a means to collect false sympathy and attention.

they should have let her die. she is human trash that deserves nothing.
>>
>>28475095
Lurk a whole lot fucking moar.
>>
Can you imagine trying to fix that nutcase? This is why I'll never be into multiculturalism. If it was a white from my country, then okay, yea, MAYBE it could work. But the chances of getting that to work out with a cracked fucking CHINESE: it's like impossible. No way.
>>
>>28475130
I think most robots dont have actual depression, they just have a giant emotional emptiness. Thats why they dont change their situations or kill themselves. She obviously did feel something.
>>
>>28475137

>pretty much everyone here empathizes with her
>they should have let her die. she is human trash

DAT COGNITIVE DISSONANCE
>>
>>28475065
That is not how you properly knife yourself.
>>
File: index.jpg (9 KB, 235x215) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9 KB, 235x215
>>28475137
>they should have let her die. she is human trash that deserves nothing.
>>
>>28475143
Oh shut the fuck up. What do you give a shit if anon thinks "we're" complete assholes? It's probably half true anyway.
>>
>>28475065
Ironically there will probably be 6 thread about some robot is going to kill themselves.
>>
>>28475161
Empathy is understanding and reading emotions, not sharing opinions.
>>
File: indulona.jpg (83 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
indulona.jpg
83 KB, 1280x960
>>28475065
She is literally spraying a fucking indulona on her wrist.
>>
>>28475161
empathizing with someone is not "wow you're so brave I feel you gurl" it's literally "I understand what you went through"
I get what she went through. it wasn't a big deal, at all.
she is a gross human being for doing what she did. I would actually feel sorry for her if she tried alone, away from others, and happened to be saved by some random passer by. that would suck.

what she did was a gigantic cry for help in the most selfish way possible, fuck her and fuck her entire life. I hope she is beaten to death.
>>
>>28475161
we know we are trash but most of us don't have the balls to kill ourselves but if we do it wont be for attention like the whore in op's post
>>
>>28475095
She's a piece of shit for selfishly trying to subject everyone to seeing a violent death
>>
>>28475160
>dont have actual depression, they just have a giant emotional emptiness

lol b8?
>>
File: 1441841436541.jpg (160 KB, 828x686) Image search: [Google]
1441841436541.jpg
160 KB, 828x686
>>28475065
She probably has a good reason for wanting to kill herself, unlike you first world babies.

I'd kill myself too if I lived in some asian shithole
>>
Did she cut the correct way?
>>
I would have asked her out right then. Not to fuck her but to spend some time with her.

Maybe she was lonely. Maybe she was really hurting. Did you ever think of that?

Haven't you ever been lonely?

Yeah, it was a stupid decision. I've made a few of those in my time too.
>>
>>28475665
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I love the comedy posts here. Let me guess, you'd make her a bowl of eggs too, right?
>>
>>28475065
>female
>fruit knife
>public
WOW-e
>>
>>28475634
no, if she was trying to get attention. she did it in public so that's probably what happened.
>>
>>28475160
>they just have a giant emotional emptiness.

Uh. That's exactly what real depression is...
>>
File: 1422942089827.jpg (19 KB, 424x236) Image search: [Google]
1422942089827.jpg
19 KB, 424x236
>>28475065
>males are three 1/2 times more likely to commit suicide than women
>but women attempt suicide three times more than men

https://afsp.org/about-suicide/suicide-statistics/

Women: there's a reason they've been oppressed for millennia.
>>
>>28475095
>Cut across the street
>In public
That wouldn't kill you unless people tried to make sure you died from it. Which would have been hilarious.
>Woman tries to kill herself in public
>Random people tell her she is doing it wrong and show her the right way
>>
File: laugh12.gif (814 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
laugh12.gif
814 KB, 300x225
>>28475095
I don't have to pretend on the internet friend.
>>
>>28475160

Look up hyperbole and a half if you want a better impression of what it's like.
>>
>>28475095
>what is autism
>why is this comment unoriginal
>>
I would like to point out that the claim that women attempt suicide MORE than men is itself a roastie lie. Those stats aren't based on hospital admissions or anything concrete, those stats are based on SURVEYS conducted by activist feminists within the psychological community. If you live long enough, you'll notice that any form of male suffering that could create empathy and concern for men is responded to by women with claims that women somehow suffer much more from said thing.

Women have an innate victim complex which they use to extract resources and status from men.
>>
>>28475065
I'd need to find out who she is so i can find her, save her and have her fall in love with me
>>
>>28475095
I only emphasize with people worth my empathy.
>>
>>28475160
You're right honestly, most robots just have shit lives and try to blame that on depression, instead of taking responsibility for their own failures.
If you have a shit life, and are sad about it, you're just sad, not depressed.

>>28476454
Can you source that? Every psych I've ever spoken to says they're more likely to attempt, but less likely to succeed. Which could easily be blamed on the fact they tend to use less explicitly violent methods, like jumping in front of stuff, or shooting yourself, they use much less lethal methods. And yeah, some women do abuse suicidality to get attention and free stuff, but I'd hardly say that it's every woman ever, or even close to the majority.

Robots do the same here anyway, talking up how depressed they are in order to get sympathy and status at least in the thread, and the tripfags are even worse at it.
>>
>>28475095
I have no empathy for those who pretend to attempt suicide in order to illicit empathy
>>
>>28475065
>Women with depression is just a fucking meme
>One time I saw something on the internet and now I hate an entire gender because of my selfish assumptions on the matter that my suffering is unique and very special
Never change /r9k/
>>
>>28477407

I don't have a source, it'd be easy for you to research. Just look around for when you see the claim mentioned, and look at whether they provide a citation. Most of the time they don't, and when they do - the citation will lead to a very informal survey, not to any real data.

Yes, women select less lethal methods of killing themselves and so they often attempt and fail. I'm not denying this happens, nor am I denying that women often successfully kill themselves. What I'm saying is that all the psychs you're speaking to (I'm 30 and I recall even as a kid back in the 90's my highschool teachers would mention this factoid) are referring to data that comes from SURVEYS, that is - asking women whether they've attempted and men too. You can accept this as reliable if you want, but consider that 'surveying' women is also a very popular method of the "rape culture" and "domestic violence" activists.

It may be hard to believe at first, but women really do have a tendency to downplay male suffering (in fact so do men) and to instead focus on their own. There's no strong evidence that women are attempting suicide at higher rates than men.
>>
>>28475220
>what she did was a gigantic cry for help in the most selfish way possible, fuck her and fuck her entire life. I hope she is beaten to death.

Guys why can't I get a gf? Nice guys finish last. Girls only go for bad boys.
>>
>>28475065
Most robots are too autistic to empathize with another living person. That saying that woman is too much of a attention whore to deserve any empathy. I hope she got tetanus and died, she deserves it for being such a worthless degenerate.
>>
>>28477546
that woman was in so much pain that she hurt herself in public, whether or not it was a cry for attention you cannot deduce as you don't know her. maybe everything had come to the surface and she couldn't bear another minute.

it could be that she truly was so alone that she did it to reach out to others around her. are you jealous that you can't reach out for companionship and help even though you're also lonely? in a fucked up state of mind, things like that make sense when they really shouldn't.

>Most robots are too autistic to empathize with another living person
yourself included.
>>
>>28477474
Sure, most of those infographs don't provide much source, but I did a bit of research, and in Aus at least, there's data from hospital admissions showing that 62% of people hospitalised for self harm (which includes suicidal behaviours, obviously) were women. So it's not three times more, but it is more common.

I don't believe you can access this citation, but it was linked to this paper, so I'm inclined to think it was reliable.
http://www.aihw.gov.au/publication-detail/?id=10737422893

Source I got the info from directly is
http://www.mindframe-media.info/for-media/reporting-suicide/facts-and-stats

It might be different in America, I didn't look, but in Australia at least, it is slightly more likely for women to attempt that sort of stuff than guys, considering that only serious stuff is hospitalised for.

>It may be hard to believe at first, but women really do have a tendency to downplay male suffering (in fact so do men) and to instead focus on their own.

Even if it was from survey's, it's hardly proof of some gender wide conspiracy to downplay men's suffering, especially considering that the statistics outright say that guys are much more at risk of a successful suicide attempt, which tends to worry people more than a failed one, and also results in guys with serious mental issues being taken more seriously in the system.
>>
It was obviously just a cry for help you fucking sperglords.

She was suffering inside and felt powerless and just wanted someone to notice and help, even if it was just a bunch or strangers.
>>
>>28475065
She didnt even do it right
you cut up the road, not across the street
>>
File: -1933572233.jpg (43 KB, 434x434) Image search: [Google]
-1933572233.jpg
43 KB, 434x434
>>28475095
This ain't the place for empathy. You want discussion go to a more specific board. /r9k/ is basically comfort food for anger. We're here to yell loud, and only hear our side of the argument. Sometimes it's just healthy to be the bad guy ya know?
>>
>>28477748
>Sometimes it's just healthy to be the bad guy ya know?

>le why can't I get a gf
>le why am I so depressed
>suicide threads every day in droves
>threads about times we felt bad
>threads about hate for all kinds of generalized demographics

>healthy
>>
>>28477748
I kind of agree but being that way all the time is just pathetic. Robots are immature though and think only their pain is real.
>>
>>28477818
Then.get.out.normal.fag
>>28477805
You out too. This place is for the lowest of the low, stop pretending to be us.
>>
>>28477614
If this woman truly couldn't control her emotions enough to at least kill herself at her home, then she is a mentally ill degenerate that deserves death. No reason to feel any bit of empathy for her.
>>
>>28477654

Well I'm in Australia, too. The claim that women atttempt suicide 4 times or more than men is pretty much international, just as the claims about "rape culture" and "domestic violence" are internationally pretty uniform, not because they're independently reported, but because lies like this are easily replicated.

The source you've listed specifically says "It is important to recognise, however, not all people who are hospitalised due to self-harm may have intended to die by suicide." If you don't know what percentage of these cases involve actual attempts at suicide, it's not reliable, it's just speculation. Women are known to be particularly prone to 'self harm' (like cutting), and even if we assume that ALL those cases were suicide attempts - the rate is still only 62%, that means 38% of those attempts are male, a difference of 12%, that's nothing like "4 times".

cont...
>>
>>28477748
>Sometimes it's just healthy to be the bad guy ya know?
Don't lie, we both know it isn't healthy. However it can be very fun.
>>
>>28477654
>>28477852

...cont

>Even if it was from survey's, it's hardly proof of some gender wide conspiracy to downplay men's suffering, especially considering that the statistics outright say that guys are much more at risk of a successful suicide attempt, which tends to worry people more than a failed one, and also results in guys with serious mental issues being taken more seriously in the system.

The fact that men commit suicide at the moment at 4 times the rate of women, and that this gender difference isn't universal - that it varies over time and per country, sometimes going as high as 6 times the rate of women, shows that it's very likely a gender issue. Yet ANY time MRA's or even non-MRA's mention this issue of men killing themselves as considerably higher rates, the factoid that women attempt it significantly more is trotted out - but there's no evidence for it. That's significant. You live in Australia, so no doubt you're aware that it's a popular talking point that "every week a woman dies from domestic violence", and all the activism and attention is gendered - blaming men. Yet they ignore that at least 40% of victims of intimate partner homicide are male at the hands of women! Do you notice a trend here? Even when the rates are practically equal - society is ok with 'gendering' the debate and blaming men. When rates show that there's a significant gender aspect to the issue, as with male suicide - the gender aspect gets downplayed and even reversed.

You say that this means male issues are taken more seriously by the system, but this is the opposite of the reality. The claim that women ATTEMPT it more is seen as showing that women have more suicidal tendencies, that they're dealing with issues more often than men, that men are simply more "impulsive" or even "violent" and "aggressive", and it's used to pump more and more resources in to WOMEN'S psychological issues, rather than men's. This is the reality.
>>
File: Black man question.png (165 KB, 471x402) Image search: [Google]
Black man question.png
165 KB, 471x402
>>28475065
>3 strangers try to save a woman
But there's five of them. Are two of them just watching or are they actually trying to be hindrances?
>>
>>28477843
I'm not a normalfag. I work remotely, only part time, so I'm like a half NEET. Few friends. Drug addict. No gf. Skinny 5'8 manlet. Socially am either boring and dull or obnoxiously eccentric. But you have be a true idiot or coward to refuse to acknowledge the pain of others.
>>
>>28477843
Ah, you think /r9k/ is your ally? You merely adopted the board. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the robots until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but shitposts! The memes betray you, because they belong to me. I will show you where I have made my home, I will be preparing to bring justice. Then, I will break you. Your precious memery, gratefully accepted. We will need it. Ah yes, I was wondering what would break first. Your spirit, or your will to post?
>>
Wow, this is a new low for /r9k/. Making fun of a woman who attempted suicide? You guys should be ashamed in yourselves.
>>
>>28477903
Obviously, two aren't strangers.
Perhaps past lovers or their girlfriends which is the reason she exploded emotionally.
>>
>>28477903
>>28478002

There's a fullstop after the "3". It looks like the screencap may have been taken from one of those "top 10 images" type lists. The caption would be "Strangers try to save..."
>>
File: PrincessBride_295Pyxurz.jpg (157 KB, 1600x871) Image search: [Google]
PrincessBride_295Pyxurz.jpg
157 KB, 1600x871
>>28477845
It's now degenerate to be mentally ill?
You keep using that word; I do not think it means what you think it means.
>>
>>28477986

Yeah, you've been browsing all week and can't stand seeing misogyny :( poor thing :((((
>>
>>28475117
>r9k
>logical

You must be new...
>>
>>28477852
You're right, but neithe side is purely suicide attempts, and I don't know of any data saying serious nonsuicidal self harm is more common in one gender than another, so its a valid assumption to assume suicide attempts are similarly common in both. And I agree, ita nothing like four times anyway.

>>28477889
This is where you're wrong though. Sure, women have more media campaigns than men, but when it comes to our immediate mental health system, the actual doctors we have, being male is considered a risk factor for suicidality, as they fail less often. As such, hospital beds are more available, appointments are given quicker, and its just generally taken more seriously.

Women are considered to be less risky than men by almost anyone that knows their shit.

What feminist groups say isn't really taken seriously in mental health, though yeah, the whole one a week thing is fucking annoying. But its just advocacy groups trying to get funds, so I can't hold it against them, the goal is to help people full stop. We need more men's advocacy groups though, I agree.
>>
>>28478063
it is and it always has been. mentally ill people are degenerate scum that deserve no empathy
>>
>>28475065
With a fucking fruit knife to boot. Women are ridiculous.
>>
>>28478271
it was obviously not planned out, it was probably just what she had on her when she felt overwhelming pain.
are you incapable of using the mass of gray matter between your ears?

>>28478265
again
you keep using that word
it objectively does not mean what you think it means
>>
File: bye.jpg (7 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
bye.jpg
7 KB, 275x183
>>28475065
>woman attempts suicide
>woman
>attempts suicide
>fruit cake knife
>attempted suicide
>woman attempts suicide with fruit cake knife
>horizontal cut
>woman
>>
>>28478227

>As such, hospital beds are more available, appointments are given quicker, and its just generally taken more seriously.

Honestly I get the feeling that this is simply what you WANT to believe. Hospital beds in emergency rooms aren't gender segregated, they can't prioritise based on gender but on the IMMEDIATELY perceieved emergency of the situation. There are no appointments in emergency rooms, and if you're talking about GP appointments - no, men aren't given priority. Your argument is silly - if the general belief is that men are more likely to succeed at suicide, then all doctors\medical stuff can do is respond to emergencies or deaths - and if the belief is that women ATTEMPT more, then more money and effort will be put into women's mental health issues, which is exactly the case in reality!

>Women are considered to be less risky than men by almost anyone that knows their shit.

You are certainly making this up. Because the widespread belief is that women attempt more and have more issues with depression, they receive more attention and funding.

>What feminist groups say isn't really taken seriously in mental health, though yeah, the whole one a week thing is fucking annoying. But its just advocacy groups trying to get funds, so I can't hold it against them, the goal is to help people full stop. We need more men's advocacy groups though, I agree.

It's not feminist groups who promote this lie, it's just a claim that gets repeated a lot because both men and women are gynocentric, though the original promoters of the lie were women with 'feministic' tendencies (all of academia is filled with these women). Mental health is dominated by females, and mental health POLICY is certainly influenced mostly by females, feminists, and gynocentrism. The universally accepted lie that females attempt more is just a single example of this.
>>
>>28477954
>calling people idiots for not caring about some dumb fucking idiot attention seeking roastie
>im not a normalfag
fuck off normie
>>
>>28475095
i feel empathy for women that quietly kill themselves at night away from other people, without sending a goodbye note or teling someone
>>
>>28478315
>it was obviously not planned out
Well that's a baseless claim if I've ever heard one.

So she just happened to be carrying around a fruit knife just in case she had to peel some fruit? That's what you seriously think?
>>
>>28475065
this is proof that "suicidal" people don't exist. you either kill yourself or you don't.

>muh women
half this thread talks about this shit publicly on 4chan you are all the exact same. waaa waaa waa life is hard waaa
>>
>>28475160
>giant emotional emptiness

What is depression?
>>
>>28475579
She is a Chinese woman living in mainland China. They are so fucking privileged it's not funny.
>>
>>28475665
>Haven't you ever been lonely?
Yes, and at the lowest points of my life when I really, really wish it was easy to buy a gun in my country so I could drive out into the bush and put a bullet through my head, the last thing I wanted was attention from other people.
>>
>>28475095
You forget we're all outcasted autists.
We both innately and by experience have no concept of empathy which is responsible for our lack of friends.
>>
>>28477852
>The claim that women atttempt suicide 4 times or more than men is pretty much international

I think people don't really get this statistic

women have wider social circles, so when they try to kill themselves there's a good chance someone will notice. guys who are suicidal are so far gone that they have no friends left and no one will notice

IMO men attempt suicide more often than women it's just that nobody notices so it's not documented. for example all the high suicide risk demographic groups like alcoholics (20-25% suicide rate) and transgenders (over 35% suicide risk) are predominantly male. I have no evidence to prove this but it would be nice if some group or university tried to investigate it
>>
>>28478315
>de-gen-er-ate
>adjective
>having lost the physical, mental, or moral qualities considered normal and desirable; showing evidence of decline.

>noun
>an immoral or corrupt person.

This woman is a degenerate because she has lost the part of her mind that says it's probably not a good idea to be such an immoral attention whore that can't control her emotions and thinks it's a good idea to kill yourself in public. Or perhaps she never had that in the first place.
>>
>>28478365
I'm talking about psychiatric wards, genius, why would I talk about GPs when we're talking about mental health? And this is easily found fact, being male is a risk factor in suicidality, and is treated as such. Meaning they get access to wards and psychiatric appointments quicker than equally unwell women.

Why do you keep acting like the majority of people are feminists, when I'm explicitly saying medical practitioners, who absolutely see men as more at risk of successful suicide attempts.

It seems like no matter what I say though, you're just going to twist it to fit some narrative where men are totally oppressed, even in the mental health system, which just isn't the case.

>mental health is dominated by women

Are you shitting me? Do you seriously believe that most psychiatrists are women? Because there being a bunch of women in therapy doesn't mean the field is dominated by them, nor does it relate to suicidal patients, as not every mentally unwell person is suicidal, obviously.

Like it or not, there's data that women are more at risk for self harming behaviour, and they're treated appropriately, but men are absolutely seen and treated as the bigger suicide risk. You just going "nuh uh, women get all the attention and are treated as bigger risks" doesn't make it the case, and any medical source will tell you that men are bigger suicide risks. Look it up if you don't believe me, its a factor in risk assessments.
>>
>>28477654
Women "attempt" suicide whereas men tend to either completely destroy themselves in a manner which an ambulance to emergency would be a fucking waste of time, or stretch that suffering over a long period of time and essentially kill themselves from the inside out, often with alcohol. They tend to take actions which do not illicit awareness of their suffering by others. Women tend to make sure everyone else around is aware of their pain. There are very well understood biological reasons for this adapted behavioural differences between men and women. For starters, men who are highly "vocal" about their "weaknesses" aren't the sort of males who tended to pass on their genes.
>>
>>28478502
Fuck off with your buzzwords, /pol/tard.
Why can't you fagets stay in your own fucking containment board?
>>
>>28478517

>I'm talking about psychiatric wards, genius, why would I talk about GPs when we're talking about mental health?

We were talking about suicide attempts and so on. We're both in Australia. and in Australia if you attempt suicide or self-harm, you're not going to be admitted to a psych ward immediately - you're going to the emergency room. Psychiatric wards don't take people who're physically harmed in an immediate sense. Besides, psychiatric wards, mental health hospitals, etc treat women as more at risk of men in general, in part because of this lie that more women attempt. If more women attempt, then obviously they are more in need of psychiatric help and assistance. I'm not saying this based on ideology, but on an experience and awareness of policy within hospitals and psych treatment. Look at the domestic violence industry - women are promoted as at significantly greater risk than men, so women are given all the resources while men are given practically none (pic related). Do you have any examples of priority being given to males in suicide treatment because of their higher risk of successful suicide? Show me.

cont...
>>
>>28478400
she might have just purchased it, she might have taken it somewhere several weeks ago and forgotten it in her purse.
she might have non-lethal cuts all over her stomach and thighs perpetrated by the knife.
it's clearly no one's choice for a suicide weapon.

>>28478502
this >>28478590
depression and other mental illness aren't immoral, but you can keep shitposting all you like.
>>
>>28478517
>>28478737

...cont

>you're just going to twist it to fit some narrative where men are totally oppressed, even in the mental health system, which just isn't the case.

I'm not saying men are 'totally' oppressed - I'm saying that gynocetrism downplays male suffering while elevating female suffering, and the widespread lie about "women attempt 4x more than men" is an aspect of this. That's all.

>Like it or not, there's data that women are more at risk for self harming behaviour, and they're treated appropriately, but men are absolutely seen and treated as the bigger suicide risk. You just going "nuh uh, women get all the attention and are treated as bigger risks" doesn't make it the case, and any medical source will tell you that men are bigger suicide risks. Look it up if you don't believe me, its a factor in risk assessments.

I'm aware that men are seen as the bigger suicide risk, I'm not denying this. But men being seen as at greater risk of suicide doesn't affect very much when it comes to policy. I'm saying that the lie about females attempting more is a major factor in women getting more spent on mental health programs and on mental health policy, while the actual issue of male suicide and the issues that contribute to it are downplayed as result.
>>
daily reminder that if you beg for attention to your "muh depression" to anyone but a licensed therapist you are pathetic and selfish
>>
>>28478737
You can get admitted into a psych ward without being an immediate risk,they do organised entries for people that may become immediate risks in the near future.

You're not basing this on policy, and I cant link you, but look upany risk of suicide assessment, and being male is a factor. Literally any one will mention it.

I'm not interested in having this discussion if you're just going to keep going nuh uh everytime I make a claim based in fact, on topics you evidently know very little about, based not only on your views of whosat risk, but also that you think psych ward are immediate entry from emergency rooms and pecc units only.
>>
>>28478830

>You can get admitted into a psych ward without being an immediate risk,they do organised entries for people that may become immediate risks in the near future.

Yes, I understand this, a person with depression or bipolar or other issues that might indicate the possibility to self-harm can be admitted to a psych ward. But a person who has just cut him/herself, unless already in a psych ward\hospital - is going to turn up first at an emergency room at a hospital, aren't they? A person who has successfully committed suicide is going to be taken to the coroner's office, not a psych ward\hospital. Because the idea that "men successfully commit suicide more often, but women ATTEMPT it more" is so widespread, psych wards, psychologists, counselling, mental health services, etc will naturally focus their efforts where they can have the most impact - on cases where people have not YET committed suicide, on those who are more likely to attempt it. Don't you agree that if the claim is true, it makes more sense to prioritise women?? This is what happens. My issue is that the claim is a lie.

>You're not basing this on policy, and I cant link you, but look upany risk of suicide assessment, and being male is a factor. Literally any one will mention it.

Not sure what you're saying here. If a doctor\psychologist is assessing an individual patient, gender is not going to be a major issue - they will be looking at how they person behaves and feels specifically. They're especially going to be interested if someone has attempted suicide in the past. This is essentially genderless. What I'm pointing to is the wider issue of how policy is set on funding for preventative measures and attention, etc. It's like female cancers - more is spent on them than male issues, even when more men die.
>>
>>28478795

>paying for someone to give you normie advice
>>
>>28479056
>i'd rather get something fixed by a random dude on the street than a professional
no fucking wonder you people are depressed.
>>
File: Tetsuo-The-Iron-Man-Blu-ray.jpg (190 KB, 1342x1009) Image search: [Google]
Tetsuo-The-Iron-Man-Blu-ray.jpg
190 KB, 1342x1009
Cutting in that specific way won't kill a person, however I have a related question: could it possibly fuck up with your wrist tendons?
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.