[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHY THE FUCK DOES EVERY JOB REQUIRE SO MUCH EXPERIENCE? I JUST
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9
WHY THE FUCK DOES EVERY JOB REQUIRE SO MUCH EXPERIENCE? I JUST LOOKED AT THE MOST BRAINLESS MEAT PACKING JOB AND THEY SAID 2 YEARS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED IN MEAT PACKING. THE JOB IS LITERALLY JUST PACKING MEAT ONTO SHELVES WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>28201560
it's a lie for people with no determination and
motivation
>>
Just lie then and tell them you worked two years for your uncles business before he retired or w/e
>>
apply for the job and then when you interview and they ask about your mean packing experience do one of the following

1) pull out your conceal carry and say you're always packing, then say you misread the job positng when the question you

2) whip out your penis and tell them "I'm packing more meat than you'll ever have'
>>
I'm sorry, OP, but you probably just aren't a good fit. It's about EXPERIENCE, not necessarily your credentials. I mean, a Yale Ph.D. and former Cabinet member would also be unqualified to put the meat on the shelves.

They want someone who's done this before and really knows the ropes. Maybe that's not you. If so, try looking for jobs outside the meat packing industry. If you haven't packed, you need to get with the program.
>>
>>28201560

They're either trolling so lazy people will fuck off, or they already have the position filled.
>>
>>28201560
>every
no. you're just mad because nobody wants YOU.
>>
>>28201560
because they probably want you to do forklift work on the side

source: i've worked these type of jobs before, they want you to do a bunch of shit while not in the description while barely paying above min wage

just be neet: protip
>>
>>28201691
>2
I giggled a bit
>>
>>28201856
Then they take the ad down
>>
>>28201948

They're required by law to post openings, they're not required to hire the people they interview.
>>
>>28202002
i don't think most companies are required to post anything. especially on useless websites like CL or indeed.

and it's not a lie, they just know that they can find someone with experience usually for jobs like this. why does everyone on this board have this "actshualleeeee...." mentality? there aren't any tricks or conspiracies involved in some jackass putting an ad up for a meat packing position.

the best advice you're going to get if you don't have experience is to build a relationship with someone at the company, either getting advice from someone at the bottom or arranging for an entry level contract/temp deal with someone at the top. you can bullshit your way in and that will be fine but i doubt if you're an adult who is still incompetent at literally everything that you can bullshit someone well all of a sudden. you're going to be competing against dozens of other bullshitters and a handful of people who really want the job.
>>
OP here. I applied for a job at a tea retailer (sell tea leaves no ready-made tea) that supposedly required 1 year experience. I'm just going to lie about it.
>>
>>28201691
This. Top kek, Anon.
>>
>be me
>recently lost job
>applying for new jobs
>apply for second-tier position
>"Anon, we can't hire you because you are underqualified"
>apply for entry-level
>"Anon, we can't hire you because you are overqualified"

Life is pain
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>Worked since I was 16
>Longest unemployment stretch was 2weeks because I wanted to be depressed, play guitar and write poetry
>Been independent since 17
>Broad af experience (retail, CS/EE, Kitchen, construction)
>Had four jobs in the past year
>Just put out six resumes and got three callbacks
>Locked down a job by 3PM so I can throw in my two weeks
>More experience, higher pay, better venue
>Sense of character and charisma, always have a bitch
>Today was a good day

>Glorious NEET sister
>Worked 4months total, two jobs
>20
>100s of resumes later
>But muh free money and living with mum
>Single for 5 years

Suck it cozy fucks.
>>
Just gonna ask this here: If a security company is hiring armed guards and it says on their ad that they PREFER current CCW holders, does that mean if you apply and get the job without one, they just have you get one afterwards with your own money? I don't really know how security companies work.
>>
It's odd how much of a nervous fucking wreck I am making personal calls over the phone, but when I'm being payed to do it, it's nothing.
>>
File: 3x02dmp1301.jpg (78 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
3x02dmp1301.jpg
78 KB, 1280x960
>TFW 2 HOUR LONG REQUIRED PERSONALITY/SCENARIO WHATEVER THE FUCK LONG ASS TEST AT THE END OF EVERY FUCKING ONLINE APPLICATION

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
>>
Usually job listing that require unreasonable experience are done on purpose. They're required to post openings by the government but if they want to hire through nepotism they'll make the requirements ridiculous.
>>
Threaten them by calling immigration on them to deport the illegal beaners theyve hired.

Actually, now im wondering, is it illegal to threaten companies with shit like that?
>>
i totally got fucking fired from two jobs back to back on the first days
i am literally so weak from being neet that i just gas out on the simplest fucking shit.
fug ;_;
>>
>>28203722
What was the job? how did you get fired?
>>
>tfw no car to get to the jobs that are actually hiring
>>
>>28203766
both were dishwashing/porter kind of deals
one in a japanese place.
dude who was showing me around this totally small and shitty kitchen told me about boiling water to mop. after im done sweeping i have to go get this fucking giant pot full of boiling water and put it in the yellow bucket that has casters on it.
the thought of even touching this thing and spilling it everywhere (because i am very weak) terrifies me so after fumbling with some hand towels one of the guys in the kitchen just helps me do it and this makes me very uncomfortable somehow.
i mop around and when i'm done i'm told to go wash the shit that's in the sink, it's not much in there so i try to be meticulous and clean everything nicely but the head chef says ''you clean faster'' and manhandles the two things i had left to give a once over with a sponge and just tosses it in the dishwashing machine. not even ten seconds later he says something to me and i can't fucking understand him because he can barely speak english and his accent is just so fucking thick. the guy who was showing me around the restaurant tells me he wants me to punch out, so i do and the chef leads me to the entrance and hands me a small envelope saying ''3 hour pay, you finished'', i took it and left.
i found myself sitting on some steps nearby totally perplexed as to what has happened.
>>
>>28204123
Congrats you're a shitty dishwasher. The unit sprays, soaps, sanitize your dishes the just need a quick scrub. The boiling water was for removing stuck food that's been pounded into the floor. I'm a fish goon

That's kinda sad man. What's number 2?
>>
>>28204172
man there was some shit literally stuck on some things there that took me awhile to get off, i have no idea what it was but yeah.
the second one was in a restaurant bar and basically i drank underaged and that was curtains.
>>
dont be a dishwasher. mexicans will drive you out
>>
>>28204123
What did you expect actually allowing yourself to become a manservant for the most heartless, emotionally detached, and cabbage-breath alien apeniggers on this entire ball of shit?... (get a real job, like selling methamphetamine, and fucking all of your customer's girlfriends behind their back)
>>
>>28204245
what else is there that's entry level?
>>
>>28204262
Anything, dude. Maybe it's just where I'm at, but jobs grow here on fucking trees. Try getting into a labor trade, if you have anything resembling a work ethic. Apprenticeships typically pay higher than retail and once you qualify for your Journeyman license, you'll be making at least $20 /h.
>>
>>28204302
the thing is though i am very poor and cannot afford to pay for any trade school, i guess i should search around or something i have no idea what to do with my life i am so lost
>>
>>28202517
Lie about your qualifications when you apply for entry level jobs, idiot. How hard can it be to say you're an unskilled worker?
>>
>>28204252
;_; i don't know anon.
fugggggggggggg
>>
>>28204333
some trucking companies will pay for your training but you're stuck with them for a year

from an /o/ thread - http://pastebin.com/Sv0cyWyH
>>
>>28204333
Trade school? I didn't go to a trade school. My boss put an ad up on craigslist saying "Apprentice Electrician Needed", I emailed my resume, met him for an on-site interview, then I got the job. You get your Journeyman license by working the required number of hours under a Master, then you take a test and BAM. Certified. A trade school will expedite that process, and if you join a Union, they'll pay for the schooling and you typically start your apprenticeship at a higher rate than with private companies, albeit with more bureaucratic BS and drug tests, plus they just kind of send you wherever.
>>
>>28204498
ah that's really cool, i was thinking about electrician work as a trade. i guess i'll search for that then eh?
>>
File: Canadian Job.jpg (420 KB, 991x2047) Image search: [Google]
Canadian Job.jpg
420 KB, 991x2047
At least the pay is good.
>>
>>28204564
Godspeed, anon. Electrician work is generally the least labor-intensive of the trades, but be prepared to do some attic-crawling. Just show up to work everyday (not late) and pay attention. The latter is important, as you will be working with fucking electricity. We need more young people doing this shit, the old guys are retiring and the workload my boss and I get is insane, he'll get about a dozen voicemails after one shift.
>>
>>28201560
>apply to jobs off and on for two years
>finally get a job in january, no experience required
>let go a month later because i'm too slow
>>
>>28204614
thanks, the least labor thing is very important to me because really, even now as i type this my body aches ;_;
>>
>>28204584
i'm no expert on anything but that seems like it should be paying a lot more?
>>
File: tom cruise fudge packer.gif (1 MB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
tom cruise fudge packer.gif
1 MB, 360x240
>>28201560
Maybe you'd be better suited as a fudge packer?
>>
>>28202151
AKCHUALLY

if they're applying for an H1B visa they need to advertise the job. Usually this means running the ad in a place where most people won't see it (newspaper in a small town), but it's possible that some of those ads are also on internet classifieds.

you don't want to work for a company that hires H1B curryniggers, they'll screw up all the projects and you'll get fired to cut costs since they can't pay you a measly 35k a year
>>
>>28203521
yes, extortion and blackmail are illegal. would you like to know about the legality of other crimes, like rape and murder?
>>
File: 1.jpg (5 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
5 KB, 250x250
>wagecuck problems
>>
>apply for job
>send me a form to fill out
>then send me a 1.5 hour assessment
>then go to preliminary interview
>then go to real interview
>all takes like a month
>dont get the job
>>
File: 1458347341478.jpg (67 KB, 786x482) Image search: [Google]
1458347341478.jpg
67 KB, 786x482
>tfw making 200 a day doing max 3 hours of work
>tfw still lonely and have difficulty with people outside of work
>>
>apply for job as cashier at Freddies
>get call back week later instead offering comfy security job instead even with no experience or training
>ff to now
>making 11.85 an hour to watch a door, eat snacks and play hearthstone
>get at least 40 hours every week

Shit's too easy, idk what you plebs are complaining about :^)
>>
>>28204743
Oh you'll ache, there's no avoiding that with any job, really. Just stretch before you start the day and eat an actual breakfast.
>>
File: 1458820480311.png (1 MB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1458820480311.png
1 MB, 680x680
>21 and still no license
>>
>>28205897
>TFW TOO DIRT POOR FOR A CAR
>NEED CAR TO GET TO THE JOBS THAT ARE ACTUALLY HIRING WHERE I LIVE
>NO PUBLIC TRANSIT IN MY SHITHOLE COUNTY
>TFW EVERYONE ON R9SHIT IS RICH OR HAS RICH PARENTS THAT HELP THEM
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.