[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your childhood neighbourhood
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Old_Sunset_Valley.jpg (436 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Old_Sunset_Valley.jpg
436 KB, 800x450
Tell me about your neighbourhood from when you were a kid. Any stories and such. Tell me about the people who lived there, anyone weird?

Mine:
>Next door to the left was an old man for a couple of years who never came out, until he died. Then a woman moved in. She used to always smile at me when she went out, I think to work.
>The next one down was a single mother and her two sons. I used to play with him sometimes, the other son was too young for me to play with at the time
>The next door down was an old couple
>The next door down was some overweight guy who never came out the house but always used to stand by the window and glare at me whenever I played down there.
>To the right of me next door was a single mother and her kid, we used to always play, almost daily. We got up to some shit.
>Next to them was an old woman who was friends with my mother, her grandson would visit him a lot and I'd play with him. He didn't like my other neighbour so I usually had to choose
>Next to them was a couple who was friends with that old woman and my mother but I obviously didnt talk to them much.
>Next to them was a family who I didn't associate with at all, neither did my mother. They had a daughter I think, but she was very young
>Then there were some fields a bunch of kids always played sports on
>>
>>28324035
>Over the road was a family that consisted of an mother and a father, a grandfather who'd sit out and smoke on a good day, smoke a ton too, and two daughters. I never knew them, they had their own friends.
>To the left of them was another single mother with a teenage son and another son who I played with like once.
>Next to them was a middle aged couple, the guy was a fat bald man who'd sit outside all day and the woman would always tell on me and my friend
>Next to them was an apartment complex, never knew anyone in it but people always seemed to move in and out. Nowadays it seems a lot shadier than it used to be
>To the right was a house who I didn't know who lived in it but they had a dog that wouldn't shut the fuck up. Even inside, he'd be by the window and bark.
>Next to them, I had no idea
>Next to them was a house that changed a lot. First was a family with a teenage son that apparently got into trouble a lot and played music a lot, then they moved away and a couple moved in with a dog, a dalmatian. It attacked me once, then they moved away, an old man moved in.

That was my street.
>>
>still live in my childhood neighborhood
>still sleep in my childhood twin-sized bed
>the car I drive is the car my mother drove when I was a child
>clothes I patched up and wore in middle school
>ten year old backpack
>same neighbors
>visit grandma on same days every week
>the dogs and cats die, but we always make sure there are two of each
>>
>>28324309
You had no kids on your street who ended up moving away while you remained there, in the same house?
>>
>next door was a guy who beat his wife and threw shit at the wall to keep us awake at night.
>at the other end of the street lived my friend and his big sister. I would often come over to play nintendo. They moved out eventually and I never saw them again.
That's all I remember. We moved to an adjacent town long ago.
>>
>>28324345
Our alley neighbor moved about twenty blocks away, I stayed best friends with him for a while but got spooked off when I realized he had a terminal illness.
>>
>>28324374
Thats depressing, what did he have? Also my old back yard is full of dead pets.
>>
>literal unpaved dirt road
>Across the street, insane shut-in old lady creepily obsessed with elvis, her brother came every few days to get her food
>Next door, working class old lady with a run down house, had a meth addict son who lived in a trailer in her backyard, and a dog who came into my yard all the time
>lonely old, retired guy lived closeby, owned most of the land behind my backyard
>Next door on other side some religious cult community, giant building looked like it was built in the 1800s with a bunch of trailers and houses around it, nobody ever knew anything about them and I was scared of them
>even farther down that a meth lab that blew up twice
>>
>>28324401
Is that what people do when their pets die? Why didn't you just burn them?
>>
Also my grandmother's street was primarily where a bunch of my friends were

>Next door to my grandmother was an elderly woman and her dog who was cool
>The other next door was another older woman who's grandkids visited her. I played with the eldest for a while but found myself having more in common with the youngest
>Then after them was a family with two sons, the eldest was my age, but his little brother always followed us around. He would always ask to see my dick.
>Also on the street was a kid who moved away
>Another ginger kid also moved away.
>There was also a girl who was a complete bitch and always made fun of me.
>>
I have memories from three neighbourhoods out of four or five I lived in when I was a kid.

First (ages 0-3):
>a rectangular 1-story apartment building with a common yard in the middle
>pretty cheap and low-quality
>the building had the following people in it:
>>family of a boy slightly older than me
>>family of a girl my age, I liked the girl
>>some woman who was probably mother's friend; right when you entered her home, there was a dark brown wooden cupboard/shelf thing in it
>>don't know the rest
>a similar building is across the street but still don't know much about it, except a woman with a family lived there and she took care of me sometimes

Second (ages 3-12):
>a semi-detached house, bigger and better than the previous home
>I think for some time the other half of the building was inhabited by a couple where the man was from England and only spoke English
>later the half was inhabited by a family which had a happy old man; once I accidentally kicked a ball to their yard, but they didn't mind, the man kicked it for a while by himself and then returned it
>across the street was I think a shopkeeper, his wife, and their son who was a few years older than me but I never played with him
>next to us was another semi-detached house, two older couples lived there, one of them was friends with my grandparents and we visited them maybe once
>in a corner of the street, there were people who briefly were friends with my parents, they had kids (don't know ages, maybe a bit older than me) but we didn't play together, I visited them once (with my parents) but parents visited them more
>in an intersection, there was a family with a boy 1 year younger than me, he became friends with my brother and I for a couple of years when I was 10
>at the other end of the street started from the intersection was a family with a girl 1 year older, a boy 1 year younger, and a boy 3 years younger; my brother and I were once friends with the boys until the older one became a bully

cont.
>>
>>28325537
cont.'d

>next door to friend-turned-bully lived a family with a kid slightly older than me, at least for some time he was friends with his neighbour, but I never really liked him and vice versa
>behind another corner lived a family with a boy 1 year younger and a boy 3 years younger than me, they were mostly friends with my brother and the older kid didn't like me until I was 11 or 12
>near the intersection mentioned in my previous post lived a woman who worked as a teaching assistant in my school
> if you went all the way down another street (not the friend/bully one) that started at the intersection, you would find two houses
>>the first one is a high-quality row or semi-detached house, there lived a family with kids slightly younger than me, brother and I were briefly friends with them until they moved away
>>the second one is a detached house which had a nice car but I don't know anything else about it
>there were also three playgrounds

Third (ages 12-19):
>detached house with a big yard
>to the left was a family with kids younger than me, didn't associate with them
>didn't know at first who was to the right, but later found out it was a middle-aged/oldish man who may or may not have had a wife, he worked hard around his house
>sort of next door from us is a row house
>>a family with little girls lived there for a couple of years after we moved in
>>also relatives of a girl from my class lived there, that's why she visited me a few times when we were 12-13
>across the street is another row house, it used to be full of life
>>little kids, teenagers, etc.
>>aunt and cousin who's slightly older than me lived there for some time until they moved to another row house on the same street
>>a kid from my class and his younger brother lived there when we were like 14-16, we weren't really friends at that point but he visited me a couple of times when we were 14; he would always sit in (his father's?) car and listen to music

cont.
>>
>>28325719
cont'd

>somewhere in the neighbourhood lived a kid much younger than me and his even younger brother, they tried to be friends with me and my brother when I was 13 but that didn't work out due to age gap
>there was also a family with three kids (2, 4, and maybe 9 years younger)
>>technically they lived in a different neighbourhood but there was a short-cut that connected the two neighbourhoods
>>brother and especially I were good friends with two of the older kids when I was 12-13, around 14 the friendship started to fade away and we haven't talked to each other since I was 16
>this neighbourhood had a playground and the one mentioned above also had one
>there were many other houses and people too but don't know or remember anything about them
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.