[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
High School Appreciation Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 13
File: comfy-wojak.jpg (27 KB, 511x428) Image search: [Google]
comfy-wojak.jpg
27 KB, 511x428
>tfw your life has gotten so empty and meaningless, with one year blurring into the next
>tfw you actually start to miss High School

I mean as awful as it could be, it gave me something to "fight against". It gave me structure. And (I thought) I had something to look forward to during my high school carrer (getting out of high school)
>>
File: 0rMQ4gM.png (661 KB, 425x585) Image search: [Google]
0rMQ4gM.png
661 KB, 425x585
>tfw catholic school
>I will never be surrounded by so many plaid skirts and tight uniform sweaters again
the way normies dress so lewd disgusts me I should work in insurance or something and see tons of qts in pantsuits
>>
File: 1408181250556.jpg (29 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
1408181250556.jpg
29 KB, 400x600
>that guy in HS who hated you for no reason
>>
>>28248703
>start to miss high school
Oh yeah, I miss having chad wedgie me in p.e. in front of all the girls.
I miss the trend following faggots making fun of me for wearing vans because I couldn't afford etnies and osiris like their mommys bought them.
>>
>mfw after senior year graduation realizing that my childhood is over for good
>>
>>28248878
I agree it was shit, but if your life hasn't managed to get worse than that, then you probably don't belong on this board
>>
>>28248703
All I do is masturbate, got to class, eat, drink, say incendiary things on the internet, and cry myself to sleep. Not a lot has changed from HS and Uni desu.

If anything it's gotten better, my roommate is a pretty nice guy and we like the same things.
>>
>>28248982
well most of the people on this board don't go to uni, and a lot of us don't have jobs.
>>
>>28248878
I'm just wondering what kind of school you went to where wearing Osiris' was EVER cool in any way
>>
>>28249167
how old are you, there may be an age gap between us.
>>
File: original.jpg (157 KB, 794x1600) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
157 KB, 794x1600
>>28249167
>went to a private school.
>all the girls were wearing skirts.
>the best parts of the day was when we were moving in or out of class.
>I could always see under their skirts while they were walking upstairs.
>>
File: animorphs.jpg (93 KB, 250x365) Image search: [Google]
animorphs.jpg
93 KB, 250x365
Life was going worse for a while I admit.

I thought being able to watch tv or do nothing all day would be fun. And it was for a few months, but it grew tiring. But I couldn't accept that what I had been looking forward to my whole life was gone. So I stubbornly clung to the lifestyle for another 2 years.

Eventually I lost the weight, made some friends and learned how to program. My friend is in the business and so I was able to network pretty well, which I know isn't an option so easily available to most people on this board.

But it was for me, and now I have a job with stimulating work, and cash money to spend on whatever I want. It provides that structure I always needed, and makes me appreciate my free time a lot more (And use it MUCH more wisely).

So I sympathize OP. High school is really better than being a NEET.

But a well-balanced adult life is better than either.
>>
File: soiled-it.gif (2 MB, 500x309) Image search: [Google]
soiled-it.gif
2 MB, 500x309
>>28248703
>tfw so many extracurricular activities you could've been doing instead of staying at home and shitposting on 4chan

>you could've had friends, and maybe even a gf if you joined a club or band or something

>But you were here
>and now you always will be
>>
>>28249470
But to answer your question, as for the good times in high school:

whenever there was busy work in social studies in my jr year. there were free for all class discussions, and anyone could argue with anyone about whatever they wanted. kids who would never give each other the time of day in any other context were laughing with each other while they argued about which pop punk band was better and shit of that nature. teach didn't care as long as we got our work done while we did this.

when my sperg friend got a car, and we were able to drive to taco bell for lunch.

my sr year when I had a study hall period. I would use it to do home work for 30 minutes and then watch an episode of king of the hill.

walking home when I couldn't get a ride. i would always be cursing whoever out for the first few minutes, but then come to enjoy the next hour. wish I had done it more, but I was a lazy sack of shit.

That's all I can think of right now
>>
meh. well, at least in hs i had the time to play WoW for 10+ hrs/day since the workload was a joke and i could pull sub-3 hrs of sleep then sleep in class instead
@ uni i can do the same shit but i don't have a good computer so i'm stuck lurking on here instead, the struggle is real senpai
>>
>>28249615
I have my desktop with me and it's decent but I literally have no time to play. If I play more than 3 hours per week I fall behind schedule and it's hell to catch up.
>>
>>28249534
>10 years from now
>you remember posting this
>kick yourself for not making the most of your life and getting off this shitty site
>>
>>28248703
What have you been doing with your time since you graduated? College? Work? Underwater basket weaving?

For me highschool wasn't anything that special. Had some friends, played in a band, didn't get laid. Once I hit college everything got so much better. Barring playing in active band, my life is somewhere between all I've ever wanted and being on the road to it.
>>
Everything was so promising in high school, like we could grow up and be legitimate adults who accomplish things

Now, years truly blend together and I'm a loser. I miss having hope
>>
>>28250933
Why did things turn out like this for you? What've you been up to?
>>
>>28249534
I did a few in HS, I did this one my school had called Horror Works where we'd watch Horror movies, write about them and write scary stories and I took a robotics class
>>
>tfw school didn't start until 9 am and I'd just be shitposting until then
>tfw I'll never go back to being able to just listen to music and doing work which made the day go way faster
>>
>>28249167
I remember when they were cool back in 2009/2010. I always though that girls looked cute in bright colored Osiris shoes and ripped jeans. Always got me hard for some reason.
Guys in those shoes looked like massive faggots though.
>>
>>28250890
shitposting m8.
not even him, but what else?
i can't summon the motivation to be productive. i wish mummy would kick me out but it's never gonna happen.

>>28250933
i know that feel anon.
>>
>>28248703
>>28248746
>tfw Catholic *all-boys* school
>tfw the last opportunity I ever had with girls was in fucking middle school

No, I don't fucking miss high school. I would if I went to a normal co-ed high school. Instead, I miss middle school simply because I had girls that I could talk to.

Yep, how pathetic, right?
>>
File: 1447613467074.png (417 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1447613467074.png
417 KB, 5000x5000
>>28248703
>used to be fit at hs school due to sports
>played football since I was 8
>used to be a starter for my football team as lineman and fullback
>People look up to me since I was always big
>i was 6'1 senior year and like 220 pounds broad shoulders
>nicknamed "big guy" by our coach
>graduate
>got put into a college that doesnt have football or any heavy contact sport
>no friends at all
>currently a 6'2 blob 260 pound sophomore
>not even interested in going to gyms because I find it boring compared to excerise through tough sports
>never been to a party either
>stressing on and studying shit I wobt use again

I cant believe I fell for the "growing up" meme
>>
>>28251446
Take up a martial art bro! Dont they have wrestling at your collage? If not, look around for a brazilian jiu jitsu club. Its super fun:)
>>
>>28248798
>Guy follows around my best friend constantly and is always moochimg and copying him in high school
Dude hated and still hates me today. Motherfucker probably had homolust and was jealous or some shit
>>
>>28251528
yeah probably.

I was a 5'6 manlet in high school and I never dealt with any real bullying. I thought it was just a meme until I came to this board.
>>
>>28251521
I've been feeling boxing lately I just dont know where to begin or where to start
>>
>2016 is half over

Top kek my life is meaningless haha
>>
See I always knew that high school would be the best part of my life, even if it was shitty. After that I just fell deeper into the void, coming back every so often to work a dead end job for 1~4 months before I was fired.

I knew it was going to be worse after I left, every year that passed I was more and more anxious about joining the real world.

Also:
>That guy who was caught jerking his dick in the bathroom and the video spread like a fucking virus
>>
File: peped.jpg (5 KB, 200x192) Image search: [Google]
peped.jpg
5 KB, 200x192
>>28251666
>it's 1/3 over
>>
>>28251695
>people shared a video of a guy jerking off

How many fags do we have in this world?
>>
>>28251715
They showed it to their friends to humiliate that poor guy, no one really liked him and he was a small time tard. Also normies are very cruel so they loved to do that.
>>
>>28251754
>normies spread the video
>not aggressive neckbeards
>imblying

I mean sure normies can be dicks but oddly enough my fellow basement dwellers are usually the worst

t. neckbeard who used to do this constantly
>>
>>28250993
Attended college for a while, got great grades but still had depression (in b4 le depression meme) tried to kill self, failed. Right after found a passion in life to live for but getting nowhere with it. Stuck at dead end job trying to go back to school
>>
High school is the last rime in many of our lives where we have a constant pool of the same people that we see every day. Its why many people even still dream about people in highschool long after becoming adults. I miss it myself. wish I made the most of it but I can't change the past.

Interesting anecdote: i saw the first person from high school after five years. It was a guy I fucking hated. Wish it was anyone else, desu. Could have caught up.
>>
>>28251950
I view it a little differently. High school seemed unique because of so many different types of people merging together. Future lawyers sitting beside future McDonald's managers. Fuck it was all so strange.
>>
File: 1461611607054.jpg (102 KB, 700x535) Image search: [Google]
1461611607054.jpg
102 KB, 700x535
>>28248878
I wish I was in your hogh school so I could bully you too
>>
>>28251446
>called me a big guy
U u U u
>>
File: 1445234602961.gif (9 KB, 343x316) Image search: [Google]
1445234602961.gif
9 KB, 343x316
>>28249534
What's done is done. I just want it to stop hurting so bad.
>>
>>28250933
>Everything was so promising in high school, like we could grow up and be legitimate adults who accomplish things

When we were young the future was so bright
The whole neighborhood was so alive
And every kid on the whole damn street
Was gonna make it big and not be beat
>>
(1/2)

I lived 30 minutes away from my high school so id never hang out with anyone but I didn't mind cause the days themselves could be fun (our workload was a joke)
It was a small school of mostly boys and we'd just make each other crack up all day long
the teachers understandably didn't like us but we didn't really care

Everything about the days were fun, even the work could be, I think it helps that we didn't have as much as other places

I fell out of touch with most of the friends I had in high school cause as much as I say I loved it it's only In retrospective sense. I certainly recognized a lot of the fun times I had while I was living them but I didn't have the same intense love I have for them now

So i didnt bother to keep in touch with them right away
At that school we were all kind of low on the social ladder and none of us were exactly the smart kids, but a couple of them somehow pulled out of it after high school and had a lot of friends and get really good grades in college and I know one of the kids is gonna get a really high paying job

It took me less than a year leaving the place to make me realize how great it was and how much I really loved those people. I stupidly thought it would be too weird to suddenly call them up and hang out even though at that point it probably would have been fine but now it's been 4 years.

Luckily some other kid felt the same way so 11 months after I left high school he threw a little get together but he wasn't friends with the kid there I missed the most so he wasn't there

Still fun though but after a couple more he stopped having those and I haven't seen some of those kids since so it's been like 3 years

I did see The kid who was my best friend twice but we didn't have a lot of time both times so we didn't end up talking much and now it's been two years since I last saw him

I don't even talk to any of them on faceberg anymore except one and that's becoming less frequent and now he's become

(Continued)
>>
>>28252794

(2/2)

a cool kid with a lot of friends.

I have no friends now.

Except that one kid I talk to on facebook still meet up with him 2 or 3 times a year but it just feels empty and isn't nearly as much fun as high school could be or really fun at all. We're kind of awkward around each other now.

We're just too different now.
We were both kind of socially shit back then but we were both happy and we could do ok sometimes in social situations

Now I've gotten a lot worse socially and i don't have a job or any friends and become bitter af while he has become a guy who can talk to anyone any time and he says and does a lot of the same shit as I did back in school but instead of being annoyed with him people find him charming.

So I wish I would have appreciated those days more while I lived them but it's probably a thing where I couldn't fully at the time no matter if someone tried to explain to me that I'd miss them horribly.
I had to experience life after to see how great those days were.

I dream about my high school almost every night and think about these kids constantly all these years later.

They probably never think of me though.

That's probably for the better.
>>
File: image.jpg (7 KB, 188x188) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7 KB, 188x188
>>28252860
>and he says and does a lot of the same shit as I did back in school but instead of being annoyed with him people find him charming.
oh how I know that feel
It gets me so filled with rage
>>
>>28252860
>he says and does a lot of the same shit as I did back in school but instead of being annoyed with him people find him charming
i had to really calm myself down after i read that
>>
>>28252860
>people are annoyed with you but when he says the same shit later on its charming
this happened to me in high school, sometimes on the same day, and the kid who everyone thought was charming for saying the same kind of shit I said was a quasi friend of mine
He wasn't a Chad and could be a normie at best but I think it's just that if anyone said what we said, unless you were a total sperg, you would get a laugh.

I was a total sperg.

Luckily for me my quasi friend was a bro so I got him to specifically test this out. One day at the beginning of class I said something and everyone was uncomfortable and some looked at me like I was the biggest idiot in the world
Then at the end of the period he said a slightly altered version of what I said and got a lot of laughs. According to the plan we had made this is where I would make a speech of sorts about the kids' hypocrisy and how their hatred of me was blinding them to whatever I said. I could find a cure to cancer but if it came out of my mouth they would never listen.

Luckily I realized in between my joke at the beginning and my quasi friend's joke at the end that that would be super autistic so I said nothing and just decided from that point on I wasn't gonna talk at school anymore except when it was related to schoolwork

After school I was in shock though that I almost actually went through with that speech

I look back very thankfully that I dodged that bullet
>>
>>28253063
>your friend was willing to do that for you
wow I hope you held on to him
but given that youre here im guessing you didnt
>>
>>28248703
High school sucked for me and I don't have any nostalgia for it.
Now I have a job, live with two friends I made on the job in a nice enough house, neither are frat boy party types so I enjoy the quiet.
Things aren't perfect right now but I feel so much better overall than being FORCED to go to that hellhole every day
>>
High school was ok. I never left town. My parents did though shortly after I graduated.
As did most of the kids who I graduated with.
tfw poor
>>
Yeah. Recently I realized that ever since I graduated HS every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it.

I'm fucking 25. Every year since graduation just sort of blends together as one big hellscape. I can't even tell the difference between 2010, 2011, 2012 in my memory. They were so similar.
>>
>>28253189
>everything blurs together
I know that feel, thankfully I only graduated two years ago

I still can change things before I have 7 blurred years.

Th-tha-that's possible right?
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.