[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't forget to tip
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 17
File: image.png (477 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
477 KB, 750x1334
Friendly reminder famalamapatchizoids
>>
You get paid a salary just like everyone else. Stop being shills.
>>
>servers get paid minimum wage
>on top of this they get extra pure cash that is tax-free
>baawwwww bawww, people are so mean, they don't give me enough tax free gifts because I filled their water and carried a plate to them before dropping it angrily in front of them

kill yourself, if anything the people working in the back deserve the tips 10x as much as you do
>>
>his thread is about tipping waitresses/waiters
Who else read the picture and assumed it was a picture about hotlinking at first?
>>
File: 2499.jpg (33 KB, 360x293) Image search: [Google]
2499.jpg
33 KB, 360x293
I don't believe in tipping

You fucking peasant
>>
>>28311677
Tip is by definition optional.

If you expect a tip every time, it just becomes a wage, not a tip.

So either stop calling it a tip and call it properly instead, or stop expecting it.
>>
>>28311677
Get a better job then
Waiters are the most arrogant wagecucks out there
>>
>>28312261
I also read 'computer server', but I didn't think of hotlinking... using that picture as a hotlink substitute would be hilarious.
>>
>>28311816
Actually, servers get paid about a third of the standard minimum wage (in AMURRIKA).

If minimum wage is 8 dollars an hour, a server gets paid 2.50 or whatever. Thats why tipping exists.
>>
>>28311677
When I first read that image I thought it was referring to internet hosting serves what the fuck why am i so dumb
>>
>>28311727
>>28311816
>servers get maybe 20 hours of work a week
>they think thats livable without tips

You people have never worked at a restaurant have you
>>
>>28312507
I'm pretty sure thats illegal?
>>
File: 1447736263256.jpg (72 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1447736263256.jpg
72 KB, 600x600
What are the objective criteria that determines which jobs receive tips?

Oh, there are none? Hmm...
>>
>>28312591
nope not illegal since they get tips lmao
>>
>>28312507
Yet they are guaranteed 8 if they don't make per hour that amount including tips
That's the fact most waiters don't want you to know
>>
>>28312591
Nope, not for tipped work. Have you ever had a job in the USA before? Or at least had a friend who did?
>>
>>28312659
Yes, but they still make minimum wage.
Which pissed me off because I work for minimum wage but not in a service job so I don't get tips.
>>
>>28312507
>"If an employee's tips combined with the employer's direct wages of at least $2.13 an hour do not equal the Federal minimum hourly wage, the employer must make up the difference"

gg no re
>>
>>28311816
>tax-free
you are legally required to report tips. If you tell the gubment that you are a server and report 0 tips, you are opening your asshole up for a financial raping later on.
>>
of course r9k manboys are cheap classless fucks who don't tip. Typical.
>>
>>28312537
I have worked in the kitchen and made $8 an hour while the waitresses complained about making $6 an hour and only dragging in $100-$150 or so in tips a night

they made much more than me for less demanding work and still complained about it

>>28312507
>>28312621
>>28312659
>leaving out the part where the employer has to make up the difference if they make under minimum wage with tips
>>
>>28312507
Only in certain states.

Here in nevada servers can only be paid a dollar under our min wage last time I checked. Most aren't though.
>>
>>28312507

And the establishment is required by law to compensate them up to minimum wage if their tips earn them less than that.
>>
>>28312656
And so they end up making minimum wage for work that is objectively more difficult than your standard minimum wage job.
>>
>>28312463
>get a better job then
>implying literally no one should be a waiter because it's a bad job
>implying the entire restaurant industry should be destroyed because you have cranky fee-fees about paying 20% more than it said on the menu
>>
File: image.png (262 KB, 680x661) Image search: [Google]
image.png
262 KB, 680x661
>boss makes us pool tips
>give out terrible service
>very few costomers directly tip me, and even then it's only 5-10%
>still take home more tips than my wages because of tryhard fellow servers
>tfw supposed to be getting my table their lunch and shitposting instead
d'oh ho ho
>>
>>28312698
most states waiters can get paid a sub minimum wage. In NYC minimum wage is $10.50, while a server can be paid
$7.50 + tips.
>>
>>28312722

It's a job for burnouts and high school students. People complaining about not being able to support a family on minimum wage shouldnt be shitting out kids when they make less than 20K per year.
>>
>>28312696
most people who think waiters should earn more think kitchen staff should earn more too.

people ought not to have to struggle to pay for basics if they're working hard, even if it's a low job that requires almost no training.
>>
>>28312710
>>28312722
Any job in that kitchen is far more difficult than being a waiter
There are plenty of people who will do that job
If you're that entitled then find a job that pays better and fulfills your ego
>>
>>28312696
Don't get me wrong. I work in the kitchen myself and that kind of shit pissed me off as well. But you gotta think of the smaller places too.

I work in a family run joint now and my FoH senpai actually are hurt by lack of tipping.
>>
>>28312710
>more difficult
>writing down orders, filling drinks, and leaning against walls and texting people is hard work
>busboys, cooks, and everyone else doesn't get tips even though they do as much or more demanding work
you have a really high opinion of your job don't you?

>>28312765
they were dragging home like 15-20 dollars an hour as high school students while I made $8 and hour
how is that even reasonable at all?
cut out tips or make it pool between all employees
jesus christ, I went to university, got a stem degree from a good school, and I still only make about $20 an hour with no benefits
it pisses me off that high school girls make as much as I do for sitting around, wearing shirts with lots of cleavage, and texting their bf while they're supposed to be working
>>
So if waiters make so much in tips, why dont you become a waiter instead of bein a kitchen cuck?

Its easier like you said, right? Just switch jobs!
>>
>>28312760
if you think that every restaurant job in the world can be filled by high school students and/or that "burnouts" don't deserve to get paid for their work assuming that they're doing their jobs well, you are retarded.

people who can't afford kids shouldn't have kids, you're right about that, but that doesn't mean that you can just pay people any little bit you feel like and call it fair.

We need a stratified society, not an equal one... but the strata must not be so far apart from one another. There's an optimal divergence of quintiles to maximize productivity and happiness and we're so far beyond it it's unbelievable.

the lowest in our society may not be the most respectable people, but we need to pay them more at the expense of the highest or else problems and social decay wil accelerate. It's not even about the low people and their entitlement, it's about the whole society functioning.
>>
>>28312759
lol, most places in the midwest the minwage is 7.50 and servers make 2.50+tips. even worse many of those places have a communal tip system where anything that isn't cash is added to the pool and split between all servers (and managers) working those hours.
>>
I have to worst experience with women waitresses, and I am extremely fair, seeing as I work retail myself.

They see a single guy and don't give a shit about me, literally check on me once sometimes, and I need refills often so I tip them like 5% if they only check back a few times.
>>
>>28312856
yeah, but CoL. In the midwest rent on a 1br apt isn't $2,500 month.
>>
>>28312849
Waiters get by on looks.
Girls with big jugs get 40% more than girls with small jugs for instance.
>>
>>28312849
I didn't at the time because there was a rule at my job that only women could be waitresses
men had to be busboys or work in the kitchen unless they were managers

it pissed me off to no end because they were getting paid about double what I was for being young and pretty
>>
>>28311677
I know you dot work for free. You are paid by your employer -- minimum wage because you do minimum effort. Sorry.

Shelf stickers are worth more than you.
>>
I tip 20+%.

Stop being cheap fucks.

Being a cool guy comes back to you in the end.
>>
>>28311677

Why don't they just demand a real wage instead of being a piece of shit?
>>
>>28312916
Everyone gets by on looks. Tall men are hired for managerial positions more than short men. The taller candidate almost always wins the presidency. More attractive people are hired preferentially.

You don't think that looks only benefit people in certain areas of society, do you? All of life is like high school popularity contests. The only thing that changes is that people learn to hide it when they're judging your appearance.
>>
>>28312948
>more
We're not talking a small amount here.
In the personal service industry looks are massive.
What makes a high end prostitute high end? Sure isn't some PISA score on sucking dick.
>>
>>28312852

Why are you implying servers don't get paid for their work? They earn minimum wage. It's a minimum wage job. Yet for some reason that's not acceptable.

And better yet, rather than complain to the industry or their employers they put the fictional burden of not getting paid on the customers rather than the people actually paying them.

That sure makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>28311677
>I AM A SERVER
I keep reading this in the sense of an internet server. Who calls themselves a server? You're a waiter/waitress, or busboy, or bartender, or whatever else. Who the fuck says "server"? Are you a cabin boy?
>>
File: pepse.jpg (27 KB, 495x495) Image search: [Google]
pepse.jpg
27 KB, 495x495
>tfw live in a country where tipping is not the norm

feels

good

famalamadingdong
>>
>>28313072

I always saw server as a catch-all term for all of the positions you listed.
>>
If I'm paying your employees for you, why am I not getting a cut of the profits? Why do the employees not work for me if I'm paying their wages? Should I be paying your kid's tuition too? I have my own bills, you know.
>>
Want more money for those bills? Develop some in-demand skills and get a better job.

I'm not obligated to subsidize your lack of valuable skills or education.
>>
>>28313093

poo in loo bitch
>>
>>28313059
Employers can only do so much. The profit from the restaurant industry is tiny as fuck and the business itself has a high failure rate

And if you have people bitch about food cost being too high on yelp or some shit then guess what? The entire buisness starts to fall and everyone is fucked.
>>
>>28313072
Industry has decided to switch to gender neutral terms I guess.
>>
>>28313135
How does any of this make paying the server my responsibility?
>>
>>28311677
I live in Europe where people aren't minimally compensated for the chance to receive tips. They actually get paid a livable wage here. Get your shit together, burgers. You are picking up the boss's tab for him.
>>
File: mr pink.jpg (39 KB, 550x309) Image search: [Google]
mr pink.jpg
39 KB, 550x309
>>28311677
I don't tip.
>>
>>28313059
In the US they get paid a sub-minimum wage.

In the US, it's customary to tip at least 15% for adequate service.

Not tipping is for nogs, and cheap fucks who shouldn't be a part of proper society.

disagreeing with the system is fine, but taking it out on the servers is fucking low class move.
>>
>>28313059
minimum wage is no longer enough to live a dignified life in this country. Anyone who works ought to be afforded a dignified life.

Tipping is fucking stupid, you're right. But do you know how hard it's going to be to break the national habit of underpaying waiters and tipping them to compensate? It's a part of our culture.

Restaurants should pay waiters and kitchen staff enough to live on and include the increased expenses in the food prices. I live next door to a restaurant that does this, but it's a very expensive prix-fixe place. It will take a lot of time to get all the restaurants in the country to follow suit.

Until that happens, tip your waiters. They're counting on it to make it by and they're working their asses off to take care of the dining experiences of a huge number of people at once.
>>
>>28313177
In the US it is the employer's responsibility to top you up to minimum wage if you don't reach it. It is not my responsibility to pay your employees and the system is not going to get changed by just going along with it.
>>
>>28311677
She could get a tip of this dick
>>
>>28313163
It doesn't. I'm just saying your "solution" has no actual thought or consideration behind it.

Employers can't usually pay more without their business failing or being broke themselves. Cheapo customers like you bitch about having to tip. There isn't much that can be done.
>>
>>28313135

Yet somehow, every country but the US manages to have a restaurant industry without tipping.
>>
>>28312742
This is why communism will never work

oc
>>
>>28313214
If you want to act like a nog, you'll get treated like a nog. Stay out of society than you cheap fuck.
>>
>>28313214
Then don't go to restaurants.

What the fuck is wrong with people like you?
>>
>>28313228
That wasn't my solution. I did not post >>28313059

I posted >>28313119

>Employers can't usually pay more without their business failing or being broke themselves.
Not my problem.
>Cheapo customers like you bitch about having to tip.
Did it maybe occur to you that I can't tip? Like everyone who doesn't tip is a fucking CEO? I make bare minimum wage. I don't even get 40 hours a week. In about a month my job is going away because the only employer I could find with my medical condition drops employees the moment they hit 90 days. Even if it was my job to pay your employees, I can't afford to. I can't even afford to go out for dinner unless someone else is paying. I live on 30 cent cups of soup and obscene amounts of cheap chili powder so it has a taste.
>>28313270
>act like a nog
You know what's acting like a nog?
Begging for money. That's what you're doing. You're begging. "Please massa gives me just five dolla I gots kids to feed massa I can'ts live on miminums wage massa!"
>>
>>28313228
Exactly. If you can't afford to tip like a decent human being, you can't afford to eat out.
>>
I work on a farm and earn 8 bucks in hour and I'd be damned before anyone gave me a tip.

It's not my fault your employer decides to shift labor costs over to its customers. And that you work a shitty job where you suck up to people all day for money.
>>
File: 1445267207152.jpg (184 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1445267207152.jpg
184 KB, 500x500
>>28313270

>mfw a servercuck tried to get an attitude with me like this and immediately bitched out and did a 180 when I asked to see his manager

You servercucks think you have some kind of power over me because you bring me my food and drink, like a fucking servant. You are an unskilled, disposable peon and one complaint from me to your manager could ruin your fucking life. Do NOT fuck with me.
>>
>>28313267
Sucks because I would work so much harder if I was paid more fairly, I am conscientious of that shit, for example get paid minimum I do the minimum.
>>
>>28313289
See, this attitude is a lot of why I don't tip. You're so fucking KEKED by the restaurant owners. You're asking "why doesn't he pay for someone else's worker?" not "why isn't the restaurant owner paying a better wage?" Cucked is the perfect word here, because you just accept that that's how it is and let the owner fuck you. You're a financial cuckold.
>>
>>28313291
>You know what's acting like a nog?
black don't tip. that's why blacks get shit service. that's why taxis don't pick up even professional looking blacks.
>>
>>28313228
someone who notices that the concept of tipping is stupid ==/==> someone who doesn't tip
>>
>>28313312
dude, if you're a cheap fuck who doesn't tip, my manager gives two fucks about your opinion. He doesn't want you there either.
>>
>>28313328
Blacks also don't work. They beg for money instead of trying to improve their station in life. They beg and complain about the man. Kind of like servers. You want better wages, that's on your boss, not on me.
>>
>>28313289
WAHHHH why doesn't everyone just submit to my bullshit American concepts
>>
>>28312487
I read it as computer server, and I thought it was a meme about tumblrite servers being equal to normal people for a sec. Then I realized it was serious after I read "I have bills" and I stopped laughing.
>>
File: images (8)-1.jpg (15 KB, 152x143) Image search: [Google]
images (8)-1.jpg
15 KB, 152x143
1. If waiters do not make at least minimum wage in tips, their boss is legally required to reimburse them so they meet that amount.
2. It is not my responsibility, as a customer, to subsidize your income. You have a problem with your paycheck? Find a different job or take it up with your boss. Don't bother me.
3. Many waiters do not pay any taxes on their tips and wind up saving a lot of money as a result.
4. Nothing you people do is deserving of a tip in any way, shape, or form. If I could bring my own place to the table and fill up my own drink every twenty minutes, I gladly would. You are not the reason I come to the restaurant, the food is. If anyone is deserving of a tip, it's the cooks.
5. Tipping is not optional, it's blackmail. If I don't tip, I get shamed on social media and get dirty looks from the staff at best, and get my food fucked with at worst. It's extortion, plain and simple.
6. A monkey could do your job with proper training. You are utterly fucking useless and should just kill yourselves.

Fuck waiters and fuck the people that defend them.
>>
>>28313317
Dude, I'm not looking for some loophole to save a few bucks.

i'm not worried about getting 'cucked' or whatever retarded meme you manchildren take seriously.

i'm simply abiding by the unwritten rules of society and behaving with some class.

it's hilarious that cheap fucks who don't tip think they're saving money. It's costing you money in the end retards. Your reputation is worth more than a couple bucks.
>>
>>28313408
>Unwritten rules of society
should read
>Unwritten rules of American society
>>
>>28313361
When in America you do.

When I'm not in America I adhere to the customs of the place I'm at.

How retarded are some of you?

And you wonder why you can't get laid. Smh.
>>
>>28313350
Lmao, who pays for his business if no one is wanted there?

The customer is always right ya cuckold.
>>
>>28311677
>pay internet bills
>pay for the whole fucking case with the needed equipment so it can work
>it still asks for more money

I HATE THIS FUCKING NEW AI!
>>
>>28313433
Have fun being a little sheep and letting people walk all over you because of "tradition". To be fair, I don't go out to dinner because I know how to feed myself and don't like sitting much.

>And you wonder why you can't get laid. Smh.
Nice projection.
>>
File: server-b.jpg (406 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
server-b.jpg
406 KB, 1920x1080
I AM CONFUS
>>
>>28313512
I thought the same
I thought it was like the PMs that horriblesubs and other places send to you if you're labeled a "leecher" asking for money
>>
>>28313447
dude, I work at a hip upscale resteraunt.

people who don't tip are lowclas.

We don't want those kind of people. My manager doesn't give two fucks about what some autistic libertarian's 2 cents about the custom of tipping is. We don't want those people's business. they should go to like Applebee's or wherever it is flyover state lowlifes eat.
>>
Well I don't really eat out.
>>
Tipping is well and good, but tipping the waiter by percentage of the meal's cost is absolutely retarded.
You carry a plate, you ask if I need anything else a couple times, and you clean the table when I leave. Whether it's nachos or a big steak on the plate doesn't matter in the reward you deserve; your professionalism, attentiveness, time spent on me, and friendliness matter.
>>
I don't tip women. I love getting a server who's a cumdumpster so I can write that sweet $0.00 on the tip line.
>>
>Works all day, forced to serve and be corteous to dozens of people he hates on the inside
>Depends on these people he hates to pay his wage because Goldstein doesn't want to, and he's too afraid to stand up to him
>Instead of doing anything to rectify this situation, he goes on the Internet at night to anonymously cry about how bad his situation is, and to beg these people he hates to tip him more so he can continue to sustain his meager existence
Is there a group of people that are cucked harder than servers?
>>
just do a good job and get a good tip.
>>
>>28313237
because they charge much more for their food
>>
>>28313328

Wait, what? You tip fucking taxis?
>>
>>28313600
>hip upscale restaurant

Sounds like something yuppies go to because they have no other activity other than eating as an excuse to be around other people and to escape their empty lives. All I can think of is Patrick Bateman and Dorsia.
>>
>>28313628
that's usually to scale how much they might be doing

So if its just one guy yeah thats no problem a small tip is fine. But if you're taking care of a party of 15 or something then yeah, scaling by meal cost is fair because you're doing a lot more
>>
Never tip the hot young waitresses, I'm convinced they're the biggest stacies of all time. I always have to hold in my laughter when I see them getting hit on by guys eating out, like dude you have no fucking clue she has a boyfriend and like 5 guys on back up waiting to fuck her, she's just being nice because she wants that tip money. That phone number you're about to leave her is going straight in the trash, believe me I've seen it working restaurants my friend. The older women though they have it tough, I'll tip them.
>>
>>28313711
Of course. 20%.

Again, I'm not a nog. I don't behave like a nog.
>>
>>28313724
Yep. It's the kind of place successful people go to. Successful people tip. Most of the time, they tip well.

Do you even bother to put on your dress cargos before you go to Applebee's and act like a cheap autistic retard?
>>
>>28313808
Depends who you are fampai. I've successfully picked up both waitresses and bartenders.
>>
File: 1461904774681.png (40 KB, 373x318) Image search: [Google]
1461904774681.png
40 KB, 373x318
>>28313808
>be BoH at some hipster japanese joint
>regularly hear the waitresses talk to me about how creepy or weird some of the customers are
>"ughh this weirdo tried to like hug me and stuff!"
>"LOL THESE OTAKU NERDS ARE PLAYING YUGIOH HERE WTF xD"

You are actually right to assume this.
>>
>>28313852
Chill, Bateman. No one cares about your new business cards.
>>
File: image.jpg (6 KB, 125x115) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6 KB, 125x115
>>28311677
>waaa give me more money
>waaa I don't want to

Just hunt for your own goddamn food and quit complaining
>>
>>28311677
I don't tip any more than rounding up to the next full bill.

We pay our servers an acceptable wage around here and I pay them to take the fucking change off my hands.
>>
File: 4mages.jpg (2 KB, 97x96) Image search: [Google]
4mages.jpg
2 KB, 97x96
Is there anything more neckbeard than going to a restaurant, and then taking the approach that the server is 'begging' you for money? Just Smh.
>>
>>28312507

This meme has to die it's simply not true
>>
>>28312710

Fuck off the poor schlub working at McDonald's does more work than a server
>>
>>28313724

Nobody goes to Dorsia anymore
>>
>>28314603
Yeah great, with your way, the next time I go out to dinner I'll be served by a 300lb nog women who doesn't give 1/2 a fuck. Terrific.

You get what you pay for manboys.
>>
>>28312945
Some argue that raising the min wage puts pressure on the job market as hospitality isn't a very profitable industry

Raising wages means dropping staff to afford it; less people get to work and those who are working have to compensate for the lack of extra hands

Makes it harder for the unemployed to find work
>>
>>28313396
Hows the neet life?
>>
Lmao at these bottom of the barrel wagecucks getting assblasted
>>
>>28311677

live in a country where the minimum wage is enough to live on.
>>
I tip when i plan on being a regular or when i'm on a date, in other words i only tip when it benefits me.

They could guarantee funding their waitresses minimum wage if they would just abolish tipping and just raise their prices by 5 to 10%.

Waitresses out of all people need income stability, as well as equality (Bigger breasts have been found to have a disproportionate increase on tips)

Business owners, as always, are always to blame when their employees don't make enough money.
>>
>>28311677
>servers only get money from tips so it's your responsibility to tip them
I mean i tip a lot but I don't like being told to tip, like seriously fuck you I tip because I want stop acting like im obligated to tip you. It's optional, extra money on top of the money you are already earning. I don't have to give you extra money just because you picked a job that doesn't pay much without tips.
>>
>>28315266
>i only tip when it benefits me.
People like you deserve what you get. What miserable behavior.

I tip even when the person doesn't know I have.
>>
>>28312722
>implying the entire restaurant industry should be destroyed
This needs to happen. Automate the whole thing and send robot-cooked food to my home by self-driving vehicle or drone.
>>
>>28313396
>A monkey could do your job with proper training
Monkeys literally are trained to do that job, and they accept much smaller tips than humans:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeSQ5Rv7eH8
>>
>>28313798
15 plates is a lot more work than 1 plate, yeah
but 15 plates of steak isn't much more work than 15 plates of nachos
there should be no correlation between the food's price and the waiter's tip, the waiter's tip should depend on how much the waiter did
>>
>>28313628
>you clean the table when I leave
waiters don't do that, busboys do, and they get minimum wage and 0 tips
literally all waiters do is ask if you need anything, then go smoke a cigarette out back until one of their table's orders is ready
>>
>>28311677
Murica is shit anyways.
I pay for my food, nothing more.
Servers get financially raped?
Why not make a syndicate and some referendum to stop abuse from their boss?
>>
>>28316463
the jobs are combined in smaller places that don't want to be retardedly inefficient
>>
>americans ACTUALLY tip people for doing their jobs
Fucking kek

What are you faggots gonna do if I don't tip? Spit in my food? Cum in it? You're not getting a single pound, out of me.
>>
>>28312537
>complaining that he can't live on 20 hours of work a week
Oh woe is fucking me
>>
>>28316831
Im an American
I don't tip unless the service is great
Mandatory tipping is retarded.
>>
>>28311677
These people often make way more money than I do for doing practically nothing. It's really not that hard to take people's orders and bring the food and drink to them. They should get $3.50 without tips and it would be fair for what waiters do.
>>
>>28311677
WHY DON'T THEY CALL IT A SERVICE FEE. I HATE TO ARGUE SEMANTICS BUT THEIR "TIPS" SEEM MORE LIKE A FEE TO ME. WHICH IS FINE EXCEPT THAT YOU SHOULDN'T CALL IT A TIP WHEN IT IS A FEE. AND THE FEE IS FOR THE SERVICE PROVIDED, SO A SERVICE FEE WOULD BE THE APPROPRIATE NAME.

>TFW TRYING TO CHANGE THE WORLD WITH YOUR IDEAS BUT NO ONE LISTENS SO YOU HAVE TO USE CAPS LOCK
>>
>>28319013
I feel you, but "fees" are not optional and variable depending on your judgement of service quality.
>>
I'm a waiter and I take home up to $350 on a saturday night. Thanks cucks.
>>
>>28312933
Wagecuck shill detected
Yes, I would like a refill .
Poorfag
>>
>>28312710
If it's so unfair then why don't they find a different job. This is america the land of opportunity there's plenty of basic jobs that pay 9 - 11 bucks an hour no ones forcing you to be a waiter

>inb4 I get called cheap

I do but I think it's dumb to complain about something that's within your control
>>
>>28319709
*I do tip
>>
>>28319642
>refill

hillbilly detected
>>
>>28312537
When did it become my job to pay them?
Why don't they just get a better job or go to school?
I'm paying for the food I bought, fuck your rent
>>
I told some girl at work that I don't tip and she got so fucking shocked.
She started crying about 'muh minimum wage' and some other bullshit
Normies lmao
>>
>>28312695
Terrible fucking bait
Here's a (You) cus I'm feeling nice
>>
>>28312463
>>28312537
>>28312507
>>28313228

If we both work hard for our money, what the fuck makes them more entitled to our money? Nobody tips at McD, BK, or even Wal-Mart. It's their consequence of being a waiter.
>>
Tipping is the economical equivalent of cuckoldry.
>>
>>28312742
Top lel
I do this too
Except I only put like 50% of my tips in the pool.
I go home with more cash than those tryhard faggots
>>
File: tumblr_nmep32KuA11trv6dro3_250.png (22 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmep32KuA11trv6dro3_250.png
22 KB, 250x250
Of course r9k manboys are too cheap to tip.

Of course r9k manboys are never getting laid.

Just don't beeeee yourself fellas.
>>
>>28312537

I have worked as a server for a long time, but we get paid a reasonable salary and no one EXPECTS tips.
They are a nice extra but never something to demand or be entitled to. Certainly never part of our "salary".

Learn your job, be better. People will tip more if you do that.

Or..
Don't learn your job and feel entitled and get angsty about it. People will tip less and avoid you as a server.

Those are the real choices.
>>
>>28320407
Every server in the United States expects a tip. Nigga plz.
>>
I tip servers just because I'm too awkward to not but here is the low down on servers

>get plenty of hours
>have an easier job than most other staff
>work less hours
>make the SAME money on their paycheques
>get tips

Do not bitch about tips, fuck that. Servers shit talk you if you do not tip them at least 30%, they are all subhuman when it comes to that. Fuck servers, forever.
>>
Why is it so hard for you creeps to act like decent human beings?

Your plan is to take your frustrations about the system out on the lowest rung on the ladder?

Fuck you scab cheap phonies.
>>
>>28320543
Servers are not the lowest rung on the ladder. Have you ever worked a busy dinner rush in the middle of summer in a restaurant that has patios and decks? Have you ever washed dishes by yourself during that same night? It's fucking easier than all of that, I can assure you, I've done both.

Also in Canada servers make just as much as any other staff, plus they get tips. I am not sure how it is in America, if they really do make like $2 yeah that's fucked but it should be the responsibility of the government and business owners to fix that, not customers. Where in the fuck is the logic in that?

Before you get mad, I tip. I just fucking hate how entitled servers are towards it, especially in Canada. I've seen servers lie through their teeth to a customer who spent $20 on food and tipped them 5, only to come back to the kitchen and shit talk them all over. Fucking heartless.
>>
>>28320614
Yes. Worked in restaurants for years. Back and front of the house.

If you fucking dicks think you're making some sort of political statement by cheating you're almost certainly working class server out of a couple bucks than you're scab assholes.

Fuck off.

You don't deserve society.
>>
>>28320678
You're a fucking moron who can't read, but that doesn't change the fact that serving will always be an easier job than any other position in a restaurant.
>>
File: jHpg6zqT_400x400.png (42 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
jHpg6zqT_400x400.png
42 KB, 400x400
I overtip. It's the same as everything else in America. Those of us with class and dignity wind up subsidizing the degenerates. Sucks, but is what it is m
>>
I'm not sure where you guys get this less than minimum wage shit.

In Minnesota servers are paid minimum wage, just like every other minimum wage profession. Plus tips. You can tell here that people go above and beyond.

Though once I was on a date with a banging 9/10 at a sushi restaurant and we got a loopy Indian chick server. I didn't tip her well. I think it made my date pissed because she held it against me after that. Wtf
>>
>>28320813
Dude, again, in many place in the US, base hourly wage for servers is lower than minimum wage. This is not a meme.
>>
here is what bothers me: i always go out to eat alone. when a server sees its just me, they automatically think, they wont be getting much of a tip. the service is almosy always shit. meanwhile, i see her bending over backwards to make that table of 6 happy, refilling their coffee and water constantly. but what about me? my glass has been empty for ten minutes and she doesnt give a shit
>>
File: fmlbrufjhqwo4govhtaq.jpg (45 KB, 652x365) Image search: [Google]
fmlbrufjhqwo4govhtaq.jpg
45 KB, 652x365
>>28320764
It's hillbilly shit.

They can't comprehend that anyone is willing to pay for service beyond the bare minimum.

These are the kind of people who think culture is unlimited bread sticks at Olive Garden.
>>
File: 1454403789298.jpg (87 KB, 582x580) Image search: [Google]
1454403789298.jpg
87 KB, 582x580
>Live in Utopian Ausfag society
>There is no need for tipping
>>
>>28312852
>We need a stratified society, not an equal one... but the strata must not be so far apart from one another. There's an optimal divergence of quintiles to maximize productivity and happiness and we're so far beyond it it's unbelievable
Quit trying to make yourself look smart you're just embarrassing yourself
Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.