[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who /vagrant/ here? after 5 years of NEET life and lots of verbal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11
File: Haida-Gwaii-Evening-Shore.jpg (269 KB, 940x469) Image search: [Google]
Haida-Gwaii-Evening-Shore.jpg
269 KB, 940x469
who /vagrant/ here?
after 5 years of NEET life and lots of verbal abuse from family i gave up on the "get a job" meme, sold all of my shit and left. the last year of my life has been spent wandering around the rainforests of haida gwaii. i've met a lot of interesting people and learned a lot about botany, mycology, bushcraft and wilderness survival in general. the other night i turned in for the night on a beach just like pic related and watched the sun disappear over the horizon. i plan on taking a boat to southeast alaska and losing myself somewhere in the tongass national forest for a while. i wouldn't trade this life for anything
>>
File: haidagwaiimoss.jpg (147 KB, 651x434) Image search: [Google]
haidagwaiimoss.jpg
147 KB, 651x434
everything is covered in thick, spongy moss. you can make a bed just about anywhere. the rivers are rich with salmon, and there are mushrooms everywhere. the villagers are friendly and generous and love to trade
>>
>>28456469
Im constantly on the verge of doing this. Please anon, if you really are doing this, tell me how i can start this NOW. You know the struggle.
>>
File: haidatotems.jpg (282 KB, 990x530) Image search: [Google]
haidatotems.jpg
282 KB, 990x530
if you're a rock bottom NEET with nothing to lose, i recommend abolishing your fears and just doing it. life is short, too short to be timid, fortune favors the bold. modern society is cancer
>>
>>28456607
What would you advise as a place to start this journey ?
>>
File: haidagwaiimap.jpg (254 KB, 1218x827) Image search: [Google]
haidagwaiimap.jpg
254 KB, 1218x827
>>28456531
in the months leading up to my departure i used the pirate bay and downloaded a lot of ebooks concerning wilderness survival in general. the hardest part about it is leaving, getting started. it took a few attempts to leave, once i was gone for a day and experience that true freedom of no commitment whatsoever i was hooked. i think shit is going to hit the fan soon and once it happens, escaping the mainland is going to be hard.
>>
File: haida_gwaii.jpg (663 KB, 1192x800) Image search: [Google]
haida_gwaii.jpg
663 KB, 1192x800
>>28456715
the pacific northwest is beautiful, many millions of acres of temperate rainforest. haida gwaii is an archipelago considered to be the galapagos of canada
>>
File: haidagwaii.jpg (648 KB, 1600x901) Image search: [Google]
haidagwaii.jpg
648 KB, 1600x901
i intend to be buried in haida gwaii one day, my corpse will supplement the rainforest and my bones will be covered in a thick moss. i feel so at home here. if you're a stoner a lot of the locals are friendly towards people who smoke and people who take psychedelic mushrooms, the soil is incredibly nutrient rich because it's volcanic and the weather is always mild, never too hot or cold. it rarely snows
>>
>>28456531
i think i can help you, email me
jewsdid1776 at gmail dot com

the name's a meme, i'm not a nazi honeypot or anything i sware
>>
File: haidagwaiilangara.jpg (74 KB, 580x385) Image search: [Google]
haidagwaiilangara.jpg
74 KB, 580x385
a life of adventure is waiting for you and all you need to do is take the first few steps, the rest will come naturally if you live in the present moment. not dwelling in the past, not anxious of the future. i don't regret a second of this
>>
>>28456469

how do you afford stuff? Do odd jobs or what?
>>
>>28457011
I will do that tomorrow.
Thank you. I mean it. I can connect to what you say so deeply, and i think now will be the time for me.
>>
i've actually been working towards doing something like this

sold a lot of stuff and already have $2k. i just need some comfy, durable boots and i'm set.

the problem is i live in montreal and there's no place nearby that is always mild. if i go cross country i'll probably die in a matter of weeks.
>>
>>28457124
i grow almost everything i eat, i also trade things i forage, grow, and also things i craft in my downtime. i don't really buy things however unless absolutely necessary
>>28457152
take a plane to british columbia bro. east canada is a freezing hell
>>
if my mum ever kicks me out this is what i'll probably do
>>
>>28457152

Can you hitch hike across canada or is it too sparse?

If hitchhiking in canada isn't so easy you can try coming down to the USA, hitchhiking across it, and going back up to canada.

You can crash at my place if you make it to idaho.
>>
>>28456469
I'm going to be a homeless vagrant in a couple months.

I can't wait to be shitting in ditches and stealing food from walmart.
>>
>>28457240
use your time wisely and you can take a plane somewhere more wild with more free natural resources. don't live on the fringes of society, live in a big forest
>>
Can you prove it, OP?

It's something I want to do, but I don't if it's really possible, so if you could prove me you're telling the truth, I would know it's possible.
>>
File: copperbayhaidagwaii.jpg (89 KB, 554x332) Image search: [Google]
copperbayhaidagwaii.jpg
89 KB, 554x332
>>28457349
i'm posting from a friends phone, i don't own any technology whatsoever so i don't have any pictures other than what's on the internet. how would i prove it to you? i don't have any tangible proof other than stories of my experiences
>>
>>28457436
You could just take a pic of your pack. I kind of want to see what kind of kit you have.
I actually live in the Yukon, not far from SE Alaska, and I've been toying with the idea of doing something similar this summer.
>>
>>28457200
>take a plane to british columbia bro. east canada is a freezing hell

the plan is to sell more stuff, wait until it gets warmer, buy a cheap motorcycle and just travel all over north america, settling in warmer regions during winter. i don't actually care if i die.

always dreamed of doing something like this, too bad i have no friends to do it with.

>>28457210
it's not the sparseness, it's the drabness of central canada that's off-putting for me. i probably will cross into the US at some point.
>>
>>28457518
i don't carry a bag or anything. i had a bag with some gear on me when i first started out and eventually ditched it and started leaving caches with tools i might need in them. i was tired of having a bag within a week
>>
File: top squint.jpg (43 KB, 441x519) Image search: [Google]
top squint.jpg
43 KB, 441x519
>>28457200
>grow things
>as a vagrant
>>
>>28456469
and he's still shitposting on 4chan
>>
>>28457596
SO
TAKE
A
PIC
OF
SOMETHING
ELSE

use your imagination
>>
Why not go together anons ? I will take the plane tomorrow. Im serious.
>>
>>28456469
The adventure seems fun, but I would prefer death right now desu, I've lost the energy to do anything
>>
>>28457614
it's not hard to plant something and leave. i've lived on the same island cluster for a year. i put seeds in the ground and the next time i come around theyve sprouted. i've planted 500 seeds or more since i've started, many of which just end up being eaten by deer. i've actually developed a technique where i hollow out parts of large tree branches off of the forest floor away from them, where i place soil and drop a seed in. it actually works
>>
anyone else in australia planning to do something like this?
>>
>>28457670
want me to take a picture of the bar i'm in? lol
like i said i'm on a friends phone. should i just leave with her phone and go around taking pictures?
>>
>>28456469
lol fag. the last place anyone would "on the beach of a rain forest" would want to be is on this shit site. fake fake fake fake.
>>
>>28457696
that's pretty cool. how do you decide what to plant? is it always native? im planning on doing something with my life that involves various degrees of haphazard self sustenance
>>
Sounds fishy af tbqh

Take a pic of your friend & you, or just you, something that says you're actually a vagrant
>>
>>28457772
i was NEET for five years and all of high school and guess where i spent most of my time?
shitposting like you
>>28457773
i've planted a lot of green onions, cucumbers, i've stuck sticks in the ground and planted pole beans, tomatoes, i've even tried growing mushrooms in rotten stumps and in some small caves with some success
>>
As someone with years of wilderness, gardening and Pacific Northwest experience, this sounds a bit silly.
It's like what a kid from Seattle or some other city would imagine living in the bush is like.
>>
File: 1343951098404.jpg (32 KB, 542x542) Image search: [Google]
1343951098404.jpg
32 KB, 542x542
>>28457879
>these plants
>those temperatures
>>
File: cdewrgt.jpg (57 KB, 528x960) Image search: [Google]
cdewrgt.jpg
57 KB, 528x960
>>28457868
here's the best i can do, she doesn't want me uploading pictures of her on the internet and i don't blame her
>>
>>28457908
not everyone's experience is the same. i didn't want to wait and have to spend a huge chunk of money on buying land that i'd have to return to every night and take care of
>>
>>28458052
nice try fag. this was a pathetic meme attempt the first time, it isnt going to work even if you peddle it a second time
>>
>>28458240
the first time? what do you mean
>>
OP is faggot bait but I have been considering hitch hiking to the west coast from Ohio
>>
>>28458422
OP here, when i was NEET i lived in ohio, what part are you from?
>>
>>28458513
Close to Dayton
>>
>>28458683
interesting, i lived about 30 minutes northeast of cleveland
>>
>>28456469
You're going to die alone in the woods.
>>
>>28456469
Yeah...I dont buy it. How are you posting on the internets?
>>
>>28458788
What a beautiful way that would be to go.
>>
>>28458788
better than dying alone on the streets
>>28458842
scroll up a bit, i'm using a friends phone. staying the night at her house and taking a ferry to the mainland in the morning
>>
>>28457200
berry picker as fuck
>>
>>28458882
Ok a few things OP.
1.Are you getting laid? This "friend" you're staying with? or someone else?

2. How do you wipe your ass? Brush your teeth? that sort of thing.
>>
>>28457672
sup anon i know it's crazy and i dont normally do this but
http://steamcommunity.com/id/butthole9
>>
>>28459039
1.Are you getting laid? sometimes, i've gone to some bonfires and have been invited back to a girls tent for sex, i've also fucked a girl on her boat

>This "friend" you're staying with? or someone else? i only met her yesterday and i'm leaving the island for a while tomorrow so i doubt anything will happen there, i'm not going to try because i don't want things to be weird for her

2. How do you wipe your ass?
moss. it's literally everywhere you walk

>Brush your teeth?
i don't eat a lot of sugar and nothing gets caught in my teeth when i eat anymore, perks of being away from manmade processed junk
>>
>>28459178
>not just taking a dip and rinsing out the cracks
>>
>>28459213
>cracks
How many buttocks do you have, exactly?
>>
Hey Anon I used to live in Port Clements. Where on the islands are you? Been to Mosquito lake? Most places you mention sound more north. I got so excited to see Haida Gwaii mentioned on r9k. Pls respond
>>
>>28459238
i have one buttcrack but seeing as i cant see my butt i'm not sure how many cracks there are
>>
>>28459285
i've been to langara island, gwaii haanas, and pretty much everywhere between. trekked through a lot of swamps i've been to moresby island but haven't been to mosquito lake, i heard it was beautiful. i'm currently in queen charlotte with my friend because tomorrow i'll be taking the ferry to prince rupert.
>>
>>28459396
Where will you go once you reach Prince Rupert?
>>
>>28459396
Cool cool senpai.
Bit of a reach but you know a Mr MacLean or a tall guy named Dylan, probablt with a bushy beard?
>>
>>28459524
i plan on doing some wandering around the great bear rainforest. i would love to see a spirit bear
>>28459697
it's weird that its possible that i've seen either of those two at some point and wouldnt know it, but no
>>
>>28457725

Im trained in survival skills and bushcraft.
Its a good idea but it not very sustainable.

Sure you can live off the land for a very long period of time, but if you break a bone you're pretty much stuffed.

Not to mention you have to get essential gear before setting off. Id suggest working your way up.
>>
>>28459774
Shame. They were cool. Enjoy being a vagrant man.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.