[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /r9k/ think of Robert Crumb? His illustrations are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7
File: robertcrumb2.jpg (553 KB, 640x820) Image search: [Google]
robertcrumb2.jpg
553 KB, 640x820
What does /r9k/ think of Robert Crumb? His illustrations are definitely the works of a robot.
>>
Posting more crumb material for unfamiliars
>>
File: joXcB.jpg (407 KB, 720x1062) Image search: [Google]
joXcB.jpg
407 KB, 720x1062
One of my favorites, I always enjoyed his morbidity when it's expressed in more subtle forms
>>
File: rcrumbsketch5.jpg (127 KB, 830x552) Image search: [Google]
rcrumbsketch5.jpg
127 KB, 830x552
Some of my favorites are his more personal sketches/illustrations that generally express his loathing of well-adjusted individuals, a recurring theme in his later work
>>
File: heart.gif (68 KB, 475x187) Image search: [Google]
heart.gif
68 KB, 475x187
I also have no idea how he managed to get people to consistently publish some of the things he drew.
>>
File: auoIZkD.jpg (70 KB, 427x419) Image search: [Google]
auoIZkD.jpg
70 KB, 427x419
There's actually a few comics he wrote where I think he admitted to sexually assaulting a few women in the 60s.
>>
>>28453452
The documentary about him and his family was amazing. His older brother who had bad sexual fantasies committed suicide and his mom hung comforters on the walls so people wouldn't read her mind. His little bro was a sex offender and swallowed cotton. Robert had interesting views on music and fashion. I highly recommend watching the documentary with a copy of maslow's hierarchy of need chart from wikipedia.
>>
>>28454326
>His little bro was a sex offender and swallowed cotton
wernt they long shoelaces ?
but yeah great doc.
>>
Didn't he have an obsession with women with huge asses?
>>
>>28454501
yup and decent artist
>>28454530
yup
>>
Why is everybody talking about him in the past tense? He is very much alive and still working.
>>
File: A1Nv53UAWoL.jpg (1 MB, 1628x2560) Image search: [Google]
A1Nv53UAWoL.jpg
1 MB, 1628x2560
reminds me of this guy desu
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.