[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gender bias
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8
File: tumblr_o6qcxjfh2P1tiubggo1_1280.jpg (299 KB, 1153x1281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6qcxjfh2P1tiubggo1_1280.jpg
299 KB, 1153x1281
So I 'hate' men and I'm a tumblirina from tumblr. I was told this is a good place to post about my issues because there are many people here who also share gender based bias.

In a nutshell I think they are crass and annoying. Their brutal nature makes me uncomfortable. It feels like they lack intellectual and emotional empathy. I can't stand people who possess dark triad traits and it feels like these are present in men much more often than in women. I don't talk to them and I feel no need to be around them. It feels unpleasant and uncomfortable to be looked at or talked to by one. I feel like they are obnoxious, distasteful, and lack social subtly as well as honesty. I feel like most competitive hobbies are giving into their primitive baser instincts. At the very center of my hate I feel fear that they are going to rape me because they lack fine or delicate empathy based discernment. These fears and bias go away in the presence of twink gay men, trans male to females, and extremely what you call 'beta' males who are soft and kind.

I'm in therapy but my therapist is a female and she basically thinks there's nothing wrong with only surrounding myself with exclusively female companions and is all about women going their own way.

What do you think?
>>
File: 1455409621517.jpg (120 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1455409621517.jpg
120 KB, 960x960
I think this is gonna be a good thread
>>
>>28366868
This isn't copy pasta, I'm the Original Poster and I will be lurking in this thread. Interested to see other view points. I apologize if my post was offensive it's all based on my subjective personal opinions which I thus far can't control.
>>
>>28366903
Me too. Neat, interesting, weird pic btw.
>>
Sorry, I didn't feel like reading your novel. I don't really hold a "gender bias" either.

What the fuck is a "dark triad trait?"
>>
File: image.jpg (6 KB, 125x115) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6 KB, 125x115
>So I 'hate' men and I'm a tumblirina from tumblr.

That's all I needed to hear
>>
>>28367010
It's personality traits that are present in psychopaths and sociopaths often:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_triad
>>
>>28367058
Guess I have all of those.

Sounds good to me. Now fuck off. We don't want you here.
>>
File: 1462495996472.png (360 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1462495996472.png
360 KB, 600x600
Geez, I'll bite the bait.
Its a bit strong to say you hate men.
>These fears and bias go away in the presence of twink gay men, trans male to females, and extremely what you call 'beta' males who are soft and kind.
/R9k/ is pretty much populated to the brim with betas, except they are bitter and depressed due to the lack of female attention they recieved in their lives. Or they are this way due to the females who lack empathy emotionally scarring them. So saying that you hate them is just asking for trouble, and in all honesty the men you described as hating don't exactly populate this board.
>>
>>28367058
-Narcissism is characterized by grandiosity, pride, egotism, and a lack of empathy.[9]

-Machiavellianism is characterized by manipulation and exploitation of others, a cynical disregard for morality, and a focus on self-interest and deception.[10]

-Psychopathy is characterized by enduring antisocial behavior, impulsivity, selfishness, callousness, and remorselessness.[11]
>>
fuck off landwhale feminist ejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejeje saged
>>
This thread will get 300 replies only because of "im a female guyz AMA!!!"

Fucking cancer
Both you and the faggots enabling
>>
>>28366868
So you hate Chads then? Why are you telling us this? We're all betas.
>>
>>28366868
>>28366903
>>28366911
>>28366935
>>28367010
>>28367045
>>28367058
>>28367079
>>28367080
>>28367087
>>28367092
>>28367113
>>28367115
Please shut the fuck up all of you, remember to sage or just leave this stupid ass thread alone.
>>
>>28367115
Then why do you stick up for Chad while he bangs your oneitis, like the cuck you are? Become a feminist then.
>>
>>28367080
>/R9k/ is pretty much populated to the brim with betas, except they are bitter and depressed due to the lack of female attention they recieved in their lives

Okay, I was probably wrong about what the word 'beta' meant then. I apologize. What I meant when I said 'beta' would be a man who's the opposite of bitter and hateful. Instead kind, sweet, emotionally enlightened, gentle, non-aggressive. I guess the biggest examples would be like Jesus and Buddha. They are examples of individuals who have radical kindness and love.

>the men you described as hating don't exactly populate this board.

But someone told me bitter and 'hateful' men populate this board. So that would be somewhat like what I described with the dark triad traits.
>>
>>28367162

tits or gtfo whore

sag
>>
File: 1459656976335.png (16 KB, 958x660) Image search: [Google]
1459656976335.png
16 KB, 958x660
>>28366868
so hold on, taking at face value that this is authentic

What you're claiming here, from my point of view, is that you cut men out of your social interactions based on a prejudicial decision that the super majority act in distasteful ways to you. The described gender based bias.

But in doing exactly that, you become the same thing on the opposite side. You've developed your own gender based bias, throwing a sweeping generalization on men without deliberately trying to find exceptions to your rule.

That seems like an extremely insular way of behaving, wholly intolerant of what is basically 50% of the population simply because of a judgement that you assert and allow others around you to reinforce.

You have some growing up to do, in my opinion.
>>
>>28366868

I thiiiiiinnnnkkk:

>ok.

Except I'm beta, crass, I have a brutal nature.. annnddd... that's about it.

you got two out of nine.

My turn?

In a walnut, I think they are vapid and gutless. It feels like they lack the kind of courage it takes to speak up and make their needs known, Instead they just go with whatever you choose and get passive-aggressive about it later. I talk to them, and have no real hatred or fear of them, however, I do recognize that loyalty and honor are foreign concepts to them-- Women are always looking for the bigger better deal, and will sell their loyalty to the highest bidder, like a mercenary.
>>
>>28367161
>Become a feminist then.
Why would I do that? They do not have my interests in mind. Feminists are not concerned with real issues that actually hurt men, such as infant circumcision or gender roles like how the man has to always approach the girl first and pay for dates, or shitting on short guys. They'd rather spend their time and effort on trivial things like scantily clad women in video games and conspiracy theories about how air conditioning is sexist.
>>
>>28367189
Original poster here, I agree with you actually, I brought up the same point to my therapist. She insists that in my case I shouldn't push myself to rid myself of my hateful feelings since in her opinion they are there for a good reason. Background: I was molested as a child by a man.
>>
>>28367221

You are aware that what you just wrote confirmed that you are a male poster right?
>>
I think this thread was an awful idea
>>
>>28367279
Original Poster here this post is not mine: >>28367221
>>
>>28367279
yes? I wasn't pretending to be female
>>
File: 1461975063848.jpg (125 KB, 684x766) Image search: [Google]
1461975063848.jpg
125 KB, 684x766
>>28367162
Well the men on this board were all of the things you described at one point. Unfortunately, due to women such as yourself assuming otherwise, or other cruel twists of fate they have become what they are now.
What you have basically entered is the graveyard of the very people you have described. Inhabited with restless spirits who cannot accept their mediocrity.
>>
>>28367308

You are also confirmed male
Good acting though, I'll save this pasta
>>
>>28366868
Who cares. If you don't like men then don't go near men.
I have the same view with black people, who commit crime on a statistically higher level, and fuck people who say personal safety and preferences are "problematic"
>>
>>28367322
>due to women such as yourself assuming otherwise, or other cruel twists of fate they have become what they are now.

The type of person that I admire and that I described wouldn't become bitter or hateful because they were hurt. That's why I fight so hard against my own hateful feelings and prejudice nature. I believe true innocence and love will stay positive and kind despite being hurt. That's why I'm worried about the lack of male presence in my life and my discomfort at gender as well as latent fear. Fear breeds hate.
>>
>>28367308
Why the fuck did you not respond to my post you whore?
>>
>>28367336
These posts aren't mine:
>>28367312
>>28367221
You can tell because I made this post at the same time:
>>28367272
As the post above it.
>>
File: 1462306510039.gif (1 MB, 299x258) Image search: [Google]
1462306510039.gif
1 MB, 299x258
>I hate 50% of the population of the world based on generalizations and hyperbole
kek

Keep going though, nice counterbalance to usual /r9k/ retardation
>>
>>28367272
It sounds like your therapist is actively sabotaging you.
>>
>>28367410
Yeah no fucking shit. I wasn't pretending to be OP. Idk why some retard thought I was. now respond to my goddamn posts you cunt
>>
>>28367427
Which ones do you want me to respond to?
>>
>>28367410

Yeah I was responding to your post not the posts you linked
>>
>>28366868
I have one question for you:
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

?
>>
>>28367460
Here >>28367221
Assuming that this >>28367161 was you
>>
>>28367381
Well thats quite the assumption, seeing as how the vast majority of men here fit your description.
The problem is, due to not looking attractive. Or being socially inept, they were constantly rejected, denied, and otherwise treated poorly by society. Combine that with the warped concept of privilege, which makes people treat them even worse due to their skin tones, gender, or sexual orientation. And eventually, after years of abuse and neglect, they lost the innocence and kindness they once had. While you may think the person you described could never fall from grace, its actually quite the opposite.
>>
>>28367416
She believes I haven't worked through emotions of anger, hate, and fear and that those are necessary for survival.
>>
>>28367505
Neither one of those posts were mine. Idk what a Chuck or oneitis is, or who Chad is.

>>28367523
Basically sounds a lot like me. Only maybe not fallen as far? Idk.
>>
>>28366868

I think that's OK.

My sister got molested too. She's a virgin at 25.

She expressly forbade me from going after them, bless her heart. Saved those boys alot of hurt. You try to hold your ideals above your personal feelings, and that makes you OK in my book. Just do your best, this world doesn't owe you shit, but that doesn't mean you can't make it a better place, for all of us.
>>
>>28367272
>I was molested as a child by a man.
Story tiem!
>>
>>28367272
>her opinion they are there for a good reason
there's a distinction here to make.
There's valid mistrust of a predator that forms the basis of the feelings.
However, when applied as absolute and behavior is modified to avoid contact with anyone who could fall in as being the valid predator, it stops being valid mistrust and turns into paranoia.

Taken to the max, that paranoia of a group that you perceive as threatening turns into hate based off of traits that you, deliberately or not, assign to that group that you hold paranoia towards.
It stops being paranoid fear and turns into persistent hostility from constant reaffirmation of negative traits.

It comes down to you to break that cycle of perception bias and deliberately look for something that disconfirms your bias.
>>
>>28367572

>You don't owe this world shit.

Is what I meant to say.
>>
>>28367567
Well, from what it sounds like; You fit the fembot desciption pretty well... only thing is you found Tumblr rather than /R9k/ to browse, I'd recommend you lurk more before posting.
>>
>>28366868
Get the fuck out and go back to tumblr. Dealing with people you dislike is a natural fucking behavior for 90% of the world, and it's why I put up with women.
Nice troll, now GTFO
>>
Pretty gud/10
Could be a tad subtler though.
>>
>>28367621
>It comes down to you to break that cycle of perception bias and deliberately look for something that disconfirms your bias.

This is a SO true.

It's why I don't hate women, despite all the shitty behaviour I've observed from them.

There's been plenty of positive females influences in my life. A cop who would come and visit me when things at home weren't going so well, a grandma down the street that taught me how to play dominoes, loving, generous sisters.
>>
>>28367572
Thank you for this post.

>>28367608
There isn't a whole lot more to tell. Well some people's molestation experiences were scary, mine wasn't blatantly scary because he groomed me. So bought me tons of gifts and was extra nice and things like that. I think that has made a difference with out subversive the trauma from is has been.

>>28367621
That's very true, thank you this was a very helpful thought.
>>
>>28366903
Opened the thread, saw this pic, realized what is was and laughed so hard I woke everyone in the house up.
Thanks
>>
>>28367697
...There could be positive male influences too though.
Such as your male relatives, teachers, vast majority of leaders, activists old and new, or even the men that support your causes.
>>
I dunno, I feel this works for everyone.
She doesn't talk to men, we don't have to talk to someone who inherently hates us. Win win.
>>
No way am I reading this whole thread. If anyone wants to add me on Skype and talk about their biases or whatever that's cool. Reply w/ Skype if so
>>
>>28366868
>my therapist is a female and she basically thinks there's nothing wrong with only surrounding myself with exclusively female companions
Your therapist thinks there's nothing wrong with feeling alienated from half of everyone in existence?
>>
File: motherfucker.jpg (39 KB, 500x510) Image search: [Google]
motherfucker.jpg
39 KB, 500x510
>>28367722

>Thank you for this post.

A-shiggy-diggy, you're welcome

I would like to challenge your notion of "male brutality"

You have an aversion to violence and aggression, so do alot of men--- but we can be undeniably brutal. For example, if my sister ever commits suicide as a result of molestation, those two fellas won't be alive for very long. There's nothing to stop me then, and it scares me, like it would you. The only thing holding me back is that it would invite darkness into her life (she's a devout christian.)
I'm filled with absolutely unceasing fiery hatred for those kids. Me and my sister are polar opposites and I'm glad for it.

but THAT is how deeply a man loves. Those kind of lengths are terrible to behold, no matter their origins.

The truth is, brutality is in everyone-- I've heard my sister in law walloping my brother, Been slapped and beat by women etc etc it's all good.

So I know violent people are mostly all shapes and sizes, and circumstantial (abused, they had a bad day, lost money, they're grieving) This is something useful to keep in mind, because it become apparent that people are more complex than just wanting to go out and hurt somebody. Maybe my sister-in-law caught my brother cheating? But I've never seen a woman beat someone like that. It was basically a street-fight.

Now us? passion and restraint are something we value. My sister-in-law does too. She's a very kind person, and a good one. She teaches grade two. But that didn't stop her from feeding my brother shots. He *IS* a cheater, I will reveal now.

But I bet he stopped after that.
>>
i think it's ridiculous to separate men and women like that - as two groups of people they do not act or think very differently even when taking into account their affection by agents of socialization

you do sound like a typical /r9k/ user though

you're probably not going to get over this and if you do it will be because you make a conscious effort to expose yourself to people who invalidate your assumptions (and you're open to have those assumptions challenged)

there's nothing wrong with surrounding yourself with only women if you don't mind having some core part of yourself remain hateful, but from your other posts in this thread it doesn't sound like this would be as good an option for you

i would argue that beliefs like this stem from tribalism and that the highly extremist echo chambers of places like /r9k/ or your subset of tumblr are constructed extreme versions of echo chambers, and as a result create some sort of extreme form of tribalism. obviously this is just conjecture and there are people who form these views to some extent without these sites, so it's not a whole explanation

i.e.: don't remain in spheres or in contact with people that share the trait you don't want to have
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.